Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Endless Mike posted:

that's twitter's fault for using webview instead of safariview, not purify.

ah ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

PleasureKevin posted:

apple has hosed up 3 launches in one year now,  Watch, Macbook Retina and now iPhone 6S

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/21/no-walk-in-iphone-6s-sales-scalpers/

free market, bithc

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Mulva posted:

Finally, now they just need to make it nationwide and cut off the Chinese mafia once and for all.

that's racist

also how does it help cut off chinese scalpers to not launch in china? motivates it more.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i think the main goal is to keep mafia-acquired homeless people from massing at their stores

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

plus you can still get one, you just have to reserve a spot and physically go into a store to pick it up

as i will be doing this friday

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Busta Chimes.wav posted:

instead of giving verizon loving anything donate your old phone to a womens shelter and go on with your life

lmao what

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

cremnob women hating again

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

my new iPad Air 2 came today, but with iOS 8.4

Tim!! :argh:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ludwig van Halen posted:

when i got my refurb 5c it came with ios 7.1 i think

two days later i got the ios 9 beta

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

unhfffff 3 days 23 hours

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
watchOS 2 is great thanks tim

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ludwig van Halen posted:

gutted, now you'll know how fast it was meant to be

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

echinopsis posted:

a tradition that people loved and made for headlines

apple aren't makin people happy anymore, it's realy only people being "how can you not love what they do" without actually realised they've traded in an ideal and a vision for "what makes sense"

qacrtually osx and ios own still an a re by a long mile the best OSes to ever have existed/

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
@stroughtonsmith: iPhone 6s benches almost as fast as my 2011 Core i7 MacBook Air ಠ_ಠ

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

faster than a 2010 MacBook Pro i7

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

but at least intel has the process advantage right??

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stux posted:

qacrtually osx and ios own still an a re by a long mile the best OSes to ever have existed/

u don't get what I am saying. they now jus run off what makes sense not what people will love and adore

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
exactly: like the camp outs outside the stores were part of the special apple culture but that's not what they are about now.

most of their consumers aren't fanboys. they used to play to the fanboys but now the have shat down their throats and then farted in their faces for dessert

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

i like ur gimmick echinopiss

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

zen death robot posted:

Intel has the advantage of shitloads of code that works fine on x86 that no one is ever going to bother to port

hey look it's microsofts marketing from the 90s haha

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Apple customers under Steve Jobs:

Intelligent
Tech savvy
Professional

Apple customers under Timmy Cook:

Dim-witted
Naive
Gullible
Tech illiterate
Easily impressionable

Tim really is marketing to and targeting the stupid. Tim Cook's strategy involves delivering purposely crippled products with higher profit margins and relying on marketing and gimmicks to make the sale.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

shut the gently caress up bitch

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Athletic Footjob posted:

Apple customers under Steve Jobs:

Intelligent
Tech savvy
Professional

Apple customers under Timmy Cook:

Dim-witted
Naive
Gullible
Tech illiterate
Easily impressionable

Tim really is marketing to and targeting the stupid. Tim Cook's strategy involves delivering purposely crippled products with higher profit margins and relying on marketing and gimmicks to make the sale.
nah it was p much like that before too

neu-apple is more anroid style triangulation and trend chasing

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
its fun the among of macrunor ppl who absolutely loathe apple

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

zen death robot posted:

Intel has the advantage of shitloads of code that works fine on x86 that no one is ever going to bother to port

on the other hand, a pretty large number of enterprise LOB applications are just web front-ends to some horrific DB or whatever in the background. wiring them up to an ios app would be pretty trivial, and there's something to be said for the idea of replacing office drone computers with ipads pros or w/e. i think the ibm/apple partnership is going to move along those lines.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

hmmmm

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204833

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i think this says more about the macbook than the iphone

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i use the macbook retina and it is supremely needs suiting. if i could get it powered by arm and have 4 day abttery life i will buy it day one

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

time to read the nilay iphone 6s review

http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/22/9368415/apple-iphone-6s-iphone-6s-plus-review

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

i too choose my phones based on their processor benchmarks

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

lmao all that whining and he doesnt mention content blocking once in the review.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

i guess to avoid educating the verge demo about this feature

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
please don't quote studded bracelet stymie or engage him in any way

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

he actually loves the iPhone its the best ever he says

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
lol. Marco, toaster head, Arment has gotten Apple to automatically refund all the money from his content blocker that Gruber hated.

my favorite part was at the end he said that donating the proceeds to charity was not viable because he would've had to pick the charity. what a beta.

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

yea he was sufficiently adulatory but thats cause the iphone 6s is a perfect phone and he would have gotten flamed if he tried to poo poo on it

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Dirk Pitt posted:

lol. Marco, toaster head, Arment has gotten Apple to automatically refund all the money from his content blocker that Gruber hated.

my favorite part was at the end he said that donating the proceeds to charity was not viable because he would've had to pick the charity. what a beta.

seems like apple did it without informing him which is even better

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
in retrospect i am pretty glad i didn't just buy the app immediately simply because marco's name was on it and instead waited even just 3 days

i am being protected by dual blankets of freedom and (free) crystal. i am ok with my level of ad protection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

echinopsis posted:

u don't get what I am saying. they now jus run off what makes sense not what people will love and adore

thahtsw aht they always diudi idiot

• Locked thread