Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Constant Hamprince posted:

yosposters love gamergate because it's proof that they are not literally the most pitiful form of human life in existence, if only by a razor-thin margin
lol @ the projecting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

yosposters love gamergate because it's proof that they are not literally the most pitiful form of human life in existence, if only by a razor-thin margin

Space-Pope posted:

lol @ the projecting
Again https://vine.co/v/ePY7XLqrrZZ

Also seriouspost this UN Women Report is basically what they're all so mad about : http://www.unwomen.org/~/media/headquarters/attachments/sections/library/publications/2015/cyber_violence_gender%20report.pdf

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 24, 2015

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Omg yesss

quote:

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate will include the long-running series' first transgender character.

A trans male, Ned Wynert is one of several supporting characters that act as quest givers for Syndicate's protagonists, Jacob and Evie Fry.

Ubisoft has also updated Assassin's Creed's standard opening statement, present since the series' inception, which explains that each game was "designed, developed and produced by a multicultural team of various religious faiths and beliefs."

Syndicate now opens with the text: "Inspired by historical events and characters, this work of fiction was designed, developed, and produced by a multicultural team of various beliefs, sexual orientations and gender identities."

It would be easy to assume that the inclusion of a transgender character was a quick reaction to last year's PR troubles, that the character was created just to tick a box.

But from the two sequences of Syndicate's story that were available to play, it's important to note that Wynert's story does not involve his gender and, in the scenes we saw, is not even remarked upon. Wynert has also not featured in any marketing to date.

Asked about the series' changed opening statement, Côté said that the move to update it had come "from a discussion with the team".

"It felt like when we first wrote that for AC1 it was something that was very inclusive. But I've had the chance to work with more than 12 different writers on Syndicate. At one point, one approached me and said that we were not embracing diversity fully enough.

"I had reviewed all our crowd dialogue, I was happy with our two protagonists, but they were talking about the statement at the beginning of the game - that it was exclusive of some people. So I asked for them to propose a new statement," Côté explained.

As for the character of Wynert, Côté added that he wanted players to meet the character and form an opinion themselves, but that he was an accurate reflection of "the Victorian era".

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lol

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"It would be easy to assume that the inclusion of a transgender character was a quick reaction to last year's PR troubles, that the character was created just to tick a box.

But from the two sequences of Syndicate's story that were available to play, it's important to note that Wynert's story does not involve his gender and, in the scenes we saw, is not even remarked upon. "

"but"?

lord of the files
Sep 4, 2012

Cardboard Box A posted:

https://vine.co/v/ePY7XLqrrZZ

I guess if you were going to ask someone to make a L4D clone slated for release in the year of our lord 2016 then you couldn't ask for better devs than the ones who made LEAD AND GOLD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBu9smzmbBw

L4D clone that's got an actual pvp system that's kind of neat and has parkour would be dying light, good sir.

i could be biased though because leaping off a bridge and throwing grenades on super vampire alien zombies is kind of cool.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

will they have a sword cane

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
how does it smell for this to be the big ticket item in an rear end creed this holiday season

cheevo gained token status

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

someone join my fireteam

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

okay, serious question here.

i'm only now playing the borderlands games and i think they are very good. in particular i'm impressed that everybody just sort of fucks whomever they want and it's not treated as anything unique in the game and also that i don't remember any sort of self-masturbatory press releases or marketing about that.

were there self-masturbatory press releases for borderlands about how all sorts of characters unremarkably gay or bi or whatever?

because if there's anything that screams boardroom tokenism

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

duTrieux. posted:

i'm only now playing the borderlands games and i think they are very good. in particular i'm impressed that everybody just sort of fucks whomever they want and it's not treated as anything unique in the game and also that i don't remember any sort of self-masturbatory press releases or marketing about that.

were there self-masturbatory press releases for borderlands about how all sorts of characters unremarkably gay or bi or whatever?

https://www.google.com/search?q=borderlands+tiny+tina+racist

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

this was a good enough excuse to beat the piss out of my cousins, serves them right for being born and raised in the ghetto

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

duTrieux. posted:

not really. i think it only came up in interviews with the writers or whatever

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

duTrieux. posted:

anthony birch was one of the writers in borderlands 2. he, in order

- pressured his wife into an open relationship
- proceeded to fail miserably at finding anyone willing to gently caress him, unlike said wife
- eventually turned prison gay out of desperation (to no avail)
- was divorced by said wife, who had found someone better

the relationships of the characters in borderlands 2 are essentially anthony burch's attempts to gently caress vicariously through npcs

video games

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
um, what about a little old thing called "the death of the author"

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

dark souls is a story about gods tapping mankind for metaphysical crude oil, holding their collective sanity hostage until somebody steps up through their obstacle course challenge so impregnated with the stuff drained from their failed peers that they can serve as the sole log on the fire that fuels the divine standard of living

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
http://www.dota2.com/685

quote:

Techies
Techies' mines are no longer triggered when destroyed
Techies' mines can now be destroyed using Quelling Blade/Battle Fury [?]
Techies' mines now provide 10 Gold for destroying them
Land Mines cooldown and mana cost reduced by 50%
Land Mines damage reduced by 50%
Land Mines no longer have a max count
Land Mines and Stasis Traps no longer block neutral spawns
Land Mines no longer stack exactly on top of each other [?]
gg techies u got nerfed

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

ocelot would never betray big boss

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

anthony birch was one of the writers in borderlands 2. he, in order

- pressured his wife into an open relationship
- proceeded to fail miserably at finding anyone willing to gently caress him, unlike said wife
- eventually turned prison gay out of desperation (to no avail)
- was divorced by said wife, who had found someone better

the relationships of the characters in borderlands 2 are essentially anthony burch's attempts to gently caress vicariously through npcs

video games

everything has a dark side i guess

good for the person who divorced him and found someone better.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

uh

i just thought it was a funny joke, not a Statement

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
when i got to tiny tina i figured i got the bad ending and stopped playing. all the characters were already annoying and then suddenly im getting quests from a 4chan npc

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Golems can no longer be destroyed by Purge

i'll take it

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Triglav posted:

when i got to tiny tina i figured i got the bad ending and stopped playing. all the characters were already annoying and then suddenly im getting quests from a 4chan npc

oh man tiny tina is great

first you help her avenge her parents and then there's an entire expansion where she DM's a fantasy game, it owns

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Golems can no longer be destroyed by Purge

i'll take it

you know who else would've taken it?

that's right. the Warsaw getto ca. January 1943.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
ok. i downloaded the destiny demo. is this shooting supposed to feel good

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
so apparently konami's headquarters is literally on fire?

russian man suspected
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeqLNGAVqK4

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Sandstorm approaching.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
mgs v is so bad that it is literally burning down konami rather than just metaphorically

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Kuvo posted:

hideo will not tolerate failure

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Kuvo posted:

russian man suspected
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeqLNGAVqK4

its office building seppuku

it would rather self-immolate than live with the shame of producing only pachinko machines

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
cgs: annoyed how many times i died trying to extract that guy in mission 20 and it turns out you can't anyway, getting around to embracing the joy of shotguns

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

cities skyline expansion is out btw, adds day/night cycle and fun things (day/night cycle is part of the free patch though)

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if video games didn't exist single, white, boring, men wouldn't have things to bitch about incessantly

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Siljmonster posted:

if video games didn't exist single, white, boring, men wouldn't have things to bitch about incessantly

no

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Man. MGSV Mission 43. I'm pretty drat relieved the rape scene ended up with everyone dead :v:

Also :3:

Dog is co-pilot

I should have played with explosive weapons much sooner.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Sep 25, 2015

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Also :3:

Dog is co-pilot

he does this in Mission 29 too. even D-Dog cannot save Pequod :(

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

thought better of this joke

quiggy fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
all the warhammer 40k rts games (and expansions) are free weekend on steam. i guess i'll finally get to try soulstorm

• Locked thread