Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
how about we all agree to hellpurge creepy people once its proven they creeped? i think this would solve like 80% of drama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I say make many guilds with varied goals and rules and have them under a blanket goon alliance. Every individual guild is responsible for moderating themselves. If something comes up and it isnt fixed then you kick the whole guild from the alliance. The members can choose to apply to a different goon guild and be accepted or not.

Make the account with the alliance head owned by someone who doesnt even play the game and he shares the login info with nobody. All he does is login and kick/invite guilds once a week or so.

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Sep 25, 2015

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Blazing Zero posted:

even with all the history of splintering and us making fun of it, its going to happen again. god bless you goons, god bless

Of course it will, but we just have to enjoy the ride.

Playing mmos with goons is like sleeping with someone who is great at sex but gives you the clap. Once the burning sensation is gone, you'll go back for more because it's the best you've ever had.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
terrible sex and you feel like you need to shower after.

They had some good free food in their fridge at least!

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

JackDRipper posted:

I nominate Kimsemus for this very important duty.

After ArcheAge I rather suck start a shotgun. I'll be happy to lead goons into glorious battle and let some other sperg get yelled at for it.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
If it isn't pedos, it's usually the hardcore who can't find enough goons to do end-game content with. Inevitably they become goonfuckers/whiny babies who announce loudly they are leaving for a much cooler and more skilled raiding guild than goons, because what they really wanted was the sweet sweet differently-colored pixels over their misshapen human-like digital body and not just to hang out and have fun.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Fauxtool posted:

I say make many guilds with varied goals and rules and have them under a blanket goon alliance. Every individual guild is responsible for moderating themselves. If something comes up and it isnt fixed then you kick the whole guild from the alliance. The members can choose to apply to a different goon guild and be accepted or not.

Make the account with the alliance head owned by someone who doesnt even play the game and he shares the login info with nobody. All he does is login and kick/invite guilds once a week or so.

This is a good idea which is why it will probably never work.

In all seriousness, the sheer number of races in this game is kind of weird and I'm wondering how this is going to work logistically with armor and textures and all that.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Play games with like minded people. Anything else would be uncivilized too goony.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Lets all play farmers!

Zizi
Jan 7, 2010

Freakazoid_ posted:

If it isn't pedos, it's usually the hardcore who can't find enough goons to do end-game content with. Inevitably they become goonfuckers/whiny babies who announce loudly they are leaving for a much cooler and more skilled raiding guild than goons, because what they really wanted was the sweet sweet differently-colored pixels over their misshapen human-like digital body and not just to hang out and have fun.

My experience with this (and exactly what happened in AA in a HUGE way after all the other drama settled down), is a few goons get out ahead poopsocking and goonunism is real for a while. Then they get their sweet gear (Hasla weapons, that crafted armor poo poo, other stuff I forget now) because leadership is all in on the 'it'll let them help everyone" ideal and they promptly start bitching that they want to run endgame poo poo but there's no one to run with, and instead of using their sweet gear they got to lift up the goons that just hit that gear grind, they gently caress off to some idiotic endgame guild instead and everyone's pissed at everyone again. And then the leadership start bitching about 'greedy, childish goons' who refuse to funnel poo poo to other high-level goons because gently caress that.

What I'm saying is gently caress MMOs (but what am I saying, I'll play this stupid poo poo anyway like an idiot, just like the rest of you).

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

So I'm going through my emails and I guess I backed this way back when. Do Kickstarter people get any bonuses over people who are pledging now?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

fadam posted:

So I'm going through my emails and I guess I backed this way back when. Do Kickstarter people get any bonuses over people who are pledging now?

I think the tiers and bonuses are the same, at least to my knowledge.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Kimsemus posted:

After ArcheAge I rather suck start a shotgun. I'll be happy to lead goons into glorious battle and let some other sperg get yelled at for it.

If I don't get to hear Kinsemus scream 'gently caress UM UP YEAHHHH!!!" at least once playing this i will be disappointed.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Zizi posted:

childish goons' who refuse to funnel poo poo to other high-level goons because gently caress that.

Haha, you one of the losers who play the game saying "HAY guys, I'm gonna to lvl up a tradeskill, ILL BE THE TRADESKILL GUY", Everyone gives him stuff and then, "Games boring, bye".

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Goonionism has a proud and storied tradition and i won't let you infidels sully it's name.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Goonionism only ever works in EVE and only then because EVE goons are awful spergs.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think it's a good goal, lets say, 3 months after release as a guild. It didn't work in AA because people were being asked to give stuff up for the good of the guild when people were still trying to get the basics together. Once the guild has some gear, etc, then maybe the whole goonionism thing would be pretty sweet. I just remember the haves telling people they needed to contribute more when most people didn't even have a hasla bow

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
I was mostly thinking about Age of Wushu, but that game was so screwed up i honestly don't know if our efforts worked or not.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Eonwe posted:

I think it's a good goal, lets say, 3 months after release as a guild. It didn't work in AA because people were being asked to give stuff up for the good of the guild when people were still trying to get the basics together. Once the guild has some gear, etc, then maybe the whole goonionism thing would be pretty sweet. I just remember the haves telling people they needed to contribute more when most people didn't even have a hasla bow

Please post a trigger warning if you are going to bring up hasla tia

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

malhavok posted:

I was mostly thinking about Age of Wushu, but that game was so screwed up i honestly don't know if our efforts worked or not.

Im all for goonionism I think it's awesome

For AA I didn't feel the mats went to the most deserving generally

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bait and Swatch posted:

Please post a trigger warning if you are going to bring up hasla tia

I can't believe they actually added the higher up weapons to extend the hasla grind lol

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Eonwe posted:

Im all for goonionism I think it's awesome

For AA I didn't feel the mats went to the most deserving generally

I think the final nail in the coffin was when the fishing goons were left in charge and they decided to then funnel all the goon mats to Wicked because "SURELY ONCE WE HELP WICKED TO GET A CASTLE THEY PROMISED THEY WOULD HELP US GET OURS" and people actually wanted to believe that.

Meanwhile our ships were smashing into pubbie fishing boats and enraging fishing goons further, even though we were the only people providing actual communal content that didn't involve "spend hours farming this poo poo then hand it over to me for no discernible reason".

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

malhavok posted:

it worked there with the help of delamore, koop, and a few other people who moved / organized the poo poo

it also ended with delamore selling the entire goon bank for real money but it isn't as funny as when he tried to sell poo poo for rent, and ending up getting 500 dollars in paint balls instead of money

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Kimsemus posted:

I think the final nail in the coffin was when the fishing goons were left in charge and they decided to then funnel all the goon mats to Wicked because "SURELY ONCE WE HELP WICKED TO GET A CASTLE THEY PROMISED THEY WOULD HELP US GET OURS" and people actually wanted to believe that.

Meanwhile our ships were smashing into pubbie fishing boats and enraging fishing goons further, even though we were the only people providing actual communal content that didn't involve "spend hours farming this poo poo then hand it over to me for no discernible reason".

You see communism is good, because you do all the work and I get all of the stuff.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

it worked there with the help of delamore, koop, and a few other people who moved / organized the poo poo

it also ended with delamore selling the entire goon bank for real money but it isn't as funny as when he tried to sell poo poo for rent, and ending up getting 500 dollars in paint balls instead of money

Another goonionism success story.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So goonionism is like communism except that it always ends with a backstab? I want to hear some more stories.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

poo poo only works if the goon in charge is a competent leader of people. which means it never works

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

poo poo only works if the goon in charge is a competent leader of people. which means it never works

competent leader
posts on a "comedy" message board

choose one

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

competent leader
posts on a "comedy" message board

choose one

i like to think we got a passable crew running the AO show :shobon:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Blazing Zero posted:

i like to think we got a passable crew running the AO show :shobon:

Great Leader Eonwe will never fail or abandon us.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
out of all the people there i am easily the least competent and probably least interested

i just like chiming in what I think we should do but not being the one to make the horrible decisions that guild leaders make

lot less pressure

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Someone who understands their weakenesses! A great quality in a leader. We made the right choice.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Eonwe posted:

out of all the people there i am easily the least competent and probably least interested

i just like chiming in what I think we should do but not being the one to make the horrible decisions that guild leaders make

lot less pressure

I vote we just constantly rotate leadership to the newest j4g

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yes

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
A great leader you say!?

*sits down and falls asleep*

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Orv posted:

Goonionism only ever works in EVE and only then because EVE goons are awful spergs.

Im sure there has been a lot of failed goonunism in EVE, it's just been around long enough that people mostly know who the fuckers are

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
The only consistently good thing with goonionism is having a shared stash and everyone throwing away things they don't need into the stash.

It sometimes overflows with garbage but newbies appreciate garbage.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Basically I think goonionism should be a thing, but it should be a bit after launch. When there are 100+ goons its easy to say everyone should help, but people are going to resent it because they won't get anything out of it. When you have a stable group of people after the goonrush is over then its a lot more realistic IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Eonwe posted:

Basically I think goonionism should be a thing, but it should be a bit after launch. When there are 100+ goons its easy to say everyone should help, but people are going to resent it because they won't get anything out of it. When you have a stable group of people after the goonrush is over then its a lot more realistic IMO.

This is why Eonwe is #guildleader.

Also, their idea of a class dedicated solely to building/crafting/gathering tickles my inner ore miner. Especially since we will be vikings and they have dwarves.

• Locked thread