Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I did a multi stone pull, and got a bunch of doubles. That's really kind of irritating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Finally pulled my first SSR. Feels good.

And got Vegeta on my first Z-HARD attempt. LIFE IS GOOD

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Got Veggie on my first Hard run. Gonna farm it to level him up, then use him to farm Taopaipai.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
And I continue to be punished for not working on my TEQ team. Saiyan Elite Vegeta has SO MUCH HP on Z-Hard. My big TEQ hitters are Nappa, Krillin, and Guldo.

:negative:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Got Vegeta to drop on my first z-hard run, second run I got him again. Going to farm him to 10 I think, I just love the art of that pose on his card.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
If you have Chilled, use him as leader and keep an eye out for a Chilled partner (or even better, TEQ 17).

It doesn't matter if you're doing peanuts in damage if Vegeta's Super does less than 6000 damage (except the first one which somehow bypasses ATK reduction skills).

If you have TEQ 17 as your leader and have TEQ 17 as your partner, look forward to 10 damage from Vegeta each time! TEQ SR Chiaotzu also has a 25% ATK reduction on AGL whenever he's on the screen so another character you can use.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kelp Plankton posted:

Got Vegeta to drop on my first z-hard run, second run I got him again. Going to farm him to 10 I think, I just love the art of that pose on his card.

I'm 0/3 on Z-Hard. I got one the first time, so it's not a huge deal.

ChronoReverse posted:

If you have Chilled, use him as leader and keep an eye out for a Chilled partner (or even better, TEQ 17).

It doesn't matter if you're doing peanuts in damage if Vegeta's Super does less than 6000 damage (except the first one which somehow bypasses ATK reduction skills).

If you have TEQ 17 as your leader and have TEQ 17 as your partner, look forward to 10 damage from Vegeta each time! TEQ SR Chiaotzu also has a 25% ATK reduction on AGL whenever he's on the screen so another character you can use.

My issue is that I never awakened my Chilled. Once I do that, I feel like he'll be more relevant than just his leader ability. I added PHY SSJ Vegeta for my extra damage reduction. That Chiaotzu is good to know, though. Didn't realize he had that.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 22, 2015

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

My issue is that I never awakened my Chilled. Once I do that, I feel like he'll be more relevant than just his leader ability. I added PHY SSJ Vegeta for my extra damage reduction. That Chiaotzu is good to know, though. Didn't realize he had that.
The ability to reduce damage by 20% (40% in reality because of either a bug or a quirk in the way it works) is more critical than the benefits of awakening Chilled. Assuming you can get a partnering Chilled, even a level 1 Chilled is of greater benefit than even TEQ SSR Frieza! I don't think I can overemphasize how much easier it is to win Z-Hard fights when you're not taking 10-20k damage.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

ChronoReverse posted:

The ability to reduce damage by 20% (40% in reality because of either a bug or a quirk in the way it works) is more critical than the benefits of awakening Chilled. Assuming you can get a partnering Chilled, even a level 1 Chilled is of greater benefit than even TEQ SSR Frieza! I don't think I can overemphasize how much easier it is to win Z-Hard fights when you're not taking 10-20k damage.

Attack reduction is really key, but he needs to hit harder/resist damage better to keep the fight moving, is all.

I compiled that -ATK list a few days ago for a reason. :v:

Got a Vegeta, finally. Time to test out that TEQ Chiaotzu, even though he can't hit for poo poo at level 37. Edit: Works a treat. Had a Chilled friend and I didn't even have to heal.

Relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ONSH9UeuzE

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 22, 2015

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs

Fallorn posted:

I pulled SSR Kaioken goku to go with SSR STR SSJ goku and SSR SSJ2 Agi Goku. I have given up hoping for a SSR that is not Goku, my team will just be lots of goku doing Kamehameha.

Some people have yet to pull a SSR, so you should be happy you have any SSR.

*pulls another SR Cui*

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Yeah, even jokingly complaining about three SSR Gokus is like complaining about being given a gold brick instead of platinum.

isme
Oct 13, 2004
ZombiePugs
When you pair TEQ Android 17 as leader and friend for the Vegeta event, after the initial 7K hit from the super, you get hit only 10 for every attack thereafter, super or not, making this impossible to lose the fight.

It's can't get as easy mode as this.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

cptn_dr posted:

I did a multi stone pull, and got a bunch of doubles. That's really kind of irritating.

I just got done doing a set of single pulls instead of the 10 pull I usually opt for and got nothing but Rares. Nothing new or particularly interesting. Only SRs I've even gotten lately have been dupes of AGL 17 and Goku. Hoping I do better on the next banner.

At least Goten is super 5 now, I guess.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
So is this revenge of the Strike Event week? Jackie Chun coming after Vegeta. I've been able to get Vegeta up to Super Level 8 as of now (thanks 17 and chilled). Glad I got Chun up to 10 already. Now just need King Cold and Mecha Frezia if we're getting repeat Strike events.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
That event Vegeta is super easy to push to Level 10 Super. Z-HARD is super easy if you have two greens (guest + leader) with ki + 3. Makes supers really easy to drop.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Just need to max out Jackie Chun when he arrives. I suppose I can still work on King Cold, AGL Frieza and Chilled in the future if I'm bored.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

ChronoReverse posted:

Yeah, even jokingly complaining about three SSR Gokus is like complaining about being given a gold brick instead of platinum.

I am just waiting for SSJ3 goku and SSGSS goku and eventually SSJ4 Goku so I can have goku team.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Most people know that Z-Hard Wayward Champion is the place to grab sensu but Normal TEQ Medals is the stage to get Dende. Baba will give out Dende at a very high percentage chance and you only need to make sure you can move 7 spaces after the STOP battle to reach her.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Treasure Cruise is a total buzzkill with how stingy it is with team cost. I can't even run a full team because I evolved some people and got a 4 star in Shanks.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

Petiso posted:

The number refers to the chapter number, so you only need to do one stage of each "arc" to get those.

Awesome, thanks.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Echophonic posted:

Treasure Cruise is a total buzzkill with how stingy it is with team cost. I can't even run a full team because I evolved some people and got a 4 star in Shanks.

I hear that. My free pull was Marco, and he was so costly I couldn't even put him in a crew by himself for several levels.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
It was kinda like that with Dokkan Battle early on. I pulled Teq SSJ Vegeta as one of my first pulls and couldn't field a full team with him for a really long time. Now my team cost is sky high when I really just want more stamina..

KidneyKai
Nov 6, 2010
I have just received the level 59 Kid Goku. Is it worth feeding it to my already max level, Z-Awakened Kid Goku to level up the special attack or feed it to another character?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

ChronoReverse posted:

Most people know that Z-Hard Wayward Champion is the place to grab sensu but Normal TEQ Medals is the stage to get Dende. Baba will give out Dende at a very high percentage chance and you only need to make sure you can move 7 spaces after the STOP battle to reach her.

The blue medals stage similarly is 5 spots after the STOP on the up route and gives Dendes.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

KidneyKai posted:

I have just received the level 59 Kid Goku. Is it worth feeding it to my already max level, Z-Awakened Kid Goku to level up the special attack or feed it to another character?

Yeah, you should always level the special attack. That goes double for characters with Kamehameha links and/or catastrophic damage on their special. Only exception is something like a second SSR Freezer, where you can Dokkan Awaken one of them once we get to the RoF story.

Is there any story mission thats worth farming for zeni? All those strike characters are destroying my savings and I don't think I have time (and stamina) to run Hercule over the weekend when I also have to farm as many Mecha Freezers as possible.

Wuxi fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 24, 2015

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Wuxi posted:

Yeah, you should always level the special attack. That goes double for characters with Kamehameha links and/or catastrophic damage on their special. Only exception is something like a second SSR Freezer, where you can Dokkan Awaken one of them once we get to the RoF story.

Is there any story mission thats worth farming for zeni? All those strike characters are destroying my savings and I don't think I have time (and stamina) to run Hercule over the weekend when I also have to farm as many Mecha Freezers as possible.

Red Ribbon Returns - Dr. Gero's Ambition.. Take the Hercule path, you'll end the map with 100k zeni minimum, plus good XP. Bring Senzus and anti-INT guys. Hercule kicks like a mule.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The game decided to balance my bad pull luck from the other day. I'm up to 9 gold awakening medals in 4 runs. No Kais yet, but it's nice to get a stock of rare medals anyway.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Echophonic posted:

The game decided to balance my bad pull luck from the other day. I'm up to 9 gold awakening medals in 4 runs. No Kais yet, but it's nice to get a stock of rare medals anyway.

My game is raining Old Kais when all I need is a loving Supreme Kai. I've gotten 5 of Old, 0 of the other.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I sure wish I had SSRs to use my three Supreme Kai's and two Old Kai's that are collecting dust.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

ChronoReverse posted:

I sure wish I had SSRs to use my three Supreme Kai's and two Old Kai's that are collecting dust.

Someday you'll be able to dokkan awaken yourself some nice SSR. I don't get everyones fascination with having as many SSRs as possible anyway. 'Uhhh, my multi summon only had 6 SRs and no SSRs, this game is crap" "Uhhhh, I only have a xeno trunks and a piccolo, I wouldn't even awaken those crap SSRs'

Yes, I rerolled for that Kaioken Goku. And I would do so again :colbert:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

There are more SR's I want than SSR's at this point.. I'd give away my Xeno Trunks a natural SR Jeice, the R>SR on my Ginyu Force is irritating me..

I finally got the SR Yamcha I wanted. There's a couple SR's for some characters, and one is clearly superior to the other. Ginyu, Gero, Krillin, and Yamcha jump to mind. I'm not sure what to do with the "inferior" one in these cases. I've just been stacking them, but the Yamcha and Krillin are both Z-Awakened. Seems like a waste but they're not in any groups, nor will they be as long as their stronger counterparts exist.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Looks like the Whis and Beerus banner is up. Hopefully I can snag at least Beerus. Did get SR TEQ 17 from a 10 pull, though. So that's pretty good.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Guys.. I don't even.. I'm so sorry I keep doing this. I'd share my luck if I could.

The resolution on his card kinda blows..

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
New Leaf! :ssj::argh:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

If it makes you feel any better, I really need a SR Jeice and I really wanted SSJ Trunks and never got him. :unsmith:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Do you get more exp for a character by training them with two awakened rares, or by combining those two rares first and then using that with the character you want to train?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New Leaf posted:

If it makes you feel any better, I really need a SR Jeice and I really wanted SSJ Trunks and never got him. :unsmith:

You can't have your SR Jeice because the RNG keeps giving all of them to me.

(I already had one)

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Do you get more exp for a character by training them with two awakened rares, or by combining those two rares first and then using that with the character you want to train?

I *think* once they're awakened it's better to use more of them instead of combining them, keep in mind training items and stages give bonus exp per character used.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
5 pulls, nothing but Rs. Oh well, hopefully I can get my mech freiza to 10 instead.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Hmm, luckily my Mecha Frieza is already SA10 but I've played Z-Hard Mecha Frieza six times so far without any luck.

It's slightly daunting when you have to fight Cold and Frieza at the same time but so far I've been able to avoid using items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I think I'll save my dragonstones until we get the SSJGSSJ event, as tempting as it is to try and snatch up Beerus and Whis.