Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Aw, the mule isn't going to actually be a mule. :smith: They're just unskilled labor that can carry three items.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Surely you can use a mule as proxy?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

krushgroove posted:

Where is this new Nickstarter everyone is talking about? A quick Google didn't bring up anything current.

It's not up yet but there's a WIP preview available at http://nstarmagazine.com/FROSTGRAVE_LICH_LORD.htm

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Ah, right, cool! I foresee a disturbance in my budget.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Cross-posting from the terrain thread - some FG terrain building that I got up to at the weekend...

ineptmule posted:

Spent a good chunk of the weekend making Mordheim/Frostgrave terrain. So far just a house and a couple of small pieces of scatter terrain.

Basic shape design; starting the timber-frame detailing.

Starting on the roof frame. Getting that central cross beam to stay still for gluing was a pain!

Adding more timber-frame details to the 'North' aspect. I felt it was looking a little sparse. Pictures of historical houses have timbers all over the place but it's hard to do at this scale.

While waiting for some glue to dry on the roof frame I used some offcuts to build small wall-piece scatter terrain.

One side finished! I think the tiling looks pretty good.

Almost complete now. I want to build a crumbling stone exterior chimney breast on the exterior of the 'South' wall, and some kind of little fenced enclosure at the back, but those will have to wait. I need to think about how I'm going to texture the walls - there's a kind of stippled effect that I want to replicate the lime-washed walls of older buildings, as well as thinking about how to get some hint of floorboard texture on the upper level, and some kind of flooring texture on the ground floor. Anyone got any suggestions for those bits?

But it's ready to play on and that's what matters for now!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
whats the black stuff made of?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Moola posted:

whats the black stuff made of?

Foamcore

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Yeah it's sexy black foam core. Probably more expensive but I saw a guide that said it was preferable for use as if it gets chipped or damaged in use then it's less obvious than glaring white foam showing up in the holes.

Also I really like drawing white on black for some reason, so my guide lines are really satisfying.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Painted up an old GW ghoul to use as a thief. I have a Vampire Counts army for the late WFB, so I'm going to run an undead warband.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Been thinking of making a Skaven warband to go with my classic pointy black hat witch warband. Olga and her pack mule apprentice Mudge are fun but running around as a horrible little rat man wizard is always a blast

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

You guys have started to finish painting warbands, and I'd like to put a forums gallery into the OP. If you want in, just post a single group photo with WARBAND COMPLETE and I'll edit it in there!

e: I'll link it to your post if you want to put up a more detailed mini-gallery, close-ups, wizard profiles, etc.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Where are people getting info on the new figure types in Thaw? I see references to a Bard and a Mule that carries items, but can't find a preview anywhere.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
NICKSTARTER - I'll have it all here on the 25th (Friday) http://thedicebaglady.net/frostgrave bookmark and come on over. It'll be linked from there, my Frostgrave home. You can add anything else with the order but it'll all ship together (November). It's basically a pre order system but you get extra stuffs (and save money I think too, I missed the first one)
--

Here's the Ristul's things that are en route, they're all up for pre order so you can stake a claim (and I can scoop some much needed funds after a load of painful restocks!). You can also reserve for some Derby Worlds and pay on the day or beforehand (no preference), just let me know sooner rather than later. Also en route are more of the treasure as it sold out so quickly.

http://thedicebaglady.net/frostgrave-accessories-terrain/

The quality of this guys sculpting and casting is absolutely lovely. The candles placed on some grey/blue terrain with a warm orange glow effect plainted on would look stunning!

AND MORE, GO ON THE ACCESSORIES PAGE! Just didn't want to image spam too heavy.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I never knew that I needed a 28mm basket of pumpkins. Until now!

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

If they ever do a scenario where you have to defend/assault a wizard's stronghold, or involving the open air market that implicitly exists around the city, that stuff is gonna be cash money.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Miltank posted:

Im thinking of making an ancient greek themed warband with an oracle as a wizard (Soothsayer) and hoplites for knights. Any good ideas for miniatures?

http://www.victrixlimited.com/collections/greek-ancients
http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/ancients/world-greeks
http://store.warlordgames.com/collections/greeks

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

A lot of those models really hang dong.

I approve.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Otisburg posted:

A lot of those models really hang dong.

I approve.

http://store.warlordgames.com/collections/ancient-britons/products/ancient-celts-fanatic-pack
:black101: :dong:

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Do they have a Hebrew conversion kit?

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
I have been assembling some models I got in Mierce Miniatures' Darklands kickstarter, their Fomoraic faction, which is basically Warhammer's Chaos Warriors but less over-the-top. Never had any opportunity to game with them or anything yet, but I was looking at Frostgrave and thinking how they could work for it.

Two models are supposed to be sorcerers, I have converted in some 40k dark eldar bits for their goofy wands but I think they could be usable as sorcerer/apprentices for this game:

The issue I have is that all these models are obviously heavily armoured, which I get isn't ideal as it's confined to the elite soldiers which you can't stick to for a whole force, and they include lots of stuff like mounted models and standards which aren't as fitting for the game's setting. Still very cool and highly-detailed models though.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Otisburg posted:

If they ever do a scenario where you have to defend/assault a wizard's stronghold, or involving the open air market that implicitly exists around the city, that stuff is gonna be cash money.

Given everything else in the city I'd expect a market to have some pretty hosed up and dangerous produce in it.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
I figured the food supplies were just good scatter, also not everyone is playing it on ice (to save rebasing etc). Selling well anyways :D

I actually found some time to play last night. Got totally trashed....though I did get most of the treasure. Got to use the "Wall" which was the most exciting bit. Well I didn't cast it, but my opponent used fog which was a good enough excuse to get it out. Have a bit of a proxy warband til I get a dedicated one sorted, using models from my display cabinet, which is slightly stressful, I don't actually want to put my grubby thumbs all over Paul Cubbin's genus paintjobs.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
http://nstarmagazine.com/FROSTGRAVE...71a9c-103017169

I had been planning on tier four, but I'm a little disappointed by the additional metal models and I may only go to tier three.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

They're only letting you buy the spell deck as part of the crazy overboard 200+ pounds sterling preorder level?

Fuuuuck that, I'll just get a bootleg one printed for 15 bucks.

Not super thrilled with most of the critter options compared to what else is out there. I'll probably just get level 3 as well. From the Dicebaglady, who is both good and cool, even for us ignorant Colonials.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Otisburg posted:

They're only letting you buy the spell deck as part of the crazy overboard 200+ pounds sterling preorder level?

Not super thrilled with most of the critter options compared to what else is out there. I'll probably just get level 3 as well. From the Dicebaglady, who is both good and cool, even for us ignorant Colonials.

I think that means Thaw of the Lich Lord, not the Lich Lord tier - don't know, though, without backing, and I won't have the cash for a few weeks.

Edit: Also it says that only they can PRE-ORDER - it'll be going on sale at retail for everyone.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

DiceBagLady, will people who order Tier 3-5 through you receive the extra Nickstarter rewards for total sales? (E.g., sprue of Soldiers, Templar, etc.)

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Otisburg posted:

I had to re-read it but it says as soon as you put in a Nickstarter order you can access that other pre-order stuff. So you could do level one and pre-order a deck.

I'm really tempted by level 4, I actually really like the new metal stuff and a box of cultists is a necessary item for me. Plus I hope they hit some of those stretch goals!

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

Otisburg posted:

Yeah. I quite like their armoured skeletons and the wraith knights but I don't think I like them £25 worth and I'm so-so on the others. Think I'm probably going to go for 3.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Archaeology Hat posted:

Yeah. I quite like their armoured skeletons and the wraith knights but I don't think I like them £25 worth and I'm so-so on the others. Think I'm probably going to go for 3.

I'm not crazy about the armored skeletons but I like the Bard and Pack Mule. I think I'll go T3 and spend the 25 GBP on cool poo poo from Dice Bag Lady like that produce, statuesque heads, treasure tokens, etc, assuming it doesn't disqualify me from the Nickstarter benchmark rewards.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Oh, hey, there is the sweet antiquity styled armored skeletons. Too bad they weren't a multi-part plastic kit like I was hoping they'd be. :smith:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Dropped in at level 3 because I was already thinking of making an undead themed Necromancer warband and this is pretty much perfect. Hope it gets enough money to unlock that soldier sprue.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

You rang!

Hello! Thanks people who've already gone via the Annie.

Anything that gets unlocked will be added to your order without you having to do anything. I have high hopes so I imagine that everything will get unlocked, it's going to go wild if we judge the previous Nickstarter.

Anything bought through me gets added to the total on the Nickstarter so will help towards the unlocking.

The one "but" - is that you can't add on the extra purchases (that require the code) through my or any other retailer, it is direct only. It's purely because it makes it confusing, and I imagine the next few months will be pretty stressful for Northstar! However the release date is November 20th (and I presume the date that the Nickstarters will arrive on my lap), and the extra items will be general release then, so I'll whack them up on the site as soon as possible, so you can just add them to your order. I'm hoping the prices and pictures will be up before then anyway so you can stake your claim before then (I can put them on my site as pre order)

I feel the cards will be the most popular. I've gone in at level 4 myself and want the cards, and am pretty chilled about the whole thing, I am confident that we should be able to get them either at the same time or super shortly afterwards. Of course if you're overseas I can make sure everything you want ships together. So you can't order them RIGHT NOW, but should be able to between the Nickstarter ending and the release date. I say "should" just so I'm not making promises I can't keep (it's obviously out of my hands!) None of the items are Nickstarter exclusive, and the add ons aren't "save money by getting them right now".

So the plus is that you can join in now with your level pledge, then decide in a bit what other things you want.

And of course get anything else from me shipped at the same time. My overseas shipping is still just £3.95.

Sorry for the ramble, hopefully that made sense. And of course the more people that order via here, the more cashes I have to get more cool things in, like that treasure!

direct link - http://thedicebaglady.net/thaw-of-the-lich-lord-nickstarter/

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Awesome! I will be giving you some money today.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Do summoned creatures that take warband slots (Animal Companion, Constructs, etc) stay in your gang between games if they survive or do I need to resummon them before every drat game? I would think so, since Raise Zombie is the only one that specifies it dies at the end of the game.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Springfield Fatts posted:

Do summoned creatures that take warband slots (Animal Companion, Constructs, etc) stay in your gang between games if they survive or do I need to resummon them before every drat game? I would think so, since Raise Zombie is the only one that specifies it dies at the end of the game.

I don't believe I've seen a clarification, but I think your interpretation is correct. IIRC, Animal Companion specifies that if it dies, you have to resummon it, and since it's an out of game spell, game-to-game persistence is the only interpretation that makes sense.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
The wizard can cast Touch-range spells on himself, right?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Not a viking posted:

The wizard can cast Touch-range spells on himself, right?

Yep.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Me and two friends got a test game in last night, and we're all hooked now. I went to buy some snow effects and a couple of pink glitter D20's with which to dazzle my opponents, and left with £35 worth of terrain.

Been putting snow on terrain pieces for a couple of hours tonight, and this is how far I came. I also ordered a Deep Cut Studio 4x4 snow mat, although it won't be here for a couple of weeks still.

This is from the test game. We ran into the problem other people have reported too, that archers are a bit OP, but we'll try the suggested solution of cramming more terrain on the table before house-ruling nerfs in. One of the other guys from the group has decided to go all out and buy both the inn and the watch tower from 4grounds, as well as several sets of houses from the Mordanburg range. That table is going to look so sweet!

I was thinking of getting some quartz crystals for cheap, and mounting them on snow bases to make them look like huge eerie ice crystals jutting out of the ground. Has anybody tried that? Something like these with a base of plasticard, and texture paint and snow effects around it.http://enchantedgal-stock.deviantart.com/art/Quartz-Crystal-Rock-Stock-64005089

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Big Boris is not your run-of-the-mill wizard. Being born in the superstitious North where children who turn out to have "the curse" are either killed or chased from their village from fear of what they will become or what they might attract, Boris had to fight for survival in the wilderness. Only when an army of undead led by an evil necromancer attacked his village, Boris came to the aid of those who exiled him. Taking the few survivors with him, Boris and his apprentice Ivan have come to Frostgrave to search for treasure and hunt the practicioners of the dark arts.

Boris is a muscle wizard, also known as bromancer (enchanter). He prefers a hands-on approach to magic and will use his magical powers to boost his warband's close combat skills and get up close and personal quickly so he can carve his opponents with his great axe Frostbite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Throbbing blob posted:

Me and two friends got a test game in last night, and we're all hooked now. I went to buy some snow effects and a couple of pink glitter D20's with which to dazzle my opponents, and left with £35 worth of terrain.

Been putting snow on terrain pieces for a couple of hours tonight, and this is how far I came. I also ordered a Deep Cut Studio 4x4 snow mat, although it won't be here for a couple of weeks still.

This is from the test game. We ran into the problem other people have reported too, that archers are a bit OP, but we'll try the suggested solution of cramming more terrain on the table before house-ruling nerfs in. One of the other guys from the group has decided to go all out and buy both the inn and the watch tower from 4grounds, as well as several sets of houses from the Mordanburg range. That table is going to look so sweet!

I was thinking of getting some quartz crystals for cheap, and mounting them on snow bases to make them look like huge eerie ice crystals jutting out of the ground. Has anybody tried that? Something like these with a base of plasticard, and texture paint and snow effects around it.http://enchantedgal-stock.deviantart.com/art/Quartz-Crystal-Rock-Stock-64005089

What is the make of the terrain?