Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

"Coldman is from POOPS!" -Pat, fan of Metal Gear

E: STOP SHOOTING DD LIAM

E2: AND THEN WITH A WALKER

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 21, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
please gif super happy DD fultoning in

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Rodyle posted:

"Coldman is from POOPS!" -Pat, fan of Metal Gear

He was blathering on about this and completely tuned out Skullface's dialogue with Huey

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Starting to notice a pattern with Liam LPs... and it's not the gameplay.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What do you notice, hgh.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
He really doesn't care much for dialogue. From Freedom Planet to MGSV passing by Astro Boy and Dangan, he kinda tunes out whatever characters are saying to talk more. Usually followed by making a wrong assumption about what was just discussed. It's really obvious in DR so I might be projecting.
Like yeah everyone talks over cutscenes but when Matt/Pat do it there's usually some sort of silent moment when they know something important is happening.

HGH fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 21, 2015

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Liam is bad at paying attention to dialogue while playing and talking, more so than the other guys. That's probably it.

Oh, by the way, dumb semi-related thing: like ten days ago, gigi d.g tweeted something like "until dawn is a game where a masked ski lodge murderer punches a teenager out while screaming lyrics to a crush 40 song" and without knowing about that scene I answered back "murdering seems quite counter-productive to living and learning tho". I mean, it's not a hard guess, but it's funny to me in hindsight.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Giant Bomb's Drew and Dan just started on their Metal Gear journey with Metal Gear Scanlon V.

Drew is the anti-Liam, methodically and slowly doing everything. I'm sure he'll speed up as he gets used to the controls and all the various options and learns the limitations of guards, but, well, he spent like 40 minutes in the first village in the Kaz mission.

Not the Kaz mission itself, the first village, before the one where Kaz actually is. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm willing to give the old folks at giantbomb a pass since, Dan aside, I'm sure they're all still recovering from Mario Party

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Matt and pat let loving ride to hell breathe with its dialogue. Liam needs to go u o the mountains and practice the art of bouncing off a game more.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I wish they let the dialogue for cutscenes breathe in almost all games. There's some LPs like I have no mouth that Im unable to watch because my brain can't read and listen at the same time. Most of the time I just tune out what they're saying or mute it if I'm trying to pay attention to the cutscenes, but that's me.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I loved their approach in Silent Hill 2, where Matt and Pat just didn't talk at all during cutscenes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus posted:

Giant Bomb's Drew and Dan just started on their Metal Gear journey with Metal Gear Scanlon V.

Hell yes. Time to shell out for premium again :getin:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Final episode of Life is Strange is scheduled for October 20th.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
You know who else is doing an MGSV LP? Stefanie Joosten.

edit: I'M FLYING AND I'M A DOG

Silentman0 fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Sep 21, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Is it any good?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Liam wasn't kidding when he said Starfox was going to make a resurgence holy poo poo

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Wow. Star Fox Adventures just kind of...stops, doesn't it?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's loving amazing isn't it? You get all prepped up for a final level and then BAM ANDROSS IN YOUR FACE

What a loving trainwreck of a game. And Woolie gives it the sendoff it deserves with that stupid item jingle.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
Matt, will the Zaibatsu be trying to get some form of Zubaz into Them's Fightin Herds and if so, what hoofed animal will he be?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

HGH posted:

It's loving amazing isn't it? You get all prepped up for a final level and then BAM ANDROSS IN YOUR FACE

What a loving trainwreck of a game. And Woolie gives it the sendoff it deserves with that stupid item jingle.

I knew the game ended with Andross, but I didn't realize just how abrupt it was. Also loving lol at that 'battle' with General Scales. Why even put a playable bit in?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Woolie: I have experience fighting Giant Space Faces!

Matt: That look like Andross!

*Giant Space Face turns around to reveal Andross*

Matt: Oh my god!

That has to be one of my favourite moments.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

That star fox ending was totally worth the rest of the dumb boring bullshit, good god. I knew it had to be good right from the start of the video when Liam said that they were turning in the second to last spirit, then bam bam bam just ramjam the rest of the content in 10 minutes and cut to last boss completely unrelated to anything else in the game, amazing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Veotax posted:

Woolie: I have experience fighting Giant Space Faces!

Matt: That look like Andross!

*Giant Space Face turns around to reveal Andross*

Matt: Oh my god!

That has to be one of my favourite moments.

Jesus christ, that AAAAAAAUUUUUGHHHH MY GOD was so beautiful.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The whole ending is really great. I knew that Andross was the final boss, but I didn't realize how little they built him up. You just get the last Krazoa Spirit and WHAM BAM ANDROSS OUTTA loving NOWHERE!!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Having just finished the final Huey-involved mission, there's not enough torture on the world to inflict on him. Vamp is a saint compared to Huey.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i can't wait for the turnaround on Huey

assuming they ever listen to tapes that is

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
You can pretty easily reach the conclusion that Huey is a piece of poo poo without listening to the tapes.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Like, one of the Huey's first lines as you're recusing him is him trying to pass the blame to Snake for what happened nine years ago. You can tell pretty early that Huey is kind of a little poo poo.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

cmykjester posted:

You can pretty easily reach the conclusion that Huey is a piece of poo poo without listening to the tapes.

yea i mean hes a grown man that goes by huey for one

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Let's be fair though, Miller being all "WE CAN'T TRUST HIM HE BETRAYED US" is pretty loving rich considering his, ya know, literally working for Cipher past.

Glass houses, is all I'm saying, it's an oil rig of traitors and scumbags and shitballs, that's kinda the point.

Also,

"Boss can you put a shirt on-"

"No."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk, maybe it was because Miller was yelling in my ear, but at first I thought Huey was just being scared and trying to pass off blame because he actually thought he was going to die and panicking.

Then the rest of the game happened

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Hey Matt, way back in podcast 34, you (meaning the group, not you specifically) reported a P4RGaming article like it was real. Was that on purpose as an April Fools joke, or did someone not notice where the article came from?

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Goddamnit, I can't escape the almost-but-not-quite-spoilers without doing a 48h marathon of the game, can I?

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I guess not, I just finished the game this past weekend, I was already spoiled of the big twist like 2 days after it was out though. You can do it!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Hearing them defend Huey for forever is going to be torture

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Watching them do this MISSION is torture.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dias posted:

Goddamnit, I can't escape the almost-but-not-quite-spoilers without doing a 48h marathon of the game, can I?

This is exactly what people have been doing in the MGS5 thread since the game came out and it is incredibly annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dias posted:

Huey being a scumbag and Miller working with Cypher were both facts before PP came out duder