Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

They should just replace the M4 with the SG553 and call it a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Smol posted:

Scoped rifles is old school CS. Beta 6.1 is still the best version of CS.

the m4 used to "scope," right? Am I remembering this correctly? and by scope I mean the screen would just zoom a little

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

real dilemma posted:

the m4 used to "scope," right? Am I remembering this correctly? and by scope I mean the screen would just zoom a little

nah it was always just the silencer

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Enkmar posted:

Bullpup 4 lyfe

edit: also lol at all the people openly admitting to playing CoD and applying that experience to this

lol at you

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

Enkmar posted:

nah it was always just the silencer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8gfXhfvl-k&t=280s

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

exethan posted:

This aussie team is having a good T side for inferno. Hopefully they play fine on CT as well.

oh well

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

well color me wrong ! I thought I had played in 2000 but have no memories of this

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Enkmar posted:

none of us play cod so we dont know what the gently caress youre talking about

uh pretty sure anyone who has gotten a frag with either the aug or the sg in mm knows what I'm talking about here

Enkmar posted:

edit: also lol at all the people openly admitting to playing CoD

oh n/m you're one of those people

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
CoD players scope like this

CS players dont scope at all cause that shits for noobs

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Give me Michael Jackson models for CS:GO

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

People never called aug and sg "noob CoD guns" until they added an actual modeled scope for balancing purposes, which once again proves that the cs fanbase is a bunch of drooling morons.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I think I'm getting the hang of the A4 after this patch. Lately my CT side is to be relatively aggressive and hold multiple different angles, so it has really helped in those low-midrange fights. But when it comes to long range I know I'm at a severe disadvantage, so I just need to play smarter.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
Is there a command to keep the stupid red dot on the aug in the center of the screen instead of jumping up all over the place? Looked like in that one video it functioned like that.

Garfu fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 22, 2015

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Yeah I can help you out, when you have the AUG equipped in your hands press G(shift+alt+f9 for Fetal Dave config users). Happy fragging!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Garfu posted:

Is there a command to keep the stupid red dot in on the aug in the center of the screen instead of jumping up all over the place? Looked like in that one video it functioned like that.

The video is with nospread turned on, so I guess that would have an effect on the scoped crosshair's movements

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
How are dignitas doing this good t side on Inferno? How?

Edit: Nevermind, got skadoodled.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Sep 22, 2015

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

inferno has been a t sided map today

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

If you are coordinated, Inferno can become very T-sided very quickly. A few mollies, smokes, and nades and you basically take b site.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
After this last update, any workshop map I have that lets you pick a gun by shooting its model on a display wall no longer shows most of the guns. Only the M249 and dualies show up on the wall. If I shoot the blank areas where the other guns used to be, I still get the weapon, but the model doesn't show on the wall.

Any idea how to fix this bug?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Only use the m249 and dualies? Doesn't seem like a problem to me.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

I just noticed these C9 profile pictures and can't stop laughing. I'm really liking the nade work in mid.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Where do you guys find streams of those pro games? I feel like I stumbled into TRP Premiership thread :(.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ZypherIM posted:

I just noticed these C9 profile pictures and can't stop laughing. I'm really liking the nade work in mid.
Yeah. I love shroud's.

Tevery Best posted:

Where do you guys find streams of those pro games? I feel like I stumbled into TRP Premiership thread :(.
They're usually on Twitch.tv or mlg.tv. The current tournament is going on here.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Hltv.org for all pro news/matches/results

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
This new(?) PBP caster is doing a pretty good job

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
N0thing bringing out the taser.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Holy jesus the Zeus.

e: Hahahha goddamit n0thing I love you.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
c9 has an astonishing number of taser kills for a LAN qualifer to a major (at least 4 so far that I've seen)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I love $100 taser.

:laffo: he didn't quite get that one.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Yea these analyst desk guys are salty about the zeus. I'd expect to see valve increase the price to 200$ like nothing said so that you can't do armor+zeus. However, they're awesome when they work, and they're really only working because of how people are playing against it. It isn't drastically different from buying a p250 and sitting at that range and getting a 1-click on a head, but at least for now it has to have a mind game effect when it happens.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

What? The Zeus is massively different to the pistols. Not having to aim to the head to get a 1HK completely skews the risk-reward ratio, especially when playing as a CT when you can just sit around a corner and get pretty much a guaranteed kill.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Smol posted:

What? The Zeus is massively different to the pistols. Not having to aim to the head to get a 1HK completely skews the risk-reward ratio, especially when playing as a CT when you can just sit around a corner and get pretty much a guaranteed kill.

Except if you miss that shot there's no follow up. You're dead. P250 you just keep clicking.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Except if you miss that shot there's no follow up. You're dead. P250 you just keep clicking.

Solution: don't miss

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
f0rest aced fnatic :stare:

Their only round win... but what a round it was!

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Sep 22, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

f0rest aced fnatic :stare:

Their only round win... but what a round it was!
I wonder if NiP is finally back to form. Just checked the score, never mind.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
NiP with 3 AWPs and an auto hahaha

Get Right manages to get to A site with all 5 CTs alive.

This game is nutty as hell.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Sep 22, 2015

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

symbolic posted:

They're usually on Twitch.tv or mlg.tv. The current tournament is going on here.

Thanks, man!

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Yeah professional players will often miss body shots at point blank range.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Smol posted:

Yeah professional players will often miss body shots at point blank range.

Olofmeister and Get Right missed them by misjudging distance. N0thiing missed one while standing over t side mid on Cache. Tasers are fun but you won't usually see a pro team break them out unless they're super far ahead or if it's an eco. Considering I'm nowhere near half as good as these guys it will probably never change a round in our favor or anything.

Meanwhile you won't see them miss a p250 shot point blank to the head. And if you're using a p250 and a second person comes around the corner after the tase, you can click that guy's head too. High risk, high reward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
you can't balance a $100 1 hit kill

e: through armour

e2: bodyshot

• Locked thread