Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I am totally OK with Toriko characters dying; we have so many already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Milksteak posted:

Thought it was kind of weird for Jiji to say all the blue nitro can't stop Acacia. Why would they want to? Isn't their entire existence to revive him?

He's saying that even a team-up of all the strongest people in the world wouldn't be able to stop such a monster.

Simoom
Nov 30, 2009

glassyalabolas posted:

Does anyone not want to talk about how Acacia is eating the blue Nitros all chill and poo poo?

its really awesome. This manga does the ridiculous twists a lot better than any other shonen I've seen. Even One Piece, the big reveals always feel like they were sort of planned and cleverly hidden, whereas here it just feels like he is throwing stuff against the wall and just going all-out and that makes for a really exciting story! Between the Acacia stuff recently and the end of chapter reveal here, this is my favourite manga.

Even the death fakeouts stopped being annoying and started being sort of self aware and funny. I vaguely remember being annoyed at the Teppei decapitation one, but now I smile every time Komatsu gets stabbed in the heart. It's such a good manga.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Was it ever mentioned before that Jirou used knocking on himself as a limiter because I don't remember that part if it was mentioned. :stare:

Its mentioned that Acacia sealed him

And drat, I don't even remember Don Slime, I gotta reread the newer stuff

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Terror Sweat posted:

Its mentioned that Acacia sealed him

And drat, I don't even remember Don Slime, I gotta reread the newer stuff

He's the ruler of the crazy cooking town in a big clam that all the chefs are in right now.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Also I guess none of the chefs who defected to Neo are actually evil, just infected with brain parasites?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Shugojin posted:

He's the ruler of the crazy cooking town in a big clam that all the chefs are in right now.

But he was also living inside Ichiryuu for the past 200 years? Has he only been king for like 6 months or something? I dont really get this food spirit stuff

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Maybe maybe not.
Zaus might not be but that frog tongue guy and the time spider might genuinely be evil.

Since they look freaky.
And looking freaky in toriko means you a bad guy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the spider guy was hinted at being evil back in the 4 beasts or whatever it was called arc

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

But he was also living inside Ichiryuu for the past 200 years? Has he only been king for like 6 months or something? I dont really get this food spirit stuff

Oh yeah I absolutely don't understand it either but I can't look away.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Shugojin posted:

Oh yeah I absolutely don't understand it either but I can't look away.

the running theme for toriko is "i don't understand it but okay"

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

dragon enthusiast posted:

the running theme for toriko is "i don't understand it but hahaha that was loving awesome"

I think this is generally more applicable, given Toriko's energy level and content.

Selane
May 19, 2006

I'm glad it turns out Zaus and co were secretly being mind controlled by Joa. Because I thought it was kind of dumb back when NEO was revealed that it turned out that like 90% of all characters had been double agents the entire time.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

What happened to the cooking contest inside the clam.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

the spider guy was hinted at being evil back in the 4 beasts or whatever it was called arc

Yeah spider guy was the one who revived the Four Beast so he's pretty unambiguously evil.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
How can you not love a manga where a character punches his enemy into space, then says "It looks like things are getting serious, I better undo the limits on my battle ability."

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

RatHat posted:

Yeah spider guy was the one who revived the Four Beast so he's pretty unambiguously evil.

It's fine, no one is immune to Komatsu's harem powers.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RatHat posted:

He is also one of the 4 Living National Treasures. Anyway he may not be truly evil. He may be one of the many that got slashed by Joie and fell under his/her (I am really not sure) control.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

Ichi only got killed recently and aren't they in Spirit World now?

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

DiggityDoink posted:

I really do hope we get to see Ichiryu again, we didn't get to see enough of him fighting.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Pewdiepie posted:

What happened to the cooking contest inside the clam.

We needed setup to show that the cooking king is the strongest being there is

DiggityDoink posted:

Thats what I'm saying. How can he be the king if he was Ichi's food stand? Unless the spirits can do whatever the gently caress they want in spirit world until they are summoned by their host. Or was he released by Ichi's death and has been king for only two years

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Terror Sweat posted:

We needed setup to show that the cooking king is the strongest being there is

Thats what I'm saying. How can he be the king if he was Ichi's food stand? Unless the spirits can do whatever the gently caress they want in spirit world until they are summoned by their host. Or was he released by Ichi's death and has been king for only two years

I think he dropped Don Slime off when he first came to town.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I think he dropped Don Slime off when he first came to town.

I think the don's been around longer then that. "Ichi was the only guy stronger than the don"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Awakened Jirou.... Holy hell! Also the Blue Nitro... Might be good guys?!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Linking is good for the soul dammit

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

This manga is hosed up and incredible.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Should be noted that Air the Nitro that got killed by Neo was the Blue Nitro that killed Ichiryuu.

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Awakened Jirou.... Holy hell! Also the Blue Nitro... Might be good guys?!

Everyone will unite with the power of friendship to be good guys all along.

I'm hoping for Komatsu vs Acacia final boss fight.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
poo poo just got real, then it got a whole lot real-er, then holy loving poo poo.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
What is even going on? I'm so confused.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So their plan is literally "sealed evil in a can"?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Komatsu found the can didn't he?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its a 50/50 toss up between toriko's second demon winning the fight or komatsu saving him with cooking

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

No joke I'm thinking it's more 20/80.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

He's going to power him up with the might of better cooking, better than all other cooking, that he learned from the 980 million side characters. And it's going to make sense, somehow.

Also I am seriously impressed with the art in this chapter.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

glassyalabolas posted:

Komatsu found the can didn't he?

Yeah, it was a quick panel a little while back

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do you remember the chapter? I don't remember that.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

AtomikKrab posted:

So their plan is literally "sealed evil in a can"?

When they cook the galaxy into a pizza they are totally gonna use it as a topping and its gonna be totally delicious

Andarel
Aug 4, 2015

RatHat posted:

Do you remember the chapter? I don't remember that.

During the maze exploration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I wonder if the golden can is related to the golden cookware Joa has.

• Locked thread