Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

archaeo posted:

"Lying by omission" is a completely different thing, though. That's fine. You'll still be called out, as Decrepus said.

I can live with that :)

Yeah, I had heard about modpud, I think someone said something about her in Baudin's LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

She logged into irc under other people's names in order to get their .tells from the bot. Among other things obviously.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Decrepus posted:

She logged into irc under other people's names in order to get their .tells from the bot. Among other things obviously.

That is just hilariously lame and petty for an internet game of idiot pixel men. How sad to need to win so badly.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
You know you can click on the flags in the graphs screen to turn the line for that nation off/on, right?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

GenericOverusedName posted:

You know you can click on the flags in the graphs screen to turn the line for that nation off/on, right?

If you mean me, yes, that's the kind of thing I meant with "carefully doctored".

I'm not a cunning superspy.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
If you're posting graphs and omit your own you've probably got something to hide and I'm not going to trust it very much. If you're posting graphs because "holy poo poo this other dude is huge and we all need to kill him now!" then that should be self-evident even with your own scores on there.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

How are u posted:

That is just hilariously lame and petty for an internet game of idiot pixel men. How sad to need to win so badly.

Don't get me wrong it's hilariously petty, but more in a "lol you dick" sort of way than in this great shuddery sigh of disappointment sort of way

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

you don't understand, cheating at videogames is the greatest crime known to humanity

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
If you aren't willing to impersonate other players on IRC for tactical advantage you're not taking the game seriously and are just wasting the other players time.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
So, how's Deism coming along? I see its gotten to turn 100 and a few deaths.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

I let out a heavy sigh as the hacker used their aimbot to shoot me the second I rounded the hall. Looks like another one is lost forever...

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Speleothing posted:

https://youtu.be/-5YX1NwHPqE?t=1s

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Speleothing posted:

I got to 100 and stopped because work but after work I'll continue screenshotting/turning it over. Knowing the AI it has a good 100 turns left until the end. At this point it looks like it's going to be Caelum or Tien Chi

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I got to 100 and stopped because work but after work I'll continue screenshotting/turning it over. Knowing the AI it has a good 100 turns left until the end. At this point it looks like it's going to be Caelum or Tien Chi

Wonder if the computer can take advantage of how I got my bat/frog men into the ocean. Sounds like no. Too bad.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

you don't understand, cheating at videogames is the greatest crime known to humanity

this but unironically

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Gaghskull posted:

Wonder if the computer can take advantage of how I got my bat/frog men into the ocean. Sounds like no. Too bad.

You have been losing the ocean at random and getting it back. There have been intermittent attacks Pan's earthsnake and Caelum is making literally thousands of pale ones and attacking at random.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

Playing with other people, and in a game that needs several months to complete... not the greatest crime, but it's going pretty low on the scale of humanity.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Caelum is making literally thousands of pale ones

lol

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Nuclearmonkee posted:

You have been losing the ocean at random and getting it back. There have been intermittent attacks Pan's earthsnake and Caelum is making literally thousands of pale ones and attacking at random.

I'll take it. Gath tried since the first year to kill me. Long live the bat people!

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Caelum is making literally thousands of pale ones and attacking at random.

The way the game is meant to be played.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Whelp since I guess Fat Samurai is talking about me I'm just going to leave this here:

Also ask for his research graph, I'm guessing it's pretty good between Forge Bonus, Quills, and Lanterns.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Decrepus posted:

she also ran an aimbot in co-operative ARMA3 in order to get like 10x everyone else's kills so she could demand all the top-tier equipment in a persistent campaign lmao

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Luceid posted:

she also ran an aimbot in co-operative ARMA3 in order to get like 10x everyone else's kills so she could demand all the top-tier equipment in a persistent campaign lmao

I thought she did that in MechWarrior Online, or did she do that too?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
http://webmshare.com/dXK7r
I wish we could do more than 5 scripts

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

fool_of_sound posted:

I thought she did that in MechWarrior Online, or did she do that too?

yeah, the same aimbot software ('helios') works across a pretty wide range of games. she climbed to the top of the competitive scene in MWO with the help of it. that said MWO is such a loving easy game populated by total retards that you can be competitive as long as you scrape together a team of people who dont have parkinsons so its kind of a wasted effort imo

anyway i'm going to take the plunge into a newbie EA game soon and i can't wait to gently caress everything up and lose. it's going to be epic

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

amuayse posted:

http://webmshare.com/dXK7r
I wish we could do more than 5 scripts

I'm thinking now how high are his magic path to be able to cast all that poo poo and not fall unconscious.
edit: magic is powerful in Dominions, but in reality in Overlord MMO is even more OP. From path 1 to 10, I would say Ainz magic is around level 15.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Sep 23, 2015

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Speaking of newbie games, if you're a newbie and interested in a game then post in here so I can get a numbers check. I know we've got one or two but I don't know if we have enough for a full newbie game yet.

You're a newbie if you have 1-2 completed games under your belt and are in a maximum of two games currently. Dom3 experience still disqualifies you. If you haven't played in a *very* long time -and- don't have a ton of experience but are over my game limits, we'll talk (but post anyways).

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Decrepus posted:

Among the many reasons why you should always idle in IRC.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

BurntCornMuffin posted:

And answer your tells.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Try hard :butt:

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

ChickenWing posted:

Speaking of newbie games, if you're a newbie and interested in a game then post in here so I can get a numbers check. I know we've got one or two but I don't know if we have enough for a full newbie game yet.

You're a newbie if you have 1-2 completed games under your belt and are in a maximum of two games currently. Dom3 experience still disqualifies you. If you haven't played in a *very* long time -and- don't have a ton of experience but are over my game limits, we'll talk (but post anyways).

Hey, I was in dom3 a long time ago but never grew out of the Newbie phase there. Been in three dom4 games so far, one which didn't make it past the first year, a ongoing random game, and the one where I learned never to trust goon advice.

Please let me in? I'm still sufficiently terrible at this game.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Krysmphoenix posted:

Hey, I was in dom3 a long time ago but never grew out of the Newbie phase there. Been in three dom4 games so far, one which didn't make it past the first year, a ongoing random game, and the one where I learned never to trust goon advice.

Please let me in? I'm still sufficiently terrible at this game.

I think I can let you in because I was some of the goon advice :shobon:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Turin Turambar posted:

I'm thinking now how high are his magic path to be able to cast all that poo poo and not fall unconscious.
edit: magic is powerful in Dominions, but in reality in Overlord MMO is even more OP. From path 1 to 10, I would say Ainz magic is around level 15.

Well he also has access to the best items in the game even if his build isn't that good

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
:ohdear: I'm tempted to play a game of maps again.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

Throwing my hat in. 25 hours of Dom4, all of it single player. I don't have a favorite nation or any cool strategies. My pretenders are whatever looks cool and I usually can't bring myself to take negative scales of any sort. My battle strategies are attack closest unless you fly, then attack rear. You mage guys can cast whatever the gently caress you want, there's only two or three of you anyway. I don't like using animal units because it pains me when they get hurt and cry out. My province defense didn't do poo poo at 30, surely if I bump it up to 40 I'll be safe.

I know a lot of what I do wrong in this game, I just can't quite figure out how to do it right.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

i'm about to enter a newbie game somewhere else as EA vanheim, any hints would be appreciated because their poo poo is all expensive and i'd hate to find out i was buying the wrong unit/commander for 50 turns straight

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

It's bee a while since this has been asked: the only thing that influences siege power (beside strength and specific siege abilities) is that mindless units defense strength is 10% of the usual, right? Animal tag doesn't matter at all.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

ChickenWing posted:

I am crap and think I played a game once?

I'll play! I have no idea what i'm doing.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Luceid posted:

i'm about to enter a newbie game somewhere else as EA vanheim, any hints would be appreciated because their poo poo is all expensive and i'd hate to find out i was buying the wrong unit/commander for 50 turns straight

Mash "N" before you end your turn to make sure you don't leave commanders doing nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Luceid posted:

Take good money scales since elf nations are expensive. A bless is good but optional
Research evocation for storm+thunderstrike.
Take construction early on to forge quills and later to kit out your pony thugs and cloud trapeze into enemy provinces
Eventually get into blood magic using Sanguine Dousing Rods on your Vanjarls so you can summon tons and tons of storm demons. Ideally you want to mix these guys with Corpse Constructs so you get a robust electric shield to complement your electric artillery of bloodlust boosted storm demons and Vanjarls

• Locked thread