Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Chubbs instead of redshirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

comedyblissoption posted:

yes

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

:agreed:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

If you recall the documentary Independence Day, ship viruses still let perpetrators abscond.

Not if we make sure the virus fries all on board organics.

J.D.Salinate
May 18, 2014

This.

He better done got some moves.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

J.D.Salinate posted:

This.

He better done got some moves.

As it turns out he doesn't!

Update

We send our dance squad over -

Not too tough, right?
We handily win the first round with our water dance but then this happens (99):

One of the DA powers is that they can synch up like this once per sector, and they use this power to beat the hell out of us in the dance competition. We don't have a chance and we immediately lose the next two rounds. But we do at least get something useful out of the thrashing. Turning to 312:

Luckily we don't have our captain on board, or (worse) both our captain and the valet. The Ganymed jumps system with a bunch of losers you're probably glad to see the tails of your heroic crewmates in their shuttle bay. We're left now in an abandoned system with the starship that the robots were looting nearby. There are a few obvious options open to us - what should we do?

Here's the starship manifest:

Skill scores are way down because when a crew member isn't around a redshirt takes over. They always have two skill less than whoever they're taking over from. Also you can't send them on away missions or get them to do anything else. We can replace lost crew at the end of the sector. The good news is our crapulence is way down! Death is an effective cure to greed it turns out.

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Sep 27, 2015

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
We only have once choice: to follow.

Mostly because of Benedict's influence on this ship. SuGaBA should have a virus ready, right? Time to stop doing these silly dances and do this the proper way: MURDER.

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Better the devil we know then the devil we don't. Maybe leave them be. Beseech their parliament funkadelic or whatever they call what is left of their federal bureaucracy for an alliance later. Let's take a quick look at the scavenge then scram in a different direction. Maybe what we think is important is different then what they do.

Fellbat fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 27, 2015

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Pyroi posted:

Mostly because of Benedict's influence on this ship. SuGaBA should have a virus ready, right? Time to stop doing these silly dances and do this the proper way: MURDER.

Loot the wierd box first, maybe they missed something a living being won't.

Also I told you should have sent useless redshirts.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Have SuGaBa use the analysis of Disco to create the virus, then jump to Arix and nuke the DA systems so we can loot their ship and anything they got scavenging the hulk in the Forge.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
i think its worth noting that theyve used up their disco powers so they might be vulnerable atm

J.D.Salinate
May 18, 2014

Pyroi posted:

This is my first instinct because this is a race after all. Also, gently caress those robots.

But:

a) We've got a crew of redshirts who are even more worthless than the crocs they're relieving for;
b) We have no idea if the Arich system will be just an us-and-them situation;
c) We have the virus now, which I assume means we can ruin the Disco Alliance's poo poo next time we run across them; and most importantly
d) Robots looted that derelict ship. It could be chock full of food, booze, massage chairs, nubile catamites, and all sorts of other great swag that computer people hate. Those robots probably only took all the female-ended couplings and Ace of Base tapes and left everything else that would be of value to flesh and (cold)blood creatures. Or it could be a huge floating booby trap. Whatever.

I vote to take a look at the derelict ship for left over loot.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Oh no! Peachfuzz!
He was my favorite guy.
Welp. Let's scavenge what we can and get the gently caress out of here. Prioritize space sunblock to help us with radiation.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Game-wise, we can't afford the loss of two nearly competent crew members. Character-wise, Benedict must be saved before those mechanical fiends devour his flesh and use his hide to make disco boots. Maybe robots don't do that, but it's how Caimen would treat prisoners and I don't think the crew will see through the obvious propaganda.

Whip the crew into a patriotic frenzy then follow. This insult to their honor as a fatgator might make them pay attention for once.

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Oh hell no. They took everything useful off that ship. Have SuGaBa whip up something useful while we pursue. Destroy the disco ship and loot the debris. This will kill our kidnapped officers to keep crapulence down (we don't want them back) and maybe we can loot whatever it was they took.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Should have Rick Rolled the discobots.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

Oh hell no. They took everything useful off that ship. Have SuGaBa whip up something useful while we pursue. Destroy the disco ship and loot the debris. This will kill our kidnapped officers to keep crapulence down (we don't want them back) and maybe we can loot whatever it was they took.

Oh, come on, do you really think the Caiman crew deck has anyone better than that tweaked-out navigator or that big guy who pretty much has nothing particularly wrong with him at all?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

Whip the crew into a patriotic frenzy then follow. This insult to their honor as a fatgator might make them pay attention for once.

the one true course

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Asterios
Apr 17, 2008

So long, Skorpex!

https://www.presidentbaby.com
I vote loot the ship. The DA is so useless they probably forgot they even had our people on board. They'll be fine, I'm sure there was plenty of food in that luxury yacht.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Oh, come on, do you really think the Caiman crew deck has anyone better than that tweaked-out navigator or that big guy who pretty much has nothing particularly wrong with him at all?

Bob and Wrongway are pretty much the best crocs in the deck although there are opportunities to pick up characters from the other species during the adventure.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Welp what a loss! :rolleyes:
We should loot the ship and set it to explode in the number of days before the enemy will warp into this system and then give them an additional surprise. And move on .

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Asterios posted:

I vote loot the ship. The DA is so useless they probably forgot they even had our people on board. They'll be fine, I'm sure there was plenty of food in that luxury yacht.

Speaking of that, I vote Sir Raymond Luxury Yacht as our new navigator when the time comes to draw new cards.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I nominate Grunty for guns.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Thread is split - 7 to follow to Arich, 6 to hang about to do some looting.

Just so you know the DA will be moving fast now that they've run into you - if you take a day to loot the ship you won't catch them in the Arich system.

Applewhite posted:

Speaking of that, I vote Sir Raymond Luxury Yacht as our new navigator when the time comes to draw new cards.

Al Borland posted:

I nominate Grunty for guns.

That's the spirit! Had the captain gone in for the dance contest with the valet, your crew would be picking out a new captain right now.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

I vote follow.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
follow

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Follow

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Gilganixon posted:

Like all professional gamebook LPers, I carefully disassemble the books by unbinding them, and I mount the pages on black card for scanning. I am not up to anything sinister and, above all, I am definitely not a Caiman agent making up a book as we go along in an attempt to find the location of your "Earth".

:objection:
The evidence contradicts your testimony!
You claimed that that so-called "Steve" ripped off all the parts with decisions on them. Yet, by looking at the pages you scanned we can clearly see all the decisions NOT related to our current run to be perfectly intact!
Even more suspiciously every ripped part in this book, as well as the previous one, was always from the bottom of the page, never top or middle. It is therefore obvious, that your explanation is faulty and more importantly, and worryingly, that means you are hiding something from us.
Out with it!

I read the first thread after it was goldmined and it was thoroughly fantastic. This one is shaping up nicely, and i can't wait to see the craziness that this will come up with. But i am the kind of guy who loves the surrounding mythos just as much as the main course, so yeah such wild inconsistensies just prevent me from suspending my disbelief enough.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

I think we found two fisted steve's account. Gilganixon knowing I used to work in a library asked me for advice on book repairing and preservation. I was happy to lend my knowledge of how to repair torn pages using a very heavily toxic glue that melts paper back together while preserving the text.

I hope you're remembering to use proper ventilation!

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Hm I wasn't paying attention. It seems we did lose two of the rare good crocs. Perhaps we should get them back. Can we give commands to our wayward crew and have them attack from within?

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
follow on the halo soundtrack by incubus

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
I am disgusted by the lack of looting and the concern for these subcroc losers.

We all know the price of failure in the caiman empire.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Al Borland posted:

We all know the price of failure in the caiman empire.

About 5,000 krok and a personal favor, right?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Dr Cheeto posted:

About 5,000 krok and a personal favor, right?

Death.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Well, if you're not a Caiman, sure.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Dr Cheeto posted:

Well, if you're not a Caiman, sure.

any caiman that loses clearly is not a caiman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Al Borland posted:

any caiman that loses clearly is not a caiman.

You sound like a skink, Borland. Always "meritocracy" this and "power to the people" that.

• Locked thread