Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Monomythian posted:

It's probably the junglers fault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Really? I'd except Garen to just walk up and punch her in the face.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Thanks for the help guys. My jungler was a Braum so he only ganked my lane like once :v:

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

What happened to Riot saying that were putting in some sort of measure to end games if someone doesn't connect at the beginning. What the rear end.

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

Really? I'd except Garen to just walk up and punch her in the face.

I actually think Garen is super overrated, but maybe suck players always pick him because they expect an easy win.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Monomythian posted:

I actually think Garen is super overrated, but maybe suck players always pick him because they expect an easy win.

My experience in bot lane "support" Garen is him walking up and punching me in the face, so :shrug:

(Does jack poo poo the rest of the game, but hey.)

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

I'm having a lot of fun with nu warrior but I think this is the best way to build J4 jungle right now. Warrior just falls off too hard in the mid and lategame for soloqueue.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Monomythian posted:

yeah *looks significantly @ loosey*

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

A cool drat horse posted:

What happened to Riot saying that were putting in some sort of measure to end games if someone doesn't connect at the beginning. What the rear end.

I don't think Riot ever said anything like this. They've used a lot of vague language about how they understand that it's frustrating when someone doesn't connect and how they're investigating possible solutions (for the last several years), but I'm pretty sure "let players agree to end a game early" has never been one of them.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
People can already agree to end the game early, it's called waiting in fountain.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Garen is still pretty strong. He's manly, I love him.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
General piece of advice for people here: learn to alter your build orders to fit the situation. You have no idea how much people struggle with this. I went Veigar Top against a Heimer who thought he would be fighting a Darius, and the dude still started building armor against me. This is just one example of many I see in loving Diamond.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Gotta rush that hourglass as Heimer, man.

Don't get me started about mid immobile squishy mage players who rush Athene's against Talon or Zed...

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
As per thread rules I have to repost this, the best League video ever, every 6 months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bOnrJlxJIw

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Counterpoint, far older, but still up there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-yqbzUE20s

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Jesus christ these old maps

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I wish they kept old skins, models, etc. as options.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So which site gives out info about the other team's runes and masteries? Last game I saw someone on my side commenting about the AP runes of an enemy Leblanc before even seeing her, and then I forgot about asking later

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Also pretty drat old:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIjBf8mwWYc

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Darius should poo poo on Jayce pretty hard. If Jayce is in range to auto then Darius is in range to Q and that's not a good trade, and one misposition means death against Darius.

E: apparently it's a Jayce favored matchup according to champion.gg, so take this with a grain of salt.

Monomythian posted:

Garen into Jinx in toplane is the definition of freelo. Any time Jinx tries to cs in minigun mode she should eat a full QE combo and using rockets means pushing lane. And jinx has 0 mobility. Garen has an amazingly good mid/late game and a kit that absolutely destroys melee and low mobility champs. Just don't play him into Darius, that matchup is absolutely brutal.

blah_blah fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Sep 27, 2015

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

frajaq posted:

So which site gives out info about the other team's runes and masteries? Last game I saw someone on my side commenting about the AP runes of an enemy Leblanc before even seeing her, and then I forgot about asking later

op.gg

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I was tempted to post my favorite LoL video but it has no Veigar and it works better in GIF form.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I've not yet been featured on SaltyTeemo with my shiny new b5 account, which is a massive disappointment. Does it even look for OCE games anymore?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
I just missed a single queue pop (that was bugged and didn't pop up) and got a 5 minute queue ban. I'm all in favor of going full Nazi on thosee who waste other people's time, but fix your piece of poo poo game first.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

K8.0 posted:

I just missed a single queue pop (that was bugged and didn't pop up) and got a 5 minute queue ban. I'm all in favor of going full Nazi on thosee who waste other people's time, but fix your piece of poo poo game first.

Riot will never fix the game, why do people even think they would at this point? We ignore spaghetti code and buy 1.5 million dollars of anime skins, they have their priorities straight.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

frajaq posted:

Or download "League Summoner Information, it gives you a replay client and an overlay you can pop up in game with the same info as op.gg.

foutre fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Sep 27, 2015

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

So Titanic Hydra Sion is pretty good, surprised more traditional AD tanky shitlords haven't been picking it up.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

So Titanic Hydra Sion is pretty good, surprised more traditional AD tanky shitlords haven't been picking it up.

Huh?? It's all the rage now. It's a really strong item and I've seen people who don't traditionally scale on ad like Sejuani and Amumu pick it up. It's very powerful!

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

Huh?? It's all the rage now. It's a really strong item and I've seen people who don't traditionally scale on ad like Sejuani and Amumu pick it up. It's very powerful!

I tried it on Sej, got some very strange looks/chat comments for it, but it worked out. It does help speed up her even late game glacial speed clear

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Riot will never fix the game, why do people even think they would at this point? We ignore spaghetti code and buy 1.5 million dollars of anime skins, they have their priorities straight.

I'm well aware of this, which is why I have spent $0 on skins. The only thing I will give Merril/Beck any credit for is that back when they were looking for investors, like circa 2007 maybe, Beck was quoted in some business interview article saying we promise to give absolutely zero fucks about our customers and employees and only ever do what makes us the most money. That's exactly what Riot has always done, at least.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i hate riot games and everything they do but there is NOTHING that will stop me from buying every single anime skin that is released, even for champions i don't actually play

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
bad freemium game skin hype

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I like skins and league. It's an ok game!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

K8.0 posted:

I'm well aware of this, which is why I have spent $0 on skins. The only thing I will give Merril/Beck any credit for is that back when they were looking for investors, like circa 2007 maybe, Beck was quoted in some business interview article saying we promise to give absolutely zero fucks about our customers and employees and only ever do what makes us the most money. That's exactly what Riot has always done, at least.

While it wouldn't surprise me, if you're gonna say this about a company imma need you to source your quotes

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lovechop posted:

i hate riot games and everything they do but there is NOTHING that will stop me from buying every single anime skin that is released, even for champions i don't actually play

The perfect customer.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Please Riot fix Devourer, tia

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Please Riot never fix Devourer, tia

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

mistaya posted:

Please Riot never fix Devourer, tia

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

loving rito making me wait 5 minutes, I demand a refund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
They'r actually providing you with valuable time to reflect on why queueing up is a horrible idea

• Locked thread