Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
w33ha might be an actual goddamn wizard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
New Secret loving owns. These team fights are immaculate.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
Ice frog please don't nerf windrunner.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
It's interesting to see w33ha play on a team that is actually good. I thought he looked like garbage in all his previous pro matches but he looks really solid so far for Secret.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
to misery's defense on the missed RP, he has to get the timing very close against ancient seal

or it gets cancelled by the seal like in that other fight

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

mikeraskol posted:

It's interesting to see w33ha play on a team that is actually good. I thought he looked like garbage in all his previous pro matches but he looks really solid so far for Secret.

Wasn't PPD who said anyone can be good at Dota you just need a good captain?

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

Zoness posted:

to misery's defense on the missed RP, he has to get the timing very close against ancient seal

It is impossible to get RP off over an ancient seal -- the latter has a much faster cast point.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Secret is good. Everyone else is bad.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

RiskyChris posted:

It is impossible to get RP off over an ancient seal -- the latter has a much faster cast point.

It's possible if you're in a position where Skywrath has to turn towards you, but that's not guaranteed to be a decent spot to RP and only gives you a tiny window.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef

RiskyChris posted:

Uhh, it is if you time it so that magnus is mid animation as song ends, which is very very difficult.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008

Super Rad posted:

Uhh, it is if you time it so that magnus is mid animation as song ends, which is very very difficult.

Good point! It's a 0.3s cast vs. ancient seal's 0.1s.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Wasn't PPD who said anyone can be good at Dota you just need a good captain?

He would

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Dreamleague starts Tuesday.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

luminous and daskyl :swoon:

but really i'm watching for the dreamleague antics

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

http://www.dota2.com/685

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Wanna see that competitive medusa

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

steakmancer posted:

Wanna see that competitive medusa

She has been in the meta on and off for a while. It's not very exciting and she is unlikely to reenter the meta until AM exits it.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Eejit posted:

She has been in the meta on and off for a while. It's not very exciting and she is unlikely to reenter the meta until AM exits it.

Yeah good job not loving AM over enough icefrog.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Al Borland posted:

Yeah good job not loving AM over enough icefrog.

retard

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm sure someone will come in and tell me why I'm wrong but AM always seemed like he was part of the meta because he countered the popular mids (Lina, QoP, Storm), not because of his own merits. So if the heroes he counters so well fall out of the meta I'd guess he will too.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

yea idk I'm pretty sure AM is gonna be just fine with the buff to manta, and the nerf to blink is whatever since you max that first now. the "nerf" to mana void what the hell was that icefrog?????

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
All these siege creep changes are foreign and scary to me.

Anyone remember the 7000 hotds built by that zeus in that 200 minute game? Imagine it with siege creeps now.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Is there some place where tournament vods are aggregated now? Dotacinema is barely updating anymore.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Na'Vi and Monkey Business are about to play a Bo3 on BTS if you're hankerin' for two games of a professional team in 6.85.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm sure someone will come in and tell me why I'm wrong but AM always seemed like he was part of the meta because he countered the popular mids (Lina, QoP, Storm), not because of his own merits. So if the heroes he counters so well fall out of the meta I'd guess he will too.

AM hits 6 slots faster than any other carry and can somewhat safely participate in mid-game teamfights. Trade off is that he loses lategame to most other carries.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

funmanguy posted:

Is there some place where tournament vods are aggregated now? Dotacinema is barely updating anymore.

I use gosugamers

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

Eejit posted:

AM hits 6 slots faster than any other carry and can somewhat safely participate in mid-game teamfights. Trade off is that he loses lategame to most other carries.

That was true before 6.84, though. The question is whether what AM does will still be a good fit to go up against the heroes that will rise rather than if he can do what he does in the first place.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:siren: Dendi Invoker :siren:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Na'vi Invoker pickup. (http://twitch.tv/beyondthesummit)

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
everyone says antimage is weak lategame but theyre kinda retarded I M O

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
slark is still bad i think

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

stoutfish posted:

slark is still bad i think

is it slark or xbox or both

looking at this draft tho like there's so much untargeted damage what is slark gonna do

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Every time Na'Vi makes a big hold or gets a pickoff I look at the map and they still haven't taken another tower.

e: also LD and Merlini don't know how NP Aghs works, what a surprise

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
drink every time ld fails to understand how to spawn a mega treant

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Zoness posted:

Everyone would die.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
lol merlini's shirt matches the background too much

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Zoness posted:

Chat is having a field day with this one.

RiskyChris
Jan 13, 2008
Give them a break guys NP has only had an aghs upgrade for less than a day.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Where's kotlguy and his book of patch note changes. He's like the hardest working dude over that type of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I like the Kotlguy Blaze casts more than LD Merlini ones. No offense LD!!! BEst of luck!!

• Locked thread