Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
It never is. But it could be.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I thought it was funny that the giant spider's naturally-evolved angler fish lure is a titty torso.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

moths posted:

I thought it was funny that the giant spider's naturally-evolved angler fish lure is a titty torso.

No the spider jams a hand into people and puppets the corpse around as a lure. I mean that's a bit :stare: but "Weird hand-spider" is a cool surreal horror thing. Just we had to have tits because of course.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

spectralent posted:

No the spider jams a hand into people and puppets the corpse around as a lure. I mean that's a bit :stare: but "Weird hand-spider" is a cool surreal horror thing. Just we had to have tits because of course.

Titty lure aside, that thing is a very creative and well executed model, too bad its probably gonna snap in a million places at the first sign on trauma, plastic or not. It just doesn't look very practical as a gaming piece.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Yeah, that too. For a monster reference though it's great. Honestly KD's monsters are 90% great and 10% bizzare fetishes which probably put you on a register somewhere.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I wish thag people would look at actual spiders before drawing or modelljng them. Spoders are cool as gently caress but no one seems to want to actually know what they look like.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

spectralent posted:

You, uh, didn't check out the part where it jams a tentacle in the cranium to release brain control spiders, did you?

spectralent posted:

Yeah, that too. For a monster reference though it's great. Honestly KD's monsters are 90% great and 10% bizzare fetishes which probably put you on a register somewhere.

I'd say only the humanoid knights avoid fetish territory real good. The other monsters are all faces dicks tits.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

spectralent posted:

I'm just having a good time picturing what other things you could convert it to hold as a lure.

Anime body pillow

Fleshlight

A flatscreen that's got a browser open to the KD website on it

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

I'm just having a good time picturing what other things you could convert it to hold as a lure.

Anime body pillow

Fleshlight

A flatscreen that's got a browser open to the KD website on it

Cheetos and mountain dew

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A smaller version of itself.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Improbable Lobster posted:

I wish thag people would look at actual spiders before drawing or modelljng them. Spoders are cool as gently caress but no one seems to want to actually know what they look like.

are you saying spiders don't all have hands or what nonsense are you on here

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

JcDent posted:

You, uh, didn't check out the part where it jams a tentacle in the cranium to release brain control spiders, did you?

Oh, is that a seperate thing? I just assumed it was the same thing. This game is weird.

quote:

I'd say only the humanoid knights avoid fetish territory real good. The other monsters are all faces dicks tits.

There's also the weird deer thing and the hand-man thing. But I more meant most monsters are like 90% a weird cool thing and 10% dicks. Except that one that's just a vagina.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

spectralent posted:

Damnit, I like the giant hand-spider, why's it got to be waving a naked woman around? :(

I didn't notice the naked quad-amputee until you pointed it out. :(

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Green Intern posted:

I didn't notice the naked quad-amputee until you pointed it out. :(
No, don't you get it? The naked quad-amputee is the best lure for the voraciously lusty human male; all the "important" parts are there, but she can't get away.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Ilor posted:

No, don't you get it? The naked quad-amputee is the best lure for the voraciously lusty human male; all the "important" parts are there, but she can't get away.

oh christ I didn't think of it like that :barf:

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I get confused when amputees float nude in midair. It makes me distrust them.

I guess I'm an insensitive person.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

I get confused when amputees float nude in midair. It makes me distrust them.
I bet you're also the kind of person who doesn't approach the shabby, windowless Econoline van with "FREE CANDY" hastily spray-painted on the side too, aren't you? That's OK, more candy for me.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ilor posted:

I bet you're also the kind of person who doesn't approach the shabby, windowless Econoline van with "FREE CANDY" hastily spray-painted on the side too, aren't you? That's OK, more candy for me.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 23, 2015

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:mrgw:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

AAAAAAGH

Hams has come a long, long way since the 90s.

Still AAAAAAGH though

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

I don't think you can do any other face with that model tbqh

JcDent
May 13, 2013

spectralent posted:

I don't think you can do any other face with that model tbqh

Yeah, it came up in /tg/'s worst GW mini thread, but was overshadowred by Taurox and how it's totally cool you guys with some conversion

One guy said that converters are hubrisome shitheads who ignore the lore and artist intent behind the model/lovely brick tracks/autocannons that overlook side doors/exhaust routed through passenger compartment.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

JcDent posted:

Yeah, it came up in /tg/'s worst GW mini thread, but was overshadowred by Taurox and how it's totally cool you guys with some conversion

One guy said that converters are hubrisome shitheads who ignore the lore and artist intent behind the model/lovely brick tracks/autocannons that overlook side doors/exhaust routed through passenger compartment.

Link? :allears:

Also year the Taurox is pretty lovely even with conversion. A lot of GW stuff is though, their models aren't actually that great on average.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Link and Imgur for those who don't go to places like 4chan:

What I learned from the thread is that there's basically a cottage industry of people catering to those with enough sense to want to convert Tauroxes (but not enough sense not to buy them).

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

JcDent posted:

What I learned from the thread is that there's basically a cottage industry of people catering to those with enough sense to want to convert Tauroxes (but not enough sense not to buy them).

Take it to the next level and buy a whole not-Taurox kit from a cottage industry.

http://puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=366

Taste and all that, but for my money it looks better, comes with multiple options, and manages to cost 1/3 less to boot! :toot:

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

wanna use these guys as cheerleaders for a chaos blood bowl team

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

JcDent posted:

The Taurox is baller with the right paintscheme, it's just the ugly baby blue that GW used that sucks. Yeah, it's a brick, but I love that brick. Bricky, blocky, industrial-looking vehicles are kind of par for the course for Imperial vehicles.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
looking at that style it really does seem like something some inter-war soviet design bureau would poo poo out.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Der Waffle Mous posted:

looking at that style it really does seem like something some inter-war soviet design bureau would poo poo out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQ2lO3ieBA

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Is it just me, or are their heads disproportionately tiny?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Fancy you should mention that, comrade

The same thread:

Butts were hurt.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Ilor posted:

No, not just you. The heads would be small even if they weren't helmets. Given that the helmets have heads inside, presumably, these guys are total pinheads.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

thespaceinvader posted:

No, not just you. The heads would be small even if they weren't helmets. Given that the helmets have heads inside, presumably, these guys are total pinheads.

Obviously the helmets are the head due to reasons. Duh... :stonk:

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

Ilor posted:

They are a lot larger than normal dudes. So I guess their heads are kinda normal but their bodies are more hulked out with rage and demons or whatever. They are on 40mm bases.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Khorne should have blessed them with bigger skulls.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Given the proportions of "heroic" scale miniatures, they probably have comparatively normal sized heads. It's just only noticeable when you're using other models in the same scale for reference.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Ah, the Altered Beast-effect

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
SRM, my heart out to you for making the Taurox look decent. That said, I still can't get behind the tracks. The wheeled conversions make it look much better in my opinion.

RE: Worst 40k Model Chat
Obliterators and Possessed are way up there for me:

... and these jewel like objects too:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Nah, the flyer with landing gear on the lower turret is worse. (ed: the Stormtalon)

And the very concept of hurricane bolter is so dumb it rolls around to awesome and back to idiotic.

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 23, 2015