Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

sleeptalker posted:

No Phoenix today, next week

Source on this? Lots of conflicting information out there, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

http://forums.dirtybomb.nexon.net/discussion/comment/75569#Comment_75569

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
Phoenix update is now live, bringing with it publicly available private matches with friendly fire options & stuff. http://dirtybomb.nexon.net/news/3913/the-phoenix-update

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Bloodmobile posted:

Phoenix update is now live, bringing with it publicly available private matches with friendly fire options & stuff. http://dirtybomb.nexon.net/news/3913/the-phoenix-update

how good is the Hochfir Submachine Gun? I dont know how useful that self revive will be. People will be tuned quick to gibbing him. Private matches are cool but private servers would be more cool.

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
The hochfir is pretty bad but he has cards with the Kek-10, which is simultaneously always been the best smg in the game and also the one they've never bothered nerfing, so it's only gotten better with time.

I've played a couple matches with him now and he's really powerful on offense. He's basically a combat merc who can also revive teammates and who gets to heal himself and get back up after getting blown up by stray explosives.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Really wish his healing pulse was usable before the cool down finishes. It heals for max 80hp. Still pretty good though, his best loadout is probably the Crotzni with drilled and get up. Drilled with the kek 10 and healing reach isn't bad either.

isndl
May 2, 2012
So after having saved up my cases since Redeye was released, I cracked them all open today because Phoenix was released. Here are the results of opening 137 cases in a row:
  • 3 Bronze cards
  • 2 Silver cards
  • 1 Gold card
  • 1 game freeze
The Gold and one of the Silvers were the same meh loadout for Skyhammer, which I already have the good Alienware card for. Two of the Bronzes were duplicates of loadout cards I already had. The last Bronze is the good Phantom card at least, except I don't have him purchased. :suicide:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I can only play Phantom as a comedy pick now. Given you could play the Holy Trinity of objective gaming (Skyhammer to frag, Aura to res, Proxy to complete objectives and frag) and he's so loving awful in any situation beyond 1v1 and the sword can be so unreliable, he just doesn't have a purpose to me.

I like him conceptually, and he was overpowered as all poo poo before, but he's now the other way. Sword M2 is a total waste of time unless someone is sat motionless (and this is not a game that rewards that ever!) and the number of times I've had M1 miss because of the slight speed loss when you swing is just nuts.

I ran the same server as loving Arty just for laughs next round, who by total contrast now feels kind of legit.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I have the good phantom card in silver. I plan on picking him up next as I like smg and flanking so yeah why not.

shankerz
Dec 7, 2014

Must Go Faster!!!!!

Bloodmobile posted:

Best news all week. Anyone got a server running yet?

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
It's not private servers, it's private lobbies. Private servers aren't & won't ever be a thing as has been stated innumerous times by SD staff.

FattsTerminal
May 7, 2013
RIP elevator to secondary objective points

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
How do I join the steam group? steam account name is same as on here

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012
The steam group is public but entirely inactive. The only person in that group that's ever playing Dirty Bomb when I check the userlist is me. If you still want to join it for whatever reason the link is in the OP.

Bloodmobile fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Sep 21, 2015

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Bloodmobile posted:

The steam group is public but entirely inactive. The only person in that group that's ever playing Dirty Bomb when I check the userlist is me. If you still want to join it for whatever reason the link is in the OP.

I should join as I'm playing every day at this point.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Jst0rm posted:

I should join as I'm playing every day at this point.

How long are your sessions? Because I think I'm in that alley too.

Really want Fletcher, on top of it.

isndl
May 2, 2012

Bloodmobile posted:

What region/timezone do you normally play in? I've been on fairly frequently during NA afternoon/evenings.

I somehow managed to fall into a group of above average players with a Teamspeak server so we just slowly pile onto a server and shoot mans for a while with the occasional comp match to mix things up. Every so often there's a good player that we play against and they get sent an invite too.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

If you don't mind playing on higher ping EU servers there's a twitch streamer Dommedag who has collected quite a following of high level players. Whenever he's streaming good players will join whatever server he is on.

That or just add me on steam too since I play pretty often http://steamcommunity.com/id/shermanikk

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

widespread posted:

How long are your sessions? Because I think I'm in that alley too.

Really want Fletcher, on top of it.

It varies. If I'm not working then 3 or more hours over the day but if I'm working then 1 or 2 hours.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Jst0rm posted:

It varies. If I'm not working then 3 or more hours over the day but if I'm working then 1 or 2 hours.

Ah. I think I usually do an hour or two myself. Depends on mood.

Speaking of mood, prepare for the worst:

I'm half prepared to just start poo poo up for the sake of not getting even more un-needed nerfs/buffs.

EDIT: I should mention what this "exploit" is. Basically, people are doing the mouse wheel trick on BR-16s and Starks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcYs-ffJ-c0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui_YNCL_gVE

End result: Mouse Wheel Trick only gives you a .012 second speed up on burst fire.

Not my videos. But it's a thing I'm now super concerned about.

widespread fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Sep 22, 2015

isndl
May 2, 2012

quote:

It's time for another Fine Tuning update! Along with our usual round of Balance Changes and Bug Fixes, we're making a significant update to the Lobby screen. Read on for more...

Lobby Changes

The lobby is getting an overhaul. All players now settle in a single stack on the right, and more space is given to your Squad. Changing your Mercs and loadouts is now a simpler process, with the option to quickly change the Loadout Card of a Merc already in your squad.

Lobby Timer Changes

We've sped up the timers between matches to get you from game to game a little bit faster!

Warmup Duration to 15s (from 20s).
Game Review Duration to 25s (from 30s).
Lobby Map Voting Time to 15s (from 25s).

Objective Mode Lobby Changes

We've changed how teams are organized in our public, casual Objective matches. To improve team balance and the quality of matches, players are not assigned a team until just before the match begins, and Locking In is no longer necessary.

For those that prefer playing on the same team as your friends, this change does not affect Private Matches, Stopwatch Mode or other, non-public Objective matches.

Balance Changes

Phantom
-Significantly reduced the visibility of his Refractive Armor when moving slowly.

Sparks
-Reduced the amount of time REVIVR spends overheating to 3.3s (from 5.0s).

Fragger
-Reduced maximum Frag Grenade count to 1 (from 2).
-Reduced Frag Grenade cooldown to 17s (from 30s).

Bushwhacker
-Reduced Turret health to 110hp (from 120hp).
-Increased Turret lock-on time to 0.6s (from 0.5s).

PDP-70 Sniper Rifle
-Reduced magazine size to 10 rounds (from 11).
-Increased reload time to 2.8s (from 2.6s).

KEK-10 SMG
-Reduced effective range to 18m (from 19m).
-Increased reload time to 2.0s (from 1.8s).

Hochfir SMG
-Reduced initial bullet spread by ~10%.
-Reduced reload time to 1.8s (from 1.9s).

Timik-47 AR
-Reduced spread and recoil by ~5%.
-Increased effective range to 29m (from 28m).

Ahnuld-12 Shotgun
-Increased rate of fire to 95RPM (from 86).
-Reduced reload time by 0.2s, independent of how many shots are reloaded.

Other Changes

Nader
-Martyrdom cooldown is now visible when incapacitated.

Redeye
-Redeye's IR goggles may now be toggled while using a mounted gun.
-Friendly Smoke no longer blocks Defibrillator revives.

Proxy
-Fixed bug where Proximity Mines were noticeably floating.

Gameplay
-Weapon inspection is now visible when spectating another player in first-person.
-Fixed bug where Friendly Fire settings were sometimes enabled for Competitive Matches.
-Fixed bug where the number of placement matches required for a Competitive Ranking were not correctly displayed.
-Fixed bug where players could become stuck inside elevators.
-Fixed bug where Turrets could be placed inside generators.
-Fixed bug where ironsighting after firing will fire again.

Animation
-Improved the SMG9 third-person reload.
-Fixed bug with the Simeon .357 iron sight being off-centre.

User Interface
-Account Levels are no longer visible in Competitive Matches, as teams are sorted by Competitive Rank.
-All ammo sources will now show up on the HUD when low on ammo.
-Accepting an invite to a Private Match now takes players directly to the lobby.
-Fixed bug where the voting UI position would change.
-Fixed bug where only the creator of a Private Match could see the state of the Friendly Fire option.

Audio
-Completely reworked the weapon fire audio for the Caulden Pistol.
-Mercs will now automatically thank medics that revive them.
-Bullet-by audio has been enabled - enemy bullets are now audible when speeding close to the camera.
-Updated audio when unlocking items in the Menu.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Sounds like some cool changes. Nice to see my Hochfir Nader just got buffed :getin:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

That fragger thing is going to cause so many tears

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

widespread posted:

Ah. I think I usually do an hour or two myself. Depends on mood.

Speaking of mood, prepare for the worst:

I'm half prepared to just start poo poo up for the sake of not getting even more un-needed nerfs/buffs.

EDIT: I should mention what this "exploit" is. Basically, people are doing the mouse wheel trick on BR-16s and Starks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcYs-ffJ-c0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui_YNCL_gVE

End result: Mouse Wheel Trick only gives you a .012 second speed up on burst fire.

Not my videos. But it's a thing I'm now super concerned about.

yeah I saw that. The dev q&a acknowledged it so hopefully they will fix it soon. They should of been on that already as thats been a thing since cs 1.6 or earlier.

I joined the group so if you see filterdecay thats me.

isndl
May 2, 2012

Jst0rm posted:

yeah I saw that. The dev q&a acknowledged it so hopefully they will fix it soon. They should of been on that already as thats been a thing since cs 1.6 or earlier.

I joined the group so if you see filterdecay thats me.

The point is that it isn't a problem. This isn't CS 1.6 where you're firing akimbo pistols faster than humanly possible, this is clicking at regular intervals every second. The videos were made as examples of how a good click-fire player achieves nearly the same rate of fire with only a tenth of a second in difference, meanwhile the scroll-fire player is giving up some of his ability to control his fire when opponents dodge. Burst rifles eat ammo like crazy, even one missed burst is painful and it's half the reason I prefer the BR-16 over the Stark, because that extra burst can and will save your rear end (the other half is that loving "scope").

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

isndl posted:

The point is that it isn't a problem. This isn't CS 1.6 where you're firing akimbo pistols faster than humanly possible, this is clicking at regular intervals every second. The videos were made as examples of how a good click-fire player achieves nearly the same rate of fire with only a tenth of a second in difference, meanwhile the scroll-fire player is giving up some of his ability to control his fire when opponents dodge. Burst rifles eat ammo like crazy, even one missed burst is painful and it's half the reason I prefer the BR-16 over the Stark, because that extra burst can and will save your rear end (the other half is that loving "scope").

I havent used any of the burst fire weapons myself. I think the issue is no recoil or spread during that? If every assault rifle and smg is the same then never burst fire/auto and always singleshots would be best. I burst fire the m4 unless I get caught in a hallway.

isndl
May 2, 2012

Jst0rm posted:

I havent used any of the burst fire weapons myself. I think the issue is no recoil or spread during that? If every assault rifle and smg is the same then never burst fire/auto and always singleshots would be best. I burst fire the m4 unless I get caught in a hallway.

No, the burst rifles naturally have very tight spread and recoil. They're really strong guns aside from how much ammo they hog.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

isndl posted:

Exactly. There's no real need to even touch the BR-16 since it's actually alright for what it is: better precision for worse ammo consumption if you can believe it. Like, when I first played Arty with it, it felt staggering coming from an M4. Yet... it still did the trick. Just gotta watch your shots.

Also on the patch, does Bushwhacker's nerfs mean the BL81 is now the best? I mean, it was more turret health/responsiveness regardless, which would have been aces on a pre-nerf turret.

EDIT: And here we go with the bitching!

widespread fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Sep 23, 2015

isndl
May 2, 2012

widespread posted:

Also on the patch, does Bushwhacker's nerfs mean the BL81 is now the best? I mean, it was more turret health/responsiveness regardless, which would have been aces on a pre-nerf turret.

Still giving up the KEK for a Blishlock. I think the nerfs to the KEK are negligible for most cases, you're still going to dominate in close quarters fighting and your spread is still tight for long ranges which is more important than effective range since you're more able to land headshots. I think I might have heard somewhere that headshots ignore effective range anyways?

Against a good team a predictable turret never was going to live long enough for more than one or two kills anyways, and against a bad team it's still going to get more kills than it has any right to. I don't think the changes make that much of a difference unless you're bad at gunplay and leaned heavily on the turret to begin with. Hell, a part of me wonders if lock-on is a bad perk, if only because enemies are more likely to have run out beyond safe cover before they're alerted to a random turret by means of getting shot.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

widespread posted:

Exactly. There's no real need to even touch the BR-16 since it's actually alright for what it is: better precision for worse ammo consumption if you can believe it. Like, when I first played Arty with it, it felt staggering coming from an M4. Yet... it still did the trick. Just gotta watch your shots.

EDIT: And here we go with the bitching!

noone could ever throw a grenade and kill 3 people... lol.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

isndl posted:

Still giving up the KEK for a Blishlock. I think the nerfs to the KEK are negligible for most cases, you're still going to dominate in close quarters fighting and your spread is still tight for long ranges which is more important than effective range since you're more able to land headshots. I think I might have heard somewhere that headshots ignore effective range anyways?

Against a good team a predictable turret never was going to live long enough for more than one or two kills anyways, and against a bad team it's still going to get more kills than it has any right to. I don't think the changes make that much of a difference unless you're bad at gunplay and leaned heavily on the turret to begin with. Hell, a part of me wonders if lock-on is a bad perk, if only because enemies are more likely to have run out beyond safe cover before they're alerted to a random turret by means of getting shot.

From a statistics point, Lock-On nullifies the nerf due to making it 30% faster. And 30% of the 0.6 seconds you need for it to lock on would be 0.18 seconds. So from that alone, Lock-On makes your turret fire at them in 0.42 seconds. With Steady, same thing. 22% of 110 would be about 24 more health, thereby nullifying the nerf with 134 Turret health. Of course, wouldn't matter if you got more than one person gunning down your turrets. But I think of a rule of thumb when it comes to deployed things like turrets and mines: set them around corners or in places where they can't reliably shoot at it without explosives. Chances are, any explosive that comes your way will overshoot your deployables, thus giving a false sense of security.

But then again, mines are easier to hide closer to choke point entries so :shrug:

That being said, I might have to agree that his KEK-10 is still good, if mainly for the fact you shouldn't engage anyone with an SMG at any range beyond 10m I'd say. It's what makes all the SMGs shine: Close-range sprays. But that opens up a new question: Should the Blishlok be the only exception to this? Because it feels like- and forgive me for mixing settings- a modern-day MP40 in that it has a slow enough fire rate to allow single shots, plus the look makes it seem like it has more accuracy.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

widespread posted:

From a statistics point, Lock-On nullifies the nerf due to making it 30% faster. And 30% of the 0.6 seconds you need for it to lock on would be 0.18 seconds. So from that alone, Lock-On makes your turret fire at them in 0.42 seconds. With Steady, same thing. 22% of 110 would be about 24 more health, thereby nullifying the nerf with 134 Turret health. Of course, wouldn't matter if you got more than one person gunning down your turrets. But I think of a rule of thumb when it comes to deployed things like turrets and mines: set them around corners or in places where they can't reliably shoot at it without explosives. Chances are, any explosive that comes your way will overshoot your deployables, thus giving a false sense of security.

But then again, mines are easier to hide closer to choke point entries so :shrug:

That being said, I might have to agree that his KEK-10 is still good, if mainly for the fact you shouldn't engage anyone with an SMG at any range beyond 10m I'd say. It's what makes all the SMGs shine: Close-range sprays. But that opens up a new question: Should the Blishlok be the only exception to this? Because it feels like- and forgive me for mixing settings- a modern-day MP40 in that it has a slow enough fire rate to allow single shots, plus the look makes it seem like it has more accuracy.

blishlok can definitely get a bit of range. I can always hit people on underground from the gas tunnel place to the vent tubing they run on from spawn to get to the bomb.

isndl
May 2, 2012

widespread posted:

The Blishlock is actually modeled after the Thompson, not the MP40 (the Blish Lock being a patented breech locking mechanism used in the Thompson). It's reasonably good if you can land your shots, but the spread grows pretty quickly which makes it difficult to use at long range unless you take your time. On the flip side, the slow rate of fire makes using it in close quarters rather risky at the same time. It's a bit of an awkward weapon.

I can't comment on what guns 'should' be, I just use them according to whether they suit my needs. :shrug:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

isndl posted:

The Blishlock is actually modeled after the Thompson, not the MP40 (the Blish Lock being a patented breech locking mechanism used in the Thompson). It's reasonably good if you can land your shots, but the spread grows pretty quickly which makes it difficult to use at long range unless you take your time. On the flip side, the slow rate of fire makes using it in close quarters rather risky at the same time. It's a bit of an awkward weapon.

poo poo. I always forget that bit.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

isndl posted:

I can't comment on what guns 'should' be, I just use them according to whether they suit my needs. :shrug:

aura with the blishlock is one of my mains. Now that you mention it it does feel like the thompson from rtcw. and yes you have to do single shots but the first 2 atleast are on target. So double tap pause double tap pause... and on.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

The problem with the blishlok is hat it just sounds terrible. The old sound was bad because it was the same as a pistol and now it just sounds like a BB gun or something.

isndl
May 2, 2012

Jst0rm posted:

aura with the blishlock is one of my mains. Now that you mention it it does feel like the thompson from rtcw. and yes you have to do single shots but the first 2 atleast are on target. So double tap pause double tap pause... and on.

Yeah, that's exactly the problem. Double taps with pausing is super slow, versus the guy with the KEK who just spams bullets all over you. If you're landing perfect headshots you can probably take down a light class, but a medium or heavy class will have enough HP to bullethose you.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

All that said the Blishlok is not bad at all if you can hit heads with it. Fletcher with Blishlok + Unshakeable is a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqL-tni8pkI&hd=1

Fletcher probably gets more use out of it since you can soften the heavy classes up with the stickies and finish with the blishlok.

Hugh G. Rectum fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Sep 23, 2015

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

isndl posted:

Yeah, that's exactly the problem. Double taps with pausing is super slow, versus the guy with the KEK who just spams bullets all over you. If you're landing perfect headshots you can probably take down a light class, but a medium or heavy class will have enough HP to bullethose you.

Only double tap for distance. Lay down fire for hallway fights or closer range is fine. Aura is risky anyways with 80 health so just keep moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
FFS, I just bought fragger last night as my first dude.

• Locked thread