Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.
My guess would be SWORD since they referred to him as an alien threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagermonster
May 7, 2005

Hey - NIZE HAT!

fallin1 posted:

My guess would be SWORD since they referred to him as an alien threat.

SHIELD vs. SWORD would be awesome (until of course they put aside their squabbling and work together to combat some alien threat). But that better not be Brand.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Whedon created Abigail Brand, I would think if they add her to the show they'll be pretty close to the source.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I am pretty sure that Brand and SWORD are considered X properties.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While they were introduced in an X book, I thought SWORD as a whole doesn't really have that much to do with mutants.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

muscles like this? posted:

While they were introduced in an X book, I thought SWORD as a whole doesn't really have that much to do with mutants.

Brand is in a relationship with Beast, and she has been confirmed as a mutant. Their title was also under the X-office.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Sep 25, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

Brand is in a relationship with Brand
I missed this SW tie-in.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

redbackground posted:

I missed this SW tie-in.

I think it's the D-plot in Siege.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
evil lady doesn't have an announced name and the bad guy agency is Advance Threat Recon or something like that. They already talked about this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

I missed this SW tie-in.

It's a post SW launch.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
hot off the spanish netflix facebook page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5g8v7szix0

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Blockhouse posted:

Fantastic. You know, I bet alarm clocks that can withstand people like Spiderman, Captain Marvel and Wonderman level strength must be one of Stark Industries biggest sellers.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Fantastic. You know, I bet alarm clocks that can withstand people like Spiderman, Captain Marvel and Wonderman level strength must be one of Stark Industries biggest sellers.

That's how Civil War starts.

Steve discovers Tony has been documenting and spying on anyone who buys one of his super clocks.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Blockhouse posted:

Hah, I like how they deliberately played with the cliche 'superstrong person smacks the snooze too hard, shattering the clock' that every drat superstrong person thing has done.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

That's how Civil War starts.

Steve discovers Tony has been documenting and spying on anyone who buys one of his super clocks.

Yea, but just the girls.

I like the sheer amount of booze laying around.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ms. Marvel doesn't exist in the MCU because Kamala was shot and killed by police for taking one off the shelf in Walmart.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Ms. Marvel doesn't exist in the MCU because Kamala was shot and killed by police for taking one off the shelf in Walmart.

Daily Bugle

Jersey City Teen who worships heroes dead, is Spider-Man to blame?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

twistedmentat posted:

Daily Bugle

Jersey City Teen who worships heroes dead, is Spider-Man to blame?

I can see the Bugle using clickbait titles on its website. "Spider-Man showed up at a crime scene and you won't believe what happened next." "Did Spider-Man just destroy a whole city block?"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ToastyPotato posted:

I can see the Bugle using clickbait titles on its website. "Spider-Man showed up at a crime scene and you won't believe what happened next." "Did Spider-Man just destroy a whole city block?"

I'm not sure if it'd be in character for Jonah to allow those. Or if he'd allow them, knowing the business value, but hate that his brand is associated with them.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Aphrodite posted:

Why did Walmart even have bombs on the shelf in the first place?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Whizbang posted:

Why did Walmart even have bombs on the shelf in the first place?

2nd amendment

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Frankie Faison apparently is in Luke Cage. Anyone that's seen The Wire or Banshee knows this is a good thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We can't be certain he wasn't just sitting on that bench when they started filming and refused to move. Who would argue?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I love that he looks like he literally just walked off the Banshee set onto that one.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
http://www.themarysue.com/captain-america-black-widow-con-proposal/

A couple got engaged during a con photo session with Evans and Atwell.

Honestly, I'm mostly posting about it because Hayley seems more hyped about it than the bride-to-be in the picture.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

David Tennant looks to possibly be the first villain that's going to be crossing over series' and I couldn't be happier.

http://comicsalliance.com/luke-cage-david-tennant-purple-man/

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RevKrule posted:

David Tennant looks to possibly be the first villain that's going to be crossing over series' and I couldn't be happier.

http://comicsalliance.com/luke-cage-david-tennant-purple-man/

That fits, they'll bring purple man back in the comics every so often just to let Luke Cage beat the poo poo out of him.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

So that Agents of Shield show is pretty awesome. Can anyone briefly summarize the villain introduced in the episode, Lash? I know he/it is Inhuman but that's about it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

notthegoatseguy posted:

So that Agents of Shield show is pretty awesome. Can anyone briefly summarize the villain introduced in the episode, Lash? I know he/it is Inhuman but that's about it.

Lash's whole thing is that he believes not all inhumans are worthy of their gifts, so in the comic he travels around and judges them. He kills the unworthy ones and tries to recruit the worthy ones.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Interesting he would be going after Lincoln then considering Lincoln actually was chosen.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Really enjoyed the show being back. Lash looked a little...stiff. I think it was his hair, but overall really enjoyed the episode. It'll be fun to see what other awesome stuff Fitz accomplishes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kingtheninja posted:

Really enjoyed the show being back. Lash looked a little...stiff. I think it was his hair, but overall really enjoyed the episode. It'll be fun to see what other awesome stuff Fitz accomplishes.

Dreadlocks never look cool on white people.

The big debate is where Gemma ended up, a lot of people seem to think she ended up on the Blue Area of the Moon, but A) there are two other worlds in the sky and B) probably owned by Fox with the Fantastic Four.

Also laying in the roots of Civil War.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Inhumans are the known inhabitants of the Blue Area. Why would those rights be tied with Fox?

My understanding is that Fox owns a handful of specific galactic characters like Galactuc and Silver Surfer. Probably Watcher too. And for some reason, they own the Super Skrull but not the race of the Skrulls. They also probably own the Shi'iar due to the ties with the X-Men. But I think it'd be a tough case proving much else.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I know the Watcher is part of FF rights and he lives on the Blue Area of the Moon.

Also, new JJ preview https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/649388006785224704

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

notthegoatseguy posted:

Inhumans are the known inhabitants of the Blue Area. Why would those rights be tied with Fox?

My understanding is that Fox owns a handful of specific galactic characters like Galactuc and Silver Surfer. Probably Watcher too. And for some reason, they own the Super Skrull but not the race of the Skrulls. They also probably own the Shi'iar due to the ties with the X-Men. But I think it'd be a tough case proving much else.

They will fight tooth and nail over every single character they could possibly own. I find the forthcoming Gwenpool to be hilarious as it's a huge middle finger to Fox as it's technically half theirs but they can't ever loving use it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

All the rights to characters and concepts, including those that haven't even been created yet, will be strictly outlined in contracts at the time. Who owns the Blue Area of the Moon? You can bet they know exactly who does and it's in a contract somewhere.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Wait, Gwenpool is an actual character that they are making? I thought it was a joke.

Also, Lash looked loving terrible. Mostly because of the weird feather hair. Otherwise it was a pretty awesome episode.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ToastyPotato posted:

Wait, Gwenpool is an actual character that they are making? I thought it was a joke.

Also, Lash looked loving terrible. Mostly because of the weird feather hair. Otherwise it was a pretty awesome episode.

Gwenpool was a joke for a variant cover and it exploded with popularity so it's getting a jokey one shot. If it continues to explode in popularity it might get more, but I doubt it.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

I'm pretty loving excited about this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddington
Feb 20, 2010
I excitedly posted about Gemma being in the blue area of the moon during the live watch, but I don't think they will call it that. To avoid rights issues it will probably just be a random space place, but I think it's gotta be somewhat on purpose that she gets transported to a rocky blue tinted planet in a storyline that is all about the Inhumans. That's about as far as it will probably go, a wink and a nod.