Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
I've been agonizing over dropping Ryan Braun but I can't hold out anymore. I'm in a H2H semi-final with no hitting bench (need as many SPs as possible) and I'm thinking the Brewers have effectively shut Braun down but just aren't confirming it yet.

I coasted to a first place regular season finish but over the past 3 weeks I've lost: Tulo, Billy Hamilton and now Braun to injury.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zack, no :ohdear:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

which zack? britton?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Abel Wingnut posted:

which zack? britton?

bawfuls posted:

He got scratched from his start tonight with a calf issue, so he won't make it to 20 ~WiNz~

Vote will be quite close in the end I suspect

he = Greinke

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I've had Iwakuma, Stroman and Smyly push me so far ahead in my pitching H2H categories.

But the unexpected deaths of Adam Jones and Ryan Braun will probably end me :shepicide:

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS
drat am I glad to see Goldschmidt heating up again.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I streamed Bassitt today because I'm a loving idiot.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Good old Wade Miley today with one of my biggest frustrations in fantasy baseball: a guy having a quality start and then being left in too long until he no longer has a quality start.

I'm up 10-1 in the semifinals, but all of the categories are still too close for comfort. I think I'm going to use my final two roster moves of the week on an offensive stream and one more pitcher start. Hope I don't gently caress up!!!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Tom Koehler at home vs ATL looks like a good bet. Ender Inciarte, if available, has been pretty good lately and might be a FA.

And if for some reason nobody has Michael Conforto, (FA in my league) that might be a good pickup.

My season is over. :( I lost to "prospects guy"

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Sep 25, 2015

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Moneyball posted:

Tom Koehler at home vs ATL looks like a good bet. Ender Inciarte, if available, has been pretty good lately and might be a FA.

And if for some reason nobody has Michael Conforto, (FA in my league) that might be a good pickup.

My season is over. :( I lost to "prospects guy"

I picked up Koehler because of his 2 start week, lets hope he does better this time!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

DeepDickPizza posted:

Good old Wade Miley today with one of my biggest frustrations in fantasy baseball: a guy having a quality start and then being left in too long until he no longer has a quality start.

I'm up 10-1 in the semifinals, but all of the categories are still too close for comfort. I think I'm going to use my final two roster moves of the week on an offensive stream and one more pitcher start. Hope I don't gently caress up!!!

:(:hf::(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MUCH PITCHING TOMORROW :byodood:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I like how my team decided now to do anything.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MUCH PITCHING TOMORROW :byodood:

omfg it didn't save me moving lester to starting today. :suicide:

welp, offense poo poo the bed. i'm stupid, and stupid poo poo like wade miley will likely have me bouncing on my merry way.

It would be funny if I beat you in saves, though. After tallying a total of 0 through the first 18 weeks of the season. :lol:

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Sep 25, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

It would be funny if I beat you in saves, though. After tallying a total of 0 through the first 18 weeks of the season. :lol:

Darren O'Day is such a dick :negative:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Uh, thanks for whatever that was Ryan Weber. Picked the wrong guy to stream, FML.

e; Final, I hope, ERA of 31.5 to go along with a smooth WHIP of 5!

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Sep 26, 2015

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
None of the four pitchers I've streamed have done anything but hurt me. Meanwhile, my opponent has Rich Hill (yes, that loving Rich Hill) throw a complete game shutout. What the gently caress is this nonsense?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I have Rich Hill, stud last week, stud this week! Things are tight, my P ratios are blown, I have all the O but he is catching up quickly. Still got 5 arms to throw out, don't know what he has.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Michael Corleone posted:

I have Rich Hill, stud last week, stud this week! Things are tight, my P ratios are blown, I have all the O but he is catching up quickly. Still got 5 arms to throw out, don't know what he has.

I have 5 more starts, plus 2 more streaming slots. So most likely 7. However, I thought I was gonna get blown out offensively after a weak start but in 2 at-bats AJ Pollock has brought me back from the brink. Pollock must have been the steal of every draft, I got him for $1.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I stand by my Koehler recommendation. Now watch him get blown out.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Yep, I figured it out, I just want it to be over, last week was bad, this week is worse, now I know what it feels like to get to the World Series IRL and lose, not a good feeling, of course this is fantasy so LOL, but I paid attention all year, so did you, one of us goes home with nothing :(

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm 95% convinced Rich Hill is the name of a player generated by MLB The Show or Hardball Dynasty.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
LOL STREAMING RICH HILL.

Plus starting Corrasco

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Sep 26, 2015

Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS
I streamed Hill and started Carrasco too. I'm benching my pitchers from now on since there's no way I can be beaten in w, era, k, and whip. Time for my offense to step up a bit though.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Rich Hill should have had 2ER but Fenway can't figure out how to build a loving outfield fence.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

It's been a weird week in my two leagues:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
If I lose because it didn't save me moving Lester to SP, I may cry a little. :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

If I lose because it didn't save me moving Lester to SP, I may cry a little. :(

I mean, my two best pitchers didn't pitch at all this week so :shrug:

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
In my money points league where we only get 7 starts and there are 15 teams, I started Arrieta, Cole, Liriano, Strasburg, RICH HILL and Cole Hamels so far. im going to set a league record for points in a week and it's the semifinals. Nice timing.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
World Series Game 7 jitters. That and the Browns, that would make it hard for anyone to sleep!

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
RICH HILL

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
RICH HILL won me the semi finals, and in all likely hood will have played a major role this week if I take it all.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
My opponent, through six starts, has allowed 5 earned runs in 42 innings, with 43 Ks, only 6 walks and only 27 hits allowed

Meanwhile, through six starts, I've allowed only 5 earned runs in 57 INNINGS, with 70Ks and only 28 hits allowed lol.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Won my league and I'm really stoked! :dance:

Murmur Twin, May 29 posted:

In my case it's more a result of having CC Sabathia / Archie Bradley / Ian Kennedy / Carlos Frias all rostered and being desperate enough to pick up lottery tickets for SP. On that note, is Mike Wright worth trying out?

Murmur Twin, June 8 posted:

My season is looking pretty hosed, I'm in a league with a 45 move cap and I've made 33 transactions so far. I think it's safe to say I'm on tiit.

Murmur Twin, June 21 posted:

I offered Ian Desmond + Matt Holliday + Jorge Soler for Joey Votto to an owner who had an empty DL spot, and asked him to throw in whoever he was planning to drop. He agreed.

One of them was Justin Turner :dance::dance::dance:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I'm currently up 6-4. Tied in steals and RBI. Only winning WHIP by .01. I can't settle for a tie as my opponent holds the tiebreaker. I have Bryant and Fowler going tonight and he has Polanco and Coghlan. I have Doolittle and Kimbrel possibly to pitch. He has Tony Watson and Strop.

Time to get the whiskey ready.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Started like this:

Was in 8th place.

Going to the finals like this, knocking off the #1 team en route to my third straight finals appearance.

Never stop fighting. It's a long season.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I apologize for the Koehler recommendation in a non-W, QS league.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
If Dexter Fowler scores 1 run I lose, if not, I win, not even going to watch the game ya right .

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Spoiler alert: you lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Michael Corleone posted:

If Dexter Fowler scores 1 run I lose, if not, I win, not even going to watch the game ya right .

:rip:

• Locked thread