Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
Hey Krushgroove, I think you missed my Oath in that last roundup.

edit: can't start a new page like this. tell them I said something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

head58 posted:

I, head58, oath this Aradus Sentinel (with magnetized Soldier bits), a 50mm Privateer Press Skorne shooty bug thing, for this month of September.

OATH COMPLETE

It's only the middle of the month. I should oath something else...

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Zark the Damned posted:

[
Glaug Battlepod which is from the Robotech series and is my Technical Jurnal, plus the colours and style are based on http://macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/glaug.htm (I've already claimed Box Art though) - the lining turned out a bit rougher than I'd like but this kit is super detailed for it's size. Also a pain to assemble, no wonder this game didn't take off as a mass battle game. Thanks again to NTRabbit for sending me this last season!

Boosh, it looks just like Khyron's :buddy:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

BirdieBedtime posted:

I, BirdieBedtime, do Oath four Tactical Legionnaires with Bolters, one Veteran Tactical Sergeant, and five Seeker Legionnaires!

Sorry, thought I'd gotten this one! I'll let you know if I can figure out something cool you could have said!

Oath Accepted!

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Apparently my oath wasn't accepted. It's the first one of the month.

Also, may have bit off more than I can chew in a busy month.

Germ
May 7, 2013

OATH ADDITION

Oathing these two weeping angels and two columns from Reaper Bones. 28mm in scale, I believe.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I'm getting all antsy for last month's judgements.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I, Thundercloud, oath 12 Men At Arms from the Hundred Years War, from Perry.

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

IT'S PRIZE DRAW TIME!

:siren: JULY PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: JERRYLEE!
http://orokos.com/roll/327183

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: SIGNAL!
http://orokos.com/roll/327186

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: UROBOROS!
http://orokos.com/roll/327187

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:

If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

To CLAIM your prizes, click here and go to the bottom of the first post in the Oath Thread Season 6 thread.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

lovestick posted:

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: SIGNAL!
http://orokos.com/roll/327186

Yay! Thank you!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Another grab bag, most the 40k stuff is all gone. Does that warhammer template pack come with objective markers?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Uroboros posted:

Another grab bag, most the 40k stuff is all gone. Does that warhammer template pack come with objective markers?

Angle marker, fleeing/rally markers, the big thing is a battle resolution tracker. The coins can be used as objectives, but they are all the same (one side comet one side skull).

I'm pretty sure there are extra things that haven't been photographed yet. Might be worth asking before deciding on a thing.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Uroboros posted:

LordAba posted:

Angle marker, fleeing/rally markers, the big thing is a battle resolution tracker. The coins can be used as objectives, but they are all the same (one side comet one side skull).

I'm pretty sure there are extra things that haven't been photographed yet. Might be worth asking before deciding on a thing.

Check the album again - I updated it to remove one thing that was taken most recently, as well as to add the stuff that LordAba recently donated. Let me know!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oath complete for September! Claiming journal as there are references to Mr Robot in there. The hacker is like the main character (black paints and dark hair and black hoodie), the Masque is Mr Robot himself, and the picketers are holding signs from the show (the badly drawn beard, the fsociety freehand, the anti-evilcorps slogan).

Whole gang!

Mr Robot references.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I, JcDent, add to my oath this Emperor's Champion and Sniper Scouts

Don't judge me, I bought that stuff a long time a go, the first champion was miscast and this is a replacement, and I cute lady redshirt made me lose resolve and buy something... that something being Sniper Scouts cos I'm stupid.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Signal do oath for this month:

The Blue Arcadia, from some random garage kit. A model that I've been assembling for a friend that has given me nothing but trouble. 1/1400 scale, I think.

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Addition!
Four PHR Neptune dropships, also from Dropzone Commander.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

OATH ADDITION

1 Numenera Raster by Reaper (25mm)

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, twice shamed, oath to paint for the month of September

1 Tower Ruin, 1 Frontier Stone Tower with removable thatched roof, and 1 Orc Hut Amongst The Rocks, by Acheson Creations (28mm)

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Oath Complete

Theme:

When I was much younger, this show was the poo poo.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

This was so much better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI8ZDzMCjMI

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Nostalgia attack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IzSGvXc_PM

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
krushgroove, I didn't see you accept my oath but I'm gonna post this anyway.

Oath Complete!

I'm really happy with how the water effects on the base came out. I accidentally bumped the puddle with a poking tool while trying to adjust the static grass, and it hadn't quite set all the way so the perturbed water look stuck (so far!).

I need to make my October project be to build a new light box because my lighting changed and its getting hard to get decent photos on my shelf. The bad lighting in these images kinda helps to make the face look more detailed than it actually is.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath addition!
2 soldiers.
Still a mix of Gripping Beast and Northstar.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, am getting off my rear end and oathing Allison Jakes, a Cygnar solo from Privateer Press' Warmachine line.

This model will be done for the jurnal. Privateer Press partnered with Whitemoon Dreams to create a computer game based on Warmachine, called Warmachine Tactics, and ran a Kickstarter for it. Various soloes were available in alternative sculpts as KS rewards, and Allison Jakes was one of them, and this is the alt sculpt in question. She's also the star of the release campaign for the game!

Oath addition! This is Taelor, a Malifaux mini from Wyrd, part of the Outcast faction! I also hope to have her qualify for the jurnal.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

I'm just waiting for someone to do Street Sharks-themed Carcharadons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqGQyMF5a_0

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

Hmm, wait, that doesn't feel quite right. What was it... Oh yeah.

THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!
Charge lads, CHARGE!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath Star Wars: Imperial Assault starter box from FFG for the month of September.

drgnvale posted:

I, drgnvale, oath for the month of September a Mantic Vampire Lady, 28mm scale.

krushgroove, let me know if I need to retake the photo. I did 4 or 5 of them before I found an angle that let you see both the model and the time, but didn't notice that the date was obscured.
sorry guys!

Germ posted:

OATH ADDITION

Oathing these two weeping angels and two columns from Reaper Bones. 28mm in scale, I believe.

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, oath 12 Men At Arms from the Hundred Years War, from Perry.

JcDent posted:

I, JcDent, add to my oath this Emperor's Champion and Sniper Scouts

Don't judge me, I bought that stuff a long time a go, the first champion was miscast and this is a replacement, and I cute lady redshirt made me lose resolve and buy something... that something being Sniper Scouts cos I'm stupid.

Signal posted:

I Signal do oath for this month:
The Blue Arcadia, from some random garage kit. A model that I've been assembling for a friend that has given me nothing but trouble. 1/1400 scale, I think.

LazyAngel posted:

Oath Addition!
Four PHR Neptune dropships, also from Dropzone Commander.

NTRabbit posted:

OATH ADDITION

1 Numenera Raster by Reaper (25mm)

Electric Hobo posted:

Oath addition!
2 soldiers.
Still a mix of Gripping Beast and Northstar.

Pyrolocutus posted:

Oath addition! This is Taelor, a Malifaux mini from Wyrd, part of the Outcast faction! I also hope to have her qualify for the jurnal.

Oaths Accepted!

I'll be getting the July photo album ready real soon, I should have done this a couple of weeks ago, just been sidetracked!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Hey Krushgroove, were you ever able to send out my mens from the June grab bag? :)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Drone posted:

Hey Krushgroove, were you ever able to send out my mens from the June grab bag? :)

Honestly I did keep forgetting about them (or remembering but then getting sidetracked!), but the ones that were painted are sitting in clean spirits right now and I'll be stripping them tonight and posting them next week!

That actually goes for everyone waiting for their stuff from me - I've got Schmetterling's grand prize from the last thread plus her brushes from this thread, brushes for JerryLee and a brush stand for Signal, these are going out next week as well.

e: for everyone's information, the prize post in the OP (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717315&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post444779498) lists who has been drawn each month and each quarter, and once your name is crossed off that means your prize is in the mail/post.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 23, 2015

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

krushgroove posted:

brushes for JerryLee

Just to double-check, did you ever get my weathering powders from last season sent out too, or will they be in this batch?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

JerryLee posted:

Just to double-check, did you ever get my weathering powders from last season sent out too, or will they be in this batch?

They're already in the package : )

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

krushgroove posted:

They're already in the package : )

Awesome.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Hey Krushgroove I got those brushes in the mail the other day and man, that is a great set. I should be set on brushes for quite a while now. Thanks!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pash posted:

Hey Krushgroove I got those brushes in the mail the other day and man, that is a great set. I should be set on brushes for quite a while now. Thanks!

That's great! They got there pretty quick then.

In case anyone is wondering, the pack of brushes on the left is what each monthly winner of the Springer-Pinsel brushes gets. These were packed by me at the start of the Oath Thread year (it took ages, there were so many brushes!). The pack on the right is what the quarterly prize winners will get!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer

krushgroove posted:

I'll be getting the July photo album ready real soon, I should have done this a couple of weeks ago, just been sidetracked!
I assume this is a typo, but just in case. You already did July :)

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Sorry yes August! I realized I made the mistake but was doing edits to the OP and forgot to edit the post :)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I painted four stands of epic eldar fire dragons last night while watching football, and then realized when I finished that I could have Oathed them. Oops!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Leperflesh posted:

I painted four stands of epic eldar fire dragons last night while watching football, and then realized when I finished that I could have Oathed them. Oops!

I keep doing this! I start painting something but don't oath it because I don't want the pressure of a deadline on it, and then I finish before end of month anyway :v:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

Your only option is to strip them and do it again, but properly this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

I've painted a ton of stuff in the last few days that I realize halfway through 'I should have Oathed this'...

• Locked thread