Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

89 posted:

He's also offering me LeVeon Bell straight up for Antonio Brown

I drafted Brown in PPR leagues and at this point i would only consider trading him for a top 5 RB PLUS a WR2 at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lev Bell is literally the only person I would consider trading AB for, but I would probably turn that down before I see what Bell has in the tank. He's trying to trade the allure of the unknown for Antonio "loving" Brown.

Mike Evans is poop and I would trade him for a ham sandwich (and I was of this opinion before the season)

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010

ESPN standard scoring (No PPR) What do I do next week? Play my "Starters" again? Was this week a fluke for everybody?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Abdullah for Evans? I get Abdullah

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

All my decisions are wrong and terrible

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Hmm.. got offered Phillip Rivers and Brandin Cooks for Emmanuel Sanders. I'm currently starting Bradford at QB so it would be an upgrade. Still, this is a reject, right? Cooks-Sanders seems like a nice buy low/sell high combo but it's still a downgrade, and I can stream QBs.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

What???

edit: Emmanuel Sanders is going to be dogshit when Peyton ages fifty years in the next six games. Phillip Rivers is going to be a lot better than he was week 2. I mean, I'd accept that in a second. Who do you think you can stream in place of Rivers? Cooks has a ton of talent man. Don't overreact.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Sep 22, 2015

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Pretty happy with my team overall, don't have many chances to improve it with thin waivers in a 12-team 8-bench-slot league so I'm down to tinkering with deep bench slots:

Drop Knile Davis for Karlos Williams? (standard league)

I don't own Charles or McCoy but keep getting this feeling like McCoy is not going to get it done in Buffalo and is going to start ceding more carries to Williams.

I'd only ever play Knile if Charles went down with an injury and even then I'm not sure I would start him over Latavius, Forsett or Coleman. But he might be a better lottery-ticket payout/have more trade value than Karlos if that did happen.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Maybe try to work some trade to the Charles owner first?

Too late for that though I reckon

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
He just offered me LeVeon Bell, Randall Cobb, and Justin Forsett for Gronk, Big Rape, and Justin Houston

Also Forsett and Cobb for Evans and Foster

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It depends on what you want. I traded for Charles and if I was betting my life savings I'd bet on him getting hurt. The second that happens, Knile Davis is a top 10 running back. LMAO on not starting him over Coleman.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

kiimo posted:

What???

edit: Emmanuel Sanders is going to be dogshit when Peyton ages fifty years in the next six games. Phillip Rivers is going to be a lot better than he was week 2. I mean, I'd accept that in a second. Who do you think you can stream in place of Rivers?

Well, Drew Brees isn't doing so hot himself and may even be out for a few weeks. I don't know anything about the next guy up for the Saints. So, I'm not high on either Sanders or Cooks when considering their QBs (although Sanders still seems the better choice). And it's a 10-team league so the waiver wire's not that bad. Sure, Rivers would be better. For example, just looking ahead to next week Mariota vs IND or even Fitzpatrick vs PHI are not looking that much worse than Rivers @ MIN.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on the fence.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

89 posted:

He just offered me LeVeon Bell, Randall Cobb, and Justin Forsett for Gronk, Big Rape, and Justin Houston

The second one is kind of a no brainer. The first one might be too.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Hmm.. got offered Phillip Rivers and Brandin Cooks for Emmanuel Sanders. I'm currently starting Bradford at QB so it would be an upgrade. Still, this is a reject, right? Cooks-Sanders seems like a nice buy low/sell high combo but it's still a downgrade, and I can stream QBs.
I agree with your assessment. Sanders>Cooks and a non-elite QB should never swing a trade really. You can stream QBs like you said.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

At the beginning of the year if you said Rivers or stream? Cooks or Sanders? You'd get a 100% "Rivers and Cooks". It's been two games and Drew Brees won't be gone long.

Cooks is a badass who has had a mediocre start. So is Rivers. Sanders is a #2 who has had two good weeks. What I'm saying is your friend is an idiot.

Now, this could be a trend, maybe Manning can't throw far enough to get to Thomas these days. But seriously if you watched the Thursday game I'd have serious doubts about Sanders' future.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

kiimo posted:

It depends on what you want. I traded for Charles and if I was betting my life savings I'd bet on him getting hurt. The second that happens, Knile Davis is a top 10 running back. LMAO on not starting him over Coleman.

If I frame the decision in terms of which player would ever actually see my starting lineup, Knile > Karlos so I guess I'll just stick with Knile.

I think Tevin Coleman's on track to be really good (if he can get/stay healthy). :colbert:

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
How is Brandin Cooks a badass? I'm pretty worried about him, Brees, and the Saint offense. Brees is looking pretty old himself out there and the Saints have yet to prove they really know how to utilize Cooks effectively. He's nowhere close to WR1 territory and he doesn't even seem like that good of a WR2.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I got him down to me trading Gronk and Justin Houston for LeVeon Bell....

....good idea?!

89 fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Sep 22, 2015

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have Coleman in both leagues. I have a giant man crush on him. I am betting on him being a stud.

However, the Atlanta line is not great. Coleman's rib is fractured. He's scored 17 points in fantasy in his life and looked like dogshit trying to pass protect. If Charles is gone, Knile is the sole back in KC. That's a way better start. I'm a KC fan and have watched Knile a lot.

But seriously I hope Coleman turns into a fantasy hero.

edit: Cooks was a badass in college and hasn't broken out yet but the Saints are going to throw to him. A lot.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 22, 2015

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
The Saints offense is a tire fire and Im glad I have zero shares of it.

I'll take Sanders' proven track record over Cooks being a badass in college and one game last year on an offense that spreads it around when it's working.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

89 posted:

I got him down to me trading Gronk and Justin Houston for LeVeon Bell....

Offer 1 is a no brainer. Bell ~ Gronk, Cobb >>> Ben + Houston, and you get Forsett for free. This is easily my favorite of the ones you mentioned.

Offer 2 is close, assuming all of them play to expectations. Healthy Foster >> Forsett, Cobb >> Evans.

Offer 3 is probably overpaying for Bell slightly. Who else do you have at TE? Gronk is a legit 1st/2nd round guy himself, and if IDP scoring is high, Houston is a nice LB. It isn't the worst deal if you're weak at RB and have a good back up TE, but it feels worse because you could be fleecing him with that first offer.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'll take Sanders' proven track record over Cooks being a badass in college and one game last year on an offense that spreads it around when it's working.

Fair enough. I guess I'm high on Rivers and Cooks.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

LmaoTheKid posted:

Same; I was trying to get B. Coleman off waivers last week but he didn't fall to me and now I consider that a bullet dodged.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Running backs are AP, Latavius Murray, Ivory, and Woodhead (also Matt Jones stashed).

Wideouts are Antonio "loving" Brown, Jordan Matthews, and a pile of dogshit including Michael Floyd, Cecil Shorts, Dammy Amendola.

At some point I'm going to need to start somebody besides those top two wideouts, do I try and move Murray/Woodhead/Ivory for a decent wideout? I'm currently sort of playing the matchups and playing AP + 2 other backs based on matchups in the RB2/FLEX spots respectively.

1 PPR 12 team league.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

kiimo posted:

Fair enough. I guess I'm high on Rivers and Cooks.

We've all got our fantasy crushes, I get it. As a Peyton owner I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop but I have hope after the end on the game on Thursday and Sanders was a huge part in that.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

89 posted:

Just got offered...

My Mike Evans for Ameer Abdullah

Or

Mike Evans & Justin Houston for Justin Forsett

This is gonna happen in the next hour if I do it.

We have "agreed" to this:

I give:
Gronk
Big Rape
Mike Evans
Jonathan Stewart
Justin Houston
Khalil Mack (DE)

I get:
LeVeon Bell
Randall Cobb
Carson Palmer
Seferain-Jenkins
Roddy White

Mash??????

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Ty1990 posted:

Running backs are AP, Latavius Murray, Ivory, and Woodhead (also Matt Jones stashed).

Wideouts are Antonio "loving" Brown, Jordan Matthews, and a pile of dogshit including Michael Floyd, Cecil Shorts, Dammy Amendola.

At some point I'm going to need to start somebody besides those top two wideouts, do I try and move Murray/Woodhead/Ivory for a decent wideout? I'm currently sort of playing the matchups and playing AP + 2 other backs based on matchups in the RB2/FLEX spots respectively.

1 PPR 12 team league.

You could, but you should want a lot in return since all your backs have a lot of value in 1 PPR. I'd rather keep all those backs, drop Amendola and Shorts, and find some help on the wire.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Lost on a meaningless last second 46 yarder from Nick Folk

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I have Stafford and I'm prepping for his injury/underperforming. I tried to trade for Palmer (owner has Rodgers) and no dice. The guy who has Cam on his bench wants to trade rape me and I don't want to reward his stupid idea for drafting two QBs in order to have one for trade bait. These QBs are available:

Kaepernick
Foles
Carr
Alex Smith
Taylor
Dalton

Who's the best? I'm leaning Dalton, but I think the Romo owner is going to snag him.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Pretty much any of those are fine and I would be ok with streaming them based on matchups, at least for the next 3-4 weeks while things settle down and guys come back down to earth or recover from a couple bad weeks.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

VDay posted:

Pretty much any of those are fine and I would be ok with streaming them based on matchups, at least for the next 3-4 weeks while things settle down and guys come back down to earth or recover from a couple bad weeks.

Which would you grab then after Dalton?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I'd probably go Carr, Taylor, then Smith. Looking closer I thought Foles was doing better than he actually is so I'd pass on him, and Kaep had a decent game this week but it was mostly because the 49ers were down like 29-3 at halftime so he got pretty much an entire half of garbage time to bump his stats up.

Carr and Taylor are both gambles (Carr is still on the Raiders and Taylor is still a rookie who might start getting schemed against and defended better) while Smith is, as always, the safe play. Grain of salt, just my opinion, etc etc but I'm pretty high on Smith this year when he's not playing the Broncos D. I think he'll be a pretty consistent 15-18 point option most of the year, apart from the few games where Andy Reid outthinks himself and decides that that week's gameplan will be to only call running plays for 3 quarters or something stupid.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I went up against Brown, Fitzgerald and ODB jr this week so I lost by literally one hundred points.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I did it.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

DeepDickPizza posted:

In actual concern news, I am up by ~11 in my meatball league, with only his Chris Ivory to play. It's basically a coinflip. The hosed up thing is I would've had it locked up if both Davante Adams and Carlos Hyde didn't suffer injuries that kept them out of large portions of their games. To complicate matters further, I also own Ivory in another league that's total points for the year like roto baseball. My rooting interests are going to be very specific and weird tonight. Fantasy football!!!

Good job, Chris Ivory. You didn't completely crap the bed, but you also didn't put up enough points for that other guy to beat me!

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Looking ahead for a new defense for week 3. In my opinion my best options are GB v KC or PIT @ STL.

I'm leaning Packers right now, but I haven't gotten a chance to watch the Steelers in action to really know if they're decent defensively even if it's a good matchup.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Standard Scoring

Was offered Carson Palmer for my LeGarrette Blount.

My team is on the left:

A few concerns:
  • Manning hasn't won me over in his first two weeks.
  • Blount had a pretty awful Week 2 with only 7 snaps (compared to Lewis with 70) but Patriots go up against Jacksonville in Week 3.
  • A. Morris' role looks a bit questionable now that Matt Jones entered into the spotlight.
  • T. Coleman has a fractured rib so his role may be diminished (if he fields during the next game or two).

a nigga who smoke
Feb 26, 2007

coughin' and chokin' constantly

Tortilla Maker posted:

Standard Scoring

Was offered Carson Palmer for my LeGarrette Blount.

My team is on the left:

A few concerns:
  • Manning hasn't won me over in his first two weeks.
  • Blount had a pretty awful Week 2 with only 7 snaps (compared to Lewis with 70) but Patriots go up against Jacksonville in Week 3.
  • A. Morris' role looks a bit questionable now that Matt Jones entered into the spotlight.
  • T. Coleman has a fractured rib so his role may be diminished (if he fields during the next game or two).

I personally like to roster two quarterbacks as opposed to the recent one quarterback trend. I also thing you would be getting outstanding value in this trade, because gently caress rostering any Patriots RB outside of the passing down guy in PPR.

All this being said, you need the RB lotto ticket more than you need a QB coin flip every week. If you can somehow easily gain the RB talent that you desperately need, do the trade. Otherwise, stand pat.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!
To every one who talked me out of Mariota: THANK YOU. Can't believe I was so dumb. That said, I WAS dumb enough to start the Titans D. I think from now on I'm just streaming whoever's playing Jacksonville.

After last week, would it be a good idea to bench Jeremy Maclin for Larry Fitzgerald going forward? Palmer and Fitz still have that dynamic and last week more or less showed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Vernon Davis or Eddie Royal rest of way in flex for PPR? Royal is clear targets on a bad team but Davis has been ok so far too target wise.

• Locked thread