Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

RoboCicero posted:

So in Dr. McNinja I definitely though it was Old McNinja, but now I'm guessing...evil clone? Doesn't seem like clones are too hard to come by in that universe.

The last thing Old did in this comic before smoke bombing out was threaten to disembowel the kid. It seems the hate persists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

SlothfulCobra posted:

Maybe it could've been the wasp eater reacting to the Baron instead?

I thought it was this tbh, and he implicated Gil to throw suspicion away from himself (because his whole deal is that his empire can't function without him, and it wouldn't do to have some heroic type tie him down for his own good)

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

RoboCicero posted:

So in Dr. McNinja I definitely though it was Old McNinja, but now I'm guessing...evil clone? Doesn't seem like clones are too hard to come by in that universe.

Also dang, Dr. McNinja himself really deteriorated fast. I'm guessing the teeth thing is a ad-hoc sonar / echolocation thing to communicate with the merpeople?

I dunno, I still figure it's Old and he's just freaking the gently caress out because he knows that he's underequipped to convincingly pose as Doc in front of his family.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
"Brainchild" is updating again.

quote:

Sorry for that unexpectedly long hiatus, everyone! Long story short–life got in the way, as it tends to, for a series of a weeks, and for a while it was hard to find my footing to get back to working on this comic. Without speaking too soon, it feels like I’m back on solid ground now!
If you're a new reader, don't read the current pages, go to the start. It takes a while for things to start happening but when they do it's a hell of a thing.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

I hope everybody in the greater DC area is going to SPX this weekend (I have to give it a miss this year, but I'm going to MICE next month).

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
So I guess we've got another 9 months to a year of Dr McNinja strips for this page from 2011 to pay off.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
pissssss

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Incidentally, my mad Girl Genius theory: I think that the night Bill proposed and Lucrezia drugged Klaus and sent him to Skifander, when she said she was determined to change and become good, she meant it. She used the beacon-engine-ish thing in her secret lab to remove her 'evil' impulses and cast them out, and that become the Other. The Beacon Engines draw upon that cast-out personality. At some point they managed to get downloaded into the Muse of Time body, which attacked Castle Heterodyne to try and get its original body back. Good Lucrezia fled, and - in this one here, panel one is Lucrezia Classic, panel two is Good Lucrezia, and panel five is Evil Muse Of Time Lucrezia. Evil Lucrezia doesn't have her Spark, which is why she hasn't really created anything new.

Last time I read it through I felt like it fit a bunch of other elements in the story I can't quite remember.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 19, 2015

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

My GG theory is pretty similar, two differences:

- The Other is currently within a clank body. Agatha is the only one capable of building clanks with the spark (That's her talent), so as this body was built by someone else, it can't do the job for Lucretia. She has the drivers and software but not the hardware, so to speak.

- I'm assuming the Muse of Time is a self-fulfilling time loop. Professor Mongfish, Lucretia's father, whiel tinkering with space-time, accidentally attracts the attention of the Other. The Other destroys the Castle, drives Agatha's family into exile, and unleashes a plague of zombies. This sets off a chain of events that eventually results in the creation of the Other.

Prediction:
At the end of the story, just before Agatha defeats the Other, the Other makes a desperate plea of 'join me' or something like that, then throws open the time window and gestures at beginning-of-the-story pre-Spark Agatha while arguing her point. This action sets into action all the events that leads to Agatha becoming a spark and eventually defeating the Other.

So the dramatic irony is that the Other's actions creates itself, and then its actions creates the means of its defeat.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

My Girl Genius theory is that we're gonna get stuck in something inconsequential for the overall plot for a year or so soon.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I hope it's Othar's sewer wife.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
To build a webcomic. Make it with your hands. Soft raku. Clay at your fingertips, the whorls of your thumb immortalised, in fire! Hard fires in the kiln, the baked bricks. Your comic. Glaze it with your love, your tears, lean in and kiss the computer screen - not too hard! An explosion of liquid crystals. An unveiled thigh. Your character and her adventures, her prime sexuality, her fearfulness, the kernel at the heart of her fruit? That's a comic. You poo poo it out hard. You hope for the best. It's a grainy and semi-solid bird on gas wings. It's a pink-tinted cataclysm. Glaze it with philosophies. Tell us what you think. Give us an insight. What gets your cock hard? Who are you? What is your name? Tell us about your diet, I need to know what you eat, I need to see the undigested seeds of your day poorly flushed and floating. That's why the webcomic exists. Give thanks!

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-1-14/

cio you can just make up the fun parts of the story yourself, you know

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

'The Bloody Footprint' won the Ignatz last night for 'best Online comic', it's here: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/02/05/opinion/private-lives-the-bloody-footprint.html

The full shortlist:

quote:

The Bloody Footprint by Lilli Carre
Carriers by Lauren Weinstein : http://nautil.us/blog/carriers-a-webcomic-on-health-luck-and-life
Mom Body by Rebecca Roher : http://gutsmagazine.ca/featured/comic
O Human Star by Blue Delliquanti : http://ohumanstar.com
Witchy by Ariel Ries : http://www.witchycomic.com

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Tollymain posted:

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-1-14/

cio you can just make up the fun parts of the story yourself, you know
Cio knows the secret to making a webcomic popular. it's lesbians

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Puts a new spin on her line at the end of this page.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I just want Autnie Maya to come back. She'll probably execute all the idiots doing the chasing once they lead her where she wants to go.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

A lantern, is it?

Autonomous Monster posted:

This is the lamp I was talking about : [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Surely not.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Mare Internum is body-horror-ing. Again.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I love the last panel of the new K6BD.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I think in that last panel Allison is making several terrible decisions. Not the least of which is drinking that bottle's contents.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I am really enjoying Allison's new attitude but yeah drinking the mysterious smoking liquor given to you by a demon for free is probably not a good idea.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
I'm guessing it's for free because the bartender just saw someone teleport in, which in theory only the six kings can do (maybe?) wielding a giant fuckoff sword. You want that kind of person on your good side, and fast.

I had hoped that her last escapades with 86-Chain would've taught her that she should keep the lid pretty tight on the fact she has a unallied magus gate stuck in her head. I think mystery liquor is going to very rapidly drop to the bottom of her worries in about two minutes.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Mr. Lobe posted:

I think in that last panel Allison is making several terrible decisions. Not the least of which is drinking that bottle's contents.
Reach heaven through violence. Reach enlightenment through not giving a gently caress.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I went and read all of Othar Trygvassen's Twitter, and that had some interesting clues to the current plot of Girl Genius, namely:

-It confirms that Tarvek's notebook probably holds some time travel secrets, because Tarvek has one of those time window gizmos in the future, which he uses to send Othar through a time loop.
-There's a lone geisterdamen in the paris sewers who doesn't know what the rest of the geisters have been up to

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RoboCicero posted:

I'm guessing it's for free because the bartender just saw someone teleport in, which in theory only the six kings can do (maybe?) wielding a giant fuckoff sword. You want that kind of person on your good side, and fast.

I had hoped that her last escapades with 86-Chain would've taught her that she should keep the lid pretty tight on the fact she has a unallied magus gate stuck in her head. I think mystery liquor is going to very rapidly drop to the bottom of her worries in about two minutes.

From what the demon-masking people said it sounds like they can also use the keys to teleport other people.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Begemot posted:

From what the demon-masking people said it sounds like they can also use the keys to teleport other people.

Or they can delegate keys to trusted minions.

I'm not sure what'd dumber in the last panel - drinking the drink, or announcing that she's got a non-king key.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I like Allison's new lack of fucks. It's refreshing.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

MikeJF posted:

Or they can delegate keys to trusted minions.

I'm not sure what'd dumber in the last panel - drinking the drink, or announcing that she's got a non-king key.

i'm p sure the keys mean the bearer can permit or restrict access to the corresponding universes to any number of people, if nothing else because the other way would make them pretty useless. Total control over the comings and goings of your subjects makes you the tyrant of an empire with trade and armies and stuff. Total control over where you, personally, can go makes you a hobo.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Sep 23, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

i'm p sure the keys mean the bearer can permit or restrict access to the corresponding universes to any number of people, if nothing else because the other way would make them pretty useless. Total control over the comings and goings of your subjects makes you the tyrant of an empire with trade and armies and stuff. Total control over where you, personally, can go makes you a hobo.

We saw earlier that they can have standing gates anyone can go through, I assume the ruling kings leave those open most of the time.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.
Is it time for a K6BD thread?

If so, it needs to be named "Kill Six Billion Threads - Reach Heaven Through Posting".

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Personally I'd wait until the new update schedule/frequency becomes reliable. No offence to Operant, I just don't want to jinx it :ohdear:

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Heresiarch posted:

If so, it needs to be named "Kill Six Billion Threads - Reach Heaven Through Posting".

Give it a couple of weeks, see if we sustain this level of posting.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Heresiarch posted:

i know discussing web comics in the web comics thread is highly frightening and disturbing but imo it does not get any less so with the weird obsessive behaviors every single-comic thread develops

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
All webcomics with "demon" in their title belong to this thread.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

the weird obsessive behaviors every single-comic thread develops

This is a good point and I withdraw the suggestion.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

In other Demon related news, Hunter seems to have learned a new trick.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

neogeo0823 posted:

In other Demon related news, Hunter seems to have learned a new trick.

And it looks like he's moved bodies, which... eh, doesn't necessarily rule out the foetal Jimmy theory, but it makes it a lot more difficult.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

SlothfulCobra posted:

I went and read all of Othar Trygvassen's Twitter, and that had some interesting clues to the current plot of Girl Genius, namely:

-It confirms that Tarvek's notebook probably holds some time travel secrets, because Tarvek has one of those time window gizmos in the future, which he uses to send Othar through a time loop.
-There's a lone geisterdamen in the paris sewers who doesn't know what the rest of the geisters have been up to

Othar's twitter was really good for a series of supplemental stories told 140 characters at a time.

I never expected it to have anything to do with the comic proper, but the train showed up eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
The thing where he became every member of a town at one point (and put himself in jail) was extremely confusing. I'm still not sure how he got out of that one.

• Locked thread