Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Dammit ACI why are you dropping again. I was still down -2.07% and wanted to at least brake even

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Quornes posted:

Dammit ACI why are you dropping again. I was still down -2.07% and wanted to at least brake even

I jumped ship as soon as it spiked +50% the other day for that exact reason.

I don't think it's going to fully recover until the debt swap deal is actually done. Right now they just keep kicking the deadline on a few weeks and the price spikes when that happens but nothing has really been resolved so it drops again.

If the debt swap deal goes well it could def recover though; I just didn't want to stay in that position any more.

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014
What the hell is going on with healthcare today?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Lelorox posted:

What the hell is going on with healthcare today?

A crapload of bad press over the last few days. Some said by a presidential hopeful.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Mother loving cock sucking son of a bitch...

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Stop trading coal and video game controllers!

I just laughed at myself for even typing that sentence

Lelorox
Jul 28, 2013

BFC SLACKER 2014

District Selectman posted:

Rumble packs up! Motion controllers down!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Stop trading video game controllers!

no gently caress you, Dad!

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Gentlemen the future is track balls :smug:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
loving :lol:

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

VendaGoat posted:

A crapload of bad press over the last few days. Some said by a presidential hopeful.

I'm worried it's not a one-time thing either. I can see healthcare and drug costs being a cornerstone of her campaign, and even though it will be a long time before any legislation gets passed, imagine major pharmas being vilified constantly for the next 3 years.

I have a lot of thinking to do this weekend. Even with the recent drops the sector still had a great year, so maybe it's time to cash in, and maybe get into FBIOX after it posts distributions in December.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

I'm worried it's not a one-time thing either. I can see healthcare and drug costs being a cornerstone of her campaign, and even though it will be a long time before any legislation gets passed, imagine major pharmas being vilified constantly for the next 3 years.

I have a lot of thinking to do this weekend. Even with the recent drops the sector still had a great year, so maybe it's time to cash in, and maybe get into FBIOX after it posts distributions in December.

I agree with you, I think in the short term the smart thing is to let it go until after the election. If you're like me and your holdings are already in the red, what's fours years, if you can afford it.

Even in full nationalized healthcare there is still competition and research to be done. Much needed I might add. It's simply shifting the direction of current healthcare to a very slightly different direction. There are still 300 million customers in the USA alone, it would just make it a race to the next medical discovery. Then after it is discovered, the race to perfect it and make it viable to the other 6.7 BILLION people on Earth.

I hate to say it, but the way I see it, it's a necessary evil.

Now ask me if I will vote for Hillary.

Also, she may not win.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

any cheap automobile companies that are falling faster than they should?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Wailing on Playskool instruments and pretending you're playing insanely kickass riffs with Slash and Axl and the gang is cool, and the only reason those games crashed for a while was because the two companies making them decided that making a billion low-effort games all at once was a great idea. If you ask me, and looking at my stock portfolio over the last two months you definitely shouldn't, music games are still a viable genre.

my nigga

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Trade what you know :coal:

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

My Q-Face posted:

Trade what you know :coal:

When I get done with my shift at the coal mines I like to get down with my rock and roll video game.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Goons have very particular niche interests is what I'm saying. :coal:

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Coal is gonna pop and drop 100%+ multiple times between now and when they all finally leave the shareholders and bondholders holding the bag. The great thing about a company with billions of dollars in revenue and tens of billions of dollars in debt with massively negative cashflow (not even paying attention to the writedown of assets, which you can *sometimes* make a legitimate argument about 'bouncing back' (looking at you natgas)) dropping to a market cap in the hundreds of millions? It doesnt take that many retards who cant read a balance sheet to pile in and get real fun degenerate gambler action. Throw in the machines and you've got a straight up party.

buy CHK, get money, get bitches

edit: also, its not too late on WTW ya'll

greasyhands fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 26, 2015

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Commoners posted:

When I get done with my shift at the coal mines I like to get down with my rock and roll video game.

Eatin' chicken fingers on an oil rig.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

VendaGoat posted:

It's a really good sign that the economy is working super well when one guy being retarded about one drug can put this big of a hurting on the entire biotech sector.

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Long time listener calling in to say I sold everything July 24. Good luck all :haw:.

amotea fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Sep 26, 2015

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

It's a really good sign that the economy is working super well when one guy being retarded about one drug can put this big of a hurting on the entire biotech sector.

Facts of life. Almost all rules, and certainly all of the stupid ones are the result of at least one guy being retarded. It's not that he did what he did, but rather the imminent response from authorities that upsets the market.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Thanks Obama!

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Agronox posted:

Eatin' chicken fingers on an oil rig.

Then I go to my solar powered home, fire up Netflix for a few minutes, change my mind, turn on Amazon, change my mind, and play with my GoPro. Then I light it all on fire.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is robinhood still cool? Seems like a good time to jump in.

Zerstorung
Jun 27, 2008

tesilential posted:

Seems like a good time to jump in.

What makes you think that?

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Showers tonight, but fair Monday, what's the problem :)

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Showers tonight, but fair Monday, what's the problem :)

MY HYRDOELECTRIC UTILITY STOCKS! :byodood:

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

It was going to happen eventually.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Europe up, China, Japan down.

predictions for 9:30 am est Monday?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Down, then up. Or, possibly up, then down.

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Leperflesh posted:

Down, then up. Or, possibly up, then down.

Whatever I sold, up. Whatever I bought, down.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Clearly this can only mean good things for plastic guitars. I've done my technical analytics on your post to determine this.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

Cop gay. So What posted:

This, except whatever I thought about buying but didn't.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

VendaGoat posted:

Europe up down, China, Japan down.

Fixed that for you. :downs:

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Cop gay. So What posted:

Yep. 10% drop for MCZ. Like clockwork.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

My only regret is that I have no cash on hand to throw at it.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
AVXL is going to go nuts over the next 3 months. I was in at .79 a couple months ago. I posted about it here when it was at 1.15, up to 1.44 right now. Take a look, it's a pretty neat company with a promising Alzheimers drug in development. I'm not suggesting getting into it now... but it's nice to see some green with MCZ down today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Yes, losing $3k before you even have your coffee is a great way to start a Monday! On the plus side, my tax bill shouldn't be nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be in March.