Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm starting Lewis over Miller this week. gently caress it, bring on the Bellicicanery. He looks legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm starting Lewis over Miller this week. gently caress it, bring on the Bellicicanery. He looks legit.

Quoting for posterity.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I'm flexing Dion which is about all I can stomach.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

TommyGun85 posted:

what about Jenkins if hes available, where would he fit?

ASJ isn't likely to be on the WW in most leagues (78% owned) but I like him a hair more than Ebron (but below Miller) in ppr rest of season.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
Im counting on fitz to dominate again against SF's poo poo secondary because my WR depth is looking very sad right now

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

TommyGun85 posted:

to add some context, my recievers are already Cobb and Julio and Evans will be relegated to my bench. I also consider him to be largely overrated.

anyway, i guess it was a stupid question and should have prepared myself accordingly for internet smartass backlash.

It doesn't really matter how overrated you think Mike Evans is though. He's obviously better than whoever you were going to pick up off the wire when you dropped Sankey.

And even if you're really down on him, you can try and flip him now and you should definitely be able to get someone better than Bishop Sankey.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What are the odds Ahmad Bradshaw actually gets picked up by the colts?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Forever_Peace posted:

ASJ isn't likely to be on the WW in most leagues (78% owned) but I like him a hair more than Ebron (but below Miller) in ppr rest of season.

I ask because I have Jenkins and am thinking of dropping him for Ebron. no ppr.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I mean I understand you may be down on Evans, but he's been injured. But why do you think of him as largely overrated? He finished last season as the WR12 with Glennon and Mccown throwing him the ball. This season 4 people above him are already out for a while or banged up currently, although he is too. (Dez, Jordy, Hilton, Jeffrey, and I don't see Maclin ending up in the top 10 again this season.) There's a good chance once he get's 100% and going, he can end up top 10 easily.

So take him and flip him for a RB1/2. Don't mean to sound like a douche tho.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
0-2, at least I'm on top for waivers!! :(

I'm guaranteed one of Matt Jones or Dion Lewis - who should get priority? 0.5 PPR if that matters. And I have Blount, though he hasn't been very inspiring.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I'm weighing offers to get Aaron Rodgers or Brady from the owner who has both but needs a WR. She already declined Stevie for ARodge.

What would be a deal where I still come out on top?

Stevie for Brady (win)
Evans for Brady (lose)
Evans for Rodgers (draw?)

is how I'm thinking. I need a QB and WRs are: OBJ, Stevie, Evans, and Agholor.

I'm not feeling letting go of Evans with QB waiver options available, so I'm thinking its Stevie for Brady or bust, but I just want to know if that's unreasonable.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Bobby Cox posted:

I'm guaranteed one of Matt Jones or Dion Lewis - who should get priority? 0.5 PPR if that matters. And I have Blount, though he hasn't been very inspiring.

In case you missed this on the previous page.

quote:

I need a QB and WRs are: OBJ, Stevie, Evans, and Agholor.

I would do Stevie for Brady in a vacuum, but if those are your only WRs in a league where you have to start two, I'm not sure you can afford to trade him away unless the circumstances are pretty extreme (e.g. Romo was your only QB and the best option on the WW is Teddy).

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Bobby Cox posted:

I'd target Dion Lewis right now, he may be at the mercy of BB, but he has fumbled in back to back weeks but hasn't been benched yet, so lol. He's also producing on a weekly basis right now and the Patriots love to use those pass catching RB's. Also since you have Blount, I can't see anyone besides those 2 playing heavy snaps.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

kiimo posted:

Some idiot just dropped DeSean Jackson so I swooped him up.

Look I get that he's constantly disappointing but man, I'd rather stash him on my bench than Zenner. Easily.

I dropped him in a league... For Jordan Mathews :smug:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Guy's it happened, someone in my league made a retarded move, too bad i didn't have #1 waiver. :argh:

Someone dropped Dez Bryant for Travis Benjamin, meanwhile he has 2 QB's and 2 Defenses rostered.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

Guy's it happened, someone in my league made a retarded move, too bad i didn't have #1 waiver. :argh:

Someone dropped Dez Bryant for Travis Benjamin, meanwhile he has 2 QB's and 2 Defenses rostered.

Travis Benjamin will score more fantasy points than Dez this year. Good move IMO.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

Travis Benjamin will score more fantasy points than Dez this year. Good move IMO.

Not when you have 2 QB's and 2 Defenses to drop instead of Dez.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Dez is not going to be fantasy relevant this year and he's not worth blowing #1 waiver priority imo

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

I would do Stevie for Brady in a vacuum, but if those are your only WRs in a league where you have to start two, I'm not sure you can afford to trade him away unless the circumstances are pretty extreme (e.g. Romo was your only QB and the best option on the WW is Teddy).

Thanks. We start two and I also have Royal but I'm going to drop him for another WR on waivers. I actually have Brees and there are good temporary options available in Kaep, Tyrod, and Dalton so I'm going to stand pat.

e: the pooch is screwed. she wants Jamaal or ODB for ARodge. that was funny.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 22, 2015

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice

Forever_Peace posted:

In case you missed this on the previous page.

I did! Thank you and VietCampo!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I'm being offered Hilton + Abdullah or Woodhead for my Randall Cobb (.5 PPR). What do think of this deal?

I think it's a somewhat fair offer, but if I'm going to part with my WR1 (who I believe will finish in the top 10 this year), I would ideally like to upgrade more significantly at RB. He also has Gore and Miller as well, so I'm mulling a counter offer.

Here's my roster:
QB: Roethlisberger
RB: CJA, JStew, Yeldon, Spiller, CMike
WR: Cobb, Evans, ARob, MBryant, Stevie, Agholor, CJohnson
TE: Olsen

Here's his roster:
QB: Brady
RB: Gore, Miller, Abdullah, Woodhead, Mason
WR: Hilton, Marshall, Maclin, Boldin, Quick
TE: Reed, Walker

Any counter offers you like? I have plenty of WR depth to move.

Cobb for Gore or Miller + Marshall?
ARob for Abdullah?

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 22, 2015

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

VietCampo posted:

Not when you have 2 QB's and 2 Defenses to drop instead of Dez.

Defense wins championships, and in the National Football League you need a quarterback.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
You're only as good as your backup QB, or your backup for any other position. That is why they play the games.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mingus Dew posted:

That said, I WAS dumb enough to start the Titans D.

:smugjones::hf::shepicide:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Hey guys, last week I ended up picking up Cole Beasley in Free Agency and flipping him to a WR needy team for Matt Ryan (owner already had Brady/Kap). Now I have Matthew Stafford on my bench and just got 3 trade offers for him. Two of the offers are pretty bad (straight up for either Terrance West or Eddie Royal). The latest offer is Dion Lewis.

Now I know Belichik and RB's but my RB's are looking pretty weak right now with Miller/Ingram. I have Gurley on my bench but it is anyone's guess when he starts taking over touches. I do not need WR's unless it's a WR1 since I have AB, Tate, Stevie, Adams, Boldin.

Is this a good trade? The guy offering Lewis also has Latavius Murray, who I would be more interested in. I would probably need to package someone else up with Stafford to get Murray, right?

Antrodemus
Mar 8, 2002
Managed to win this week with maybe the worst fantasy team ever assembled. Here's what I put out there in a 12-person non-PPR:

QB Romo (dead)
WR Hilton (dead)
WR James Jones
RB Lacy (dead)
RB Lamar Miller (awful)
FLEX DeAngelo Williams (now done)

So now I have to figure out what to do next week - I've got Rivers as a backup QB and Danny Woodhead / David Johnson to slot in at RB and FLEX. Is it even worthwhile to keep starting Miller? Are DeAngelo and Romo both droppable at this point, or should I try swinging a trade to someone forward-thinking? The league doesn't have an IR spot.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MrSargent posted:

Hey guys, last week I ended up picking up Cole Beasley in Free Agency and flipping him to a WR needy team for Matt Ryan (owner already had Brady/Kap). Now I have Matthew Stafford on my bench and just got 3 trade offers for him. Two of the offers are pretty bad (straight up for either Terrance West or Eddie Royal). The latest offer is Dion Lewis.

Now I know Belichik and RB's but my RB's are looking pretty weak right now with Miller/Ingram. I have Gurley on my bench but it is anyone's guess when he starts taking over touches. I do not need WR's unless it's a WR1 since I have AB, Tate, Stevie, Adams, Boldin.

Is this a good trade? The guy offering Lewis also has Latavius Murray, who I would be more interested in. I would probably need to package someone else up with Stafford to get Murray, right?

You have Matt Ryan, so you will never start Stafford. Of course it's a good deal :)

cmp343
Sep 9, 2011
My Brandon Marshall for his Rivers, Blount. Should I take this deal?

10 teams, standard scoring.

My team:

QB: Cam Newton, just lost Romo.

RB: Charles, Morris, Sankey, M. Jones, McFadden, A. Williams

WR: Beckham, Evans, Fitzgerald, Marshall, Watkins, V. Jackson

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Is it time to cut ties with Dez and Romo

gently caress me for believing in you, Dallas

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Antrodemus posted:

Managed to win this week with maybe the worst fantasy team ever assembled. Here's what I put out there in a 12-person non-PPR:

QB Romo (dead)
WR Hilton (dead)
WR James Jones
RB Lacy (dead)
RB Lamar Miller (awful)
FLEX DeAngelo Williams (now done)

So now I have to figure out what to do next week - I've got Rivers as a backup QB and Danny Woodhead / David Johnson to slot in at RB and FLEX. Is it even worthwhile to keep starting Miller? Are DeAngelo and Romo both droppable at this point, or should I try swinging a trade to someone forward-thinking? The league doesn't have an IR spot.

You should try to pick up every waiver option in the entire world

your season is done if you don't

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have to think Lamar Miller will bounce back. Not that I have him.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I have him so I sure hope Miller bounces back, but the problem is that it's not like he's been playing horribly, it's that the Dolphins are giving their best player like 15 touches per game, often at terrible times when the defense is clearly stacked and ready for him. It's been pretty infuriating to watch.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Yeah I'm trying to buy low on Lamar Miller right now. He may not be the guaranteed week to week option that we all hoped for pre-draft, but he should still be a solid RB2 at worst, even with the idiocy of Miami's gameplans.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
At least he isn't CJ Anderson

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Do you guys think Anderson is even worth trying to buy low? I'm a bit hesitant.

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I really hope Miller bounces back... my other option for RB2 at this point is Crowell. I do have Arian Foster waiting in the wings though. What are the chances he comes back and looks decent?

dat one portagee fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 22, 2015

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Austin Seferian-Jenkins with a strained shoulder, out 4-6 weeks.

This year has been loving brutal so far.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

VDay posted:

Austin Seferian-Jenkins with a strained shoulder, out 4-6 weeks.

This year has been loving brutal so far.

source?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Reik posted:

source?

Schefter on twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

VDay posted:

Schefter on twitter

Thanks, my buddy is having a bad fantasy year so far and I need more ammo.

• Locked thread