Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The pikachu comes out of the bag, too. bad news is its theyre japan only raffle rewards.

http://www.bpnavi.jp/kuji/item/1217

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I'm going to start a new Black 2 save, and was thinking about a gimmick run using only Dream Radar Pokémon. However, the obtainable monster list seems kinda limited:
-Munna
-Drifloon
-Riolu
-Sigiliph
-Swablu
-Igglybuff
-Shuckle
-Staryu
-Porygon
-Bronzor
-Ralts
-Togepi
-Smoochum
-Rotom
-Spiritomb
-Hoothoot
-Slowpoke
-Beldum
-The loving genies
(I don't have any Gen IV games, bye Lugia and pals)

IVs are going to be all over the place (and way below perfect). Also, since they pulled GTS support and I don't know anyone who plays this poo poo, trade evolutions are a no-go, so RIP Slowking and Porygon*.
This is going to be single player, of course, so I'm going to need a swimmer (Either Staryu or Slowpoke), a flier (bunch of poo poo to pick, but I guess the solidest choice is to evolve Togepi) and a boulder pusher (Lucario? loving BRONZONG?). Also, Rotom.

I'm still thinking about this, but maybe it has the potential to be fun. Can't wait to crash and burn! :v:

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
So someone figured out how to hack Shuffle and obtained pokemon that are in the database but not currently available to the public. Ditto apparently has some kind f mega evo ability? Anyways, the cheaters are messing up the Charizard Y Completion by using Ditto and Palkia and having insanely high scores.. I better get some jewels or mega speedups or just a free Charizardite Y as an apology for having normal players being screwed over. :mad:

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Ruggington posted:

Oh my god ekans

Yeah I could see ekans eating pikachus in the wild

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That is how I choose to view it as well

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Waffleopolis posted:

So someone figured out how to hack Shuffle and obtained pokemon that are in the database but not currently available to the public. Ditto apparently has some kind f mega evo ability? Anyways, the cheaters are messing up the Charizard Y Completion by using Ditto and Palkia and having insanely high scores.. I better get some jewels or mega speedups or just a free Charizardite Y as an apology for having normal players being screwed over. :mad:

I figured that the Charizard competition was just a big honeypot for dumb hackers.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Lazy_Liberal posted:

Yeah I could see ekans eating pikachus in the wild
They're just playing

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!

Waffleopolis posted:

Interestingly the info section for the competition (at least on mobile) says 'using unauthorised data may disqualify your entry' - I don't know if this is something new.

Surely it would really obvious if they were using pokemon which hadn't been released? Then again it would explain why the top ranking is full of people with scores of 9,999,999...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Ruggington posted:

They're just playing

Digest the Pikachu is a very popular game among Ekans

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

Digest the Pikachu is a very popular game among Ekans

NO

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

That Pikachu is dead, Rugginton

Ekans ate it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I bet people buy Pikachus specifically to feed them to their pet Ekans in Pokemon land, just like in real life

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Bumping up my previous request. I'm still looking for a hidden ability skrelp in a heal ball. I have spare shaymin among other things if you all are interested. Also one question, can a blaziken deal with no having perfect HP IVs? I'm trying to breed em' right now.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Manatee Cannon posted:

I bet people buy Pikachus specifically to feed them to their pet Ekans in Pokemon land, just like in real life

Agreed. When you want something a little more exciting than yet another rattata.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Waffleopolis posted:

Evidently some hacking tools and save editors that were quietly distributed in the past are now publicly available. There have been cheaters in past competitions (even the Sharpedoite event had people using unreleased Pokémon; some regions had Mega Diancie users in the top 5, and Ditto has cropped up in one of the previous Lucarionite turn-based events), but now they're just being blatant while before most would keep their heads down and avoid especially high rankings to avoid any possible backlash.

I honestly wonder how Nintendo/Genius Sonority handles vetting authentic scores and what they do, if anything, to accounts in violation. They already disallow mobile users to even compete if their device is rooted, but I don't think they could enforce being on the latest 3DS firmware or something.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

im crying

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Manatee Cannon posted:

My Seviper only eats the finest shiny Pikachu imported straight from Japan.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Cernunnos posted:

My Seviper only eats the finest shiny Pikachu imported straight from Japan.

Those are just a scam, imitation ditto pikachus work just as well

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

circle of life, friend.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Neo_Crimson posted:

circle of life, friend.

i bet you're one of those people who acts like it's ok for people in johto to boil houndours and growlithes alive for dinner because it's their culture

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Pikachus only live like a year or two anyway.

Kazzah fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 23, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

i bet you're one of those people who acts like it's ok for people in johto to boil houndours and growlithes alive for dinner because it's their culture

team rocket did nothing wrong

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Manatee Cannon posted:

Maybe frozen ones, but putting a live Pikachu in your Ekans cage sounds like a good way to get your pet paralyzed.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Maybe frozen ones, but putting a live Pikachu in your Ekans cage sounds like a good way to get your pet paralyzed.

Maybe back in your day, grandpa, but now we just breed them for Lightning Rod and poo poo up their moveset with useless TMs :smug:

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Legitimately though, I would love to see a Pokémon that's purposely designed to be a predator that specializes in hunting electric rodents.

Or at least an Electric/Dark non-cute rat. The Wario to Pikachu's Mario so to speak.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Geodude floats over and punches Pikachu in the face, then eats it

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Well, we get a pikachu knockoff every generation (Pichu sorta, Plusle/Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, Dedenne) so you just might get your wish.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Dedenne was so close to actually being usable.

so loving close.

(why the gently caress can't you learn any special Fairy attacks????? :argh:)

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
I have some pokemon on soulsilver that I want to get into omega ruby, whats the best way to get them there?

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Horsebanger posted:

I have some pokemon on soulsilver that I want to get into omega ruby, whats the best way to get them there?

Transfer them to a gen5 game (needs another DS to do the transfer) then use Poke Transporter to get them to Omega Ruby. (You need a Pokebank sub to do this, it's $5 for 1 year of access.)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Horsebanger posted:

You need two DSes to transfer from gen 4 to gen 5. Any gen 4 game can transfer to any gen 5 game, but in both cases it's only accessible after beating the Elite Four. Then put the gen 5 game in a 3DS and upload the pokemon in it to Pokemon Bank, and then transfer them from there to any gen 6 game.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Zore posted:

so loving close.

I have video evidence of me getting swept by a dedenne that I keep forgetting to upload.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Bongo Bill posted:

You need two DSes to transfer from gen 4 to gen 5. Any gen 4 game can transfer to any gen 5 game, but in both cases it's only accessible after beating the Elite Four. Then put the gen 5 game in a 3DS and upload the pokemon in it to Pokemon Bank, and then transfer them from there to any gen 6 game.

Thanks for this

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Horsebanger posted:

Thanks for this

To clarify, you need to beat the Champion in the gen 5 game. In gen 4 it just needs to be in a box. The transfer station is located in Route 15 in all versions.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Zore posted:

so loving close.

Gamefreak guy: "An Electric/Fairy emitting a powerful flash of light? How absurd!"

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

I am Reverend posted:

I have video evidence of me getting swept by a dedenne that I keep forgetting to upload.

I'll click on your ads if you can upload it asap

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Cerony posted:

Gamefreak guy: "An Electric/Fairy emitting a powerful flash of light? How absurd!"

This is especially cool because Dazzling Gleam is learned by like, absolutely everything.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Amppelix posted:

This is especially cool because Dazzling Gleam is learned by like, absolutely everything.

Azumarill and Mawile don't learn it either. Along with Dedenne, those three are physical Fairy-types according to GF. For Azumarill and Mawile it works out given their stats and abilities, but Dedenne didn't get the physical Attack stat to match.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Lum Berries will clear that right up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Amppelix posted:

Gengar can learn it. Starmie can learn it. Lanturn can learn it. All sorts of Pokemon that seem like it could emit a brilliant flash of light can learn it.

But not Dedenne.

It's like an electric type not being able to learn Thunderbolt.

• Locked thread