Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Doctor Cave posted:

Ross Lyon Footy Can't Win Grand Finals

I wonder if a third club will ignore that and make a big money play for him end of this year, with the Freo list now at the end of its rope.

I loving hope not, because we're the only team looking for a coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
In Freo's previous game, Sydney kicked like poo poo. This time Hawthorn kick 15.3

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I don't understand it. How can a coach impart choking to each of his teams? It must be Lyon, the same poo poo happened at the Saints.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

I wonder if a third club will ignore that and make a big money play for him end of this year, with the Freo list now at the end of its rope.

I loving hope not, because we're the only team looking for a coach

Watch your back, Hardwick.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Doctor Cave posted:

Ross Lyon Footy Can't Win Grand Finals

When the game was in the balance freo consistently refused to attack with free players and slowed things down and went with the safe option every time. Ross Lyon football.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Gas

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Duryea has been impressive with his quality.
Shiels was pretty impressive earlier in the match, but he blew that goal.
Burgoyne and Gibson were massive. Just so good.
Frawley held his own against Pavlich. I didn't actually see that coming.
The legal firm of Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis were Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis.

Fyfe was so good, it's unfair that he can be that good ON A BROKEN loving LEG.

Umpiring has been pretty horrific, and while I'm happy that we seemed to get the better of it... god I hope it isn't like this tomorrow.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Heave ho :(

gently caress you Hawthorn seriously gently caress the gently caress off I'm so sick of them.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
Get your hand out of your pocket Bruce

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

WAR FOOT posted:

If the Hawks DO win the Premiership this year, I will sport the smuggest picture of Clarkson or Hodge with text chosen by the thread, until the start of 2016 season.

:ohdear:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Man if the Hawks win the GF they deserved to be looked at amongst the greats, especially now that they're doing it the hard way.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Even if the Eagles lose tomorrow or in the grand final, we weren't really supposed to make it to a prelim in the first place.. Freo however...

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I bloody hate footy and Basil Zemplas.

Give Fyfe a life time contract and captaincy, and Tommy Sheridan a hug.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It was the same at the Saints, Ross backs ordinary users of the ball who can rigidly apply themselves to his system, and when his system inevitably breaks down in the face of superior talent, they lack both the skill and the attacking nous to do anything about it.

A baby ate my dingo
May 12, 2001
I hope they give the umps a security detail on their way home from the game.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
15.4 is a pretty jammy scoreline but I'll take it.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Jesus Christ the level that the triple m commentators slobber on the dicks of hawthorn makes me want to switch to abc Perth for some objectivity

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Check gumtree for bulk GF tickets

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

Diet Crack posted:

Even if the Eagles lose tomorrow or in the grand final, we weren't really supposed to make it to a prelim in the first place.. Freo however...

If the Eagles lose then I hope Boomer kicks 13 and rips Hawthorn apart single handedly.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Zac Dawson is a trash level player and Ross Lyon is a trash level coach. They deserve each other.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
James Frawley to pull a Brian Lake and take Norm home?

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

It was the same at the Saints, Ross backs ordinary users of the ball who can rigidly apply themselves to his system, and when his system inevitably breaks down in the face of superior talent, they lack both the skill and the attacking nous to do anything about it.

This is a perfect summary

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
Just a reminder that if West Coast win, the Hawks will be wearing this in the GF

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

pkid posted:

Just a reminder that if West Coast win, the Hawks will be wearing this in the GF

Best possible outcome

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

pkid posted:

And if everything shakes out, I'll be right there to shout "GO GO POWER RANGERS!"

EDIT: If things don't shake out, chances are I'll be yelling that at the Hawthorn.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
There's no point in complaining about the two gifted Q1 Hawthorn goals when Freo drop two kicking backwards.

:rosslyonfootball:

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

pkid posted:

Not necessarily. GF rooms and uniform comes down to a coin toss.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Since North has no chance of beating the Hawks I guess I'm going to have to barrack for the Eagles. As much as I don't want West Coast to win I want the Hawks to get 3 in a row even less.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I want to barrack against Hawthorn but as I've said ad nauseam I love that by winning premierships they're setting the benchmark while playing such attractive footy.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
So I was just thinking, Dangerfield has only said he wants to come home to Victoria right? And the only reason he wouldn't actually nominate a club would be because they're still competing in the finals?
IS DANGERFIELD loving GOING TO HAWTHORN?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

gabensraum posted:

I want to barrack against Hawthorn but as I've said ad nauseam I love that by winning premierships they're setting the benchmark while playing such attractive footy.
To be fair West Coast are pretty good at that sort of thing too. Which is a bit different to how they've won their previous flags.

EDIT: Assuming they don't pull the choke of the century against Norf tomorrow.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

pkid posted:

So I was just thinking, Dangerfield has only said he wants to come home to Victoria right? And the only reason he wouldn't actually nominate a club would be because they're still competing in the finals?

:getin:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

pkid posted:

The footy world would go into meltdown and it would be hilarious

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

Yeah I was not surprised by the result at all. You look at the worm and its got the Freo trademark all over it, a push in the first quarter and then poking at it for the next three. All Hawks had to do was pressure them. This was a team that got lucky and sat on its figurative arse for way too long. Called it. Lyons is a destructive choker, get rid of him.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

snaeksikn posted:

The footy world would go into meltdown and it would be hilarious
Christ as if we're not hated enough already.

Those random Freo fans were a bit special weren't they.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

pkid posted:

Seriously?

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid

tnimark posted:

James Frawley to pull a Brian Lake and take Norm home?

huuurgh

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Watched this at the Castle Hotel in York, semi-rural WA after enjoying the delightful wedding of a couple of mates. Pretty much the whole bar wearing hi-vis and barracking for the hawks. A fight broke out involving the two freo supporters. They fought each other over comments regarding Ross Lyons legacy.

My doomsday scenario would have been freo beating west coast in a grand final, i'm so glad that's off the table now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.

adam simpson on the left, boomer in the middle, some cockhead on the right

• Locked thread