Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
This feels relevant in the wake of recent events over the past couple of months.

NRA Sets 1,000 Killed In School Shooting as Amount It would Take for Them to Reconsider much of anything.

quote:

The former member of the American Conservative Union's board of directors further qualified his statement, adding that the NRA's response to 1,000 or so kids being mowed down by a school shooter would more than likely vary based on the age of the students, the school's demographics, and the extenuating circumstances of the situation as a whole.

quote:

"And for argument's sake, let's say it's a situation where 999 people die and the 1,000th person is just the school shooter blowing his brains out," LaPierre continued. "Do you honestly expect me to take that seriously? To me, that seems more like an isolated incident that shouldn't really impact everyone's rights, you know?"

quote:

"At the end of the day, I want to make it very clear that the NRA is in absolutely no rush to change anything," LaPierre later said in a written statement. "One thousand dead kids would have very little impact on us. Now if 50,000 kids died in a school shooting that might be a different story. Something around 50,000 to 80,000 dead kids. You know what, forget that. Maybe something closer to 250,000. Yeah, 250,000 dead kids."

gently caress me. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This one is pretty good too:

NRA Fights Legislation That Would Ban Gun Sales To Those Currently On Killing Sprees

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Much Better: Someone Replaced The Characters In The Saddest Movie Deaths With Saddam Hussein

I've never seen any of these movie deaths but now they really hit home for me.

When This Boy Wanted To Visit Disneyland Before He Died, The Park Refused To Lift His Lifetime Ban

Krinkle has a new favorite as of 20:07 on Sep 19, 2015

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
This War Will Destabilize The Entire Mideast Region And Set Off A Global Shockwave Of Anti-Americanism vs. No it won't

Man, this sucks to read 12 years later.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

:smithicide:

I've had enough dice rolling from warhawk presidents. The GOP clowncar warmongering scares me.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Here, take a hit of this; it'll make you feel better.

"High" School

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gallup Pollster Forced To Cut Off Another GOP Voter’s Enraged Rant In Order To Get To Next Call

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Looks like StarWipe is up.

I feel like it's pretty close to ClickHole's territory. Obviously it's only day one, so maybe it'll find its specific voice in a few days.

AtraMorS
Feb 29, 2004

If at the end of a war story you feel that some tiny bit of rectitude has been salvaged from the larger waste, you have been made the victim of a very old and terrible lie
From StarWipe, Megan Fox Posts “I’m Still Here,” Takes Confusing Stance On Object Permanence

quote:

Unfortunately, Megan Fox does not make epistemology easy for us.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

They're off to a good start: Pink Opens Up About Eating Meat Again And, By God, We’re Going To Squeeze 400 Words Out Of It

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Turns out that Starwipe is being run by former AV Club senior editor Sean O'Neal.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Haha this is great: Emmys Looks That Stole The Show Celebrating A Vulgar, Illegitimate Medium

quote:

Husband and wife duo—and dual nominees!—William H. Macy and Felicity Huffman made an excellent pair in their matching midnight blue ensembles, looking as committed to each other as they are to abandoning the legitimate theater. Still, it’s hard to fault them, given that today’s dullard audiences have no appreciation for genuinely compelling craftsmanship like that of the David Mamet plays where Macy and Huffman cut their teeth (even with the curse words). Instead, Macy was recognized for Shameless and Huffman for American Crime, two titles that describe television perfectly.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Those tags are amazing. :allears:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Pope Francis Reverses Position On Capitalism After Seeing Wide Variety Of American Oreos

SpaceViking
Sep 2, 2011

Who put the stars in the sky? Coyote will say he did it himself, and it is not a lie.
Starwipe Bullpen-Wait For It

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh man, Carol... :ohdear:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

I remember reading an account from a North Korean defector who said that a turning point in his life that started him questioning his government was using a set of Made in USA stamped nail clippers, and how they were much better than anything he had used from DPRK or China.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

It might be an intentional reference to this incident.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Voters Look On In Horror As 3 New Republican Candidates Appear In Place Of Scott Walker

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Sean Penn Sues Over Suggestion His Domestic Abuse Is Public Knowledge, When He’s Always Been Very Private About It

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Here, take a hit of this; it'll make you feel better.

"High" School

Ever since they legalized :gay: marriage, society has been falling apart.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Murmur Twin posted:

Ever since they legalized gay marriage outlawed feudalism, society has been falling apart.

drat kids.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Man Hates It When Other Guys Treat His Girlfriend With Respect

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
This old one showed up on my FB feed.

Baby Knocked Out With Cough Syrup Praised For Being Such A Good Little Traveler

Go pick on someone else, Sad Kevin <:mad:>

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Word ‘Millennials’ Forced Into Headline To Boost Pageviews

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Meg Ryan Not Going Broke, Meaning She Has Plenty Of Money To Donate To Bernie Sanders

Echo Chamber has a new favorite as of 16:34 on Sep 24, 2015

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Study: Technology Making It Easier For Mankind To Get More Annoyed Than Ever

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I know it's a cliche, but that is literally me.

To make up for my annoying no-content post, here's a classic:

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/school-bully-not-so-tough-since-being-molested-8848

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Horrified Pope Calls Philadelphia Humanity’s Greatest Sin Against God

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Being 38 In Hollywood “Not Fun” Says Actress Who’s Never Been 38-Year-Old Toll Booth Operator On The Pennsylvania Turnpike

:smith:

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

My first exposure to The Onion was on a trip to visit some relatives in Wisconsin where I picked up a copy featuring another article featuring Philadelphia.

Somebody at The Onion must really hate Pennsylvania.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

A Terrible Person posted:

My first exposure to The Onion was on a trip to visit some relatives in Wisconsin where I picked up a copy featuring another article featuring Philadelphia.

Bashing Philly for being a cesspool of godawful human beings is the lowest of low-hanging fruit.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

A Terrible Person posted:

This $29 Will Feed My Family Or Put A Pittsburgh Steelers Cap On My Head

quote:

poo poo, that's a no-brainer. It's not like the kids are going to starve to death if they miss supper one night. [...] As for baby Amber, she's still on the bottle, so if we're out of formula for a day, she can just go on the tit. That's what God made 'em for.
God even the stock photo they used for the subject is loving spot on:

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Counterpoint:

Screen Actors Guild Develops Retraining Program For 30-Year-Old Actresses Aging Out Of Workforce

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Mark Wahlberg Seeks Pope’s Forgiveness For His Movies, Probably Just Forgot About Those Hate Crimes

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

So Sweet! Watch This Sleepy Bear Cub Come Out Of His Burrow After A Long Hibernation

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Big Deal, Bruno Mars Also Contains Water

http://www.starwipe.com/article/big-deal-bruno-mars-also-contains-water-579

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012

I fuckin knew it, and I'm so glad I was right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

These are getting too obvious because they're actual clickbait article titles.