Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

quote:

Bonus: The Trump Steakhouse in Las Vegas was briefly shut down following 51 health code violations, including expired yogurt and five-month old duck.

So, how violently ill does 5 month old poultry make a person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Rip the whole loving thing apart.

Bob Ojeda
Apr 15, 2008

I AM A WHINY LITTLE EMOTIONAL BITCH BABY WITH NO SENSE OF HUMOR

IF YOU SEE ME POSTING REMIND ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Spaceman Future! posted:

So, how violently ill does 5 month old poultry make a person?

Listen, the Health Department - I love the Health Department, but they're a bunch of losers, okay? And they don't know that 5-month-old poultry is a delicacy. We had the finest aged duck, okay? And it was beautiful, and everyone loved it.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Spacebump posted:

I really hope this ends with him tearing up his Republican pledge and going third party. We need a Trump Pac to start collecting signatures now.

He's been retweeting people who have said since Perry and Walker haven't honored their pact agreements, that he's under no obligation to honor the pact and that he should run 3rd party if they continue.

Signing the pact after everyone else already agreed to "support the nominee whoever it is" was a stroke of brilliance.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!
Most outgoing Presidents don't accomplish much. But Trump, he knows all about ducks that are past their prime.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Hodgepodge posted:

Most outgoing Presidents don't accomplish much. But Trump, he knows all about ducks that are past their prime.

:golfclap: Well done.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Ah, I was wondering what provoked this.

I don't think he'll run third party, or independent, or write-in as long as he's the GOP frontrunner. But he's definitely moving toward triggering his escape hatch!

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

If he wants to be on the ballot in all fifty states, he really does need to start collecting signatures now. Getting on the ballot if you're not Dem or GOP can be really expensive and time-consuming in some states.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Antti posted:

If he wants to be on the ballot in all fifty states, he really does need to start collecting signatures now. Getting on the ballot if you're not Dem or GOP can be really expensive and time-consuming in some states.

Well, he doesn't need to be on the ballot in every state to gently caress the GOP.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Antti posted:

He can still scoop up the nomination for one of the perennial 3rd parties. Vote Trump on the America First, Libertarian, Constitution, and Modern Wig party line!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I hope Trump destroys the GOP and Fox News and all that's left are niche bubbles of right-wing loonery scattered across the Internet.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Antti posted:

He could be banking on his name recognition to be a write-in. Do enough states not allow a write-in to make a win impossible?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

McDowell posted:

He could be banking on his name recognition to be a write-in. Do enough states not allow a write-in to make a win impossible?

Seems like it would be possible to win with write-ins:
http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/stories/2004-11-01/the-ins-and-outs-of-write-ins

quote:

And five states -- Hawaii, Nevada, South Dakota, Oklahoma, and South Carolina -- don't allow any Presidential write-ins, and never have. Louisiana, the sixth no-write-in state, got rid of them in 1975 after it adopted a system in which anyone could get on the regular ballot, regardless of party affiliation

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
If you misspell a candidate's name on a write-in does it get counted as a vote for "Dnoald Trump" or does it get shoved in with the "right" votes?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He would probably glop on to the Libertarian ticket.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

Yeah, piggybacking on a perennial third party would probably be his best bet instead of going fully independent.

Brannock posted:

If you misspell a candidate's name on a write-in does it get counted as a vote for "Dnoald Trump" or does it get shoved in with the "right" votes?

Depends entirely on the state and the board of elections. E.g. with Lisa Murkowski's write-in campaign in Alaska, the board of elections and election courts were very lenient in interpreting variations of her name.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

euphronius posted:

He would probably glop on to the Libertarian ticket.

Would they let him? He holds a bunch of anti-Libertarian stances.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am laughing at the thought of a ideologically principled Libertarian.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!

Brannock posted:

Just tell them to write Trump on the ticket.

Would he demand recounts in every state he lost? You know he would :allears:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

euphronius posted:

I am laughing at the thought of a ideologically principled Libertarian.

Never mind that even if Trump were to garner just 5-10 percent of the vote throughout the country it would be a tremendous boon to any third party in terms of ballot access, name recognition and funding.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Brannock posted:

I hope Trump destroys the GOP and Fox News and all that's left are niche bubbles of right-wing loonery scattered across the Internet.

Same here. Watching him rip apart this entire lovely industry would be the weirdest schadenfreude I've ever felt. On one hand, I hate Donald Trump. On the other, loving Fox News.

It's a slim possibility, but I think he has a chance to really just loving suicide bomb the right in this country in the name of, for him, his extreme ego, and for everyone else, a small pittance of justice.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Come with me, deep down the rabbit hole, where Karl Rove is working for his internationalist corporate masters to destroy Donald Trump and bring about the reign of Jeb:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/09/22/understanding-karl-roves-operation-hummingbird/

TL/DR: The base has gone full INFOWARS and believes that Donald Trump is the last chance AMERICA has to defeat the evil elites who want to destroy America(white people.)

AND THEY'RE NOT WRONG!

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Montasque posted:

Come with me, deep down the rabbit hole, where Karl Rove is working for his internationalist corporate masters to destroy Donald Trump and bring about the reign of Jeb:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2015/09/22/understanding-karl-roves-operation-hummingbird/

TL/DR: The base has gone full INFOWARS and believes that Donald Trump is the last chance AMERICA has to defeat the evil elites who want to destroy America(white people.)

AND THEY'RE NOT WRONG!

Want a scary thought? Jeb Bush wins 2016 and Karl Rove gets back in the white house in a position of power.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Not just any perverted and sexist things, perverted and sexist and horrible things.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Oh no, Bernie's a Vietnam draft dodger?! That's totally something Clinton supporters have a long history of despising!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

This should be required reading for anyone who thinks Bernie supporters are the only ones bashing fellow candidates.

Fish Cant Hold Gun
Jul 2, 2015

by Ralp

It's so beautiful

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!
A draft dodger as President? :ohdear:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Did a 12 year old write this?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

nachos posted:

Quite possibly!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

nachos posted:

Physically, emotionally, or mentally?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Haha fox news being all YOU CANT FIRE US WE QUIT

Can we just have GOP primaries all the time? They own. Also let Clint Eastwood freestyle at the finish line again.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

nachos posted:

I don't know if that's a joke or a reference to that 12 year old Cruz supporter with a following. Dude has a Youtube-channel for his political commentary, and WaPo featured him last week.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Donald Trump is powerful and a natural president.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

BRB, gotta go stir up the masses.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The demographics split of the PPP question "Should Islam be Legal or Illegal" is pretty interesting. It's one of the largest gender gaps in the poll and pretty significant.

I wonder if this type of result is common in religious questions.

Also interesting:

- Women think Trump shouldn't have said bad things about Fiorina/Jeb's wife. Don't like Trump in general.

- Carson is big with the ladies. :shlick:

KillHour fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 23, 2015

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

nachos posted:

The smartest kid in America.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
This page of the thread gave me cancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Fox News posted:

He doesn't seem to grasp that candidates telling journalists what to ask is not how the media works in this country

:suicide:

• Locked thread