Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MrSargent posted:

Do not do this trade. You lose your best player, as you said, and get TY Hilton who hasn't looked great on a questionable Colts offense and Abdullah who is going to be hit/miss each week unless he establishes himself as the every down back.

Right on. Thanks for the gut check - always have a harder time evaluating my own trades/players.

Quarterroys fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Ok, my 0.5 PPR team isn't doing so hot right now. Please advise.

QB: Brees, Bradford
RB: Lacy, Hyde, Blount, Spiller, Woodhead
WR: Dez, Green, VJax, Moncrief, Stevie
TE: Olsen, ASJ
A kicker and a defense

The Russel Wilson owner in my league wants to roll with Palmer and Mariota. He told me to make him an offer with a RB.

Obviously I'm dropping ASJ for a waiver flier, but I haven't had a chance to look at who's promising this week. I have so many guys hurt I don't know where to start.

E: Dion Lewis, and the brothers Duke, David, and Chris Johnson are all on waivers. I have the #3 pick.

Doppelganger fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 22, 2015

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Hey guys I would just like to remind everyone that it's Week 3 and most of us probably don't know what we actually have yet. I've seen a lot of people panicking about some decent teams in here.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I'm looking to drop Alfred Blue for a different backup RB with more upside in a full PPR league. I'm going to put bids in on Hillman and Taliaferro, in that order. What are appropriate bids out of a $100 starting budget? I could also try to snag both of them and drop Devin Funchess, but I feel like I should sit on him for a few more weeks in case Carolina gives him more run once he's acclimated.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In the last two weeks I've received three trade offers for Hillman, just saying. If CJ's toe causes him to lose the starting job Hillman is a great buy. I'd probably give up like 25 bucks for him out of a 100.

But I always overspend. You have to in my auction system (1000 bucks).

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
I have waiver 1 in a fairly vanilla league and I need RB help bad but I could also use an upgrade at WR. Available this week are James Starks, Matt Jones, and Travis Benjamin. Who should I move for?

Current squad:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd say Matt Jones but I'm not the expert. Your wide receivers are better than your running backs.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What's the story with Trav Benjamin? Yahoo keeps saying he's a fluke and not to add him, but he's being picked up by a bunch of people and he twice has sizeable numbers.

jvandreel
Aug 4, 2015
Is this a good trade? I get Melvin Gordon. They get Brandon Marshall. My WR: Julio, Smith Sr., Stevie Johnson, Marshall, and Wallace. My RB: J Hill, L Murray, J Bell, and McFadden. I wanna up my RB situation, but I hate Wisconsin running backs (I'm a sconny myself) and Marshall has looked really good this season.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Johnny chuck it deep, dog.

Too bad you can't rely on that and also Johnny is getting replaced when McCown comes back.

Browns.

I put a bid in on him

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Hey, I am 0-2 and already looking to next year, mostly because my team sucks, but you only get 2 keepers, Luck is a given, or is he, maybe I can trade off everyone in a couple more weeks to get 2 stud, cheap keepers.

fe; Johnny Freaking Legend getting replaced is far from a given.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Michael Corleone posted:

Hey, I am 0-2 and already looking to next year, mostly because my team sucks, but you only get 2 keepers, Luck is a given, or is he, maybe I can trade off everyone in a couple more weeks to get 2 stud, cheap keepers.

fe; Johnny Freaking Legend getting replaced is far from a given.

If by far from a given you mean has a subpar game, then yea. :browns:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Kingtheninja posted:

What's the story with Trav Benjamin? Yahoo keeps saying he's a fluke and not to add him, but he's being picked up by a bunch of people and he twice has sizeable numbers.

Well he has like 200 yards and 3 TDs on 6 catches, so the chances of him maintaining that kind of ratio/production is literally zero. The question is do you think he'll be viable as a starter when he does come down. For my money I think he's a fluke too, but there have certainly been decent fantasy receivers before that made a living doing nothing but catching one or two 50-yard bombs per game.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'd consider Travis Benjamin if the league has return yardage points, but if not, i probably couldn't see myself picking him up.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
.5 PPR

I am 0-2 and so have #1 Waiver priority, here is my team:

QB: Tony Romo, Joe Flacco
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, TJ Yeldon, Arian Foster
WR: Dez Bryant, Mike Evans, Stevie Johnson, Steve Smith, Sammy Watkins, Cole Beasley
TE: Travis Kelce, Austin Seferian-Jenkins

ASJ and Romo are getting dropped. I don't want to drop Dez without getting some value for him.

A lot of the typical WW folks are floating in my league; Matt Jones, Travis Benjamin, Donte Montcrief, Dion Lewis, Devonta Freeman, Michael Crabtree, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Lance Dunbar. Other people as well, not gonna list them all.

Who is the best to use my priority on? Waiver priority resets inverse of standings every week.

I'd also like to get off the Watkins train. I believe he can put up points, but he's gonna be another Torrey Smith, with 0's and 20's every other week. Evans is probably going to do that as well, but I can stomach that since I'm a Tampa Bay fan.

What's an equivalent tier RB that I could try to trade for?

E: Bolded the actual questions in my post

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Epi Lepi posted:

.5 PPR

I am 0-2 and so have #1 Waiver priority, here is my team:

QB: Tony Romo, Joe Flacco
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, TJ Yeldon, Arian Foster
WR: Dez Bryant, Mike Evans, Stevie Johnson, Steve Smith, Sammy Watkins, Cole Beasley
TE: Travis Kelce, Austin Seferian-Jenkins

ASJ and Romo are getting dropped. I don't want to drop Dez without getting some value for him.

A lot of the typical WW folks are floating in my league; Matt Jones, Travis Benjamin, Donte Montcrief, Dion Lewis, Devonta Freeman, Michael Crabtree, Lorenzo Taliaferro, Lance Dunbar. Other people as well, not gonna list them all.

Who is the best to use my priority on? Waiver priority resets inverse of standings every week.

I'd also like to get off the Watkins train. I believe he can put up points, but he's gonna be another Torrey Smith, with 0's and 20's every other week. Evans is probably going to do that as well, but I can stomach that since I'm a Tampa Bay fan.

What's an equivalent tier RB that I could try to trade for?

E: Bolded the actual questions in my post

For Waiver Priority, I would probably go with Moncrief > Crabtree > Matt Jones. Moncrief was the only bright spot on an otherwise poo poo Colts offense and had some excellent catches. I see him being the clear WR2 and not so far behind Hilton. Crabtree has looked pretty solid in the first two games and has good chemistry with Carr. His first game numbers don't look good because Carr went out but I see him getting a TON of targets opposite Amari this year.

It's going to be real hard to sell Dez at this point and get much value. Also, I would be less than thrilled starting Joe Flacco in nearly any format.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 22, 2015

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

MrSargent posted:

For Waiver Priority, I would probably go with Moncrief > Crabtree > Matt Jones. Moncrief was the only bright spot on an otherwise poo poo Colts offense and had some excellent catches. I see him being the clear WR2 and not so far behind Hilton. Crabtree has looked pretty solid in the first two games and has good chemistry with Carr. His first game numbers don't look good because Carr went out but I see him getting a TON of targets opposite Amari this year.

It's going to be real hard to sell Dez at this point and get much value. Also, I would be less than thrilled starting Joe Flacco in nearly any format.

Most of my league rostered backup QBs which is why I had Flacco to begin with. The waiver QBs are Palmer, Mariota, Taylor, Dalton, Carr etc. I doubt any of them are worth burning a waiver add. If it comes to it I'll pick one up later.

Is Watkins for Lamar Miller a trade that anyone would agree to? The Miller owner has Hyde and Forte starting, and J. Stewart and McFadden on their bench. Their WRs are Hilton, Decker, Harvin, Algholor and DJAX.

Is this fairly equitable? Laughable? No one trades in my league so I've got no baseline.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Epi Lepi posted:

Most of my league rostered backup QBs which is why I had Flacco to begin with. The waiver QBs are Palmer, Mariota, Taylor, Dalton, Carr etc. I doubt any of them are worth burning a waiver add. If it comes to it I'll pick one up later.

Is Watkins for Lamar Miller a trade that anyone would agree to? The Miller owner has Hyde and Forte starting, and J. Stewart and McFadden on their bench. Their WRs are Hilton, Decker, Harvin, Algholor and DJAX.

Is this fairly equitable? Laughable? No one trades in my league so I've got no baseline.

I'm actually surprised Palmer is still there if everyone is rostering backup QB's, but he would be the one i would target out of those. Wouldn't waste a #1 waiver though.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Epi Lepi posted:

I mean its worth a shot since Miller's value is pretty low right now and Watkins just put up a serviceable game. I still have faith in Miller even though it could be misplaced. He is very talented, the coaching staff are just loving incompetent.

Also I would echo what the guy above said and add Carson Palmer absolutely, holy crap. Dude has put up great numbers so far and I can't believe he is available. You should definitely try to get him.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Used Gronk, Big Ben, and Mike Evans to get LeVeon Bell, Randall Cobb, Palmer, and Jenkins last night.

Now, Jenkins is dead. I'm having regrets.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

89 posted:

Used Gronk, Big Ben, and Mike Evans to get LeVeon Bell, Randall Cobb, Palmer, and Jenkins last night.

I don't think you should. Now if Bell shits the bed for 2 weeks in a row then maybe start to panic.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

I honestly don't know what to think of this offer. 0.5 PPR.

Give: Brandon Marshall
Get: CJ Anderson, Mike Evans

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

icking fudiot posted:

Brandon Marshall was going against 4th string corners last night. Probably not a bad time to sell him?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

icking fudiot posted:

This is a very tempting trade. Evans is not going to keep laying eggs, and Winston is probably itching to hit him deep downfield. You get CJ as a freebie.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

I probably wouldn't be comfortable taking CJA unless I also had Hillman. Mike Evans being used as a decoy is concerning as well so this is a tough one considering how well Marshall has done so far. Who are your current WR's and RB's?

Edit: There is heavy upside in this trade for sure, do you like to gamble?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

89 posted:

Bell and Cobb will probably both be top five at their positions. Gronk will obviously be the top TE and Ben may finish as a top 5 QB, but all things considered, this is most likely a lateral move, especially if you were weak at RB beforehand.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Andy is Dandy!

But Kipper is quicker.

So sorry

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

MrSargent posted:

I probably wouldn't be comfortable taking CJA unless I also had Hillman. Mike Evans being used as a decoy is concerning as well so this is a tough one considering how well Marshall has done so far. Who are your current WR's and RB's?

Edit: There is heavy upside in this trade for sure, do you like to gamble?

I'm down for gambling but this is my work league that I'd like the bragging rights for winning again. This is our last keeper year before a reset so that's why I have a few top picks on my roster.

RBs: Forte, Hill, Gordon, Duke Johnson
WRs: OBJ, Marshall, Moncrief, Wallace, Agholor, DeVante Parker

On one hand I have the WR "depth" to absorb Evans recovery process, on the other my WR2 would become potentially sketchy if Evans has a "lost" season. CJ is so hard to evaluate right now and HIllman is taken.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I just traded Latavius Murray and Fjax for Mike Evans. My RBs are now AP, Ivory, Woodhead and Matt Jones. Evans gives me a third good wideout behind AB and Jordan Matthews.

Ppr. Good move?

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

Ty1990 posted:

I just traded Latavius Murray and Fjax for Mike Evans. My RBs are now AP, Ivory, Woodhead and Matt Jones. Evans gives me a third good wideout behind AB and Jordan Matthews.

Ppr. Good move?

I like your new lineup better than the old one depending on how many flex spots you have (AP, Ivory/Woodhead, Brown, Matthews, Evans)?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

89 posted:

You're fine. Bell = Gronk, Cobb >>> Evans, Palmer < Ben. More greater than signs going in your direction!

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

icking fudiot posted:

I'm down for gambling but this is my work league that I'd like the bragging rights for winning again. This is our last keeper year before a reset so that's why I have a few top picks on my roster.

RBs: Forte, Hill, Gordon, Duke Johnson
WRs: OBJ, Marshall, Moncrief, Wallace, Agholor, DeVante Parker

On one hand I have the WR "depth" to absorb Evans recovery process, on the other my WR2 would become potentially sketchy if Evans has a "lost" season. CJ is so hard to evaluate right now and HIllman is taken.

Yah you might be able to absorb Evans if he is a decoy for another game since you have Moncrief who looked like the only good player on Offense for the Colts. Its risky but I might take the deal just because the upside is so high.

I just accepted the trade offer of Dion Lewis for my Matt Stafford (was on my bench) and think that puts my team in better position. I realize in doing so I have also accepted the loss of my sanity each week trying to decide if he is the right play.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

icking fudiot posted:

I do this one. Marshall is definitely a little better than Evans right now, but Evans should get back into the groove and finish not too far off Marshall at worst. Taking a shot at an RB1 with Anderson is easily worth the WR swap.

Ty1990 posted:

Ppr. Good move?

Yep, looks good. Murray rarely would have started for you, so it's a good use of depth you can burn to upgrade a weaker position.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
Just got offered Andrew Luck for Dion Lewis and Percy Harvin. Am I missing something or is that just a great over-reaction mash accept (I'm going to mash accept in like 5 minutes unless I hear otherwise).

14 team PPR, Passing TDs worth 6 points

My roster
QB: Tanehill
RB: Lacy, Ingram, Vereen, Lewis, Starks, Karlos Williams
WR: Alshon, Maclin, Royal, Harvin, Nate Washington, (LaFell on IR spot)
TE: Dwayne Allen

I obviously need WR/TE help more, but this should give me either Tan to trade to e.g. Brees or Romo owner, or retrade Luck to get a good WR

e: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1W/R/T

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Luck was the scoring champion last year.

For Percy Harvin and a NE running back.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

gingerberger posted:

Just got offered Andrew Luck for Dion Lewis and Percy Harvin. Am I missing something or is that just a great over-reaction mash accept (I'm going to mash accept in like 5 minutes unless I hear otherwise).

My roster

I obviously need WR/TE help more, but this should give me either Tan to trade to e.g. Brees or Romo owner, or retrade Luck to get a good WR

Maaaash. Luck is a first round pick with 6 point passing TDs.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

gingerberger posted:

My roster

I would mash so hard.

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag
So, checked Rotoworld to make sure Luck wasn't hurt, and realized I was had checked 3 times in 5 minutes to make sure the offer wasn't rescinded, and mashed. I'm in a very pleasant state of shock right now, I thought those crazy miracle trades didn't happen in real leagues.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You raped your friend with no vaseline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I was not able to watch and analyze many of the games this weekend so I have a few questions:

-What happened to Mia DST against Jax? I thought I finally put myself in a position where I wouldn't need to burn waiver picks to stream defenses but that backfired this week. Any injuries or things to note beyond "fantasy sucks guess better next time"?

-I own Andre Johnson and just picked up Moncrief. AJ was crap again and I'm not certain if TY is making his injuries worse or how Moncrief will fit in moving forward. Good idea to bump him up to my flex spot in .5 ppr? My flex is currently a choice between Randle, Gore, Boldin, and Abdullah.

• Locked thread