Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Vote for SuperMechaPedro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Classic millennium stadium there

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Fiji seem to have a great pack but their backs are not impressive at all. My armchair opinion has been set :colbert:

"Swing low..?"

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Fiji did not look like scoring. Ever. I joked that pass it to Nadolo was the plan, but that was their plan. They knew they had this short gap, it is poo poo, but this is the group of death for a reason.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Poot. Where are my upsets? My close games?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

rejutka posted:

Scotland beat the team 1 place above them in the world rankings!

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
In fairness, they kept a decent pace til the end. Just never seemed capable of putting enough actual points on the board...

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
I feel for Fiji. Imagine if they were swapped for Tonga. You'd say they have a good chance of upsetting Argentina and getting through. Or that pool that has France and Italy. Yeah, put them in that one.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I was going to avoid all avenues of results until I could watch the ScotlandJapan game, but the ITVPlayer is garbage and I can't be hosed to wait for the youtube ups. I understand I should only watch the first half?

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Tyma posted:

Scotland beat the team 1 place above them in the world rankings!

I see what you did there. :(

Also, was it you gonna do a write-up of being at whichever game?

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

I hope Australia get eliminated on bonus points

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

bigfoot again posted:

I hope Australia get eliminated on bonus points

Unfortunately with all the injuries, I can't see the Welsh getting one over them or England. Hell, I can see Wales struggling to get past Fiji as well. From the so-called Pool of Death, it's fairly likely to be Wales that ends up falling short.

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say the following will be the teams that get into the quarters:

Pool A:
1. England
2. Australia

Pool B:
1. Scotland
2. South Africa

Pool C:
1. New Zealand
2. Argentina

Pool D:
1. Ireland
2. France

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 23, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I firmly believe that Scotland, even given that the strongest team in their group lost and they got to play the winners after gently caress all recovery time, can still cock this up.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Vagabundo posted:

Unfortunately with all the injuries, I can't see the Welsh getting one over them or England. Hell, I can see Wales struggling to get past Fiji as well. From the so-called Pool of Death, it's fairly likely to be Wales that ends up falling short.

If I had to wager a guess, I'd say the following will be the teams that get into the quarters:

Pool A:
1. England
2. Australia

Pool B:
1. Scotland
2. South Africa

Pool C:
1. New Zealand
2. Argentina

Pool D:
1. Ireland
2. Wales

Wales is in Pool A

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Wales is in Pool A

Yeah, I meant to type "France." I have no idea why I ended up typing "Wales" instead.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Romania's anthem is pretty class.

edit - It's a masterpiece of Eastern Bloc-ism. They probably only started using it a decade ago.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Szarzewski is captain :swoon:

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

rejutka posted:

There's time now for France to France it up against Romania!

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
So, beer?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ok, so I looked it up. That anthem is 150 years old and pretty hardcore old-men-encouraging-their-kids-to-go-kill-their-oppressors (the Turks, mostly). Not surprised the Soviets wanted to suppress it.

pre:
Priviți, mărețe umbre, Mihai, Ștefan, Corvine,	Behold, great shadows, Mihai, Ștefan, Corvinus,
Romāna națiune, ai voștri strănepoți,	        The Romanian Nation, your great-grandchildren,
Cu brațele armate, cu focul vostru-n vine,	With weapons in their arms, with your fire in their veins,
"Viața-n libertate ori moarte" strigă toți.	"Life in freedom or death!" shout all.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

goatface posted:

Ok, so I looked it up. That anthem is 150 years old and pretty hardcore old-men-encouraging-their-kids-to-go-kill-their-oppressors (the Turks, mostly). Not surprised the Soviets wanted to suppress it.

pre:
Priviți, mărețe umbre, Mihai, Ștefan, Corvine,	Behold, great shadows, Mihai, Ștefan, Corvinus,
Romāna națiune, ai voștri strănepoți,	        The Romanian Nation, your great-grandchildren,
Cu brațele armate, cu focul vostru-n vine,	With weapons in their arms, with your fire in their veins,
"Viața-n libertate ori moarte" strigă toți.	"Life in freedom or death!" shout all.

The Irish one is pretty good for that stuff as well. Loosely, "We are double hard bastards [bragging follows], gently caress with us and we'll tear your face off."

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Gaah Scotland you jerks.

Japan were clearly just tired out, too tired to make their very attractive and quick ball-in-hand rugby work. You could see a number of great breakaways that happened in the first half, where if they had just a little more energy or focus they would have scored several tries.

If I read it right, Japan have 10 days until they play Samoa, who almost lost to the USA and whom Japan on a week and a half rest can probably beat; meanwhile Scotland have a short turnaround against USA, then long turnarounds against SA and Samoa.

So...if USA beat Scotland, that means Japan is probably going to the quarterfinals, right? Because if we're going to win a game, Sunday would be our chance.

Alternatively, we beat them up enough that Samoa can pull out a win.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
The bored crowd are already boo'ing both teams, and doing The Wave fifteen minutes into a match :{

It seems like all the crowds in the small venues have been great, while the large stadiums have been insufferable?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

yas, Romania try

Edit - or not, loving tmo

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Romania are beasts. Hope that was a try.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oooh, some nice studs to the face.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tyma posted:

It seems like all the crowds in the small venues have been great, while the large stadiums have been insufferable?

Again, I blame the corporates.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
France are Francing it. but I worry that Romania are going to be dead by 60 minutes.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Coqs.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Double Coqs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He turned his back on him. Shame.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I'm in a play this week so watching what I can when offstage, and I've just come back from a scene to find two tries scored. What happened there? Romania were doing okay!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got carded, France actually made some of their plays.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
drat. At least they got the penalty.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Yeah that sin-binning hosed the Romanian dog.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holding a better team down by throwing men into every breakdown is even harder when they have more dudes than you.

Who would have guessed.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Yes commentators, France is rattled, France is so rattled they are two converted tries ahead.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Look, if they don't generate the hype, who will? The crowd are so bored they're doing waves...

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
The crowd are cunts who can't shut their cake-hole for a kick. God I wish they'd try that poo poo at Thomond.

And Romania can generate some hype by scoring a try or two. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They should play it in proper stadiums.