Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Hellsau posted:

No it is 1000x1000. It is 500m west, 500m east, 500m north and 500m south. It is a 1000m^2 box with you in the center. It'll switch to an actual circle with a radius next patch unless WG fucks up, making it much easier to describe to ignorant shithead pubbies.

Did you flunk kindergarten math or did you just recently bump your head? First of all, you're the center of a 500m x 500m boxDisregard my head is broken today, 1000x1000, the diagonal of which is 1414m, hence seeing things further away diagonally. But, 500m x 500m = 250000m^2, not loving 1000m^2, you multiply not add. So 1000m x 1000m is 1,000,000m^2

Valle fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

We don't like hellsau for his math.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Honestly buffing the T23 pen a little is not going to do much to make it not a totally worthless tank. They should just put up and give it the 90mm gun, even if it lost pref MM.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
Goons trying to do math this should be interesting. We cant even keep TS going or join the chat chan someone already created in the game.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

BadLlama posted:

We don't like hellsau

but at least he's not zombie lenin

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

So you lose 143m of view range in the corners, but gain 64m at the sides. This will change how I CHAI snipe.

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Descar posted:

Warning

The Tier 8 Japanese Heavy is very terrible..

Its slow, Huge, poorly armored against what it meets. and both guns you can choose are terrible at tier. you can either have max 215pen which will gently caress you up against t9 - t10 or you can derp away With a KV-2 gun like a real pubbie. Your basically the target of every gun that sees you, and arty loves you for being such a huge target/pinata of HP to smack. did i mention that you also lose all Your depression you had from eariler tanks.

due to terrible performance With the first gun, im just derping my way through the grind to t9 lol, i think this is my first time i picked a derp gun over anything else.

tier 5-7 are awsome and almost OP doh, but the t8 will smack you in the face when you get there.

edit:
just looked through all the tier 8 tanks, i think this one comes out as the worst tier 8 ingame atm.

Yeah I just finished going through the O-Ho. I kinda really warmed up to it at the end cause being such a flat armoured, derp firing, barn sized heavy. It had no right to be good at all. And yet somehow it worked?

While the armour was flat, it was also unified so a great amount of people would be shooting the small turrets and hatches, not thinking they where the strongest part of the tank. This can apply to all tiers, though rarer when your facing a tier 10. The Derp gun should not be working in those matches too, but when you come around a corner and somehow do 400 damage reliably against E100 turret fronts while they with impunity shoot HEAT back at your heavily angled tank. Of cause its not always like this as you are a slow tank and you hate big open maps with a passion.

Getting the Type 4 really put me back for abit, since until this point these heavies have had unified armour values, the Type 4 is the first tank to have weakspots other tanks can shoot at the front.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Valle posted:

Did you flunk kindergarten math or did you just recently bump your head? First of all, you're the center of a 500m x 500m boxDisregard my head is broken today, 1000x1000, the diagonal of which is 1414m, hence seeing things further away diagonally. But, 500m x 500m = 250000m^2, not loving 1000m^2, you multiply not add. So 1000m x 1000m is 1,000,000m^2

I never was good at algebra. So you could you just say that 1000m x 1000m = 1000^2 meters? aka I put the "m" in the wrong place?

Also this is really dumb why would you even post this it's a box with 1000 meters on each side now and it's being changed into something that makes sense instead of the complete insanity of having a square render distance but circular spotting and max spotting distances.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Hellsau posted:

Oh hey 0.10.0 patch notes. The goods:

Go gently caress yourself Wargaming. The FVs didn't need a nerf, and the 220 did not need a buff. What the christ. And I'm really hoping that the Russian playerbase makes a colossal shitstorm about emblems and flags effecting crew skill, because I really don't need more pay to win horseshit that also increases the amount of time I need to spend in garage minorly tweaking poo poo.

We're never getting the Chieftain.

The what the gently caress:

lol 40% fire chance. I also was under the impression that newbies fought against bots already. Speaking of which you can buy cheap gold on Hellsau.com/wotgoldnotscam! 20000 gold for 20$ paypal!
if we're still getting bigger maps, oughtn't they have bigger render range? the change from 1,000,000 area to 999,328 total as a circle or whatever a) seriously shakes up the meta for everything and b) has me thinking there's an infrastructural rather than simply coding limit to the render area.

So I guess this also means big maps are way off given this is also going to be an engine patch (might we have to wait for the next one?), which is hosed because mediums seem to be meta right now and I am invested in that. I am also emotionally invested in blapping wehraboo shitters in bachstanks from 1.4k away in '60s MBTs, and this is an opportunity they are throwing away to bring that closer to reality.

I look forward to decals and emblems being something that ever more heavily favors bittervets who bother reading. And ending up with one or two useful setups for each purpose. Imbecilic, especially considering one can't have multiples of the same vehicle. If any of them increases view range or rate of fire I will crap myself in rage.

:goonsay:

This game was initially advertised on the grounds that it didn't have the AoE magical spammy nonsense from other MMOs so beloved of the asian markets. Having to decide whether to waste a slot on an ineffectual wet ammo rack in vehicles like the E8 that had them factory installed historically, or "morale effects" from vents/fume extractors is bad enough.

There have to be irate russnerd threads on this topic already, can EnsignExpendable keep us updated?

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
Well i wouldnt expect bigger maps anytime soon seeing how the like next 5 maps are all "historical" city maps. Meanwhile removing more and more open maps.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Both Berlin and Paris look abysmal.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
#OnlyVorkThings

So yeah, hit dectors. They are awesome.

http://gfycat.com/RealisticAncientJabiru

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/2171833

Note; I was 100% stuck until I killed him.

Skulls for the Skull Throne.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/465130-patch-1000-flags-and-camo-value-question/

here we go, people are asking for russian translation of screenshots from the test client. halp

Flags and emblems do indeed seem to buff major qualification by 101%, so bia + vents + max skills will now be 122% instead of 121%, all before food. If you spend, what, 30 gold per tier 10 vehicle (15g for any flag on a hundo). gently caress off WG.

Prav posted:

Both Berlin and Paris look abysmal.

and you can choose to go to the part the most of the map that requires no understanding of hull down at all! yay!

Fronkey
Oct 20, 2008
Can someone explain this poo poo to me?

I was tracking a tank (proximity spotting?) through solid rock. As he came around the corner - to a point where my crew would be able to see him directly through line of sight - he loving disappears.

This loving game.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I think playing arty is actually more frustrating than getting shot by it.

Don't think I'll be bothering with future arty missions.

MY DEAD GAY FORUM
Jun 3, 2014

Fronkey posted:

Can someone explain this poo poo to me?

I was tracking a tank (proximity spotting?) through solid rock. As he came around the corner - to a point where my crew would be able to see him directly through line of sight - he loving disappears.

This loving game.

This game is poo poo, there is the explanation.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

CODChimera posted:

On the other hand this means doing light tank missions.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I played 10 matches tonight. I got Malinovka 3 times, Fiery Salient 3 times, El Halluf twice, Steppes once, and some other shitbox map. Why do I play this game anymore? One good map out of 10? gently caress me.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Sep 25, 2015

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

mmkay posted:

On the other hand this means doing light tank missions.

I love lights and mediums. I completed the first set of missions for them + bonuses aaaaaaages ago. Still haven't finished SPG-15...

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Hellsau posted:

I never was good at algebra. So you could you just say that 1000m x 1000m = 1000^2 meters? aka I put the "m" in the wrong place?

Also this is really dumb why would you even post this it's a box with 1000 meters on each side now and it's being changed into something that makes sense instead of the complete insanity of having a square render distance but circular spotting and max spotting distances.

Heh, you could say that but yeah. As for render range being a circle since spotting range is a circle, yeah that totally makes sense. Except it wasn't for 4 loving years for some reason. The current square model lets you do poo poo like sit in the middle of Prokhorovka and shoot anything spotted anywhere on the map (more or less, not southeast corner and possibly not northeast, but still). That poo poo will now go out the window, from that position you'll not see the campers in NW or SW corner if they're spotted. It'll be a change, that's for sure.

Do however note that they're keeping the actual area nearly the same, hence the weird number 564m. As we kinda agreed up above the current is 1000x1000 = 1,000,000m^2 right? Well area of a circle is π x r^2, r here being 564m. So 564 x 564 x π = 999,328m^2. If they'd upped it to 565m we'd get 1,002,874m^2 and that would've increased the rendering area, which we clearly can't have. (Probably to keep slowdowns on old pc's to a minimum, same reason we're not getting Havok.)

Valle fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Sep 25, 2015

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

CODChimera posted:

53/55 is all you need to know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7h3BiRoxN4

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

CODChimera posted:

I love lights and mediums. I completed the first set of missions for them + bonuses aaaaaaages ago. Still haven't finished SPG-15...
Oh don't get me wrong, playing lights/mediums is very much fun. It's the completion of missions that's really loving frustrating and dumb.
The later sets of missions require you playing on one of three maps, where the enemy team is dumb enough to sit in the open and while getting shot by your teammates, who in turn have to be both dumb enough to sit far enough back where you get the spotting damage and smart enough to actually left click before the enemy team slowly waddles to your position. Also you'll have to make sure the other lights on your team won't be doing the same thing, sharing the spotting. Which they will be doing since, again, there are only like 3 maps where you can complete the missions in.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Do I really want to try to grind the brit heavy line to get the presumably free tier 8 tank? How much time is left to grind the XP?

The answers are yes for now, and not enough time because I've been slacking off and avoiding playing the line.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
drat, had stopped playing this game for nearly a month.

But that completely called for kv-220 buff is pretty tempting.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

I am legitimately triggered by your carousel mod.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Sadly I'm miles away from that. Got the T8 French one and for some reason the T9 Russian one(they must've changed them around at some point).

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Am... Am I reading this right? The KV-220 is getting an armor buff?

hahahahahaha

I solo pub a loving 75% win rate in that thing (over 80+ games) and I'm a trash 1700 wn8 player, its already ludicrously overpowered. Wargaming is severely retarded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WHBO_Qc-Q

Descar posted:

Warning

The Tier 8 Japanese Heavy is very terrible..

Its slow, Huge, poorly armored against what it meets. and both guns you can choose are terrible at tier. you can either have max 215pen which will gently caress you up against t9 - t10 or you can derp away With a KV-2 gun like a real pubbie. Your basically the target of every gun that sees you, and arty loves you for being such a huge target/pinata of HP to smack. did i mention that you also lose all Your depression you had from eariler tanks.

due to terrible performance With the first gun, im just derping my way through the grind to t9 lol, i think this is my first time i picked a derp gun over anything else.

tier 5-7 are awsome and almost OP doh, but the t8 will smack you in the face when you get there.

edit:
just looked through all the tier 8 tanks, i think this one comes out as the worst tier 8 ingame atm.

Also this is very accurate.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

RandomPauI posted:

Do I really want to try to grind the brit heavy line to get the presumably free tier 8 tank? How much time is left to grind the XP?

Aren't you thinking of the medium line? You probably won't get a free prem either way, but UK meds are good and fun.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I was thinking of the medium line. The worst part is I went back and ninja edited it to heavy thinking that I had to have had it wrong.

Also, I can't sleep, which means now is perfect to kill time with tanks. It's also the perfect time for them to do their weekly scheduled maintenance. Sigh.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

A guy in battle asks about the Japanese heavies. I say the tier 5-6 are kinda good, but the top tiers not so much cause everyone will load gold and they're huge. 19k 46% dude with 44% in his ISU-152 says that nah, all the Japanaese heavies are really OP. I point out his bad stats and how they go together with his bad opinions. He gets mad and starts talking in allchat about what an idiot I am. Meanwhile the 47% STB-1 on our team (who has said this is his very first battle in the thing) starts literally pushing my 13 90 around. I talk some poo poo about him as well, and shoot near him to see if...yes! He shoots me back. Talk more poo poo. He shoots me again...and again, I die. He turns blue and stops moving. BANNED. Cue the ISU laughing and claiming justice has been served, and the STB's platoonmate agreeing. Rest of the battle is spent with those two trying to convince each other that I'm somehow angry over the outcome.

Terrible loss of course, but at the same time the biggest win of the entire day. Every time you get a shitter to get himself autobanned is a win in my book!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

quote:

28 vehicles remodelled to HD: KV-220 (renamed to KV-220-2), KV-1, 212A, IS-8 (renamed to Т-10), Marder 38T, Sturmpanzer I Bison, G.Pz.Mk.VI (e), Pz.Kpfw. 38 (t) n.A., Wespe, VK 20.01 (D), Pz.Kpfw. II, Grille, Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf. J, Tiger II, Pz.Kpfw. S35 739 (f), 8,8 cm Pak 43 Jagdtiger, Jagdpanther II, T2 Medium Tank, M2 Мedium tank, M3 Stuart, M7, T34, AMX 12t, AMX AC mle. 46., Vickers Medium Mk.III, Matilda, Loyd Gun Carriage, Covenanter.

Still no HD Luchs. Worst patch.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Matchmaker makes it so the vehicles of the same type never differ by one on opposing teams right?

So is the KV-220 T matched with KV-220's or only other KV-220 T's?

If it's the latter, then that's pretty great. Pretty much no chance of the other team having an equal tank.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Bort Bortles posted:

I played 10 matches tonight. I got Malinovka 3 times, Fiery Salient 3 times, El Halluf twice, Steppes once, and some other shitbox map. Why do I play this game anymore? One good map out of 10? gently caress me.

I would murder a whole camp of hobos for this map rotation. I have been trying to do LT-15 for approximately forever and have seen Fiery/Prok exactly 3 times while driving lights. They show up regularly in my heavies, of course. I really think there is a hidden trigger in the missions to give you nothing but poo poo maps/tiers when you are on a mission. I am trying to do the secondary on an arty mission where I have to kill 3 tanks higher tier than me. Pretty much insures that I get top tier constantly. Nice for my toonmates, but goddamned annoying for me.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Bleremiah posted:

Matchmaker makes it so the vehicles of the same type never differ by one on opposing teams right?

nope

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

Yes.
http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Vehicle_Weight

Under Special Restrictions:
"The number of the same vehicle on opposing teams cannot differ by more than 1, except when the vehicles are in a platoon."

frood fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Sep 25, 2015

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
that restriction is violated fairly often

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

It's probably the first one the MM ignores when it's having trouble. Still, its not supposed to do it.

I mean, standard MM isn't supposed to do, f. ex., 1 SPG vs 2 tank battles either but I've had a couple of those.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The time after campaigns with count ins were the best of times. Especially the Ammorack907.

Sadly, that also meant you did the campaign(s).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

Jack_tripper posted:

that restriction is violated fairly often

Yeah I actually had a post typed up that said "MM doesn't give a gently caress who you are or what you're driving it just finds vehicles of appropriate tier for the battle and makes the weights on the teams even-ish and kinda balances arty" but apparently that's wrong. That's what it feels like though.