Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I'm happy you like it but this thing is a trigger for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
To me, most hefes taste like a combination of bad bananas and how burning tires smell. So not really my bag. Fortunately there's a metric shitload of beers out there.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Aramek posted:

To me, most hefes taste like a combination of bad bananas and how burning tires smell. So not really my bag. Fortunately there's a metric shitload of beers out there.

Bananas and cloves are two of the most prominent style-appropriate tasting notes for hefeweizens.

also thanks for the boot info all.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Aramek posted:

Fortunately there's a metric shitload of beers out there.

What's the conversion rate to an imperial shitload?

I need to know how much hops to put in this IPA

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

This is my favorite beer at the moment. It even says "A great beer" on the label! I don't even know what you could do to improve it. Not that common, though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I finally, FINALLY got a bonus at work thanks to my boss kicking rear end in a meeting in DC so I can replace my TV and mattress, both of which are over eleven years old.

Sleep Innovations memory foam queen mattress

Vizio 50" 4K TV

Sony 5.1 surround sound + BluRay

I went with a Vizio because my old one never had a single issue, it's just way out of date and other 4K TVs in that size are much more expensive for nearly the same thing.

TJChap2840
Sep 24, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

I went with a Vizio because my old one never had a single issue, it's just way out of date and other 4K TVs in that size are much more expensive for nearly the same thing.

Vizio is actually very high quality for the price you pay. No need to defend the brand.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I'm getting the 43" version next month to celebrate a big job I'm moving for (after buying furniture.)

So let us know what you think of it!

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

I think you should get the 55" version.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Haha it's a medium sized 1br apartment so I really don't need to spend that much when my couch is going to be 10 feet away from it. If I decide to pick up a townhouse after my initial 6 months are up I'll get something bigger.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why not just get a real house

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Someone post that diagram showing optimal TV size compared to distance from the couch.

Bill, no one can afford houses anymore because of your lovely generation.

Tourette Meltdown
Sep 11, 2001

Most people with Tourette Syndrome are able to hold jobs and lead full lives. But not you.

Good buddy gave me his review copy and I couldn't even get through the first chapter, lemme know if you really love it and I'm just wrong and bad.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Tourette Meltdown posted:

Good buddy gave me his review copy and I couldn't even get through the first chapter, lemme know if you really love it and I'm just wrong and bad.

Get the audio book version. It's narrated by Cecil Baldwin and other regular Night Vale voice actors (and some new people). It's basically an Extra super long episode.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Cheap desk (LINNMON / ADILS) for a tiny apartment.

Goes with this NILSERIK, for those few times when I need to sit at the desk instead of the couch

Stool cost $50, twice the price of the desk. Ah well.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Tourette Meltdown posted:

You're not wrong and bad. I enjoyed the first few episodes but imo it just got repetitive. It's cool that the people who make it have done so well out of it.

Sorbus
Apr 1, 2010

New jacket and watch.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Inzombiac posted:

Someone post that diagram showing optimal TV size compared to distance from the couch.

Bill, no one can afford houses anymore because of your lovely generation.

Get a job and quit buying so many video games and big TVs and all the other poo poo you don't really need, save money, and you can afford a house too.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sorbus posted:

New jacket and watch.

Coming soon to a Unabomber near you

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

I would've wanted that watch in 1983.

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

PCOS Bill posted:

Get a job and quit buying so many video games and big TVs and all the other poo poo you don't really need, save money, and you can afford a house too.

Some people don't want the headache.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

This is the face I'm currently using on my smartwatch!

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dick Trauma posted:

I *had* that watch in 1983, followed up with the calculator version. That I was promptly told would have to be removed for tests in math class.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

blarzgh posted:

This is the face I'm currently using on my smartwatch!

Can you take a picture of it? :)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I'm wearing that watch right now, it's dope and I love it. The stopwatch function is so convenient.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Hoover T-Series Windtunnel Pet.

The T-Series Windtunnel has great reviews, good price, and this is just a slightly upgraded version of that.

I have no carpet in my house, and just a couple rugs, so I didn't need a super-fancy $500 vacuum or anything. Just needed something better than my current one, which is my girlfriend's 8-year old, super-tiny, super-lovely, vacuum.

I think it was an older version of this Dirt Devil:

If nothing else, I'm happy to have a vacuum with a regular hose on it so I can make real use of these vacuum storage bags for our spare blankets, comforters, sheets, etc... They take up so much drat space in our closets, even using the vacuum bags and manually pushing as much air out as we can, it still like 5 times the height you can get them with a vacuum.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Dick Trauma posted:

I had that watch in 1984. Before that I had two Walt Disney digital watches that I liked a lot more but they had a picture of Snow White (among others) on them so I guess my dad bought me a Casio?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Dick Trauma posted:

Can you take a picture of it? :)

I can't tell if you're kidding or not, but I like attention, so here:

Aquarium Gravel
Oct 21, 2004

I dun shot my dick off

blarzgh posted:

That looks good. I'd wear that.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

I finally, FINALLY got a bonus at work thanks to my boss kicking rear end in a meeting in DC so I can replace my TV and mattress, both of which are over eleven years old.

Sleep Innovations memory foam queen mattress

I actually just bought this and it is great. I've only had it a night but it was the best night of sleep I've had in a while!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

blarzgh posted:

I was serious, and thank you for posting it. To me one of the only attractive features of a smartwatch is being able to completely customize the screen. If only I didn't have such scrawny wrists.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dick Trauma posted:

I was serious, and thank you for posting it. To me one of the only attractive features of a smartwatch is being able to completely customize the screen. If only I didn't have such scrawny wrists.

Bro try lifting

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Aquarium Gravel posted:

That looks good. I'd wear that.

I'm also a big fan of this one:

Dick Trauma posted:

To me one of the only attractive features of a smartwatch is being able to completely customize the screen.

I enjoy it more than an adult should.

Elucidarius posted:

I actually just bought this and it is great. I've only had it a night but it was the best night of sleep I've had in a while!

Mine's on its way!

blarzgh has a new favorite as of 22:18 on Sep 23, 2015

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I would be tempted to get something that looked like a VCR display that endlessly blinks 12:00

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I call your nerdery:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I raise you:

blarzgh has a new favorite as of 23:16 on Sep 23, 2015

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

tribbledirigible posted:

I call your nerdery:

Really disappointed that the edges of those blue and red bars don't line up with the edge of the watch. I could fix that in 5 minutes in Photoshop :smh:

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What is that a Moto 360?

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.
Birthday money that I should have probably saved, oops.

Monitor riser for...

...this guy. The last monitor I had was in 2007 and it was a CRT. So excited. ( ASUS MX27AQ 27" )

Ikea to rescue my incredibly cluttered work desk/vanity combo.

But the best purchase was clearly these.

:pcgaming: LASER GUUNNSS :pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

tribbledirigible posted:

I call your nerdery:

If / when I get a Moto 360 I want to use that face, but I'm worried that nearby nerds will make an absolute scene if they notice it.