Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

There Bias Two posted:

They look normal-sized to me. Compare to the tree on the right side.

Look at the car.

Also the zebra crossing: https://www.google.com/search?q=shi...7rFR_1vOrsxM%3A

Avulsion fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's kinda like how Toonami is advertised as airing on Saturday night from midnight to 3:30, even though that's technically Sunday morning.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Avulsion posted:

Look at the car.

Maybe it's American-made?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Waffleman_ posted:

It's kinda like how Toonami is advertised as airing on Saturday night from midnight to 3:30, even though that's technically Sunday morning.

So is this really the answer? They just don't swap to the "next day" till like...8am or whenever the next day's programming block starts/ends?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Crain posted:

So is this really the answer? They just don't swap to the "next day" till like...8am or whenever the next day's programming block starts/ends?

Well, you're awake anyway, why make it confusing?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Persona 3's setting was so good. Shame about how the gameplay is so grindy.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, you're awake anyway, why make it confusing?

I feel like creating days with more than 24 hours is more confusing than just following standard format.

But I'm not in charge of Japanese TV programming so whatevs.

Crain fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 14, 2015

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

I feel like creating days with more than 24 hours is more confusing than just following standard format.

But I'm in charge of Japanese TV programming so whatevs.

Why not change it then?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Why not change it then?

lol derp.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

https://youtu.be/GFTgkibl7DU?t=30
That's not a zebra crossing, man.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Crain posted:

Actually I'm pretty sure the answer is because in some time zones (including their home one) Adult Swim starts on Saturday closer to 10 or 11. Unless that's changed since last time I watched.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Yo is there anywhere I can watch the first episode where subs won't loving cut out for 2 minutes

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's on nyaa

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

it's on nyaa

Yeah it's on a friend's comp; can't download to it

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

Avulsion posted:

Those are some tiny coffins, is that a dead toddler parade or something?
PLANNED PARENTHOOD DOT JPEG

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Apparently the OPM english editions are missing pages? Like 12 pages from the Sonic fight. Supposedly the tanks are as well.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

The actual volumes have all those pages, like that, and Metal Knight, and the Meteor, replaced with just one large spread.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yeah the cool animation-like pages are just reduced to a single page or spread. Which is kind of a bummer, but also kind of understandable with the format change.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Don't worry guys, it's only a matter of time before Murata redoes the whole thing in flip book format. Each flip book redone by hand for each new language release to account for different text lengths.

Animators working on the anime will quit their jobs in shame.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
A little late to the discussion on animes making money, but I was under the impression that anime are very costly and have been dangerously unprofitable since torrenting rolled around. And I guess the anime really only serves as an ad for the manga, which then serves as an ad to the webcomic maybe?

Saitama's convinced me. When I finally get me a job, I'll probably go and buy all the volumes (and maybe the DVDs), if only to encourage more ONE and Murata super-duoing.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Shadow0 posted:

A little late to the discussion on animes making money, but I was under the impression that anime are very costly and have been dangerously unprofitable since torrenting rolled around. And I guess the anime really only serves as an ad for the manga, which then serves as an ad to the webcomic maybe?

Saitama's convinced me. When I finally get me a job, I'll probably go and buy all the volumes (and maybe the DVDs), if only to encourage more ONE and Murata super-duoing.

Every show has it's own business model, some are unprofitable themselves but boost manga/LN sales, some have a lot of merchandising and make their money there, many do make some money on the anime itself but need the other aforementioned things to make their targets profits wise.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The controversial "be a good anime" business model

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

AnonSpore posted:

It's not a very profitable model.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

AnonSpore posted:

Investors grow very leery when you say things like that, you might not get any money to start at all if you don't have a plan to make money first.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Fubuki has nice boobs. We can sell stuff with her on it and put her in all the Newtype spreads."

"FUNDED."

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"I see a profile for a character that looks about thirteen but is actually Fubuki's older sister, can you tell me more?"
"Oh yes, she's a very powerful psychic, possibly on par with Saitama, so powerful that she always goes barefoot and shows up later on in the story"
"Later on...?"
"I mean we'll put her in the anime fairly quickly!"
"Here's my investment I expect her design, all her animated scenes and samples of her merchandise to be sent to me before the end of the year."

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Tatsumaki loving owns though

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Tatsumaki and Fubuki being good characters is incidental to why they're popular, unfortunately.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"Is there any way we can incorporate this Mosquito Girl into more of the anime?"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Remember that scene where the organization leaders spent hours just thinking up Genos' name? It's sorta like that. Doesn't matter what kinda character they are, they look cool so the old-rear end business men wanna get fat stacks of cash with what they own. So expect those mousepads with the boobs and a Genos "whatever girls get when they like a pretty boy anime guy." Coincidentally with all that we're getting a hype-rear end anime.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Remember that scene where the organization leaders spent hours just thinking up Genos' name? It's sorta like that. Doesn't matter what kinda character they are, they look cool so the old-rear end business men wanna get fat stacks of cash with what they own. So expect those mousepads with the boobs and a Genos "whatever girls get when they like a pretty boy anime guy." Coincidentally with all that we're getting a hype-rear end anime.

If that Shinozaki manga is truthful then look forward to Genos mousepads with the butt.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Genos "whatever girls get when they like a pretty boy anime guy." Coincidentally with all that we're getting a hype-rear end anime.

In the case of Genos, literal hype-rear end merchandise.

Hellsau posted:

If that Shinozaki manga is truthful then look forward to Genos mousepads with the butt.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'd buy a fubuki boob mouse pad, i think.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

drilldo squirt posted:

I'd go for the Saitama OPPAI mouse pad myself.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want a boob mousepad that is two Saitamas next to each other.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

drilldo squirt posted:

I would but only if it had the I HAVE BECOME TOO STRONG because then I'd laugh every day at it

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i want an oppai mousepad that is saitama with his oppai sweater

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Please Lady Fubuki blow all these creepy posts away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Broadcasting times for the first episode, I guess???