Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

Matt Jones or Dion Lewis?

and Derek Carr or Mariota? (loving Romo)

Looks like I (probably) made the right choice in sticking with Lewis. I have Mariota plugged in to start right now but ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

SlipUp posted:

Jackson. Wright is gonna pull Vontae Davis is coverage.

TJ Yeldon @NE or Justin Forsett vsCIN?

This is a tough one. Yeldon is getting all the snaps and NE is a sieve up the middle. Expect JAX to exploit that as much as possible - (huge) IF - they are within striking distance of NE. If NE pulls away from them, Yeldon will still stay in the game but JAX won't be running up the middle as much.

Forsett benefits from Taliaferro possibly missing the game, but CIN defense is pretty stout against ground-based RBs but gives up a shitton of production to scatbacks, of which Forsett would be considered one:

1 @Oak 15 attempts, 55 yards, 0 TDs
2 SD 24 atttempts 126 yards 0 TDs

I think three things are helping you pick Forsett here: NE is stouter against the RB position overall, Taliaferro is banged up, and CIN is the weakest team against pass-catching RBs (and Flacco is preferable to Bortles).

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Butter Hole posted:

Gordon is tempting here, doesn't Minnesota have a p. bad run D?

Here's mine:

Pick one:
J. Forsett vs CIN
D. Woodhead @ MIN
A. Abdullah vs DEN

Pick one:
J. Matthews @NYJ
D. Moncrief @TEN
V. Jackson @HOU

Pick one:
L. Miller vs Buf
D. Freeman @DAL
D. Baldwin vs CHI
G. Tate vs DEN
R White @ DAL

Agree with all except your last. I think Miller and Freeman both have low-scoring games against those D's and Baldwin has the best matchup.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Yahoo standard PPR
RB
J Charles @ GB
B Sankey v IND
J Forsett v CIN

TE
J Graham v CHI
C Gillmore v CIN

I'm still not confident that Jimmy will see enough action.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Intruder posted:

:mad:

Nature of the beast, I know

To be fair Morris and Jones stunk it up.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
Start Evans, L. Miller or Brees or leave them all benched?

Current starters:

QB: Luck, Mariota
RB: D. Johnson, CJA, Yeldon
WR: Cooper, Moncrief, Allen, Lockett (return yards count)
TE: Walker

4PaTD, 6PRTD

Also, which D: Denver or Houston? Leaning Houston v. Jameis

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008
Need to fill WR and FLEX, .5 ppr, 1pt 25 ret yds

Blount
Abdullah
Moncrief
Cooks
Wallace

Big money league and I'm facing Brady, Lynch Calvin and Hopkins so I need every point!

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008

Mr. BT posted:

Start Evans, L. Miller or Brees or leave them all benched?

Current starters:

QB: Luck, Mariota
RB: D. Johnson, CJA, Yeldon
WR: Cooper, Moncrief, Allen, Lockett (return yards count)
TE: Walker

4PaTD, 6PRTD

Also, which D: Denver or Houston? Leaning Houston v. Jameis

You are set. Houston is the D.

IKillForPie
Jan 13, 2006

Is that a pie in your pocket?
Last one before Sunday for me. Standard Scoring

Shady vs. Miami

OR

J.Stew vs. NO

I have Shady sitting on my flex position right now I have JStew on the bench.

RB Depth is:

Blount (NE) - possibly might have a big week vs. Jax, not willing to pass him up quite yet
D. Johnson (Ari) - hopefully will have another big week
McCoy (Buf)
Bell (Det) - Relatively unproductive - thinking of using for waiver space in the next few weeks.
Davis (KC) - Keeping just in case as a handcuff
Sproles (Phi) - Philly is against Jets this week probably going to keep on the bench
Stewart (Car)

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Is it worth plugging Deangelo Williams into my flex spot this week? Do you think he'll get much action now that Bell is back? For what it's worth, I have Bell, too.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Chill Penguin posted:

Yahoo standard PPR
RB
J Charles @ GB
B Sankey v IND
J Forsett v CIN

TE
J Graham v CHI
C Gillmore v CIN

I'm still not confident that Jimmy will see enough action.

As a Bears fan pick Jimmy Graham. The Bears Coverage is god awful.

If you have any decent reciever playing the Bears, pick them. the ghost of Larry Fitzgerald put up 3 TD's, James Jones who got cut by the drat Giants put up points against the Bears.

If you have any semi-decent offensive player going against the Bears pick them pick them pick them.

Also wish I would have played Jordan Reed. :smith:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Intruder posted:

:mad:

Nature of the beast, I know

I am the worst. My apologies Intruder. If it makes you feel any better, I was on the Morris train when it crashed too, but I had just traded for him...

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

IKillForPie posted:

Last one before Sunday for me. Standard Scoring

Shady vs. Miami

OR

J.Stew vs. NO

I have Shady sitting on my flex position right now I have JStew on the bench.

RB Depth is:

Blount (NE) - possibly might have a big week vs. Jax, not willing to pass him up quite yet
D. Johnson (Ari) - hopefully will have another big week
McCoy (Buf)
Bell (Det) - Relatively unproductive - thinking of using for waiver space in the next few weeks.
Davis (KC) - Keeping just in case as a handcuff
Sproles (Phi) - Philly is against Jets this week probably going to keep on the bench
Stewart (Car)

If jstew starts, he's a must play against NO, given that core. Is this no PPR? I'd go jstew, shady, d johnson

Repeating for the third time, in simpler form:

FLEX, standard scoring, no ppr:
Starks
Smith Sr
Yeldon

Worried I won't get a go/no-go on Lacy until it's too late to swap out starks, but starks has the highest upside by far. Would you start Yeldon/Smith before knowing? Starks as RB2 with a limited lacy might not be a terrible option...

TheZissou
Aug 23, 2006

You left your dog, you idiots!
It's the battle of the Andrews.

Do I start Andy Dalton @ BAL over Andrew Luck @ TEN???

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

TheZissou posted:

Luck.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

TheZissou posted:

As a Bengals homer, Luck.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

MrSargent posted:

I am the worst. My apologies Intruder. If it makes you feel any better, I was on the Morris train when it crashed too, but I had just traded for him...

I was just joking about the mad part, I was leaning Morris myself anyway so oh well

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I would go Yeldon over Steve Smith, just because the Bengals D has been really good. The only risk in that is if New England goes up big early, then he won't see as many touches. Tough call on the Starks situation, at least you can wait one more day to decide.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

ExCruceLeo posted:

Need some input on RB and TE. 1ppr

Pick one:
D. Lewis vs JAC
J. Forsett vs CIN - leaning towards
D. Woodhead @ MIN

Pick one:

T Eifert @ Bal - leaning towards
H Miller @ STL
G. Olsen @ NO

I'm pretty torn and feel like they will all perform around the same.

Bump. Any input?

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I'm awash in mediocre performances and it's really making me doubt my lineup: 0.5 PPR

I was thinking of moving Woodhead to RB2, benching Miller and playing VJax in the flex spot? Also can't decide if Seattle is going to try to may Graham happy while dismantling Chicago's defense or if Eifert will continue to be one of Dalton's favorites.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

ExCruceLeo posted:

Bump. Any input?

I would definitely play Woodhead and Eifert. Woodhead in 1PPR is incredible and there are question marks at the other 2 slots. Eifert has been seeing a lot of red zone targets and decent yardage so far and I will continue to ride that train. Also, are you rostering 3 Tight Ends?

Ouhei posted:

I'm awash in mediocre performances and it's really making me doubt my lineup: 0.5 PPR

I was thinking of moving Woodhead to RB2, benching Miller and playing VJax in the flex spot? Also can't decide if Seattle is going to try to may Graham happy while dismantling Chicago's defense or if Eifert will continue to be one of Dalton's favorites.

In half PPR would definitely take Woodhead over Miller (as a Miller owner myself). I would not play Graham until that offense shows he will actually be used. Like above, I am riding the Eifert train all the way.

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 25, 2015

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

MrSargent posted:

I would definitely play Woodhead and Eifert. Woodhead in 1PPR is incredible and there are question marks at the other 2 slots. Eifert has been seeing a lot of red zone targets and decent yardage so far and I will continue to ride that train. Also, are you rostering 3 Tight Ends?

Thanks!

We have a 6 man league so I just pickup anyone who is looking decent as the rest of my team is already stacked.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Intruder posted:

I was just joking about the mad part, I was leaning Morris myself anyway so oh well

I realized that with all of the posting I have been doing in this thread, I am really setting myself up for failure. I need a little disclaimer at the bottom of my posts.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I want to hop on the train, but I need some goon validation.

6pt TDs across the board.

Stafford vs. Den
Tyrod @ Mia

I'm thinking its Tyrod Time!

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Brees is out. 0PPR

Should I bench Cooks for either
K. Wright,
James Jones,
or stay put?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

SeannieDarko posted:

I want to hop on the train, but I need some goon validation.

6pt TDs across the board.

Stafford vs. Den
Tyrod @ Mia

I'm thinking its Tyrod Time!

That Denver Defense is legit, I would be worried about playing an injured Stafford against them especially when he hasn't looked that good yet this season. I think Tyrod is the less risky option which seems crazy to say.

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Brees is out. 0PPR

Should I bench Cooks for either
K. Wright,
James Jones,
or stay put?

James Jones looks like he is going to be very TD dependent which I don't like and Wright has seen inconsistent usage. None are great options. The only one I would switch to would be James Jones because I trust Rodgers more than Luke *hahahaha* McCown.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

This is what I get for drafting a bunch of middling RB...I never know who to play.

Pick 2 RB and 1 Flex. No PPR

D. Lewis vs JAX
D. Freeman @ DAL
I. Crowell vs OAK

M. Ingram @ CAR
F. Gore @ TEN
D. Moncrief @ TEN
V. Jackson @HOU
D. Williams @ STL

Bolded is who I've got in there right now.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Boywunda posted:

This is what I get for drafting a bunch of middling RB...I never know who to play.

Pick 2 RB and 1 Flex. No PPR

D. Lewis vs JAX
D. Freeman @ DAL
I. Crowell vs OAK

M. Ingram @ CAR
F. Gore @ TEN
D. Moncrief @ TEN
V. Jackson @HOU
D. Williams @ STL

Bolded is who I've got in there right now.

Ugh I would not want to play Freeman at all. Crowell isn't a bad play in the flex because the Raiders have a terrible Run D. I would rather play Ingram or move Crowell to the RB2 and play Moncrief. Moncrief was the only bright spot on the Colts offense and I think they bounce back against Tennesee this week.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
With Brees out should I worry about Ingram? My only option is to put in Bernard but I'm not good enough to know if that's a good move.
Jones only got me 1 point so I'm a little worried with my RB options.

Scoring is No PPR and 100+ yrds 5pts

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Digital Jedi posted:

With Brees out should I worry about Ingram? My only option is to put in Bernard but I'm not good enough to know if that's a good move.
Jones only got me 1 point so I'm a little worried with my RB options.

Scoring is No PPR and 100+ yrds 5pts

Nah. Ingram gone get crazy volume.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

My flex situation is looking really iffy.

Currently have:
Lamar Miller @Buffalo

On Bench:
Golden Tate @Denver
Davante Adams @KC
Boldin @ Arizona

I could also throw in Gurley against Pittsburgh but that is too risky for my taste. Basically all of my matchups are terrible so I have no idea what to do.

Sheeple
Nov 1, 2011
Struggling between Tannehill at Buffalo or Mariota at Indianapolis. Standard yahoo league.

Every thing I read is saying Tannehill but Buffalo is supposed to be pretty tough, Mariotta might have an easier time of it in Indy....

This is my first fantasy experience and I'm currently 2-0 in first place mainly due to the advice in these and the value based guessing threads so thanks!

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Need a flex, .5 ppr

Danny Woodhead @ Minnesota
or
Golden Tate vs Denver

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Fentry posted:

Need a flex, .5 ppr

Danny Woodhead @ Minnesota
or
Golden Tate vs Denver

As a Tate owner, I am sitting him against Denver. I like Woodhead in any PPR setting.

Reggie Died
Mar 24, 2004
Could use some Flex help in my non-PPR league.

Yeldon vs NE
Lewis vs JAX
Blount vs JAX
J.Brown vs SF

I also have Hillman and D.Williams (own Bell), but think it's between Yeldon or Lewis.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Sheeple posted:

Struggling between Tannehill at Buffalo or Mariota at Indianapolis. Standard yahoo league.

Every thing I read is saying Tannehill but Buffalo is supposed to be pretty tough, Mariotta might have an easier time of it in Indy....

This is my first fantasy experience and I'm currently 2-0 in first place mainly due to the advice in these and the value based guessing threads so thanks!

you have both of these backwards, both these QBs are at home.

Indy's defense won't be nearly as sorry as it was on Monday since Vontae Davis is back. I think Mariota has the higher ceiling due to garbage time potential, but Tannehill has a higher floor. Depends what you're looking for based on the rest of your lineup.

Nick of Time
Mar 18, 2007
Standard Yahoo, No PPR

Need help picking two of the following:

Frank Gore @ Tennessee
Carlos Hyde @ Arizona
Joseph Randle @ Atlanta
DeAngelo Williams @ St. Louis
Bishop Sankey @ Indianapolis

I'm currently going with Gore and Hyde (as long as he isn't injured).

Thoughts? Also after this week I'll likely drop DeAngelo Williams.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."

I'd definitely stick with Gore and Hyde. With Romo and Dez out so the defense can focus on the run and a shared backfield Randle might struggle. Who knows if Williams will be used if Bell's back. Sankey's a bit of a wild card as indy's run D was bad last year but he's not a great player.

Who do I flex? Standard scoring.

John Brown v SF (big play potential)
Allen Robinson at Patriots (main target and likely garbage time potential)

Or Ivory, if he ends up playing, but I'd probably rather stick to someone healthy.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
Houston D vs Tampa or Jets D vs Philly?

I'm currently leaning Houston. While the Jets D is good, I think the Eagles Offense is better then it's record and that TB is terrible. I'm feeling Jameis is good for at least 2 picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
I have Tannehill as my starting QB but im a bit concerned that he us a bit hobbled, missing his LT and facing the bills this week.

Does anyone think Dalton, Mariota or Kaep are better starts this week. They are all FA and id be dropping Charles Johnson (ie who cares).

• Locked thread