Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
"A 3 hour race in P998 cars in the rain is totally a good idea guys, I swear!"

At least I thought ahead to turn damage off and use the +100% whatever bonuses, but gently caress. Pugeot affinity from 0 to 25 and 15 levels up for that one race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
I just watched Stadium Super Trucks at Long Beach (I think it was from some weeks back) but T10 missed a great opportunity to make poo poo insane - movable ramps on the straights.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

geeves posted:

Are we able to save games to an external HD to free up space if need be?

Yep, you can plug any usb external drive into the bone, format it and it can be used to put digital games on (unfortunately you can't put any other kind of data on it at the moment).

Also, if you get a usb3.0 7200rpm drive, it will improve load times

I use this one personally, but I got it a year+ ago so theres probably better out now

http://www.seagate.com/au/en/products/laptop-mobile-storage/laptop-external-drives/backup-plus-slim/

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
I decided to buy an Xbox One because the Forza version was blue and blue is a color.

Is there still a general IRC around somewhere?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

hanyolo posted:

Yep, you can plug any usb external drive into the bone, format it and it can be used to put digital games on (unfortunately you can't put any other kind of data on it at the moment).

Also, if you get a usb3.0 7200rpm drive, it will improve load times

I use this one personally, but I got it a year+ ago so theres probably better out now

http://www.seagate.com/au/en/products/laptop-mobile-storage/laptop-external-drives/backup-plus-slim/

Thanks! I needed to pick up a new one anyway, so I guess I'm getting two now.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Must have ran out of parking space after the race :D

cb rocks
Jun 10, 2004
sup m8s
Just a quick question about career mode, I hope it makes sense (I'm not near my Xbox and I was tired last night when I was playing)

When you pick a car to use in the series, if you buy a car instead through that select screen is it automatically upgraded to the PI limit?

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

cb rocks posted:

Just a quick question about career mode, I hope it makes sense (I'm not near my Xbox and I was tired last night when I was playing)

When you pick a car to use in the series, if you buy a car instead through that select screen is it automatically upgraded to the PI limit?

I'm pretty sure yes in that it uses the quick upgrade thing automatically. After you purchase the car, it tells you that you owe X credits to buy all the parts.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

robotsinmyhead posted:

I'm pretty sure yes in that it uses the quick upgrade thing automatically. After you purchase the car, it tells you that you owe X credits to buy all the parts.
This is correct.

If you're going to buy a car for a single player series, look at the cars available to pick out which one you want, and to see what the PI limit is. Then back out to the main menu and buy the car, and then go upgrade it yourself, and tune it or download a tune. The game's auto-upgrade doesn't pick the best upgrades.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I'm going to crosspost this from the GTCC thread because it might be of more use here.

GutBomb posted:

Easy vinyl tips
Making outlined letters or shapes.
Place your shape, then place 4 copies of it in layers directly under it. Change the color of the copies to whatever you want your outline color to be. Then on the first copy move it left 10 pixels and up 10 pixels. The next layer move right 10 pixels and up 10 pixels. The next, left 10 pixels and down 10 pixels. The next right 10 pixels and down 10 pixels. Now you have an outline.

Bold Letters
Place your letter on a layer, then copy it. On the bottom copy resize it so it's slightly narrower. It will remain centered with the above layer, it will just narrow it from the outsides, giving the overall letter a bolder appearance.

Simple Logos
Sparco is a good one to start with.

The S is a circle with your chosen foreground color. then copy that circle, shrink it evenly (if in the layer selection you "highlight" a layer with the right trigger and then resize it it will resize evenly instead of only x or y axis) and change the color of the new copy to whatever you want your background color to be. then make a horizontal line that goes across the whole shape, the same color as your foreground color. then make 2 smaller horizontal lines the same color as the background, to complete the 2 "spoon" shapes that turn the circle into an S.

for the P it's just a copy of the 2 circle layers you made for the S and then a box shape to turn it into a P.

the A is the same as the P, just put the box shape on the other side and shorten it.

the R copy the P and then put a background color box over most of the shape to block it off.

By this point the C, the O, and the underline should be obvious to you.

Once you start seeing things in the primitive shapes that they are made up of it's a lot easier to re-create them.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
This game is fantastic, I really enjoy winning a million credits every race. Why is this thread so far down in the games section I don't get it other than Xbone= ebolaids.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Clever Betty

BrownieVK posted:

This game is fantastic, I really enjoy winning a million credits every race. Why is this thread so far down in the games section I don't get it other than Xbone= ebolaids.

Exclusive title on not-pc for a genre of game that is not an FPS or doesn't appeal to such a wide audience.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
We also have 3 different threads where all the same goons are talking about this game, so that kind of spreads out the posts.

So, on Hockenheim, the fastest way to get through turn 1 is to just blow it out wide left into the paved area outside the track and merge back onto the straight at some point before the next turn, right?

I've conditioned myself to take that turn clean for rivals purposes, so now whenever that track comes up in a multiplayer/league lobby I end up getting passed on turn 1 constantly by turds going way out wide with no negative consequences at all.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If anyone doesn't have Forza 6 and wants to save ten bucks, I'm selling a code.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743716

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
If anyone's up for some racing tonight hit up me or Dizzle. We're on now.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Another evening with pubbies. Sacrifices were made in the kink.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Do you ever tell people you're a professional gooncar driver?

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
Did they hide in-depth car info anywhere or is it all horsepower and scales of 10?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

L_Harrison posted:

Another evening with pubbies. Sacrifices were made in the kink.

Are you playing in league, or just regular multiplayer?

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
S class hopper, that one was.

I also accidentally wrecked someone because I thought I had finished the race and let go of the controller. I may not be bright.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

L_Harrison posted:

S class hopper, that one was.

I also accidentally wrecked someone because I thought I had finished the race and let go of the controller. I may not be bright.

Reminds me of that crash a month or so ago in GP2.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

The Royal Scrub posted:

Did they hide in-depth car info anywhere or is it all horsepower and scales of 10?

Press Y or up or something, and it will tell you your HP/TQ/Weight/Balance stuff.

If you need your RPM's for tuning, you have to either use Gutbomb's method, or make estimates based on what your dyno readout is in the engine upgrade menu. Your skidpad and tire info is in the tires/wheels section.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Wow that OP Mini Cooper is no joke. I knew something was wrong when I beat whatcubed's time by 5 seconds in D class on COTA. Now if they would only fix their leaderboards.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

This game is very hard compared to 4 it seems! Beautiful though.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Buy a wheel, do a burnout

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
I uploaded 2 videos from onedrive and neither one has sound. Is this normal? Does it take time to appear?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I uploaded 2 videos from onedrive and neither one has sound. Is this normal? Does it take time to appear?

The clips I uploaded are here.. xboxdvr, I'm not so sure about

Gutbomb and geeves giving each other the business

(if this doesn't work, I don't know)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

That works.

Also it's hilarious

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

geeves posted:

The clips I uploaded are here.. xboxdvr, I'm not so sure about

Gutbomb and geeves giving each other the business

(if this doesn't work, I don't know)

I'm sorry.

(I'm not)

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Wikipedia posted:

Target fixation is an attentional phenomenon observed in humans in which an individual becomes so focused on an observed object that their awareness of hazards or obstacles diminishes. The phenomenon is most commonly associated with scenarios in which the observer is in control of a high-speed vehicle or other mode of transportation. In such cases, the observer may fixate so intently on the target that they will not take necessary action to avoid it, thus colliding with it.

The phenomenon is common amongst racing drivers, fighter pilots, motorcyclists, mountain bikers, and surfers, amongst others. When individuals target fixate, they are prone to steer in the direction of their gaze, which is often the ultimate cause of a collision.

The term target fixation was used in World War II fighter-bomber pilot training to describe pilots flying into targets during a strafing or bombing run.

Angle 1: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/e77d96c1-0fff-470b-8308-f47666e94b75?gamerTag=MattD1zzl3&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

Angle 2: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/80dc3707-ace0-4384-a247-551c610e642a?gamerTag=MattD1zzl3&scid=417d0100-b230-41cf-975d-3eaa64f9397e

In front, Pulling half a second on P2 per lap. I dont want to race at watkins glenn anymore. I've crashed out of good finishes the last 4 races in a row.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 27, 2015

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GutBomb posted:

I'm sorry.

(I'm not)

Never be! :hfive: It was glorious.

I didn't mean to brake check you, I was staring at the puddle.

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Angle 1: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/e77d96c1-0fff-470b-8308-f47666e94b75?gamerTag=MattD1zzl3&scid=03a80100-9ff3-46ea-be76-e00e7fe465df

Angle 2: https://account.xbox.com/en-us/gameclip/80dc3707-ace0-4384-a247-551c610e642a?gamerTag=MattD1zzl3&scid=417d0100-b230-41cf-975d-3eaa64f9397e

In front, Pulling half a second on P2 per lap and this happens on the final lap. I dont want to race at watkins glenn anymore. I've crashed out of good finishes the last 4 races in a row.

Yeah your sound isn't recording it seems.

geeves fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Sep 27, 2015

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

geeves posted:

Never be! :hfive: It was glorious.

I didn't mean to brake check you, I was staring at the puddle.

It's just amusing the sheer number of times I actually hit you in that short span of time.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I'd like to remind everyone that Gutbomb is the guy with the big giant effort post about how not to ram into people.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Atmus posted:

I'd like to remind everyone that Gutbomb is the guy with the big giant effort post about how not to ram into people.

:thejoke:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Atmus posted:

:howdy tears: They're more like guidelines. :haw:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

C class fwd. What's everyone's pick? Some of my mates have set a challenge and I thought clio but it's not brilliant 😥
Brands hatch so bigish straight but tight corners.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Brands Hatch is the best but I cannot imagine the horrible clusterfuck that turn 1 is in hopper lobbies. After a straight, blind, poorly cambered and really easy to take too fast.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Every turn 1 in a hopper lobby is a horrible clusterfuck, and it's great.

And the inside curb is a little ridiculous there too. It'll try and flip you over if you barely even graze the thing.

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
I am now regolded.

Have some memory:

Actually interested to see if this spec still pans out two and a half games later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

L_Harrison posted:

Every turn 1 in a hopper lobby is a horrible clusterfuck, and it's great.

And the inside curb is a little ridiculous there too. It'll try and flip you over if you barely even graze the thing.

Sadly, half the races don't even get to turn 1 before people with fast accelerating cars decide it's a good idea to go 4 wide on the first straight away...

The best starts are on Daytona, nobody knows how to handle the cars desire to turn into the infield when you accelerate on a bank...

• Locked thread