Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

slowbeef posted:

Maybe this is better, but that rule was in place because you get a 1000 "would anyone be interested in a sonic generations lp?" questions with never any follow-up or anything. It was a lot of white noise.

Maybe today's LP forum could handle it? Who knows!

Why not just put interest checks into the request thread? Seems like they'd go hand-in-hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
hey slowbeef, do you ever get requests from random people asking you to RP their stuff? I have a hard time imagining anything more humorous

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Lacedaemonius posted:

hey slowbeef, do you ever get requests from random people asking you to RP their stuff? I have a hard time imagining anything more humorous

I recall one video where the uploaded requested he would be RP'd, I believe it was a camcorder LP where the camera kept zooming in on the TV.

I do know for sure that some people would intentionally make awful videos in the hopes it would get RP'd.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Leal posted:

I recall one video where the uploaded requested he would be RP'd, I believe it was a camcorder LP where the camera kept zooming in on the TV.

I do know for sure that some people would intentionally make awful videos in the hopes it would get RP'd.

yeah but there's a huge difference between "lol i made this awful video i can't wait to see people rage!!!11" and "hey betus I made this video, I think it's really quite poo poo would you could watch it and laugh at me"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Chimera-gui posted:

I think a big thing to keep in mind is that the reason the sandcastle puts greater emphasis on the technical aspect than the stylistic aspect is because while the former can be nailed down fairly easily, doing so with the latter isn't as easy. There haven't been many instances I can recall of LPers whose style was annoying/bad enough to warrant being criticized.

Admittedly, I'm sure goons who've been around longer than I have will likely recall more instances of this than I would.

It happened a fair bit for a long while. Some folks improved, others refused to and left, and one in particular refused to and made half-a-dozen LPs that were painfully wooden before finally taking the hint that getting one post per update does not constitute a healthy thread and hosed off. There was more subjective stuff mentioned at times, and people took or left that advice as it suited them. The really salient point is that none of the above ever got rancorous or distracting. Even in the case of the one guy who was as inspiring and charismatic as mud and refused to listen when people told him he was inspiring and charismatic as mud, people told him that, he said "well, I'm not changing", and everyone shrugged and moved on.

It has not really happened much in the last year or so because, quite frankly, there haven't been that many new guys coming in.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Why not just put interest checks into the request thread? Seems like they'd go hand-in-hand.
This'd be fine too. We really just need some place to discuss it. I still feel the Sandcastle makes more sense because the question you should be asking is not "What about a Sonic Generations LP", it's "What about a Sonic Generations LP where I do x and y, and show off a by doing b?" The former is low content and provides no conversation fodder. The latter gives something to talk about. If there isn't enough detail or the mission statement is too generic, the answer is simple: "sounds solid enough, why don't you do a couple test videos of x and a so we can take a closer look at it?" The request thread doesn't owe itself to that sort of discussion much, unfortunately.

Perhaps if traffic and new person intake picks up again we can talk about moving it to some place that's less distracting, or even making its own thread for that sort of discussion. But the reality of the situation is that right now this thread is more stale than the ur-goon's boxers and isn't really providing a ton of value to the vast majority of people stopping in here.

Sethorven
Mar 16, 2015
First time posting ANYTHING on here, and I wanted to be sure this LP would be well received.

quote:

What is this?: Half-Life: Blue Shift is one of two expansion packs made for the original Half-Life. Both expansions and the base game were first person shooters that took a more story-driven approach to gaming, something that has become a Valve (the development team behind these games) staple ever since. While the base game followed now legendary protagonist Gordon Freeman as he fought for survival against an invading alien horde, this expansion follows the security officer Barney Calhoun (whom would later be brought back as a friendly npc character in Half-Life 2) as he does the same; fighting to escape Black Mesa in his own storyline. Both Blue Shift and the second expansion "Opposing Force" take place parallel to the events of Half-Life, and the player is able to see several moments from the original game happening from the eyes of both new protagonists.

What should I know about this Let's Play?: The main thing to keep in mind is this: I am not an expert on these games. In fact, this is actually a continuation of an LP I did of the original Half-Life, and I have gone into both games mostly blind. The point of this series is to show my experiences exploring the predecessor to a game that has been a huge part of my gaming hobby. Half-Life 2 was my first major PC game and my first experience in narrative driven gameplay that wasn't an RPG, and I simply thought it would be fun to share my experiences fully completing the entirety of the original Half-Life collection.

Do not expect speed runs or 100% completions, I am simply doing this for fun and to entertain the small audience I have.

Why the Face-Cam?: I never liked the idea of using a face cam myself, for a while at least, until I experimented with it and found it to be more enjoyable to both record and re-watch then my non-faced recordings. I have enjoyed watching LPs with it, as I feel it gives an extra layer of interactivity between the player and the audience that makes the experience more personal; it's hard to consistently be entertaining by being a disembodied voice. If you do not like this addition that is fine; it's still an experimentation to gauge reactions.

Update 1

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Leal posted:

If I recall correctly, they did DAILY VLOGS with the actual LPer, so I would assume he requested to, if nothing else, be on the video.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

Coolguye posted:

It happened a fair bit for a long while. Some folks improved, others refused to and left, and one in particular refused to and made half-a-dozen LPs that were painfully wooden before finally taking the hint that getting one post per update does not constitute a healthy thread and hosed off. There was more subjective stuff mentioned at times, and people took or left that advice as it suited them. The really salient point is that none of the above ever got rancorous or distracting. Even in the case of the one guy who was as inspiring and charismatic as mud and refused to listen when people told him he was inspiring and charismatic as mud, people told him that, he said "well, I'm not changing", and everyone shrugged and moved on.

It has not really happened much in the last year or so because, quite frankly, there haven't been that many new guys coming in.

I don't doubt that style critique still happens from time to time but like you said it's never gotten to the point of being distracting. To my knowledge, we haven't had to worry about Pewdiepie wannabes coming here and dumping 10 five minute videos consisting of nothing but them yelling "rape" every five seconds.

I honestly think it is a good thing that the few new LPers we have gotten have been stylistically passable enough that we've only had to talk about the technical side.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

frozentreasure posted:

If I recall correctly, they did DAILY VLOGS with the actual LPer, so I would assume he requested to, if nothing else, be on the video.

No, that was slowbeef, Diabeetus and Chip. DAILY VLOGS dude was cool about being RP'd though.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Sethorven posted:

First time posting ANYTHING on here, and I wanted to be sure this LP would be well received.

Rephrase the question: why would we want to watch videos with a facecam over videos without it?

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Sethorven posted:

as I feel it gives an extra layer of interactivity between the player and the audience
But you're posting on a forum? It's about as interactive as it gets

Sethorven posted:

that makes the experience more personal
Uh...

Sethorven posted:

it's hard to consistently be entertaining by being a disembodied voice
People manage. And if you have to rely on facial expressions to be entertaining, you might have a problem doing the LP

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Chimera-gui posted:

I honestly think it is a good thing that the few new LPers we have gotten have been stylistically passable enough that we've only had to talk about the technical side.
The issue being seen is more that styles are homogenized. The pending face cam argument is a perfect example. It hasn't come up simply because nobody has attempted it in forever. It's not to our credit that the conversation is buried so deep.

On that note:

dasmause posted:

But you're posting on a forum? It's about as interactive as it gets
It really, REALLY isn't, especially on this forum where there's not only a registration barrier, in a subforum with a dubious reputation, but a loving paywall to boot. It's actively quite difficult to reel people in here when compared to almost any other medium. There's a reason Atma does his make your own CYOA stuff on GBS.

The larger issue with face cams on your standard Youtube LP is that face cams are mostly useful when someone can also immediately feed input back into what they're seeing. Your facial expressions are helpful to communicate what you're feeling in the moment, but that isn't valuable if the user can't respond to it in the next moment. What I'm saying is that facecams are a good streamer trick, not a LP trick. Generally speaking. In my experience.

Comments and input on an LP are going to be more generalized for what's happened, rather than individual moments. It's the nature of the beast. People are going to take in 20 minutes of media before they respond, whereas in streaming they respond instantly. So unless you can make a generalized phenomenon out of your face, it is likely going to be overall distracting rather than enriching.

It's certainly possible to make a phenomenon out of your face. A couple of LPers have done it well, and there's precedent in more important entertainment circles - Jim Carrey's a good example, as much as it's trendy to hate him. But it's quite difficult to do so and most people do it poorly. So that's really the question at hand: Are you going to have a worthwhile expression every few minutes? Or is it going to be 20 minutes of splitting your attention between the game and a generally stony face for one good moment?

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Sep 24, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

If the facecam is adding extra time to making the videos then cut it out cause it's not adding anything interesting to the video. Otherwise the video & commentary is fine.

Flarisic
Mar 14, 2015

Sethorven posted:

I never liked the idea of using a face cam myself, for a while at least, until I experimented with it and found it to be more enjoyable to both record and re-watch then my non-faced recordings.

If you use a face cam, you better be juggling fire. If not, what is the point of doing the LP? It's not like Half-Life will give you something to work with to be funny visually. I'm mean you blocked the opening title. Why should I care about you over Half-Life? A relationship needs to be built first to see if an audience would want face cam or not. Until then, you have to give reason to want to see you, but remember it's a Let's Play. In this case, Half-Life is the start, that's what I would want to see in an LP. Treat the game as a star and not yourself, and you have a successful LP if you are good.

Now on the other hand if you just want to be funny and make videos over video game footage, I hate to break it to you, but you're not really thinking outside of the box, and your humor is pretty childish. Some of the most successful Youtubers are very childish, so I understand the inspiration, but it's more than just relating to these young viewers by being childish. They have to think you're cool. They want to be as cool as these big Youtubers, so you have to be more than just operating on their mental frequencies to keep their attention.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Coolguye posted:

This'd be fine too. We really just need some place to discuss it. I still feel the Sandcastle makes more sense because the question you should be asking is not "What about a Sonic Generations LP", it's "What about a Sonic Generations LP where I do x and y, and show off a by doing b?" The former is low content and provides no conversation fodder. The latter gives something to talk about. If there isn't enough detail or the mission statement is too generic, the answer is simple: "sounds solid enough, why don't you do a couple test videos of x and a so we can take a closer look at it?" The request thread doesn't owe itself to that sort of discussion much, unfortunately.

I'm not understanding the problem with the Sandcastle as is. An interest check by definition is a low-content post such as "What about a Sonic Generations LP" which you say you're not talking about. As long as you give enough information about the "style" you're thinking about so people can provide feedback I think it's ok (at least I've seen it done many times).

As for Putty's earlier concern I'm sure every passable LP gets some (>20 for instance) viewers, so it's not going to help to have an interest check somewhere followed by 20 "yes"s.

whitehelm fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 24, 2015

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
If you want to make an interest check in TYOOL 2015, it should probably be like a few sentences worth of just a summary of what you want to do. Enough so that it shows you didn't think up the idea in 5 minutes. As for failing to follow up on it, that really can't be helped cause sometimes people find they got other stuff to do in life.

Here's my legit example:

"I want to Let's Play Super Mario Maker where I play/make goon levels along with any other cool public levels I find. Vids will be short and edited with live or post commentary on both the making and playing portion of multiple levels per vid. Challenges may be made for thread participation where goons contest to make the best level of the week or beat an especially hard level. Special guest star John Cena will make an appearance because he loves Mario and anime."

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Super Mario Maker would work for a lot of LP styles due to the insane amount of levels available and the robust tool set in making levels. It'd be great to have LPs show off how to make levels with good level design, for instance. Or even a gimmick of showing off the most terrible, horrible levels you can find.

But playing and showing off good levels would definitely be great, especially for people like me who are too busy making levels or playing random stuff to really sift through the good ones. And challenges would make for great thread participation, so I'd definitely say go for it.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Putty posted:

"I want to Let's Play Super Mario Maker where I play/make goon levels along with any other cool public levels I find. Vids will be short and edited with live or post commentary on both the making and playing portion of multiple levels per vid. Challenges may be made for thread participation where goons contest to make the best level of the week or beat an especially hard level. Special guest star John Cena will make an appearance because he loves Mario and anime."

Why do you even have to ask, this sounds amazing. Make it happen, posthaste.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

whitehelm posted:

As for Putty's earlier concern I'm sure every passable LP gets some (>20 for instance) viewers, so it's not going to help to have an interest check somewhere followed by 20 "yes"s.

Well first this isn't true, there've been a good half dozen LPs that were technically fine that died halfway through from total apathy in the last 6-8 months, and second 20 viewers is a pitiable turnout. If you actually mean 20 people posting in the thread then that'd be different but again, that's demonstrably untrue if you go looking at the latter pages of the forum.

Anyway regarding this already happening, that's news to me but I'll admit I don't come in here barely at all anymore. Can someone else confirm that it's already a thing?

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Coolguye posted:

Well first this isn't true, there've been a good half dozen LPs that were technically fine that died halfway through from total apathy in the last 6-8 months, and second 20 viewers is a pitiable turnout. If you actually mean 20 people posting in the thread then that'd be different but again, that's demonstrably untrue if you go looking at the latter pages of the forum.

I think you missed my point. Having a bunch of people reply to an interest check only tells you that those people are going to watch the LP (along with an unknown amount of other people that don't follow sticky threads and such). Since that number of replies is going to be a small amount like 20 (probably less), all it tells you is that you're going to have at least 20 viewers when the LP starts. Every LP is going to have at least that.

Or maybe I should've said "at least 20" instead of ">20" which I just realized might not have been very clear.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Oh yeah, that makes sense. I honestly wouldn't even count on a 'yes' to translate into a view really, because the majority of people who troll this thread are guys who are frequently absorbed in their own LPs. My actual consumption of LPs has cratered ever since I started making the things, since my reading and viewing time became creating time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Maybe the rule could be differently worded instead of outright removed, then. Perhaps it could be changed to something similar to "Only do an interest check if you're unsure if it's something people would want to see". That way people who do oddball games or LPs in different ways could still find out if people are willing to watch, but you won't have a dozen "Hey does anyone want to see an LP of Metal Gear Solid V done by me John LPer" posts on every page.

edit: Of course, realistically it wouldn't be that bad. Even if there is an interest check post with a bunch of "Sure I'd watch that" replies, there's room for 40-ish posts on a page, and the idea that a forum thread can be clogged is very silly to me. Nobody likes having to scroll past a bunch of simple replies to get to the test posts or have their test post wrapped between a sandwich of people responding to somebody else, but with the way the forums now make posts you are quoted in be gold that really isn't a problem anymore.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 25, 2015

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
What about interest checks on behalf of other LPers? Like, proxy interest checks?

"Totally asinine," you might say, "a waste of time."

Here me out though.

For example, I think CJacobs should really do a Mad Max LP. So I would ask, like, "hey team, who wants to see my pal CJacobs do an informative VLP of Mad Max?" and if a bunch of people are into it, we can peer pressure CJacobs into doing it. Everyone wins!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Blind Sally posted:

What about interest checks on behalf of other LPers? Like, proxy interest checks?

Here me out though.

For example, I think CJacobs should really do a Mad Max LP. So I would ask, like, "hey team, who wants to see my pal CJacobs do an informative VLP of Mad Max?" and if a bunch of people are into it, we can peer pressure CJacobs into doing it. Everyone wins!
You could probably just ask him directly then? Most people have twitter, youtube messages, skype, or any number of things that a forum post about just asking them to do an LP seems unnecessary.

Really I wouldn't mind if people have fleshed out ideas that they want to get some feedback or input on, but yeah, just saying the name of a game and if people want to see it doesn't really seem like much to go off of.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Blind Sally posted:

Here me out though.

Isn't this how we got Geop to eat a blooming onion?

By which I mean I agree with this system 100%

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Hey team who wants to see Putty do the Cold Stone Challenge

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

The White Dragon posted:

Hey team who wants to see Putty do the Cold Stone Challenge

I do.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i'd prefer the Stone Cold Challenge instead

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

dotchan posted:

Re: Unit Name Changing: What kind of editing would this involve?

Something about this kept nagging at me, and I finally remembered that there is a much easier way to do this.

FFTOrgASM can apply an ASM patch to a FFT ISO that will allow the Soldier Office to rename any unit.

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=24880

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Sandcastle. I'm thinking of playing a 1936 book that's been out of print for three decades.
Here's the OP.

quote:

Gaming like it's 1936. Let's Solve Murder off Miami.

Dualshock 3 for scale, paperweight for convenience, gloves for hands.

Welcome to Murder off Miami penned by crime and mystery writer, Dennis Wheatley, and planned by his friend, art historian J. G. Links.

What's it all about?

Our ultimate goal is here.

The seal was open on my used copy. I took a peak and sealed it back with a bit of modern tape.
You'll have to solve the mystery first, then we'll see if your answer is right.

History
Murder off Miami hit the shelves on the 23rd of July 1936, priced 3 shillings and 6 pence. What had been originally considered a crazy idea both by the publisher and all sane retailers ended up selling 120000 copies in the first six months. The authors' royalties were set at one penny since the concept was a gamble and each copy was a complete arse to put together.

The book's popularity both in Britain and overseas inspired a number of imitations, not to mention three other crime dossiers from Wheatley and Links themselves. Then, World War 2 started for some reason.

For more historical context: Murder off Miami came out shortly after the then still flipper-less pinball machines had introduced tilt detectors, and shortly after Monopoly had hit the market. Also, four decades later the first CYOA book, Sugarcane Island, was published after years of oblivion.

Murder off Miami is responsible for Infocom's legendary "feelies". Their first game to include them, Deadline, came with an evidence file that was basically a cheap version of these dossiers.

LP
What I have here is the 1979 edition. All four of the Wheatley's dossiers were recreated around that time, nearly identical to the 1930s originals apart from minor differences in the cover designs. The book has been effectively out of print since 1979, because the 1986 hardcover editions of the series replaced all physical evidence with photos.
Anyway, I'll handle it wearing gloves to prevent the book and myself from smearing one another.
Interviews and reports will be transcribed, everything else will be photographed for the sake of preserving the format. For better immersion in the reading try sniffing on some really old book.

Here's the test post for the first update http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=24879
Is it readable?

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
The technical side looks fine to me and I'm kinda looking forward to this too.

The update ends pretty abruptly though. Assuming that's an average update length, can you estimate how many updates it'd take to finish the book? I'm just curious.

e: The images are pretty much large enough, but what you could do is make them link to their full-sized versions.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Sep 25, 2015

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

tiistai posted:

e: The images are pretty much large enough, but what you could do is make them link to their full-sized versions.
3MB jpegs? :stare:

This update covered 15 text pages, so it'll probably take 9 updates to get to page 131, then the solution chapter starts.

Edit: Oh hey, I found a photo of the 1936 curtain page. Looks like they did use real blood back then.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 25, 2015

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Why not, it's not like people are forced to download them if they're behind links and the current images are more or less good enough. It doesn't exactly take long to download 3MB anyway.

Well, you could still scale them down, I doubt anyone needs higher than 1-2k res jpegs.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

SelenicMartian posted:

Edit: Oh hey, I found a photo of the 1936 curtain page. Looks like they did use real blood back then.

Not human blood I hope. :v: Though pretty unsanitary either way.

Anyways, test post looks good to me. Looks really drat interesting.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014

CJacobs posted:

Maybe the rule could be differently worded instead of outright removed, then. Perhaps it could be changed to something similar to "Only do an interest check if you're unsure if it's something people would want to see". That way people who do oddball games or LPs in different ways could still find out if people are willing to watch, but you won't have a dozen "Hey does anyone want to see an LP of Metal Gear Solid V done by me John LPer" posts on every page.

I think this is the correct approach since an interest check should by necessity have enough content to allow discussion and critique. It would also allow those who have ideas but might not have the equipment for it yet to get their idea reviewed so that the idea of how the LP would work are already fleshed out by the time a sample can be posted.

For example: Say I wanted to make video LP of Threads of Fate with possible guest commentators, I could come here and explain why I would want to do the LP in this format.

Chimera-gui fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 26, 2015

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub
The problem is that you guys are assuming best case scenario. Any good rule has to be discrete and enforceable, whereas "don't do interest checks unless you're really cool and want to do a wacky LP" has loopholes big enough to fit a tanker through. Besides, we don't want to be encouraging gimmickry for its own sake, do we?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

"Don't do an interest check without providing some content" might be OK.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

ultrafilter posted:

"Don't do an interest check without providing some content" might be OK.

So basically, a test post :v:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Don't do an interest check for a game ("Would anyone want to see an LP of Sonic '06?") but for a concrete Let's Play idea ("What would you think about an LP of Sonic '06 where I speedrun it blindfolded while a guest commentates awkwardly?")

maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alqualos
Jul 7, 2009

Eye of the Beholder
I was thinking about doing an Iron Man style Deus Ex: Human Revolution Let's Play. I see that this game was let's-played twice already, but Iron Man mode is something entirely new. This is an example video of what it would look like (note - this is not the beginning of the game, but Montreal, so it is riddled with spoilers):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGfNWW0aLMA

Some disclaimer: the video above was actually made up from some random save I had from an earlier playthrough. During the real thing, it will be a bit different. I hope that was good enough for a test, though.

I have some concerns:

• English is not my native language. I could try voice commentary, but I'd be stammering and mispronouncing words, maybe a lot since I have little speaking practice. So maybe it's a good idea to either leave it with subtitles, like above, or to abandon the very idea altogether.
  • Some moments can be really boring, for example, where I have to wait for the right moment to do something crazy. Since it's Iron Man, I'm not about to take any risks. I could cut out these boring moments later, but that would be a lot of pain, so I'd like to leave most of them there. Maybe cut out the most boring ones.
  • If I'm going to start the game from the beginning each time I die, that would quickly become boring to watch (as I replay it again and again). So I think I'll only do it until the first death. Once I die, this LP is over. Note that I have completed the game in Iron Man mode before, so it could take me a while to actually die (or maybe I'll even complete it again).
  • Should I leave the in-game subtitles turned on? I usually turn them on because I can't always make out various slang or quiet voices. Since I know this game very well now, I can play without subtitles just as well, so it's up to the watchers to decide.

And of course there remains the main question: is it even a good idea?

Ninja edit: the rules thread suggests I don't embed the videos, but they seem to automatically embed themselves as I paste in the URL. Is there an easy way to avoid this?

• Locked thread