Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004
Hi, Rowdy Ringsports!

I make comedy music under the moniker Hot Dad, and I've had a weird and fun project going on for a little over a month now where I've been making new entrance songs for WWE wrestlers and matching them up to the original footage. And then I overdub weird sound effects over the whole thing and call it done. I'm not actually a wrestling fan (I'm also not NOT a wrestling fan; I just haven't followed it in a long time), but I think that works to my advantage when writing songs in a comedy/parody style (the lyrics are usually fleshed out using Wikipedia).

That being said, the wrestling community as a whole has been incredibly supportive, and this has been by far my most successful online project to date. Uproxx, the A.V. Club, and the Sportster have all done articles about them. r/SquaredCircle blew up my John Cena theme. They did a front page article about them here: http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/wwe-entrance-themes/
Sasha Banks even tweeted about the one I made for her!

Anyway, I'm still going to be doing them for a while, so I decided to stop by and share them with SA's wrestling community! And feel free to throw some requests at me. I can't guarantee that I'll do them all, but I can definitely keep adding them to my list. All the lyrics are in the video descriptions (and on the Bandcamp below).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX29YJK8448

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onMSfF6w7k8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUO3mRJy5j8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtPJlqKA6xs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxAWR4WM_Io

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUt_MtQT2ck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKTM9So-y5U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRQexwtlgh4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmbtVL5Wej4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdDFs5rlZzE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_0F3Jh-WtE

There are a few others (I've done 14 total) on the playlist here:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEX71GsQiGMrZLKvp0Iq4KBoCWjxIuoRm

And then all of the songs are available (sound effect free) for free on my Bandcamp:
https://hotdad.bandcamp.com/album/wrestle

I hope you enjoy! Thanks for watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The Dolph Ziggler was perpetrated by forces within our own **gets cut off**

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

i liked these videos i find them entertaining and i'm enjoying the increasing amount of sound effects

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
you do good work.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you should prob back off on doing ones like the seth rollins video where most of the lines aren't ironic or universally engaging, it's the most "i actually like wrestling" one by far and you want to stay away from that if you want to be a big star on the something awful web site

the rest is good

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Oh hey you ruined all those old tv shows themes too. Guess we've found ourselves a goofy niche.

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax

The Singing Chav posted:

Oh hey you ruined all those old tv shows themes too. Guess we've found ourselves a goofy niche.

he's a fellow musician, singing chav. have a sense of fraternity.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Can't wait to see more people in this thread ripping apart something fun about something they like for some reason

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
These are as 90s as Dolph Ziggler and that witch of a woman Lana. Haven't had a chance to watch em all but have you done Undertaker yet?

Because you should do Undertaker.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Golden Bee posted:

The Dolph Ziggler was perpetrated by forces within our own **gets cut off**

The gov't is doing scary stuff man you wouldn't believe the stuff their doing omg sheeple wake upppppppp

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

i liked these videos i find them entertaining and i'm enjoying the increasing amount of sound effects

Thank you! I'm growing as a sound effects placer. It's taken a lot of hard work, but I think it's finally paying off!

NickRoweFillea posted:

you do good work.

Thanks!!!!

Cavauro posted:

you should prob back off on doing ones like the seth rollins video where most of the lines aren't ironic or universally engaging, it's the most "i actually like wrestling" one by far and you want to stay away from that if you want to be a big star on the something awful web site

the rest is good

I mean, it was nice to take a break from writing about kissing and bladder jokes and make a HARD ROCK ANTHEM for the Seth Rollins. It's got a penis tip joke in there, though! Honestly, I just make a song out of the first melody that comes to my head, and that was the first melody that came to my head. Also, thanks!

The Singing Chav posted:

Hi, the Singing Chav! How are you? Also, my whole life is a niche.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Can't wait to see more people in this thread ripping apart something fun about something they like for some reason

I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

These are as 90s as Dolph Ziggler and that witch of a woman Lana. Haven't had a chance to watch em all but have you done Undertaker yet?

Because you should do Undertaker.

Undertaker is the last one in the OP, buddy!

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
These are enjoyable and good, thank you for doing them rather than literallly any of the other options you had available to you.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

One thing worth noting on relistening is how many wrestler themes are about:
-How we find them attractive
-What they do when they win (typically hugging, kissing, or peeing)
-Whether or not they can last to the end of a wrestling match.

it's fascinating

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I am proud of you. You should be proud.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Conversely, I think the Seth ROllins one is fantastic.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
I like in your videos how everyone is a common noun, The [Wrestler Name].

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I'd seen the John Cena one before, it's hilarious. Glad to see there's so many more of these.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The new randy orton one is hilarious. "He's not just shaving his face, he's shaving everything! And I'm loving what I see."

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

Wazzu posted:

These are enjoyable and good, thank you for doing them rather than literallly any of the other options you had available to you.

Thank you and you're welcome! I only started doing them because one of my followers on Twitter suggested it and I was like "why the hell not?" so here we are! A great inspiration tale, I know.

Golden Bee posted:

One thing worth noting on relistening is how many wrestler themes are about :
-How we find them attractive
-What they do when they win (typically hugging, kissing, or peeing)
-Whether or not they can last to the end of a wrestling match.

it's fascinating

Well, sometimes the "lasting until the end of the match" is about the bladder, so maybe I only really deserve two categories. :( My TV themes had HBO, and these have pissing and hugging and kissing and HOT GUYS.
But yeah, I gotta get back to my original themes. I'm getting a little too accurate. :tinfoil:

Rodney the Piper posted:

I am proud of you. You should be proud.

Thank you! And I am proud, but not too proud.

Cyber Dog posted:

Conversely, I think the Seth ROllins one is fantastic.

Thank you!!!! I really like that one and I was jammin' so hard when I made it and somehow I didn't blow out my voice. I do a lot of synth pop stuff, but I'll go anywhere my brain leads me.

John Quixote posted:

I like in your videos how everyone is a common noun, The [Wrestler Name].

People have been begging for a "double the" when the already exists, but I did Mr. for Undertaker and I think it's realllll classy. :) But yeah, it's always fun!

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Just want you to know I've had the Brock one stuck in my head for weeks now. It's becoming a problem

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo these were already pretty fun but I just lost it at "brought to you by Spirit Airlines - when someone dies, there's always gonna be a spirit" and then the sound effects afterwards. Christ.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

boing

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
These all remind me of 80s sitcom themes. I heard a little Perfect Strangers or My Secret Identity in some of them.

Stardust's makes me think of one of those shows about a nerdy kid who finds cosmic powers and turns into... wait, that's kind of literally Cody Rhodes.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Granted I just started watching these and maybe it's one of those things it helps to get increased exposure to, but I just don't get it. I can tell you put a lot of work into these though and that's cool! Other people love them too and that's also cool!

Actually I guess I should say I think they're really hit and miss for me. The John Cena one was great but some of them (the Sasha Banks one most notably) occupy this really weird territory where they're not as over the top and goofy but they're clearly not serious either. Then again I'm a hypocrite because the Seth Rollins one tickled my funny bone and that's probably the least goofy of them. Oh and the sound effects stuff is really loving funny.

Maybe it's just me and I should shut up though. :)

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Sep 24, 2015

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Randy Orton's is clearly the best.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

The Cena and Stone Cold themes are my favorites so far, and I had a nice gut-laugh at the end of the Dolph Ziggler one. Nice work, dude.

UntilYouAreSoNude
Apr 21, 2008
Keep doing what you're doing, buddy. I personally like that you're sometimes going for a more serious tone every so often, while still including a little bit of silliness. Going for the same sound and goofy themes every time would probably get boring for you!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

This is good poo poo and I hope you have the Triple H and, of course, the Kane on your list :)

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
I told you this in your GBS thread too but you're the man.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

El Generico posted:

I'd seen the John Cena one before, it's hilarious. Glad to see there's so many more of these.

Thank you, buddy! Yeah, I'm gonna do 20-30 total, I think, and get a reasonable album out of it.

Fsmhunk posted:

The new randy orton one is hilarious. "He's not just shaving his face, he's shaving everything! And I'm loving what I see."

Glad to see I'm not the only fan of Randy Orton shaving! ;) ;) ;)

Fentry posted:

Just want you to know I've had the Brock one stuck in my head for weeks now. It's becoming a problem

I'm sorry! I know how that feels; most mornings I have the last song I made stuck in my head and I can't get it out until I work on another.

Jenny Angel posted:

Holy poo poo these were already pretty fun but I just lost it at "brought to you by Spirit Airlines - when someone dies, there's always gonna be a spirit" and then the sound effects afterwards. Christ.

I'm trying to be a little more deliberate in my overdubbing choices (and to savor the video editing process a bit)! And yeah, I think I nailed it with THE RANDY ORTON. At the end, I overdubbed "ICING" and then I went back and added the lip licking just because and then boom, they made sense together and I've been giggling about it ever since.

sticklefifer posted:

These all remind me of 80s sitcom themes. I heard a little Perfect Strangers or My Secret Identity in some of them.

Stardust's makes me think of one of those shows about a nerdy kid who finds cosmic powers and turns into... wait, that's kind of literally Cody Rhodes.

I'm okay with that comparison! Inevitably a lot comedy things I make sound like songs that belong in 80s sitcoms.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Granted I just started watching these and maybe it's one of those things it helps to get increased exposure to, but I just don't get it. I can tell you put a lot of work into these though and that's cool! Other people love them too and that's also cool!

Actually I guess I should say I think they're really hit and miss for me. The John Cena one was great but some of them (the Sasha Banks one most notably) occupy this really weird territory where they're not as over the top and goofy but they're clearly not serious either. Then again I'm a hypocrite because the Seth Rollins one tickled my funny bone and that's probably the least goofy of them. Oh and the sound effects stuff is really loving funny.

Maybe it's just me and I should shut up though. :)

Hey, listen, you're great for trying and being polite and actually watching my vids! Seriously. I totally get it that some people just don't get my sense of humor, and that's fine. Your comment about Sasha Banks is something I'll actually take as a compliment. I really like blurring the lines between parody/tribute, and I especially like when people aren't really sure if they're supposed to laugh. And sometimes I end up making things that are supposed to be stupid and funny, but they end up making me weirdly emotional when I listen to the finished product. The real joke in THE SASHA BANKS is just that the whole chorus is a contemporary christian song with Sasha Banks in place of god. Wasn't thinking of that when I made it (I just started singing "o sasha banks, we give you thanks" one day, so I used it), but it kinda works perfectly for a TRUE BOSS DIVA.

Anyhow, that being said, I do try to scale back the weirdness of the comedy every few videos and sort of reset so I don't wind up lost in outer space.

Nostradingus posted:

Randy Orton's is clearly the best.

Since that's also my latest, I guess that must mean I'm improving!!!!

CombineThresher posted:

The Cena and Stone Cold themes are my favorites so far, and I had a nice gut-laugh at the end of the Dolph Ziggler one. Nice work, dude.

Thank you so much!

UntilYouAreSoNude posted:

Keep doing what you're doing, buddy. I personally like that you're sometimes going for a more serious tone every so often, while still including a little bit of silliness. Going for the same sound and goofy themes every time would probably get boring for you!

Thank you! And thanks for the nice comments you left in my GBS thread right before it got goldmined! I didn't have a chance to respond in time. But yeah, I definitely enjoy playing with moods, and I'm glad you're into it too!

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

This is good poo poo and I hope you have the Triple H and, of course, the Kane on your list :)

Thank YOU! The KANE is currently being worked on!!!! Perfect request. :)

Golashes posted:

I told you this in your GBS thread too but you're the man.

Thank you! I think that you're the man as well!

UntilYouAreSoNude
Apr 21, 2008
The post theme tomfoolery is now up to 1 minute long. I can't wait until the day that it ends up being a full match of boings and squishes.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Good poo poo man. Your buddy hosed up and almost said just Randy Orton at the end of the Randy Orton one and you should be fuckin' pissed about that.

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

UntilYouAreSoNude posted:

The post theme tomfoolery is now up to 1 minute long. I can't wait until the day that it ends up being a full match of boings and squishes.

I'm thinking that once I retire from making WWE songs, I'll end the project with a full, overdubbed match!

That DICK! posted:

Good poo poo man. Your buddy hosed up and almost said just Randy Orton at the end of the Randy Orton one and you should be fuckin' pissed about that.

Yeah, that guy has been causing a lot of problems lately. I think I need to replace him ASAP.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."
If I could make a request, I'd suggest "the Tyler Breeze"

Also, I will make a Halloween mixtape and use the Dolph Ziggler theme song for it, it's spook-tacular!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
These are delightful

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

RaceFat posted:

Thank YOU! The KANE is currently being worked on!!!! Perfect request. :)

http://youtu.be/GwOxQkrm4jY

Just like the Kane himself, I'm sure this video is Satan's delight as well! It sure is mine!

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Sep 26, 2015

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Do Jericho. Part time wrestler, full time rock star and dad! He writes a lot of books!

RaceFat
Jul 12, 2004

TelevisedInsanity posted:

If I could make a request, I'd suggest "the Tyler Breeze"

Also, I will make a Halloween mixtape and use the Dolph Ziggler theme song for it, it's spook-tacular!

I'll add him! And go spook-crazy with the Ziggler, PLZ! :)

triplexpac posted:

These are delightful

Thank you!

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

http://youtu.be/GwOxQkrm4jY

Just like the Kane himself, I'm sure this video is Satan's delight as well! It sure is mine!

Glad you like it! The endings sure are getting pretty weird. And I'm really fond of that song . It was a challenge to put together and it's got one of those poorly rapped middle sections too!

Golden Bee posted:

Do Jericho. Part time wrestler, full time rock star and dad! He writes a lot of books!

I've seen so much Jericho in the footage that I've sifted through that I don't think I could skip that charismatic hunk. :3: :3: :3:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
These videos are growing on me and you're so drat NICE that it also furthers my enjoyment of them. As reigning Positivity King of the forum we need more attitudes like yours in these parts. You're awesome buddy, keep it up! :)

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
These are really fun. They have this kind of 80s 90s feel but also I feel like I'd hear them coming out of animatronic robots at a Chuck E Cheese like place. I think the banter at the end does it, and all the BOINGs. Haha keep up the good work! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UntilYouAreSoNude
Apr 21, 2008
Is Mister Rock in line for a new themesong soon?

• Locked thread