Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Desetr Eagle posted:

I really thought we'd escape this debacle without this being asked. It is severely unlikely he actually raped his sister and I believe him when he says he'd rather demean a persons gender with a different word than oval office.

*stares into crystal ball* i forsee the username "Embryo Bush" in ur future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

les fleurs du mall posted:

*stares into crystal ball* i forsee the username "Embryo Bush" in ur future

If this is a meme it is one I am unfamiliar with

Maybe thats a good thing

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
To be honest cooking is probably one of the oldest memes outside of prostitution.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
good faith comedy-oriented cooking thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743673

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??

CommonShore posted:

I think I'm going to take my pork shoulder out of the package and just roast it in the oven, because I've learned today that doing a boil-in-bag SV strategy can release chemicals from the plastic which cause brain damage and eventually turn people into shitposters. I can't risk going any further down that road.

Thanks all.

I think it is more estrogen analogues that is the problem. You'll be fine!

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

Happy Hat posted:

I think it is more estrogen analogues that is the problem. You'll be fine!

Is this similar to why drinking water from those plastic bottles is a bad thing to do?

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Desetr Eagle posted:

Is this similar to why drinking water from those plastic bottles is a bad thing to do?

As I understand it it is more severe since the food grade plastic hasn't been produced specifically to be heated, and heating speeds up the process - or something sciency like that.

I think the main culprit is the plastic softener, which also is carcinogenic, so tbh he/she would probably have been worse off in the 80's.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

The gently caress happened to this place?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Happy Hat posted:

As I understand it it is more severe since the food grade plastic hasn't been produced specifically to be heated, and heating speeds up the process - or something sciency like that.

I think the main culprit is the plastic softener, which also is carcinogenic, so tbh he/she would probably have been worse off in the 80's.

Biphenol A is the estrogen analogue which was used in plastics until a few years ago. Yeah, it's a softener.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

GrAviTy84 posted:

it got awesome! (:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

GrAviTy84 posted:

FYAD GBS is leaking.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Biphenol A is the estrogen analogue which was used in plastics until a few years ago. Yeah, it's a softener.

Thanks - the name escaped me. Does the release of the analogue increase with heating, or is that just me misremembering?

Desetr Eagle
Aug 21, 2015

by Ralp

That Works posted:

FYAD GBS is leaking.

Yeah and using catch phrases will definitely help matters

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

That Works posted:

FYAD GBS is leaking.

When there is no more room in GBS, the poo poo-posters will walk the sub-forums.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Happy Hat posted:

Thanks - the name escaped me. Does the release of the analogue increase with heating, or is that just me misremembering?

I think it does, but that's going to be true of nearly any chemical process. I do know that it could still be released without heat.

It was first banned from baby bottles, so maybe that's where heat came into it...

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Desetr Eagle posted:

Do you have stairs in your kitchen?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Libelous Slander posted:

Do you have stairs in your kitchen?

My cast iron is not protected

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

London goons: I may be coming your way. You will feed me?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Desetr Eagle posted:

Calm down

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Happy Hat posted:

Avoid headcheese, it's likely contaminated after being used as a fleshlight.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Mr. Wookums posted:

Avoid headcheese, it's likely contaminated after being used as a fleshlight.

What's this in reference to?

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Happy Hat posted:

What's this in reference to?

David Cameron, leader with access to nuclear weapons, hosed a dead pig's mouth

but it was in oxford, not london, so you might be okay

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Seriously? Before or after becoming pm? I mean - it is still better than the thing with the House of Lords and the little boys..

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I believe it was back in uni as an extracurricular.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Happy Hat posted:

Hell yes! PM me with dates. You can come here for dinner (depending on what's happening in my life; it's complicated) or we can go out.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

When are you coming to London?

I can probably be induced to eat a food with you, and therattle if completely necessary.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

As it looks right now - monday through friday..

Every week...

But I still lack a contract to be finalised.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Goon meet!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Scientastic posted:

When are you coming to London?

I can probably be induced to eat a food with you, and therattle if completely necessary.

I was going to make a sarcastic comment but I'm too drat tired. Sure!

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Yes!

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
Embarrassing Care Post:
So I've been following GWS for 6 or 7 years; I can honestly say that this forum has been the #1 reason that I went from "useless piece of poo poo who can't work a microwave" to "actually a pretty good cook". I know that this forum is ultimately jokemans making jokeposts;that doesn't change the fact that GWS has helped hundreds of worthless goons like myself go from salsa chicken and instant ramen to using advanced techniques(and an understanding of the how and why of those techniques) and impressing friends, bosses, & people I want to sleep with. I even won a NICSA, (which actually did make the front page)! As time went by, I found myself posting here less and less, but up until recently I still read it religiously.
People who say that pretentious culinary elitism can never be funny must not remember the glory days of '09-10, when a bunch of seriously skilled cooks would talk poo poo at each other while doing new, interesting things with food & occasionally stopping to dogpile people who came in with big egos and incorrect opinions. There was a snarky-but-convivial tone to the forum that's been completely washed away: first by the whirled peas purge, now by a bunch of whitenoise posters who have made GWS loving unreadable.
But yeah, keep coddlin' the gbs no-effort brigade while writing paragraphs of abuse at the guy who said "gently caress you" to an obvious troll thread that should have been gassed before it hit the ground.
Ok, having written all these serious words about internet cooking forum drama on my phone, I'ma go kill myself. Bye.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Were you rambling vagrant back then?

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
Yup.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

That was the best ICSA entry ever.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008
Agreed. I just skipped like, 250 posts- are we still being lovely for no good reason?

I made a black bean and corn salad last week with market peppers that were much hotter than anticipated, will make soup and report back.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

CARL MARK FORCE IV posted:

I even won a NICSA, (which actually did make the front page)!

HOW'S YOUR KNIFE! That was super ridiculous.

Edit: Seriously look at this thing. http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/hellkitchen-devils-eggs/1/

Fine dining food made in a flophouse basically.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Drink and Fight posted:

That was the best ICSA entry ever.

Oh poo poo that was Carl Mark Force?

http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/hellkitchen-devils-eggs/1/

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Ahahaha I forgot that I made a chicken cheese dessert for the chicken cheese thing with Doh.

Panna Cotta with honey, mescarpone cheese, coffee, chocolate, vanilla and chicken skin

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Sep 26, 2015

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

chickencheese duel was a fun thread tho

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3515276

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

CARL MARK FORCE IV posted:

People who say that pretentious culinary elitism can never be funny must not remember the glory days of '09-10, when a bunch of seriously skilled cooks would talk poo poo at each other while doing new, interesting things with food & occasionally stopping to dogpile people who came in with big egos and incorrect opinions.

The Good 'ol Days. :3: