Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
I can't wait for the colored version, where Ramirez gives the loving Pope yellow demon eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Ramirez's depiction of Francis is rapidly decaying into a mass of wrinkles.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The Vatican does not pick and choose it's scientists based on beliefs that are irrelevant to their area of study. A good cartoon.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain: :mrapig:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Lib Dems' call for Labour defectors – Tim Farron says election of Jeremy Corbyn as leader could lead to disgruntled Labour MPs turning to his party"

Telegraph:

Lord Ashcroft 'not settling scores' with David Cameron book

Yesterday's Independent:

Jeremy Corbyn had 'fling' with Diane Abbott in the 1970s

Independent:

Times:

KimotaBoom
Feb 8, 2008
Duck and cover. That's the first thing to do. Duck and cover.

loquacius posted:

Ok Latuff now do one of Goku loving a pig

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

My favorite part of the latest debate was that most of the candidates believed in anthropogenic climate change but there was nothing we can or should do.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
:eyepop:

:golfclap:
Very impressive.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Hash tags should be aware of the anatomical context therefore it should be #PigGape. They're large animals! And your draw drops when you hear of it.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Monkey Fracas posted:

The fact I've had to wait so long for UKPol Pig Issue cartoons may be a bigger scandal than the event itself

I know it's obvious, but I can't help myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrF37TUaOIg

QuoProQuid posted:

Ramirez's depiction of Francis is rapidly decaying into a mass of wrinkles.

Also, the current pope pretty much never wears the elaborate miter.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Jurgan posted:

Like you'd pass up a chance to draw a hat that :swag:

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Jurgan posted:

Glad someone noticed. I think Ramirez hasn't seen a picture of Francis or is just drawing Benedict anyway.

How the gently caress do you decide that to caricature somebody you're going to draw the thing that distinguishes them by it's absence super loving big?

Two Pulitzers.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Soooo this guy is a furry artist.

I can't tell if he's condemning or supporting Cameron.

escapegoat posted:

100 hours in photoshop.

NO! Goddamnit Mason, when we said we wanted Cameron eaten by pigs, this isn't what we meant!

Oolong will go to any lengths to get more screen time in the new series.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

xthetenth posted:

Glad someone noticed. I think Ramirez hasn't seen a picture of Francis or is just drawing Benedict anyway.

How the gently caress do you decide that to caricature somebody you're going to draw the thing that distinguishes them by it's absence super loving big?

Two Pulitzers.

On the other hand, he has somehow avoided labeling the pope hat "DEBT".

So far.

Baby steps and all that.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Sandpuppy posted:

On the other hand, he has somehow avoided labeling the pope hat "DEBT".

So far.

Baby steps and all that.

Eh, he's labeled it "politics," which to me is even worse because it has no content. At least a debt label conveys the message "debt bad," but "politics" doesn't mean anything as a generic concept.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I am almost positive a majority of scientists are religious, but when have we ever let facts stay in the way of a Ramirez cartoon?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Somehow the question has never occurred to me before today, but these guys are political cartoonists, right? A thing happens, they make cartoons about the thing...that totally counts, right?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Jurgan posted:

And most scientists don't wear labcoats, but it's a perfectly reasonable way to draw them in a cartoon.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Kulkasha posted:

I can't wait for the colored version, where Ramirez gives the loving Pope yellow demon eyes.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx
This is what Ramirez thinks Pope Francis looks like.

This is what Pope Francis actually looks like.

Seriously, how is Ramirez so goddamn bad at this?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

How is it possible to produce writing this bad?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Maybe its me imagining it, but I think Sack included Walker's uneven eye level.

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

By being Muir.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Heh, yeah, when has the Catholic church EVER tried to influence what people and governments do before this pope amirite?

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

But... Social issues ARE political. Helping the poor, standing up for the disadvantaged - basic tenets of the Catholic faith - anything that doesn't maintain the status quo is, inherently, a political act. That doesn't mean it's bad.

Does he just want a Pope who says "yep everything is A-OK as-is, let's not change our behavior at all"? Who am I kidding, I know he does.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

I actually got a little angry at that it was so lovely. As Pauline Kael might have said, it looks like it was written by trolls.

e: Although Kael's quote was, "You can't get angry at something this stupefying; it seems to have been made by trolls. " so I guess she wouldn't have said it at all! :shobon:

Starshark fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 22, 2015

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

PUGGERNAUT posted:

But... Social issues ARE political. Helping the poor, standing up for the disadvantaged - basic tenets of the Catholic faith - anything that doesn't maintain the status quo is, inherently, a political act. That doesn't mean it's bad.

Does he just want a Pope who says "yep everything is A-OK as-is, let's not change our behavior at all"? Who am I kidding, I know he does.

Ah, but don't you see, when it's admonishing gay folks for being the worst (unless they're also pedophiles in robes), that's morals. When it's about things like emissions that actually affect other people and nations, it's shallow self-serving politics.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Doctor Spaceman posted:

And most scientists don't wear labcoats, but it's a perfectly reasonable way to draw them in a cartoon.

I think there is a difference between using a symbol to represent a specific profession and drawing a caricature of a particular person with the details completely wrong. I don't think I have ever even seen a picture of Frances where he is not wearing a zucchetto. Not bothering with that kind of detail shows laziness and a lack of basic craft. But it's Ramirez, so we knew that already.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I'll never get over the hammers and sickles in the Political Pope Rameriez :allears:

EDIT: Someone please post the Branco of the Pope hugging Marx tia

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

fade5 posted:

This is what Ramirez thinks Pope Francis looks like.

This is what Pope Francis actually looks like.

Seriously, how is Ramirez so goddamn bad at this?

Seriously, Pope Francis has never worn the big hat. It's one of his visual trademarks.

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Cabinet posted:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Poo poo pee pee he is a bad pope.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Rorus Raz posted:

I am almost positive a majority of scientists are religious, but when have we ever let facts stay in the way of a Ramirez cartoon?

Even if 100% of all scientists were atheists, how would this discredit global warming science, OR imply that the Pope should automatically disagree with it? :confused:

If an atheist says, "I believe that air is necessary for life, AND that there is no God :smug:", is the Pope duty-bound to stop breathing in Ramirez-world?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

loquacius posted:

Even if 100% of all scientists were atheists, how would this discredit global warming science, OR imply that the Pope should automatically disagree with it? :confused:

If an atheist says, "I believe that air is necessary for life, AND that there is no God :smug:", is the Pope duty-bound to stop breathing in Ramirez-world?

There are no facts. There is only the culture war.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:swoon:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I'm sure Karl Marx had a lot too say about global warming.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

PUGGERNAUT posted:

This is a country that was founded by people who hated Catholics until the 1960s when they realized they could get their votes by promoting antiabortion laws. Also WASPS are awful people who care only for themselves and twist their faith to get away from helping the less fortunate.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Cabinet posted:

I'll never get over the hammers and sickles in the Political Pope Rameriez :allears:

Where are the hammers or sickles? The way he modified the P is to be emblematic of ancient Rome:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I know it's been said but I really can't see this as anything but 'the vatican accepts scientific studies with overwhelming proof regardless of the personal beliefs the scientists, as any reasonable adult would'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zohar
Jul 14, 2013

Good kitty

Post 9-11 User posted:

Where are the hammers or sickles? The way he modified the P is to be emblematic of ancient Rome:

It's a Christian chi-rho symbol, it's not a roman eagle or whatever.

• Locked thread