Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Bisse posted:

Our dear special boy Gortarius isn't completely useless. He's just about wrapped up the "Sins of the Father" quest line. It is a big quest in a remote location that involves many things happening at different times. It is a serious contender for being the best quest in Barkley 2 at the moment. Please look forward to it, ohayo gozaimasu.

The to-do list to finish it up is pretty short by now, Only includes minor things like for example:

"- Wappetto 'Waaaaa~' yell"

Can it please have a version of this appropriate song with B-Ball related lyrics since you have another 8 years to make this masterpeice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6wY0rT29zA

arigato~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

nopantsjack posted:

Can it please have a version of this appropriate song with B-Ball related lyrics since you have another 8 years to make this masterpeice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6wY0rT29zA

arigato~

That's actually where the name for the questline comes from.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Slams of the Father

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Non-Human needs a remix of the original non-human song. I know that it's poo poo, along with all of the original Non-Human and everything in Action 52, but Non-Human's song is sort of catchy IMO,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI-Fbkwu_1U Is bad, but look at it when it's this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xTbzdfxgzE

Unfortunately, Frankie is cautiously moving away from associations with the Action 52 classic that inspired his game, and it'll likely even be called something else once it comes out. Basically the people who have the rights to that trash game seem like the kind of jerks who'd sue for a quick buck.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Tales of Game's to do list:

- Finish the to do list
- Bakley 2 (?) (!!)

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Bisse posted:

You'll need to preorder the Barkley 2: Doom Murder Edition to get the vidcon pack.

I thought you couldn't make the vidcon pack available ever again because you'd need to get permission from everyone involved in all the games in it. Has that changed?

Also, go on Greenlight already! If you've decided you're never going on Steam, put you lack-of-desire-for-additional-money where your mouth is and call Gaben fat.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 16, 2015

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

BiggerJ posted:

Also, go on Greenlight already!

No don't.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Cabbagepots posted:

Slams of the Father

Sins of the Baller.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Sins of the Feather

ok dumb jokes aside I'm still really excited for this game!! everything i've seen so far seems really cool and i wish i had the opportunity to go visit the wizard at pax or w/e

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
JAMS THAT KILL

Khorne
May 1, 2002

The Skeep posted:

JAMS THAT KILL
SLAMS THAT THRILL

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Now if only they could fix our gaddam 5-minute long compile times.... Its a lot of time to wait every time you make a lil adjustment and want to test it out.
I don't know anything about game maker but a 5 minute long compile time for a supposedly large project isn't that bad if it's written in C++.

edit:

quote:

LLVM backend for GML called the GameMaker Language Compiler (GMLC). The GMLC first compiles GML code into C++, which is then compiled once again to machine code via Clang.
Yeah, a 5 minute compile time is probably as good as it gets unless you are going to get hyped about a 10s decrease in compile time or something.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 16, 2015

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Operating word there is supposedly. Barkley 2 follows the Spore model.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

FrankieSmileShow posted:

Now if only they could fix our gaddam 5-minute long compile times.... Its a lot of time to wait every time you make a lil adjustment and want to test it out.
If we clear the compile cache it can take like 20 minutes to compile!

On any project I work on that takes that long to compile, I try to compile as infrequently as possible. After one compile, I'll make a big list of all the stuff I want to change and work on an hour+/day+ of fixes/ideas, and then recompile with a buttload of changes. small tweaks arent worth the 5min wait where I'd get bored or lose my focus. Alternatively, if theres a way to divide up the game compiling so that world B doesn't compile when youre only interested in a change in world A, that would be rad

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Have you tried adding more RAM?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Knights of the Round Mound of Rebound

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Unguided posted:

Knights of the Round Mound of Rebound

The U.L.T.I.M.A.T.E. Zauber.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

From the Space Jam, Two Phantoms were born...

Special Assault force: MAJ

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.
Only tangentially related to something on the last page, but once I stayed up late watching Frankie showcase some super build of Currency that will, apparently, never see the light of day. High praises to our TOgOverlords, my eternal faith is in thee

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

I just preordered this game like an idiot retard baby who wishes to throw his money away on things that are never ever (ever!!!_) gonna come out hail satan 420

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Gortarius posted:

That's actually where the name for the questline comes from.

*$12million CGI cutscene where X114JAM9 b-balls on a destroyed court with the ghost of his father*

Dunks that kill, would you pass them to me~
With your courts so still, it makes me believe
In Father Barkleeeeeey's sins
Let me b-ball now and never die, I'm alive!

*$350,000 CGI barkley steals the ball and takes the next verse*

Stoner, feeds their blackened hearts
And the slams, must be jammed, on corporate attitude
Cleansing gun's, is the only way to repent
Renounce, what made you

*X114JAM9 screams NO! as Barkley does a chaos dunk but when the mist clears the court is back to normal and Barkley was never there*

I tried to make it garbage in honour of GOTY(garbage of the year) 2029 Barkley 2

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

Gun's that fire a rocket/grenade/whatever that doesn't do damage to what it directly hits but does do regular splash damage (Of the Storm)
This reminds me of the grenade launchers in Brink. It was a good idea that would have worked in a more varied Gun'scape like in Barkley 2. Essentially the grenade was always on a set timer and would only explode when that timer ran out. You could fire a grenade straight into somebody and stun them with just the force of the 'nade, but the explosion still wouldn't happen until a second later, since the timer was always pretty long.

If you can make Gun's like that happen, I'd be pretty happy. :)

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
A gun that shoots gun's. Then those gun's shoot bullets as they fly through the air.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gun's that spew dwarfnet posts

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Fast Travel system leaked:

Gortarius posted:

you could simulate that desert bus game where you go from point A to point B in the span of 8 hours. I think that is roughly how long it takes to travel

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 20, 2015

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hmm, so there is this vidio now from PAX prime 2015:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni2hceqpqHA

Contains gameplay and some amount of explanation to gun'sbreeding, but also a lot of ToG gently caress ups which I really like. For example they have to restart the game because the guy screwed himself over by making nothing but countermeasure gun's which can't kill anything (there was bug that made countermeasure gun's way more common than anything else so it's ToGs fault), and that really weird camera motion that I don't know how they managed to gently caress up. Guess the guy playing is just slightly tapping the aiming stick? I don't know. You can almost see them booting up DwarfNET registration program too but sorry, no dice.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Gortarius posted:

Contains gameplay and some amount of explanation to gun'sbreeding, but also a lot of ToG gently caress ups which I really like. For example they have to restart the game because the guy screwed himself over by making nothing but countermeasure gun's which can't kill anything (there was bug that made countermeasure gun's way more common than anything else so it's ToGs fault), and that really weird camera motion that I don't know how they managed to gently caress up. Guess the guy playing is just slightly tapping the aiming stick? I don't know. You can almost see them booting up DwarfNET registration program too but sorry, no dice.

Is that the impostor guy again?

sponszi
Dec 15, 2013
Has what the double helix is been revealed? Cyberdwarf almost told me but was cut off :(

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Gortarius posted:

Wow it looks fantastic and poo poo at the same time. But like the bad stuff is just demo bugs, the camera thing and jesus that's a lot of poo poo covering up the bottom of the screen.

Even the main character looks upset over it.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

sponszi posted:

Has what the double helix is been revealed? Cyberdwarf almost told me but was cut off :(

I think he says what it represents in the video, towards the end.

EDIT:

Golden Goat posted:

Wow it looks fantastic and poo poo at the same time. But like the bad stuff is just demo bugs, the camera thing and jesus that's a lot of poo poo covering up the bottom of the screen.

Even the main character looks upset over it.

Yeah it's like looking at a let's play. A scarecam (?), bunch of watermarks/ads/poo poo covering up the screen and terrible jokes and gameplay. I love it.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Sep 25, 2015

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Love how it's casually dropped "You can give guys tuberculosis" and the dude playing just goes "Oh, cool" :geno:

Jesus the guy playing is just zoning out on the gene talk moment.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

sponszi posted:

It comes up twice. It's a measure of how much of your body is cybernetics. When you die, you wake up somewhere in the wastes with some metal bobbin's instead of person inside you. The green section is a representation of how much person is left in your body.

He said if you go Full Robot you lose your free will, and aren't able to make decisions anymore :allears:

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Midjack posted:

gun's that spew dwarfnet posts

Yeah it could be like a fully automatic gun that shoots individual letters, gradually spelling out a dwarfnet post.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Can we sacrifice a chicken fry to restore humanity?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Is Barkley 2 using SAG voice actors?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Gun's that shoot hyperrealistic skeletons

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Gun's for shooting hyperrealistic skeletons

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Gun's that are made out of hyperrealistic skeleton bones, but the bullets they shoot have no particularly unusual properties aside from being fairly strong. However their gunshot sound is a mildly annoying skeleton cackle that gets incredibly irritating after a while. Also the gunshot cackle is six seconds long so if you're firing a skelebone smg's you're gonna drive yourself insane with layered skeleton cackling.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

now that Derek Smart has succesfully Exposed Star Citizen as the fraud that it is, he should move his focus to a certain other kickstarter game that's never coming out

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

kikkelivelho posted:

now that Derek Smart has succesfully Exposed Star Citizen as the fraud that it is, he should move his focus to a certain other kickstarter game that's never coming out

Yeah, I really want Code Hero too. But it's time to move on, bud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MakeWarHarmlesser
Jun 29, 2009

How about a Meat Gun's (like from eXistenZ) that shoots Meat (chicken fry?) on the ground. the player can pick up the meat for healing but so can the bad guys (risk and reward system?).