Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Williamsburg lasted a respectable amount of time without a Starbucks, but now the flood gates are open and it's all DD and J Crew and a fuckin BMW dealership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

maniacdevnull posted:

like, someone named jaxxon ayden smith just walked into starbucks in williamsburg and ordered a pumpkin spice latte and he read that story and was like 'dang, what a white fucker'

he was looking at your post history, though

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

maniacdevnull posted:

this is the whitest thing that's ever loving happened ever

Actually last night my brother was trying to pull out one of the spokes from his city-bike cause it had bent out of shape. Our friend (whose condo we had hung out in) didn't have any actual tools at his place so we ended up using a cable stripper. Then a pug named Frederik (as our crown prince is named also) came up and was all over it like a kitten.

That's intensely white imho. And a true story as well.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I like the iPhone 6s.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I like the iPhone 6s.

I really want one but my 5s is still pretty needs suiting.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

maniacdevnull posted:

like, someone named jaxxon ayden smith just walked into starbucks in williamsburg and ordered a pumpkin spice latte and he read that story and was like 'dang, what a white fucker'

i'm p. sure that j.ayden smith is black, dude

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

I bought a 6S and its v nice

100% tax deductible on my company account :smug:

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
the 6s will be a success :)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Dirk Pitt posted:

I listened to rest of the podcast and Siracusa got a :master: in at the end by telling Marco to order a fracture logo and then throw it away after a day.

I'm disappointed no one will call him a navel gazing retard for not being willing to just say "I am donating the proceeds to a charity of my choice"
I just finished the ep. first and foremost I will say it's an excellent Siracusa ep and if you've never listed to atp before it's as good a place as any to jump in. Casey keeps his comments minimal and useful and lets Marco dig his own grave

I am not invested in or angry about the peace thing because I can pat myself on the back for holding off on buying it and b/c Marco is saying he'd rather work on overcast which is something I did buy

Siracusa isn't always 100% spot on but I think he was here. if you listen he doesn't let Marco get away with much and has a pretty good grasp on his head game. he also asked pointed questions and just let the man speak before putting his own (correct) spin on things in the third act

good thing john was acting as a shockingly good interviewer b/c it's unlikely Marco will get any harsher treatment than that going forward. he deserves worse but I think anyone else with the skills and knowledge to do so is conflicted out (gruber, etc)

great ep. thanks for reading my podcast review yospos I hope you liked it. namaste, hail Satan, enjoy some autumnal grilling if weather permits

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
I'd love a 6S but the 5S is still great and gently caress spending twelve hundred earth dollars for a cell phone

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

I just finished the ep. first and foremost I will say it's an excellent Siracusa ep and if you've never listed to atp before it's as good a place as any to jump in. Casey keeps his comments minimal and useful and lets Marco dig his own grave

I am not invested in or angry about the peace thing because I can pat myself on the back for holding off on buying it and b/c Marco is saying he'd rather work on overcast which is something I did buy

Siracusa isn't always 100% spot on but I think he was here. if you listen he doesn't let Marco get away with much and has a pretty good grasp on his head game. he also asked pointed questions and just let the man speak before putting his own (correct) spin on things in the third act

good thing john was acting as a shockingly good interviewer b/c it's unlikely Marco will get any harsher treatment than that going forward. he deserves worse but I think anyone else with the skills and knowledge to do so is conflicted out (gruber, etc)

great ep. thanks for reading my podcast review yospos I hope you liked it. namaste, hail Satan, enjoy some autumnal grilling if weather permits

what's your favourite episode of robot or not

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Pinterest Mom posted:

what's your favourite episode of robot or not
not a fan of it and not quite current on it tbh but going to squirrel out and take the self-driving cars, kitt and transformers eps to be a single talk on "robot cars" and probably the best of a meh bunch

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

neutral was good perhaps because it ended when it should have. i still haven't heard all hypercritical but i'm assuming it doesn't hold up and wasn't really made to

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

ZShakespeare posted:

I'd love a 6S but the 5S is still great and gently caress spending twelve hundred earth dollars for a cell phone

where do you live that you're spending $1200

this does remind me though, i'm still shocked that iPhones in china are $100 more in RMB compared with the US

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

computer parts posted:

16gb 6s in Canada with AppleCare+ is $1206.84 after taxes.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Mr. Apollo posted:

hahahahahahaha

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

siracusa is always the most grounded of them all. his criticisms are valid and are almost never emotional. the problem with marco's personality is that u can tell hes just so miserly and thats why hes always got the "cynical takes" about stuff like 16GB iphones.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
half of the latest episode was just marco repeating himself over and over saying "i didn't want to be the face of adblockibg!!!"

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

update after 24 hrs: it's too big kind of but the display is so nice and it's so fast that I almost don't care. 3D Touch is not as great as Touch ID. ok, thanks

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

actualy do any of yall have a 4s? how does it run after the init

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Mr. Apollo posted:

omg kill yourself

my pinku "bro's gold" iphone 6s+ with applecare+ was $1160 US.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the iphone 6s is $400 if you sign a lovely 2 year contract in canada.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Snapchat A Titty posted:

actualy do any of yall have a 4s? how does it run after the init

my 4s runs incredibly well since I was smart enough not to install ios 6 or later

Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

Stymie posted:

my 4s runs incredibly well since I was smart enough not to install ios 6 or later
im curious how well ios 5 handles web pages these days. would you mind posing a screenshot of some recently updated website so I can see?

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

nilay would rather die than become a suit

https://instagram.com/p/8IIjf8G0Dw/

crusader_complex
Jun 4, 2012
ROCK AND ROEL

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

computer parts posted:

this does remind me though, i'm still shocked that iPhones in china are $100 more in RMB compared with the US

dont be too surprised. china has a 17% tax on almost everything which is already included in the written prices

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

cremnob posted:

nilay would rather die than become a suit

https://instagram.com/p/8IIjf8G0Dw/

Lmao

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Soldier of Fortran posted:

im curious how well ios 5 handles web pages these days. would you mind posing a screenshot of some recently updated website so I can see?

why do people keep engaging with stymie

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
everyone knows he's rocking a rose gold 6s plus anyway

with grip tape on the back

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Mr. Apollo posted:

Apple taxes

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Soldier of Fortran posted:

lol nice try but stymie will activate his privacy protection subroutine whenever someone tries to get him to show off his 4s with ios 5.

i do have a 4 with ios 6 installed and apple's homepage now brings safari to its knees :( it froze entirely the other day

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

uncurable mlady posted:

why do people keep engaging with stymie

some people are just stupid

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my ipad 1 with ios 5 does a little better, but imessage wont activate properly on it anymore :(

itunes match still works, but any apple music ive added to my library is grayed out

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i scanned through the last 100 or so posts and idk why the gently caress the retarded apple spergs in this forum always want to discuss the tiny details of how buying stuff manufactured in another country works. we get it, you're a stupid fag. we don't need you to spell it out though

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Larry Parrish posted:

i scanned through the last 100 or so posts and idk why the gently caress the retarded apple spergs in this forum always want to discuss the tiny details of how buying stuff manufactured in another country works. we get it, you're a stupid fag. we don't need you to spell it out though

thank you for sharing this information with us

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

watch out. he said the fag word and has an ahx av. you might not walk away from this one

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

huh?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

apparently they're waterproof to some extent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
you should definitely dunk your phone and find out

• Locked thread