Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I like that Dalael is so angry and stupid that both sides can come together to explain to him the very basics of the issues and nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

http://i.imgur.com/Hki87DC.gifv

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

The Human Crouton posted:

I like that Dalael is so angry and stupid that both sides can come together to explain to him the very basics of the issues and nature.

You'd be angry too if you could understand just how hosed up Trump actually is and how many retards here unironically love the guy and/or plan on voting for him. And I can't achieve my life-long dream of becoming The Hulk if I don't get angry all the time.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Dalael posted:

You'd be angry too if you could understand just how hosed up Trump actually is and how many retards here unironically love the guy and/or plan on voting for him. And I can't achieve my life-long dream of becoming The Hulk if I don't get angry all the time.

what if we're not fans of trump but we can already see the writing on the wall? that's the boat i am in. nothing wrong with getting prepared for The Trumpening

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Dalael posted:

There's like maybe 3 people posting on this thread who have in any way indicated they would vote for him in this thread. You need to chill out.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

when the TrumpSS come knocking on my door in 2016, i can show them this thread - "SEE! I WAS A TRUMP SUPPORTER FROM THE BEGINNING! LOOK AT ALL OF MY POSTS! PLEASE DON'T BLACKBAG ME! TRUMP IS THE SAVIOR OF THE GREAT USA!"

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

There's like maybe 3 people posting on this thread who have in any way indicated they would vote for him in this thread. You need to chill out.

I chilled. I chilled. No caps, see? Please dont let Trump take me to the ovens.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Dalael posted:

I chilled. I chilled. No caps, see? Please dont let Trump take me to the ovens.

Mexican rapist account spotted.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to unironically vote for Trump.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
This might sound crazy but I am not going to vote for Trump I have some differences in opinion with the man

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Boomstick Quaid posted:

This might sound crazy but I am not going to vote for Trump I have some differences in opinion with the man

He has 13 months to change your mind.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I once had a conversation with someone who was doing business-level automation. He seemed very hostile to the idea that if many jobs can be automated, maybe we should just let some people live on a universal income. "Surely they can be retrained", he said with a barely-disguised look of disgust on his face.

Holy poo poo missed your reply, ever read the unabomber's manifesto? I know crazy talk right.

"On the other hand it is possible that human control over the machines may be retained. In that case the average man may have control over certain private machines of his own, such as his car of his personal computer, but control over large systems of machines will be in the hands of a tiny elite -- just as it is today, but with two difference. Due to improved techniques the elite will have greater control over the masses; and because human work will no longer be necessary the masses will be superfluous, a useless burden on the system. If the elite is ruthless the may simply decide to exterminate the mass of humanity. If they are humane they may use propaganda or other psychological or biological techniques to reduce the birth rate until the mass of humanity becomes extinct, leaving the world to the elite. Or, if the elite consist of soft-hearted liberals, they may decide to play the role of good shepherds to the rest of the human race. They will see to it that everyone's physical needs are satisfied, that all children are raised under psychologically hygienic conditions, that everyone has a wholesome hobby to keep him busy, and that anyone who may become dissatisfied undergoes "treatment" to cure his "problem." Of course, life will be so purposeless that people will have to be biologically or psychologically engineered either to remove their need for the power process or to make them "sublimate" their drive for power into some harmless hobby. These engineered human beings may be happy in such a society, but they most certainly will not be free. They will have been reduced to the status of domestic animals."

Tenzarin has issued a correction as of 22:50 on Sep 26, 2015

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Tenzarin posted:

Holy poo poo missed your reply, ever read the unabomber's manifesto? I know crazy talk right.

"On the other hand it is possible that human control over the machines may be retained. In that case the average man may have control over certain private machines of his own, such as his car of his personal computer, but control over large systems of machines will be in the hands of a tiny elite -- just as it is today, but with two difference. Due to improved techniques the elite will have greater control over the masses; and because human work will no longer be necessary the masses will be superfluous, a useless burden on the system. If the elite is ruthless the may simply decide to exterminate the mass of humanity. If they are humane they may use propaganda or other psychological or biological techniques to reduce the birth rate until the mass of humanity becomes extinct, leaving the world to the elite. Or, if the elite consist of soft-hearted liberals, they may decide to play the role of good shepherds to the rest of the human race. They will see to it that everyone's physical needs are satisfied, that all children are raised under psychologically hygienic conditions, that everyone has a wholesome hobby to keep him busy, and that anyone who may become dissatisfied undergoes "treatment" to cure his "problem." Of course, life will be so purposeless that people will have to be biologically or psychologically engineered either to remove their need for the power process or to make them "sublimate" their drive for power into some harmless hobby. These engineered human beings may be happy in such a society, but they most certainly will not be free. They will have been reduced to the status of domestic animals."

I, too, have read Brave New World. For some reason that never made me inclined to send letter bombs to people. Different strokes, I guess. :shrug:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Well duh, no one is actually gonna vote for the guy.

You generally don't get a vote in a coup d'etat.

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
I would vote for Trump over any other candidate except Sanders because I like the policies he has put forward, and the fact that he doesn't take donations from dodgy superPACs. What's the big deal with saying that?

crazy eights
Aug 23, 2015

by Lowtax
theres a thread in GBS accusing the trumpeter of rape looks like the slander machine has spun up, but will it stump the trump?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
That was in the news a month or two ago, she made a statement saying that it wasn't true and that was the end of it.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
They guy's teflon. Nothing sticks.

He's rubber, everyone else is glue.

Pueidist
Jan 18, 2004

8-bit retirement home

-Troika- posted:

I'm going to unironically vote for Trump.

same here and I voted for obama twice lol

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Absurd Alhazred posted:

They guy's teflon. Nothing sticks.

He's rubber, everyone else is glue.

Just wait until he unleashes his most effective debate rebuttal: "I know you are, but what am I?"

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I, too, have read Brave New World. For some reason that never made me inclined to send letter bombs to people. Different strokes, I guess. :shrug:

Let's just say, he picked the wrong route to get his message across.

But that was in the 90s and were almost to that point now.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Sir Tonk posted:

That was in the news a month or two ago, she made a statement saying that it wasn't true and that was the end of it.

Lol she said, "Oh no, I just meant that he 'raped' me metaphorically." Incidentally, their divorce included a gag order that prevents her from discussing their marriage without The Donald's permission and his goony lawyer threatens anyone who even mentions the alleged rape. Nothing suspicious there.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Philthy posted:

Vice had this amazing episode of I think it was Alabama that made these crazy laws against illegal immigrants, and holding the farmers and companies responsible. It basically did what they wanted and drove not only the illegals out, but pretty much every legal Hispanic along with them. The farmers suddenly had no one to tend their fields. They said they initially had a few people show up because they needed work, but quit after a few days because it was back breaking, and paid nothing. They all wanted to take breaks every hour and leave at noon. It became such an epidemic that the state was losing billions and farms were forced to begin shutting down. So they sent prisoners to the fields. They did such a terrible job, they had to redo everything they did wrong and it made everything worse. At the end, they began removing the laws they put in place, and they slowly came back, but the state is pretty hosed otherwise. Not like it wasn't to begin with but their economy took a bigger poo poo than normal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_effect

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe

this only really applies if there are more illegals there now than there were before

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Clochette posted:

Lol she said, "Oh no, I just meant that he 'raped' me metaphorically." Incidentally, their divorce included a gag order that prevents her from discussing their marriage without The Donald's permission and his goony lawyer threatens anyone who even mentions the alleged rape. Nothing suspicious there.

Should his lawyer not threaten people who claim he raped his wife?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Trump/Carson gahhh :3:

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Doesn't a large portion of the republican base interpret the bible such that spousal rape is not even a thing in their worldview? They were married, so he can stick his dick in her anytime or anyway he pleases! Also, she is a adulterous whore for having a divorce.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Phyllis Schlafly sure as hell believes that, as does much of the right.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

There's a difference between writing a story where you say "Donald Trump raped his wife" and "there are allegations that Donald Trump raped his wife, here they are." The former is libel, the latter isn't, and threatening a guy who writes the latter is incredibly sketchy.

crazy eights
Aug 23, 2015

by Lowtax

Nietzschean posted:

Doesn't a large portion of the republican base interpret the bible such that spousal rape is not even a thing in their worldview? They were married, so he can stick his dick in her anytime or anyway he pleases! Also, she is a adulterous whore for having a divorce.

No buddy that's not a real thing

Smoothrich
Nov 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

People are just afraid to admit they like almost everything Trump is doing in his campaign because they don't want to be called a racist. Trump has progressive positions on just about everything. Progressive tax code, regulate wall street, expanded mental health services, universal healthcare, various initiatives to combat urban poverty and decay, wants to build more hospitals, was against the Iraqi war, wants to normalize relations with Russia to cooperate on Syria, actually acknowledges that gangs and cartels are the problem in our high crime cities and not the police..

In fact, I think you have to be a racist to not support Trump. Do you think poor immigrant enclaves and predominantly black ghettos are happy that there is so much crime, gangs, drugs, no jobs, and barely functioning public schools, hospitals, and other social programs in their communities? They are some of the worst places in the country to live and I'm amazed Trump has repeatedly talked at length, articulating many ignored socioeconomic problems and targeted policy proposals to help the poorest Americans. He calls shows like MSNBC's Morning Joe every day and talks for an hour straight about this stuff but you only hear MEXICANS ARE RAPISTS! soundbites from 4 months ago on every website and pundit piece.

Why do you think Trump is bitching that the media isn't treating him fairly? They are ignoring like 99.9 percent of what his campaign is about, yellow journalism race-bait fear-mongering to deceive voting Americans, simply because Trump isn't taking their money.

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

crazy eights posted:

No buddy that's not a real thing

it is on freep but that's not really a large contingent of the GOP base

i mean i really hope they're not that large

Abner Cadaver II has issued a correction as of 19:02 on Sep 27, 2015

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Most of the Republican base has probably never even cracked a Bible so they still have more in common with Trump

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Smoothrich posted:

Trump and racism.

I don't agree with some of what you're saying, but I do have something I want to add.

Trump has firmly planted his flag on the "build a wall and Mexico will pay for it" statement. It's a preposterous statement, mostly designed to throw red meat to the racist base. Maybe he even believes it. Whatever the case, you may think to yourself there's no way it could have traction outside of crazy tea party people.

The thing is, it can. As Trump starts to be taken more seriously, and this election gets closer to the general, Trump will start focusing on the idea of the wall keeping drugs and cartels out. That will be his selling point. And so the wall morphs into a dog whistle of sorts. The silent majority can feel good about their unrealized racism ("The wall is about keeping out the drugs and gangs, it's not about Mexicans. See, I'm not racist.") while the base can use it as an excuse for their overt racism. Now something preposterous has become a "mainstream" talking point of "serious" people on CNN. Enjoy.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Abner Cadaver II posted:

it is on freep but that's not really a large contingent of the GOP base

i mean i really hope they're not that large

~ The RNC

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Dahbadu posted:

Now something preposterous has become a "mainstream" talking point of "serious" people on CNN. Enjoy.

lol I love that you can't even go a single post now without mentioning "serious" people in quotations. You are the most passive aggressive poster I have ever seen.

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

A Neurotic Jew posted:

lol I love that you can't even go a single post now without mentioning "serious" people in quotations. You are the most passive aggressive poster I have ever seen.

Yours will be a lovely skull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

Dahbadu posted:

Yours will be a lovely skull.

Mengele, is that you?

• Locked thread