Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

GraPar posted:

https://youtu.be/MOLgNlqsvLc

About 1:30 in is DJ Frodo himself talking about how great the show is.

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Elijah Wood for first celebrity guest.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Uhh YEAH Dude

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Caper posted:

This may be lame but for the wife to say, "Oh... I don't want to fly. I have anxiety issues." It really seems like an effort to nix the Vegas idea because she was planning a surprise party. I mean, it was the dudes 50th after all. If she wasn't planning anything at all then get a divorce lawyer.

Also, great ep. Elijah Wood = celeb UYD fan. Pretty cool.

I, uh, think you're thinking of a different Ask Amy

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Early show was released first, late show still hasn't. In that Ask Amy it's racist grandma

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

CortezFantastic posted:

Early show was released first, late show still hasn't. In that Ask Amy it's racist grandma

Ohhh. I was like.. am I hearing something wrong...

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Caper posted:

Ohhh. I was like.. am I hearing something wrong...

I was really disappointed in the thread's taste in Ask Amys. I'm glad to be wrong.

Also, how is it that people think they can write in anonymously with such specific scenarios. "I'm turning 50 and share a birthday with my sister and mother, and asked my BITCH of a wife to go to Vegas so I don't have to see my lovely family. Thanks Amy" Like are they counting on their entire family and extended family not reading the same newspaper as them?

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
472 was one of the few live podcasts where they did a good job mic'ing the audience. I think that really helped me enjoy the show more because the pauses actually made sense since you can hear the laughter. Also just a funny podcast aside from the NFL name game which seemed like it didn't work well without playing the guessing game portion of things.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Probably the best live ep in recent memory

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Good live episode. I'm starting a change.org petition to make uyd release the lost ep with racist, homophobic Jonathan

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Wow, Seth was amped up through the roof for that live episode.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Matey posted:

Good live episode. I'm starting a change.org petition to make uyd release the lost ep with racist, homophobic Jonathan

If you need your fix of racist, homophobic Jonathan you can just listen to the early eps

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

They should cut all Jah's parts out, replace them with light jazz fusion, and post it as UYS.

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax
in my wildest dreams seth and johnathan would come to glasgow

but i guess i'm gonna have to come to them

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

real_slime posted:

in my wildest dreams seth and johnathan would come to glasgow

but i guess i'm gonna have to come to them

I don't live in Scotland but I think Seth and Jah deserve to do the Edinburgh Fringe Festival

lmao zebong
Nov 25, 2006

NBA All-Injury First Team
Anybody have a working link for archive episodes that work with a Podcast app? http://uhhyeahdudemirror.comeze.com/uhhyeahdude.rss was working on my old phone but I got a new one today and it doesn't seem to want to play nice anymore and won't let me add it.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

mcvey posted:

Probably the best live ep in recent memory

Agreed. I was going to say that they're getting better at the live episodes. Does Jah still get up to pee every time? I try to find that point by listening for when Seth goes on a nervous monologue.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
They are getting much better at the live episodes. Also the crowd seemed much better this time.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Live eps have gotten a lot better since Jonathan started getting a catheter installed before each show. And since Seth is back on the coca.

Patreon was a great move for them.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

bollig posted:

Agreed. I was going to say that they're getting better at the live episodes. Does Jah still get up to pee every time? I try to find that point by listening for when Seth goes on a nervous monologue.

he does it during the nashville ep

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I used to listen all the time, but dropped off for awhile. I was super pumped to drop back in and find out they're making enough money to go full time. I always kinda worried about how broke the guys seemed, and it's nice to see their years of good entertainment pay off.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
You can genuinely tell that seth is a lot happier. Although I do sort of miss some of his darker humour about how life grinds you down etc (not wanting him to not be happy for the record).

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Has Seth ever disclosed the catalyst that kickstarted his sobriety? I was just listening to ep 345 and Jonathan brings up his sobriety and says "well you're already living on borrowed time" which I assume means he OD'd at one point.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I think in the earlier episodes(<100) he does? Can't remember much but it might have involved a ferris wheel?

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
He got so hosed up he let an obvious pedo kidnap a little black kid. There's no way he could look dr hanson in the eye after that, so now he's stone cold sober.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

a pipe smoking dog posted:

He got so hosed up he let an obvious pedo kidnap a little black kid. There's no way he could look dr hanson in the eye after that, so now he's stone cold sober.

"You like fries?" *smacks the kid*
I think that incident is why Seth dreams of adopting a black grandson.

But Seth mentions in one of the live eps calling Jonathan while piss-drunk riding a merry go round, "I can't do this anymoreee" and that's when he sobered up. As far as I know it was booze he had a problem with, not sure if other substances were involved. Jonathan also mentions, "I knew you during that time of your life and I thought you were gonna die."

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
He's talked a lot about doing coke as well, so guessing that was at least part of it. Pretty sure he went sober 4/20 too, if I'm remembering correctly.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

GraPar posted:

He's talked a lot about doing coke as well, so guessing that was at least part of it. Pretty sure he went sober 4/20 too, if I'm remembering correctly.

He did, I remember this strongly because once Jonathan realizes it on the podcast he says, "you loving rear end in a top hat." I can't remember which ep that is but since they're talking about 4/20 coming up it shouldn't be hard to pin down.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

GraPar posted:

He has also gone into detail about him and pills, meth, mushrooms, and crack. Sounds like a party.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

something clever posted:

He has also gone into detail about him and pills, meth, mushrooms, and crack. Sounds like a party.

Don't forgot smoking weed and j/o seshing watching baywatch in college

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
Don't forget the story about driving his pickup truck while in a K-hole.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Song For The Deaf posted:

Don't forget the story about driving his pickup truck while in a K-hole.

Middle of the day while giving his friend a ride to an interview lol. Falling out of it while parked in a full-on k hole

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

goldblums eyes posted:

Middle of the day while giving his friend a ride to an interview lol. Falling out of it while parked in a full-on k hole

Someone please tell me which episode this is discussed in.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

http://archive.uhhyeahdu.de/episodes/episode-82

51 minutes in

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Wasn't there another story where he's sitting against a car and doesn't even realize when it starts up and drives away?

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

goldblums eyes posted:

Perfect story. Seth's little nuggets into his past are what makes the relistens worth it. You can really start filling in the holes.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

I think in a Marcia ep she briefly brings up Seth going through multiple mental breakdowns, in which he gave away all of his possessions, and Seth quickly changes the topic. Would like to hear more about that.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib
Wow. I vaguely remember him talking about coke but I don't remember any of the other stuff. Time to relisten! And good for Seth overcoming all that and becoming the awesome dancecast host he is today.

edit: 473 is up yallll

Caper fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 1, 2015

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

quote:

Important Security Notice from Patreon

Yesterday I learned that there was unauthorized access to a Patreon database containing user information. Our engineering team has since blocked this access and taken immediate measures to prevent future breaches. I am so sorry to our creators and their patrons for this breach of trust. The Patreon team and I are working especially hard right now to ensure the safety of the community.

There was unauthorized access to registered names, email addresses, posts, and some shipping addresses.

Sci Ti's wasted no time in attacking Seth's and Jah's base of operations. Several of you are now on the rolls of Suppressive Persons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Patreon got hacked but says everything was hashed. I'm really loving tired of having to scorched earth my poo poo after a hack. No fault of the boys but this probably loses my monthly donation.

KidDynamite fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Oct 1, 2015