Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
thats a beauty of a penalty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
cor blimey

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Just a shame there's no Gerrard to bottle it really

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Blue Star Error posted:

If I was writing tomorrows back page I'd have a big picture of Rodgers looking sad and the headline Bellenda Carlisle

Brendan has no place on Earth.

the glow
May 31, 2009

Insurrectionist posted:

These are some poo poo pen.

That 4th carlisle one was the best placed penalty Ive ever seen

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

gently caress

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Bad hair, bad peno

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

the glow posted:

Yeah tekkers

Shite final pen tbh

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
you poo poo hair oval office

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman

Tsaedje posted:

Bad hair, bad peno

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

Blue Star Error posted:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

the glow posted:

Well it's the law of averages

Look at that one for example

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Blue Star Error posted:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Poor Carlisle, beaten by a ginger

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

At least Boggers is good at penalties. Pathetic otherwise.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Those were some loving poo poo penalties from Carlisle

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Those were some loving poo poo penalties from Carlisle

The 4th one was mint m8

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
2 easy

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

The 4th one was mint m8

Even better that Bogdan had moved halfway across the line to that corner and still had no chance.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
there were like two good penalties in that whole fuckin thing gently caress me lol

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat
Rodgers secures his place as liver poo manager for another season.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

Bape Culture posted:

I'm glad we have united next round

rip plucky little man u,
just another team from manchester put to the sword.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

surrender posted:

Oh god, Arteta-Flamini is going to be disastrous

Missed the action but worth a quote

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

We are seriously bad.

Things I would like to happen;

1. Never play three at the back ever again.
2. Play Gomez at centre back instead of Lovren.
3. Buy a central midfielder who can create.
4. Get a new keeper.
5. Most importantly, sack Brendan.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

corpuscollossus posted:

Missed the action but worth a quote

I've never been happier to eat my words

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
that was really really. really bad

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Lol wtf, Newcastle only had 31% possession against Wednesday.

I knew McLaren was a bad appointment but he's far worse than I'd ever imagined. Newcastle are I'm a lot of trouble.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
Having Mourinho troll him out of the title and losing Suarez in the same season basically broke Rodgers.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
2 easy.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

I didn't want to win the cup anyway

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Ewar Woowar posted:

5. Most importantly, sack Brendan.

Last night I reached that awkward stage of schadenfreude where I was torn between wanting Liverpool to get knocked out but worried that it would cost Rodgers his job.

Realistically how close do you think he is to getting sacked? The fans seem to be turning on him but he was heavily backed in the summer, although if they still do transfers by committee that might not mean much.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
They took a bit of a gamble in the summer by backing him massively and I guess you should give them credit for that. Perhaps it would've been "easier" to sack him after that dreadful season, and also they would've known that if all the money spent didn't help it would put them in a tough spot. The spot where they are right now.

A lot of the fans are turning on him, which of course makes it all the more difficult to turn it around. However, we've played poorly for well over a year now so when do you start looking for someone else? The biggest worry is perhaps that we have no style of play anymore, and the defence is so bad they every match you feel certain that we will at least concede one goal. Villa usually cause us trouble under Rodgers, and the upcoming fixtures don't look very easy either. Make or break?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Lot 49 posted:

Last night I reached that awkward stage of schadenfreude where I was torn between wanting Liverpool to get knocked out but worried that it would cost Rodgers his job.

Realistically how close do you think he is to getting sacked? The fans seem to be turning on him but he was heavily backed in the summer, although if they still do transfers by committee that might not mean much.

Hard to say really. Henry seems patient but the results we are getting merit the performances. I would imagine he's a couple of bad results away from it but who knows.

I don't actually think Rodgers is that bad a manager but Liverpool are not an easy club to run given the expectations of the fans and the media but less cash and pulling power than those they're supposed to be competitive with.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Thirteenth Step posted:

I didn't want to win the cup anyway

From the way Pulis set up seems like he didn't want to either. Anichibe in defensive midfield for the first half

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ewar Woowar posted:

Hard to say really. Henry seems patient but the results we are getting merit the performances. I would imagine he's a couple of bad results away from it but who knows.

I don't actually think Rodgers is that bad a manager but Liverpool are not an easy club to run given the expectations of the fans and the media but less cash and pulling power than those they're supposed to be competitive with.

Liverpool's problems go much further back than picking a trashman clown in Rodgers to manage the club. Their biggest failings are the managerial choices made since Dalglish was manager the first time, not taking the opportunity to upgrade the stadium and various other missed opportunities to increase revenue. It's no coincidence they've been in/around the same league position as Spurs since failing to hold onto the Champions League spots.

Liverpool spent enough on transfers through the 90s, managers better than Souness/Evans etc and not capitulating on the stadium upgrade/move and they'd be in a much stronger position now.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Liverpool's problem is decades of poo poo managers spending a fortune on poo poo players.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Lot 49 posted:

They don't do transfers by committee (at least in the same way) any more. Rodgers has the final say in all transfers.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

They don't do transfers by committee (at least in the same way) any more. Rodgers has the final say in all transfers.

He has always had final say in the transfers ever since the committee was formed. The only thing that changed was apparently Mike Gordon of FSG came in and changed how they communicated so that they would see more eye-to-eye.

Rodgers has done a great job of muddying up the waters when it comes to assigning blame and he's always quick to jump to take credit when things are going well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

Liverpool's problem is decades of poo poo managers spending a fortune on poo poo players.

Yeah this is basically what it boils down to.

In saying that we had a great team for a couple of seasons under Rafa. We just can't sustain it.

• Locked thread