Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

BonHair posted:

Judging from just that one comic: Subversion of expectation and social faux-pas are ways to create humor.

Hogge Wild posted:

most people who read webcomics are glue huffing retards

goons.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I was asking the same question a bit back, but here you go:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

yes, all the cool non-goony people read lots of webcomics

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Karate Bastard posted:

I was asking the same question a bit back, but here you go:

I laugh at "ain't no one fucks with tiny hippo" every time. Same with this:

They're just dumb harmless comics on the internet.

Push El Burrito has a new favorite as of 21:48 on Sep 22, 2015

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah that's the stuff.

What's that one comic where this guy opens a present and is like oh no spiders???? Is that poorly as well?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

the first panel of this is funny but every panel after that is extremely bad

Radio Help
Mar 22, 2007

ChipChip? 

Snapchat A Titty posted:

I see you have just discovered cutbu.

naw I've known about it for a long time, there just seems to be a ton of his comics that I haven't seen yet. last time I looked there wasn't a centralized place for cutbu comics

a nigga who smoke posted:

I'm not going to resort to hyperbole and say that I'd rather binge read the entire (insert terrible webcomic) catalog, but Jesus loving Christ, can a more intelligent person please explain the popularity behind poorlydrawnlines?

it's monkeycheese for grown-ups.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I laugh at "ain't no one fucks with tiny hippo" every time.

Why do you find that specific line funny?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The unexpected juxtaposition of crude language with a small animal produces feelings of surprise. Our primitive human brains register this as a humorous incongruity. Fortunately like all humor it is easily codified and therefore we must spend another ten thousand pages talking about how things aren't funny or are the wrong kind of funny instead of posting funny comics and just dealing with the fact that maybe something is funny to someone else but not to you.

Here is a comic about a clown being arrested. The humor lies in the fact that he is not arrested for dressing like an infamous serial killer but rather for dressing like a normal entertainmer. This is humorous because the expected result would be the opposite but general popularity in mass media has made the serial killer more acceptable to emulate than the entertainer. This is an illogical result and thus can provide feelings of humor and amusement when the inconsistency is recognized.

ImpAtom has a new favorite as of 05:03 on Sep 23, 2015

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

ImpAtom posted:

The unexpected juxtaposition of crude language

See I think the whole rest of your paragraph hinges on this exact bit. Which is also where the heart of my question was. You say it's crude language? What makes it crude? When is language like this used normally? Can you give me some other examples of crude language? What kind of people, in your mind, use language like this? Why is it that language like this produces such surprise in you when it's juxtaposed with a small animal? Once again, if the humor revolves around surprise at an "unusual" situation, what's the normal situation for crude language like this?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Butt? Cuck? Intercourse? Erogenous zones? Tinny? Gone?

Does any of that do the trick for you?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

cheerfullydrab posted:

See I think the whole rest of your paragraph hinges on this exact bit. Which is also where the heart of my question was. You say it's crude language? What makes it crude? When is language like this used normally? Can you give me some other examples of crude language? What kind of people, in your mind, use language like this? Why is it that language is even necessary to communicaaa aa aaa? Whaaaa aa aaaaaa aaaaa aaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I'm sorry about your autism

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
I'm pretty sure he's saying that it's language associated with black people, but instead of actually saying such and making whatever point he has in mind he's trying to imitate Socrates.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
pissss

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Me I'm just kinda awed at the dude's trolling powers. Cause y'all know loving full well there ain't no one fucks with tiny hippo. Forreal.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
My sides.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
It's okay, I got this

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

You know what, that was not a funny comic but I am still glad you posted it.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Goons are like that one guy at every party that kills the fun by trying to start a political debate.

Shut up and let me play beer pong.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I like fart jokes too. I like lots of things. They make me laugh and I'm a generally happy guy. Life is cool as hell.

Here's this I also laughed at

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I like fart jokes too. I like lots of things. They make me laugh and I'm a generally happy guy. Life is cool as hell.

Here's this I also laughed at

Actually, the pigs were molested by David Cameron.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Not unless you ask them to kill one.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I enjoy a stupid joke as much as the next person, but poorly drawn lines is some straight up garbage.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I like this one

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Seaniqua posted:

I like this one

Credit where credit's due, that one definitely doesn't hinge on the type of humor of the one I was word vomiting about.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I posted this in another thread and am x-posting here because I thought it was neat.

Got my brother Alex a Nedroid book with a sketch from the author, and he really went above expectations.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Captain Lavender posted:

I posted this in another thread and am x-posting here because I thought it was neat.

Got my brother Alex a Nedroid book with a sketch from the author, and he really went above expectations.

I know a guy named Alex who loves Nedroid and I want to show him this funny coincidence/awesome pic but I don't want to risk spoiling the surprise in case you're brothers.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Fumaofthelake posted:

I know a guy named Alex who loves Nedroid and I want to show him this funny coincidence/awesome pic but I don't want to risk spoiling the surprise in case you're brothers.

Think you're probably safe.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Captain Lavender posted:

Does he carry a compass around everywhere or what

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Does he carry a compass around everywhere or what

I was wondering why he would be using one of these

to draw circles, cause any round object could be used.

Then I realized I'm an idiot.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

drat, that it awesome. What a cool guy.

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

It's already like, double funded, but if you're interested in picking up a signed Steve Lichman hardcover, the Kickstarter went live today:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/stevelichman/steve-lichman-volume-1

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Grraarrgghh posted:

It's already like, double funded, but if you're interested in picking up a signed Steve Lichman hardcover, the Kickstarter went live today:

I wouldn't. I think his comics suck poo poo to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Grraarrgghh posted:

I keep seeing people posting these and I don't think I've ever managed to read one to the end because every single one of them is just :words: .

• Locked thread