Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
Human Cocktail!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
So are we in for at least 20 minutes of Eichorst hamming it up in the best way? Cause I'm totally down for that

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

DarklyDreaming posted:

So are we in for at least 20 minutes of Eichorst hamming it up in the best way? Cause I'm totally down for that

Look at those acting chops. He plays vulnerability unexpectedly well also.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Well Nazi Vampire tongue rape is pretty gross.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Eichorst as a failed radio salesman in Weimar Germany is so appropos.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
This ep was pretty good. Eichorst hiding his terror at the gallows and acting nonchalant as he flicks a cigarette for the other SS officer watching for his reaction was the best part.

Richard Sammel and Ruda (Dutch) have got to get some kind of award out of this one.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Finally got it all watched and man, this is probably the most baffling story decisions of a show I've ever seen. There are so many things that seem interesting like Master/Ancients/Quinlan but oh no we can't work the actual vampires into a vampire show because we have to focus on the important polyamorous relationship drama, an absentee dad and an old fucker in love with a woman named Coco. I cannot keep a straight face anytime someone says that name. It's impossible.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
She pronounces it Coo-Coo. As in, for Cocoa Puffs.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
While watching the recent episodes I occasionally caught myself thinking the word "quinlan". Anybody knows what it could mean? I think it has something to do with the show but can't remember.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

steinrokkan posted:

While watching the recent episodes I occasionally caught myself thinking the word "quinlan". Anybody knows what it could mean? I think it has something to do with the show but can't remember.

Nah, that's probably from a different, better show.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Name of the hybrid.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

devoir posted:

Name of the hybrid.

Someone must have separated your head from your shoulders for the ease at which that sailed over

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Paladinus posted:

Nah, that's probably from a different, better show.

Poppycock. This is the greatest show in the history of the medium.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

I'm going back and reading all the in jokes of the thread and

Andrew_1985 posted:

Setrakian - Jewish carpenter tortured in a Nazi concentration camp by Eichorst. His brother was killed by the master. After he escaped, he got a wife. Unfortunately his wife was turned by The Master. He killed her, cut out her infected heart and put it in a jar. He's full of information on the vampires and trying to kill them off. He's angry, impulsive and ever so tired. Oh and he has a heart condition.

Was this ever even mentioned/shown after the second episode?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Botnit posted:

Was this ever even mentioned/shown after the second episode?

Not to defend this show's writing but he probably fixed that problem once he had a new source of vampire juices to inject into his eyes.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Someone must have separated your head from your shoulders for the ease at which that sailed over

shrug. Some people in TV IV are that dumb.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

DarklyDreaming posted:

Not to defend this show's writing but he probably fixed that problem once he had a new source of vampire juices to inject into his eyes.

That's all the way in the second season though. He operated all of season 1 after that without any mention of it. Plus if he'd been using vampire juice the whole time like he said why did he need those pills anyway?

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Botnit posted:

That's all the way in the second season though. He operated all of season 1 after that without any mention of it. Plus if he'd been using vampire juice the whole time like he said why did he need those pills anyway?

I dont think he'd seen a muncher in decades by the time the show takes place in came around.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
This show is like DragonballZ. Nobody important dies (good or bad), each fight is a placeholder for the next big fight, and you'll find out the answer to your question on the next episode of The Strain.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

This was actually a pretty good episode, but that's probably because it was all about the best character and Godwins.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darko posted:

This was actually a pretty good episode, but that's probably because it was all about the best character and Godwins.

Dutch is among the worst things about this show.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Dutch is among the worst things about this show.

Who said he was talking about Dutch? :hitler:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Astroman posted:

Who said he was talking about Dutch? :hitler:

I thought he wrote characterS and I was like "the gently caress are you smoking."

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
I thought Eichorst's back story in this episode was hilarious. "Yeah I just can't seem to find my place in the world...NAZISM! Yes! That is my destiny!"

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Eichorst flashbacks are the best. And then to offset any sympathy you might feel for him -- tentacle rape! Why was that necessary. It would have been so much more fun to have a slightly sympathetic bad guy but they just ruin it with random evil. The rest of the episode was atrociously dumb. I actually snickered when hacker girl runs from the dungeon and doesn't lock Eichorst inside and drops the apparently very effective mace/pepper spray. Also rat man and his magic vampire killing rebar. All this stuff has to be intentional.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hm... This literal nazi vampire may not be a sympathetic character after all.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Hitler was just misunderstood!

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Eichorst is the only reason I'm still watching this show and I don't want him to be sympathetic, I want it amped up to 11. I want him converting babies to nazis. Not teenage nazi vampires, actual babies. Baby vampire nazis. Then he'll eat them when they disappoint him and he looks straight at the camera and winks.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Paladinus posted:

Hm... This literal nazi vampire may not be a sympathetic character after all.

Who ran a concentration camp in WWII.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

I kept waiting and hoping beyond hope Eff was just going to whip out the rifle as a solution to their frequent 'what the gently caress do we do now' problems during this episode, ESPECIALLY at the beginning. They really need to embrace how trashy this poo poo is and go for more self aware comedy punches.

I also laughed at the Boardwalk Empire homage complete with contest and a condescending saggy-cheeked chubby boss with a too-tight necktie.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Justin Credible posted:

I also laughed at the Boardwalk Empire homage complete with contest and a condescending saggy-cheeked chubby boss with a too-tight necktie.

Oh poo poo, you're right. That's great; all that was missing was Eichorst assaulting a guy with a radio cabinet.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

I thought they might kill the hacker girl to give some weight to things. It's a shame they bitched out.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Especially since she is super lame.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Med School posted:

I thought they might kill the hacker girl to give some weight to things. It's a shame they bitched out.

I hate her more than the kid.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Botnit posted:

Eichorst is the only reason I'm still watching this show and I don't want him to be sympathetic, I want it amped up to 11.

You are poo poo out of luck. They are equally incapable of being over the top as they are of subtlety and coherence.

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

They literally turned him into a failed pineapple infused tentacle rapist in the last episode. Clearly they're capable of cranking that dial up and I for one hope it only keeps going.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Botnit posted:

They literally turned him into a failed

Failed is mediocre

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Stop knocking the show for its realism, a failed radio salesman is only ever going to turn into a failed tentacle rapist.

Whispering Machines
Dec 27, 2005

Monsters? They look like monsters to you?

Botnit posted:

They literally turned him into a failed pineapple infused tentacle rapist

New thread title right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Botnit posted:

Stop knocking the show for its realism, a failed radio salesman is only ever going to turn into a failed tentacle rapist.

No one is knocking this show for it's realism, and no one ever will.

• Locked thread