Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Sharkopath posted:

I like when people redesign the old 79 suits that look like butt.

the sharkopath's a cool ma

but it's no bright pink zakrello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The ∀ looks absolutely amazing in motion. It's got gravitas most Gundams lack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MqL8afao_A

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Ernie Muppari posted:

the sharkopath's a cool ma

but it's no bright pink zakrello

The Zock redesign from the ps2 games that makes it entirely symmetrical with four legs is also cool but doesn't actually change a lot of the shape otherwise.

MAXIMUM SYMMETRY

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Motto posted:

Though speaking of both the Turn A and X, it's neat to look at both of their designs and notice the similarities despite the X being even more bizarre than the A in the world of Gundam. It's obviously because they were both made by the same designer for the same series, but taking backstory into account it's interesting to think of how, in-universe, the Turn A itself is an attempt to fit the technology of an extremely alien suit into a relatively more traditional form. Then there's the contrast between the Turn A being a very sleek, "clean" suit, while the Turn X is scarred and asymmetrical, with cracked and missing pieces of plating.

Turn X is one of my favorite designs. It's just so menacing. Mobile suits don't really pull off menacing that well most of the time but it just works on the Turn X.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Turns are some of the sleekest, most futuristic mobile suit designs. The Turn A is so distinct from any other Gundam design yet immediately recognizable as a protagonist suit, and every aspect of its detailing and even the greebling just screams Syd Mead. If you compare it to most of his other work it might not be all that striking, since it suits his aesthetic perfectly. Curved and sleek without being twee in that Apple sort of way, sharp and geometric without being boringly pointy, and confident in its geometry in a way that a lot of conventional designs simply aren't.

Most Gundams simply look like Gundams, in that they were designed by people whose primary inspirations were themselves the Gundam shows they consumed when they were young. The Turn A and to a greater degree the Turn X look futuristic, alien, and yet the elements of their designs fit together to create a pleasing, harmonious whole. They look like they stepped out of another age of science fiction, one familiar to us from the real world past but which evokes visions of a frightening yet elegant future.

Also gently caress getting rid of the stache, what is wrong with you

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Also pardon the double post but this is another topic entirely.

I quite like Sharkopath's posts since, whether serious or dicking around, he really does post from the heart. When he actually does talk about art and writing on a substantive level he's usually more perceptive and on-the-ball than the people he's arguing with, and I can appreciate a guy who can articulate exactly how well a piece of art or writing was technically executed. Accurate and constructive critical analysis is never a bad thing, and in other threads he's usually the most eager poster outside of CC to present a work of art and then analyze it. Manga, paintings, scene composition, you name it. When he's just making fun of a thread and the people in it he usually won't go that far, but the quality of his better posts outweighs, in my opinion, his tendency to bomb other discussions with one-line mockery.

When his white noise and joking around crosses the flood line Seafood or some other mod will rein him in. It's a self-correcting posting ecosystem. If seeing three posts in a row bothers you that much, that Sharkopath is using up all of the internet and not leaving enough for the rest of us, go ahead and report him if you want.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
It's considered a nuisance because anything said in three posts in a row could've been said in one.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Counterpoint: It's fun to post a lot, and fun is all that matters.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh poo poo, IBO OP is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSygLg2_aqs

I feel kinda mixed about it, but I don't hate it, I guess? I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the way it flows bothers me a bit.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's considered a nuisance because anything said in three posts in a row could've been said in one.

And one line ironic bombs could be better said in none.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
WAITING FOR ERECTION

Also wow, IBO comes out next month, huh.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I feel kinda mixed about it, but I don't hate it, I guess? I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about the way it flows bothers me a bit.

It's not 08th MS, Zeta or 0083, or even on AGE or Build Fighters' level, but it's not entirely terrible.

BlitzBlast posted:

Also wow, IBO comes out next month, huh.

gently caress One Punch Man, IBO is the autumn anime I'm most hype for.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Sep 27, 2015

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Has there been any word about streaming or simulcast on IBO, or are we just waiting for the powers that be to remember there's an audience outside Asia wanting to watch too?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Was that "From the Past to the Future" short for G-Reco ever subbed?

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

Raxivace posted:

Was that "From the Past to the Future" short for G-Reco ever subbed?

Not so far. I've been on the lookout for subs since I'm prepping the BD batch for release hopefully by next weekend, but still nothing that I've managed to find.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Well if I've learned anything from playing copious amounts of MGSV, we could just kidnap someone with a weather balloon and then force them to translate the short I guess.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Oh poo poo, IBO OP is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSygLg2_aqs

And one line ironic bombs could be better said in none.

It feels like someone's playing two different songs at the same time that someone somewhere thought matched well but actually don't.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

It is a not good OP.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

It is a not good OP.

However,

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
IBO looks good, but I'm still bothered that there isn't even a token girl soldier, y'know?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Full versions of OPs usually aren't that great. Ever heard the 2nd OP of Eureka 7 full version? Sounds almost nothing like it, in terms of sound quality.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Turn A Turn rules.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Every Monogatari OP.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i really like the OP up until the chorus comes in and fucks up the whole flow

BlitzBlast posted:

WAITING FOR ERECTION

but yeah, this is great

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4DcCVIPJJ0

I only assume the song in the drifters pv is gonna be the op and its still dope as hell

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

All the Jojo ops are pretty good in full.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

MonsieurChoc posted:

IBO looks good, but I'm still bothered that there isn't even a token girl soldier, y'know?

That would ruin Mars Princess's harem

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Thinking it over, theres a tons and tons of good op songs, that ones just bad.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

The fight choreography is actually kinda exciting in that?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Thinking it over, theres a tons and tons of good op songs, that ones just bad.

yeah, i think it's weird to pretend the tv edit is going to fix this op, ignoring that plenty of op/eds have good full versions. the bad part hits like a minute in and will definitely be in the tv version.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It feels like someone's playing two different songs at the same time that someone somewhere thought matched well but actually don't.

After listening to it again this morning, yeah, you hit my complaint with it right on the head. Not the worst Gundam OP, but not something I'd listen to every episode.

That said, goddammit BB, I can't stop hearing WAITING FOR ERECTION now.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

MonsieurChoc posted:

All the women are on Venus, clearly.

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

i fear that g-tekketsu will, much like nippleless free before it, leave me waiting for erection

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So. Frozen Teardrop Spoilers also MGSV comparison spoilers.

It looks like Heero isn't Heero at all he's a clone of Heero named alpha. You see the Heero from Gundam Wing is the Beta Heero, who trained along side the Alpha at the same time, but was the original. Alpha seems to have Beta's memories however.

So they literally pulled a Venom Snake with Heero

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
WHY HAVEN'T THOSE BOOKS GOTTEN AN ENGLISH RELEASE YET

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

waiting for erection?

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax

boom boom boom posted:

They're too pure and good for the English speaking world.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I have trouble imagining a world where translating a Gundam Wing sequel novel in 2015 would be a profitable venture.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Srice posted:

I have trouble imagining a world where translating a Gundam Wing sequel novel in 2015 would be a profitable venture.

It's just the right time to start capitalizing on old Toonami nostalgia

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The fact that they're books is probably the real deal breaker, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TNG
Jan 4, 2001

by Lowtax
Hopefully after IBO, Bandai decides to go completely insane and do a FT anime. That "Stuff only 90s Kids Remember" cultural movement is bringing back Hey Arnold, why not Gundam Wing? I'd watch it, because FT, much like the show it's based upon, is delightfully moronic and hilariously nuts.

• Locked thread