Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The comic as a whole is reaching critical anime.

I could really hear that CHUNG! CHUNG! CHUNG! noise on the second row of panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

I think they're taking this children's ball game a little too seriously.

Edit: Watch as specifically hitball is banned forever for the events for game.

VerdantSquire fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 22, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Renaissance Robot posted:

I could really hear that CHUNG! CHUNG! CHUNG! noise on the second row of panels.

I even heard the strangled gasp noise that all anime protagonists make when they're shocked

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Renaissance Robot posted:

This is what I heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bAPlP2HX7o

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'm going to be upset if this costs Jeff his friendship with Cody. He doesn't seem like he has a lot of other friends.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Cody is already aware that Jeff is not himself.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Jeff's slowly spreading vein bulges are becoming more and more gross and dangerous looking. If this was a more serious comic I might expect permanently bodily damage that leaves Jeff as some kind of horribly sick and weak kid. I mean, more so than already.

Either way, looking at HijackJeff makes me physically uncomfortable with those veins. So that's cool.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Mr. Lobe posted:

I'm going to be upset if this costs Jeff his friendship with Cody. He doesn't seem like he has a lot of other friends.

If Hijack/Jeff's plan is still to injure another student, he probably could have done so with that shot at Cody. There must be some part of him that values their friendship enough to simply hit him out instead.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

KittyEmpress posted:

Jeff's slowly spreading vein bulges are becoming more and more gross and dangerous looking. If this was a more serious comic I might expect permanently bodily damage that leaves Jeff as some kind of horribly sick and weak kid. I mean, more so than already.

Either way, looking at HijackJeff makes me physically uncomfortable with those veins. So that's cool.
I think those creepy "veins" might actually be strings. They seem to be showing more and more as Hijack loses his cool.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Well there goes my prediction.

After this is all done, I want to see a side comic that's just some random kid in gym watching all this play out in real time and not anime time.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Have Coach Oop look out at the carnage, shrug, and go back to looking at cute cat pictures on the internet.

Children will be children, after all.

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011
Mmmm what'cha saaaayyyy.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holy poo poo this owns.

FORGE TIME GET HYPED

I'm actually curious if he's the one Hijack is referring to, since he might be aware of Forge in Johnny. Otherwise it seems odd he'd single Johnny out unless he's trying to be in-character as Jeff.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Last Visible Dog posted:

If Hijack/Jeff's plan is still to injure another student, he probably could have done so with that shot at Cody.

Ball hits Cody, you see the neck snap, hear the crack and he drops dead. Everyone can suddenly see ghosts.

The comic is now It Hurts. The ghost apocalypse begins.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dolash posted:

I'm actually curious if he's the one Hijack is referring to, since he might be aware of Forge in Johnny. Otherwise it seems odd he'd single Johnny out unless he's trying to be in-character as Jeff.

It's been pretty strongly hinted at that Hijack is affected by his host's mental state, being in a "bad mood" after hijacking Jeff post-bullying, not wanting to get Jeff in too much trouble, and now, as you say, declaring his hate for Johnny. I'm pretty sure the bond goes both ways to an extent, with Hijack getting feedback from the person he possesses. That's also, as people have been speculating, probably why he didn't use Cody for his "hurt someone playing Hitball" plan; he doesn't want to hurt Jeff's best friend. Or possibly he's so pissed at Johnny and co. he wants it to be them he annihilates, either/or.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Sep 22, 2015

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
It's also possible that being a literal puppetmaster, Hijack hates people who can get others to do what they want through the power of honest bonds and friendship.

shelper
Nov 10, 2005

Something's still wrong with this code

Roland Jones posted:

It's been pretty strongly hinted at that Hijack is affected by his host's mental state, being in a "bad mood" after hijacking Jeff post-bullying, not wanting to get Jeff in too much trouble, and now, as you say, declaring his hate for Johnny. I'm pretty sure the bond goes both ways to an extent, with Hijack getting feedback from the person he possesses. That's also, as people have been speculating, probably why he didn't use Cody for his "hurt someone playing Hitball" plan; he doesn't want to hurt Jeff's best friend. Or possibly he's so pissed at Johnny and co. he wants it to be them he annihilates, either/or.

His first target was Max though. While they're not as close as Jeff and Cody, Jeff definitely likes him.

For as much as its possible to like anyone you know all of... three days? How long has Max been at this school now?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Paranatural's been relatively good about the "just met friends != I would put my life on the line for you without blinking friends" thing, hasn't it?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

shelper posted:

His first target was Max though. While they're not as close as Jeff and Cody, Jeff definitely likes him.

For as much as its possible to like anyone you know all of... three days? How long has Max been at this school now?

Well, Hijack also got to deal with Max as a result of following him to school while possessing that dog, so perhaps he already has his own feelings regarding Max. And/or Jeff might feel a bit resentful towards him for some reason or another, who knows.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

AnonSpore posted:

Paranatural's been relatively good about the "just met friends != I would put my life on the line for you without blinking friends" thing, hasn't it?

Max has been. The others have reacted with slightly more typical anime mannerisms (or animannerisms, if you will). Isaac is, as always, the most egregious case - "We fight as one, brother!" - but also has the most plausible excuse of wanting Max to be his friend before the club gets its hooks into him and he starts treating Isaac like an outsider.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Roland Jones posted:

Well, Hijack also got to deal with Max as a result of following him to school while possessing that dog, so perhaps he already has his own feelings regarding Max. And/or Jeff might feel a bit resentful towards him for some reason or another, who knows.

Jeff was/is definitely disappointed that Max didn't become his good buddy after his first day at school, and I can see how Hijack could twist that feeling to his own ends.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

It's entirely possible that part of Hijack's objective is to seriously harm Max in some way. When he threw the ball that Dimitri ended up blocking, he did say that he was killing two birds with one stone; you could probably interpret that as hitting both Max and Johnny with the same ball.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

why come the little weiner dog didn't get a hijack power up. give me the stout weiner with throbbing veins

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
That's what she s-:commissar:

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I don't think Issac is the most anime character anymore. I think this chapter has saturated the entire comic with enough anime that everyone's tied.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i just feel like hijack's powerup could lead to some tense situations if he ever possesses someone else. i'm practically on my knees begging here for some thick, uncut action from any throbbing member of johnny's crew, or a rock-solid beatdown from a buldging tool

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ditocoaf posted:

I don't think Issac is the most anime character anymore. I think this chapter has saturated the entire comic with enough anime that everyone's tied.

The real test is how much of it wears off once Hitball is over.

Alternatively, isaac isn't playing because a villain has attached him to a diabolical anime machine that siphons the anime out of him and sprays it in the gym in aerosol form. Everybody else's anime is just the sum of what Isaac is capable of.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Makes you wonder what adventure Isaac is going through right now that's even MORE anime than hitball.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Makes you wonder what adventure Isaac is going through right now that's even MORE anime than hitball.

He's currently going through a reenactment of Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
So that's what Isaac's been doing.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I-Zack! :aaaaa:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
And in one simple post, Isaac reasserts his dominance atop the anime food chain.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Kyte posted:

And in one simple post, Isaac reasserts his dominance atop the anime food chain.

Isaac is so anime he creates it.

He has become Weeaboo, destroyer of worlds.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh god, I didn't notice at first but Isaac actually is drawing a gijinka (anthropomorphized version) of the fruit bowl. It even has the bowl itself as a hat. That's amazing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/meanwhile

Jesus Christ, Issac has animevision like the Pyro from TF2.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Oh my god gijinka ahaha

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Pineapple dude with bowl hat, banana scythe and orange/apple necklace.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Arguing with people who'll never read it: yes draw what you like on your own time but in art class your teacher is presumably trying to improve your shading and anatomy etc so doodling anime characters instead of drawing your pineapples is like doing your calculus homework with algebra.

Anyway funny comic and I choose to believe that's literally what Isaac sees on that table.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

That art teacher kinda looks like Professor Trelawney from the Harry Potter movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Splicer posted:

Arguing with people who'll never read it: yes draw what you like on your own time but in art class your teacher is presumably trying to improve your shading and anatomy etc so doodling anime characters instead of drawing your pineapples is like doing your calculus homework with algebra.

Anyway funny comic and I choose to believe that's literally what Isaac sees on that table.

I've seen both sides play out in art classes before. Sometimes the kid with the cat ear hat draws anime for everything, sometimes the teacher just shits on an art style that fits the assignment just because they don't like it. I'm assuming on good faith that Isaac is the former and Teen Zack was the latter.

Speaking of, that art teacher is the best amalgam of every high school art teacher ever.