Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Im sorta relieved that 2K isnt trying to claim that the graphics are "next gen" like last year because they still look like dog poo poo but hey they're being honest about it.

Also, can my Terminator be naked? I hope he's swinging massive dong and balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

According to the GameFly ad for WWE 2K16 there are three reasons you should play it.

1. 120 characters pre-DLC! That's pretty rad!
2. Tornado tag matches! Oh.
3. 2v3 matches! Oh.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I want 2v2v2 tornado tags back. Those were some of the most fun I ever had in the yukes WWE games

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

remusclaw posted:

I want 2v2v2 tornado tags back. Those were some of the most fun I ever had in the yukes WWE games

Have I got great news for you about WWE 2K18!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I wouldn't bet on it, I think they were taken out around ten years ago now.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
What is it about all the characters having dead eyes? Or almost like a blind person has those glazed over eyes. Austin looks so strange.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They've gone for the Roman Reigns Wearing Contact Lenses aesthetic

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

simosimo posted:

What is it about all the characters having dead eyes? Or almost like a blind person has those glazed over eyes. Austin looks so strange.

It's called the uncanny valley. It's impressive that they managed to pull it off considering their models look so lovely but here we are

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
It's also like they have no skin texture, and just like a basic specular map on all the models

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

According to the GameFly ad for WWE 2K16 there are three reasons you should play it.

1. 120 characters pre-DLC! That's pretty rad!
2. Tornado tag matches! Oh.
3. 2v3 matches! Oh.

Who the hell was clamouring for more types of handicap match?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I don't know. I do know that they've been in like every wrestling game since the Genesis/SNES except 2K15, and now they are lauded as new features. It seems bad to me.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

I've never understood why you're limited to the lovely match types they think of. Let me have a 2 vs 3 elimination HIAC first blood match, dammit. Although presumably the engine is held together with string, so it would fall over on anything they haven't specifically tested.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Genericide posted:

tested.
Ah, an optimist.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
There is still code from the first smackdown game in it. Hell I think the code in Jerichos titantron is actual code from the game.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/deathtoallmarks/status/646876138766209024

Stunning

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

Advanced Goiter Technology

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I kinda like the fact that they never remove or update things. It lets me keep giving my CAWs the Elijah Express as a finisher despite there being no reason for that move being in any of the last 10 games!

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I kinda like the fact that they never remove or update things. It lets me keep giving my CAWs the Elijah Express as a finisher despite there being no reason for that move being in any of the last 10 games!

Only the last 7, thank you. Burke was the main antagonist for CM Punk in 09.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

It's worked for Namco in the past. They rarely update move animations in Tekken.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

projecthalaxy posted:

I kinda like the fact that they never remove or update things.
Well you must have been doubly pissed at last year's game.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The oldest stuff isn't even the worst looking animations. The worst stuff comes from WWE 2011. That's when we got all sorts of stuff with no selling and stiff animations like the flip piledriver, the no drop high cross, and almost all the basic top rope dives we still have.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It looks like he's got the mother of all double chins.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This is pretty neat:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Neat. I was wondering what they would be doing for the period not-WWF portions of it.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
My Career mode trailer. Sounds good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBuDQUINZBY

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Well now, that looks a load more interesting than yelled at by fat man simulator 2k15. Any news on a PC release date yet?

Mayostard
Apr 21, 2007

In the Chamber of Understanding

Shima Honnou posted:

Well now, that looks a load more interesting than yelled at by fat man simulator 2k15. Any news on a PC release date yet?

They haven't announced it, but I am willing to bet that, if last year's game sold decently, it should hit Steam in late April/early May.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

This looks really cool! the menus and stuff remind me of the UFC games, which I suppose is exactly what an in-kayfabe WWE simulator should be. Giving interviews and stuff seems cool, and there's no Bill DeMott! I wonder if you can play as a lady.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

projecthalaxy posted:

I wonder if you can play as a lady.

*Renee approaches you for a post match interview after your altercation with The Bella Twins*

"What do you have to say after what just happened to you back there?"

A) "Ugh, I hate those bitches! They're prettier than me!"

B) "Ugh, I hate those bitches! They're more popular than me!"

C) [PG RESPONSE] "Ugh, I hate those Bees! They are better Sports Entertainers than me!"

D) "Thank you Stephanie McMahon for this opportunity!"

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I kinda love the literal 'Make Way New Stars' Kane and Big Show beat down

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

those graphics aren't forgivable for ps4/xbone standards.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

This looks really cool! the menus and stuff remind me of the UFC games, which I suppose is exactly what an in-kayfabe WWE simulator should be. Giving interviews and stuff seems cool, and there's no Bill DeMott! I wonder if you can play as a lady.

No.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I hope they have scenes where they say creative has nothing for you and makes you wear a Royal Rumble t-shirt and say a dumb catchphrase all the time while you get jobbed out to The Miz.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

minoru suzuki posted:

those graphics aren't forgivable for ps4/xbone standards.

cross generation development this far into the generation is doing a lot more harm than good.

people who still expect their PS3 and 360 to be getting games that aren't EA sports yearly updates need to go buy a PS4 already.

e: MyCareer sounds like a fun little mode but why limit it to 15 years? Just let it go forever if you want to play one forever.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 24, 2015

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I hope at some point they do a Monday Night Wars mode so I can play as Sting and get buried by Hogan and bad booking and then disappear for 15 years before coming back and then dying.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The hit detection's definitely improved. I like the Mass Effect style promo bits, as long as they have actual repercussions.

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope they have scenes where they say creative has nothing for you and makes you wear a Royal Rumble t-shirt and say a dumb catchphrase all the time while you get jobbed out to The Miz.
This would actually be a fun feature if they only did this when your matches sucked and you can't pop the crowd, and then you had to pitch new ideas to creative.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Huh, so the MyCareer we were meant to have in 15? Cool. That does sound fun.

I like having basically social links with other wrestlers and being able to gently caress around with post match stuff. Also the run in stuff looks interesting, there was a whole menu in the corner there of poo poo to pull. I wanna play a weasel shitbag heel who just fucks with everyone.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Plus since it's a 2K game you can do run ins and then send passive-aggressive tweets to William Regal about the fact that you did run ins.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

projecthalaxy posted:

Plus since it's a 2K game you can do run ins and then send passive-aggressive tweets to William Regal about the fact that you did run ins.

If there's an option to troll people on twitter it's my GOTY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

If there's an option to troll people on twitter it's my GOTY.

There is in NBA 15's myPlayer mode so I don't see why not. Beg for pushes! Taunt your rivals! Call the Big Show the Big Slow!