Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Cervixalot posted:

How's everyone feeling about Jordan Cameron this year?

Someone just dropped him in one of my leagues, and I'm debating dropping Nelson Agholor to pick him up - would be backing up Greg Olsen/possibly serving as trade bait.

if you have only 1 TE spot and your TE isnt on bye, its foolish to drop a player for a backup TE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

MacheteZombie posted:

Yeah I feel like Hill is a no-brainer, it's really Evans I worry about. Famous Jameis seems to love him some VJax and Louis Murphy, of course Evans was a decoy last week so, I don't know. You're right too much thinking.

To answer you, I think he's worth the Agholor spot (though I refuse to drop Agholor in my re-draft league because I'm weird and dumb and think Chip is going to fix his ride anyday!), but forewarning, Cameron has a habit of missing the game you want to play him in the most. I know I know injury prone is dumb.

Injury prone being stupid in one thing, walking through life like Tom Hanks every time something blows up in Saving Private Ryan is something else entirely

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

After trusting my gut and starting Matt Jones it seems I'm on track to lose my third match in a row. At what point does it become impossible to make it to playoffs?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Chernabog posted:

After trusting my gut and starting Matt Jones it seems I'm on track to lose my third match in a row. At what point does it become impossible to make it to playoffs?

How many teams, how long are your playoffs? (The real answer is never give up, never surrender!)

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
It is wildly unpopular with a few players but in the league I run I don't have playoffs, it's just your final record.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

How many teams, how long are your playoffs? (The real answer is never give up, never surrender!)

12 teams, weeks 14, 15, 16
I'm still a noob :downs:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

pangstrom posted:

It is wildly unpopular with a few players but in the league I run I don't have playoffs, it's just your final record.

I've been wanting to try a league with this setup, but you also play ever owner every week so you get ridiculous w/l records.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

pangstrom posted:

This isn't lily licking soccer! Go back to your cold rainy rock. We play knock out style in the iron mans league.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Chernabog posted:

12 teams, weeks 14, 15, 16
I'm still a noob :downs:

Like all completions, don't panic until half time. At that point you are always able to flip the script, and at least match your opponents.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

TommyGun85 posted:

if you have only 1 TE spot and your TE isnt on bye, its foolish to drop a player for a backup TE.

Honestly, it's less of carrying a backup TE and more of 'does Jordan Cameron have more value/trade value than Agholor?' I'll pick up Cameron if I can potentially trade him or package him in a deal to a TE-needy team, while depriving my opponents of him in the meantime.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

Badly Jester posted:

Reid, Witten, Gates and Ebron are available and I'm thinking of dropping Ertz for one of theme (my starting TE is currently Bennett). Who'd be my best option?

Also, since I'm new to fantasy, a more general question: Week 5 will absolutely gently caress me in terms of bye week. I will lose Peterson, Ivory, B. Marshall and 2 WRs off my bench (barring injuries, I will still have a legal line-up, however). Is that even worth salvaging through the wire somehow, or should I just eat the loss?

Is that Jordan Reed or is Andy Reid somehow TE eligible in your league. Jordan Reed should not be on anyone's wire. He has proven to be a huge part of the Washington offense. 6 catches in each game so far, almost broke 100 yards, and was under thrown on a sure touchdown and ignored, wide open on a second. His floor is incredibly high and should be starting over every TE except Gronk, Kelce and maybe Graham/Olsen. Ride him until the wheels fall off.

For your second question, it depends on your record going into that week but I generally wouldn't sweat collecting a bunch of mediocre wire pick ups and potentially dropping quality players in order to probably still lose.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

MacheteZombie posted:

I've been wanting to try a league with this setup, but you also play ever owner every week so you get ridiculous w/l records.
Yeah "all play" sounds like it would be fun. Well, more fair at least. I understand people who prefer things a little more chaotic/stochastic/whatever, plus head-to-head focuses which players/games you care about in a given week.

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

This isn't lily licking soccer! Go back to your cold rainy rock. We play knock out style in the iron mans league.
Yeah that's basically my stealth reason for doing it but I'm not dumb enough to tell them that openly :)

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

Like all completions, don't panic until half time. At that point you are always able to flip the script, and at least match your opponents.

Cool. Even though I wasn't expecting to win my first draft I'd still like to do alright.

Buane
Nov 28, 2005

When all are one and one is all
To be a rock and not to roll
So I have to choose between a maybe-nursing-an-injury Lamar Miller against a stout Buffalo front seven, or a back-from-an-injury and might-be-mixed-into-the-gameplan-more CJ Spiller against a stout Carolina front seven. How do I make lemonade out of these real lovely lemons?

My running back depth is poor because I had to roster DeAngelo Williams while waiting for Le'Veon to come back (not complaining, DeAngelo loving killed it) so now I have both Le'Veon and DeAngelo rostered while I wait for someone more interesting/useful than the Williams handcuff to hit the waiver wire. The best FA pickup out there right now would be...Charles Sims? Khiry Robinson? So for this week I have to decide between Miller or Spiller and while that's a cool rhyme I have a feeling it's going to quickly become a weak spot on my team.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Even I think Jordan Cameron is legit injury prone. 0 shares this year.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I personally think the idea of just going by final record for the title is pretty loving cool.

I like all of the fantasy games feeling big. I'm in a 12 team league and we only have 4 make the playoffs, so that seems to do the trick. A buddy of mine is in a 10 teamer that used to have 8 make the loving playoffs and they just recently cut it down to 6.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
I traded Matt Jones for Amari Cooper, who I then traded for Mike Evans. I'm feeling pretty good about that, so hopefully Evans isn't a decoy again this week vs. Houston.

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?
Do you guys think it's worth picking up Michael Floyd (ARI). He's sitting on the FA roster and has likely been avoided due to his injury at the start of the season.

I feel like he might be getting back into good form this weekend and I could probably pick him up for extra WR depth if he is going to be getting more play time??

Thx :)

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

IKillForPie posted:

Do you guys think it's worth picking up Michael Floyd (ARI). He's sitting on the FA roster and has likely been avoided due to his injury at the start of the season.

I feel like he might be getting back into good form this weekend and I could probably pick him up for extra WR depth if he is going to be getting more play time??

Thx :)

He might see an uptick in snaps and routes, but he is firmly behind Fitz and John Brown for targets. If you have someone to drop for him or are hurting for WR depth, otherwise i wouldn't grab him. There's probably better options on the waiver.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 25, 2015

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?

VietCampo posted:

He might see an uptick in snaps and routes, but he is firmly behind Fitz and John Brown for targets. If you have someone to drop for him or are hurting for WR depth, otherwise i wouldn't grab him. There's probably better options on the waiver.

Maybe Victor Cruz instead? - I have a few extra RBs I have been looking to replace with some more WR depth coming into my first Bye week for NE (Edelman). I don't really have anyone to fill in WR backup slots yet and supposedly Cruz should be returning next week?

My current WR depth (std scoring) is: Edelman, Antonio Brown, E. Sanders, and on the bench just Devin Funchess who hasn't done much of anything yet.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Demarco Murray will play Sunday if anybody gives a poo poo.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ty1990 posted:

Demarco Murray will play Sunday if anybody gives a poo poo.

The Eagles offensive line sure doesn't.

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

ZIGfried posted:

Is that Jordan Reed or is Andy Reid somehow TE eligible in your league. Jordan Reed should not be on anyone's wire. He has proven to be a huge part of the Washington offense. 6 catches in each game so far, almost broke 100 yards, and was under thrown on a sure touchdown and ignored, wide open on a second. His floor is incredibly high and should be starting over every TE except Gronk, Kelce and maybe Graham/Olsen. Ride him until the wheels fall off.

For your second question, it depends on your record going into that week but I generally wouldn't sweat collecting a bunch of mediocre wire pick ups and potentially dropping quality players in order to probably still lose.

Jordan Reed, I misspelled the name. I guess he's available because I'm in an 8-man league and no one wants to bet on a Washington player?

As for the second part: that's what I thought as well, especially because the wire is pretty thin in terms of RB/WRs. I will in all likelihood go into week 5 with 3-1 (or even 4-0).

Thanks for the advice!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

The Eagles offensive line sure doesn't.

:vince:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

For the people who say not to use turbo... do you not use it AT ALL? It seems like you absolutely have to use it or you will be burned every time by your opponent sprinting past you. Can anyone expand on when to turbo and when not to?

Edit: Wrong thread :)

RCarr fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Sep 25, 2015

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

RCarr posted:

For the people who say not to use turbo... do you not use it AT ALL? It seems like you absolutely have to use it or you will be burned every time by your opponent sprinting past you. Can anyone expand on when to turbo and when not to?

Generally you want to save your Turbo for Monday night assuming you're down by a reasonable amount. If you're down by more than 20 or winning I would just save it for next week.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

RCarr posted:

i use turbo alot in fantasy football

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Haha... I'm an idiot.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

I like to use my turbos a lap or two into the "Black Forest" track to try and make the lane markers go backwards on the screen.

It's like an acid trip for your snes.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!
I swear I seem to have the most horrible luck with streaming defenses. First Houston, then Philly, this week it's New England at Jacksonville.

Watch this be the week where the Jags put up 40 points. YOU'RE WELCOME, Yeldon owners.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Would Cooks and Martavis Bryant be too much to give up for DeAndre Hopkins? Standard scoring.

I'm worried about Cooks and I've probably got the deepest team in our league, so I'm trying to turn some depth into higher end talent.

12 teams. My current roster:

QB: Cam Newton
RB: CJA, Latavius Murray, TJ Yeldon, Matt Jones, Ronnie Hillman
WR: OBJ, Cooks, Stevie, Martavis, Kendall Wright
TE: Kelce, Eifert

Trying to find a deal to move Eifert too. I could offer Cooks/Eifert instead? I kind of feel like the intrigue of Bryant's return gives him added value that people like. The Hopkins owner has Jordan Reed and lost Dez, so I suspect he would prefer a WR.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Cutler out, Alshon out, Royal questionable.

I'm willing to wait through a few quarters of clownball in order to get a nice look at Langford for next year once the game is good as over. Good luck kid.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

Would Cooks and Martavis Bryant be too much to give up for DeAndre Hopkins? Standard scoring.

No, do it if you can. My guess is it would be rejected though.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

ZIGfried posted:

No, do it if you can. My guess is it would be rejected though.

Thanks. Giving it a shot.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
9.6 points out of Reed last night was somewhat disappointing, but I still feel it's a lot better than what we're going to see out of Martellus Bennett and that abomination of a Bears team that will be at Seattle this Sunday. :rip:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
For the record, I just dropped Jordan Cameron in the league I own him because I don't have roster room for a backup TE. I replaced him with Jordan Reed so that's cool.

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!

a shameful boehner posted:

9.6 points out of Reed last night was somewhat disappointing, but I still feel it's a lot better than what we're going to see out of Martellus Bennett and that abomination of a Bears team that will be at Seattle this Sunday. :rip:

As terrible as Jimmy Clausen is he'll probably see a lot of looks because Clausen sucks at throwing deep.

They'll still get shredded by Seattle's defense, though.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Drew Brees is out. Fire up you're Folses and Daltons. Also, assume the crash position.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Just heard Brees is going to be out. Is it worth keeping him on bench? I picked up Dalton, and its a 12 team league so waiver isn't really stacked, but from what I saw Brees seems out of it and doesn't sound too confident in himself even if he does rehab it for a week or two...

Second, are we still holding on to Dez because we are masochists or has the ship sailed? (I want to learn from Josh Gordon last year but it's a painful drop...)

Crazyweasel fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Sep 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I would be encouraged by Reed, he saw a TON of targets from Cousins and hopefully Cousins will get a little better on his throws but the volume is there. You can't really hope for much else in a late round TE.

• Locked thread