Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Ekster posted:

Is this the thread where 30-somethings make fun of 20-somethings.

actually millennials can be as old as 34

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Ekster posted:

Is this the thread where 30-somethings make fun of 20-somethings.

Its millennials bitching on millennials.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

thathonkey posted:

poo poo

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe

ThePriceIsRight posted:

>be homeless
>pretend to queue for apple product
>cops wont bother you
>enjoy prime tent location in safe area
>sell spot in line on launch day
>drink self to death with the money

>Put up tent at front of line days before
> have small radio playing quietly inside so it seems occupied
> go home

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

withak posted:

If he built that himself then he should definitely be allowed to drive it on the street.

Do you really think a guy who is that obsessed about his looks builds anything for himself?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Uncle Enzo posted:

Agreed on principle- yes I did grow up with computers, but goddamn it it was an accomplishment when you finally got Dark Forces working, after you edited your sys.ini and/or autoexec.bat. Kids who grew up smearing their fingers around an Iphonepadpod had an utterly different experience. I grew up calling random strangers on the internet dickholes and being called the same. I post on a website I paid to join that uses totally archaic tech (bbcode, vbulletin) that uses inline formatting.

My dad installed Windows NT 4.0 on the only computer in the house and told me it wouldn't let me do anything I wasn't supposed to. I went through every folder on C: and ran every executable it would let me, read every text file, and tried to figure out what it all did. Show me a 22 year old that's done that- I TA'd a 400-level undergraduate class a couple years ago and half the students didn't know the difference between a network drive, the two in-computer hard drives, a usb drive and an external harddrive. They barely understood what a directory structure was, much less what a well-organized one looks like. Or how to make or rename a folder. Or what it means and what to do when windows says a file is in use when you're trying to delete it. No understanding of what a drive letter is or what they mean or where they saved something or if they even did save their work.

Kids born in early-to-late eighties: Manually edited system configuration files in order to play Video Gamez, saved money to buy new graphics cards, posted anonymously on lovely websites they often made themselves.

Kids born in the mid-to-late nineties: Press button for game. Game loads. Smear fingers on screen playing gaem. Post on facebook how well you did in game. Upload picture of self flipping off camera while making duckface.

haha

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Have you heard of "The Beatles"?

They are corrupting our youth!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Uncle Enzo posted:

Agreed on principle- yes I did grow up with computers, but goddamn it it was an accomplishment when you finally got Dark Forces working, after you edited your sys.ini and/or autoexec.bat. Kids who grew up smearing their fingers around an Iphonepadpod had an utterly different experience. I grew up calling random strangers on the internet dickholes and being called the same. I post on a website I paid to join that uses totally archaic tech (bbcode, vbulletin) that uses inline formatting.

My dad installed Windows NT 4.0 on the only computer in the house and told me it wouldn't let me do anything I wasn't supposed to. I went through every folder on C: and ran every executable it would let me, read every text file, and tried to figure out what it all did. Show me a 22 year old that's done that- I TA'd a 400-level undergraduate class a couple years ago and half the students didn't know the difference between a network drive, the two in-computer hard drives, a usb drive and an external harddrive. They barely understood what a directory structure was, much less what a well-organized one looks like. Or how to make or rename a folder. Or what it means and what to do when windows says a file is in use when you're trying to delete it. No understanding of what a drive letter is or what they mean or where they saved something or if they even did save their work.

Kids born in early-to-late eighties: Manually edited system configuration files in order to play Video Gamez, saved money to buy new graphics cards, posted anonymously on lovely websites they often made themselves.

Kids born in the mid-to-late nineties: Press button for game. Game loads. Smear fingers on screen playing gaem. Post on facebook how well you did in game. Upload picture of self flipping off camera while making duckface.

Whelp. Him and I are olds. Did all the same poo poo.

There goes my knee, storms a coming Uncle Enzo.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

http://camillestyles.com/food-and-drink/from-camilles-kitchen/pumpkin-spice-tacos/

This is a thing that exists. Why does pumpkins in tacos exist?

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Humans doing retarded poo poo to animals is definitely a millennial thing

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

plain blue jacket posted:

Humans doing retarded poo poo to animals is definitely a millennial thing

Check me out riding this turtle!
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/26/us/sea-turtle-photo-arrest/

Tats confirm millennial

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

You know what, this is steampunk done right. Actually using a steam powered device instead of gluing gears to a hat and rattle canning a Nerf maverick. He's still gonna end up being dragged to death under a Chevy Suburban.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Pumpkin is a versatile gourd which has a surprising variety of culinary uses beyond pies and lattes. The relative wastage of it as a food source in North America, over the past century, is quite boggling to the many Europeans who cook with it regularly. :tipshat:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Rime posted:

Pumpkin is a versatile gourd which has a surprising variety of culinary uses beyond pies and lattes. The relative wastage of it as a food source in North America, over the past century, is quite boggling to the many Europeans who cook with it regularly. :tipshat:

Yeah, and Mexicans eat it, too. Seeing it in tacos is NOT weird.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

thathonkey posted:

it depends on who you ask. Harvard (the best university on the planet) considers 34 year-olds to be part of Generation X.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

notZaar posted:

Do you really think a guy who is that obsessed about his looks builds anything for himself?

lol dude isnt even that good looking , u mad & ugly

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Lasher posted:

Nathan Barley was so ahead of it's time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhAr_UeroCk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fYXWJTy4CRY

He's a genuine prophet

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

He is a motherfucker alright.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Toadvine posted:

lol dude isnt even that good looking , u mad & ugly

he's very hot

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

How is this guy still alive.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

notZaar posted:

he's very hot

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

Rime posted:

the seeds are good too. everyone always throws them out but if you roast them in the oven and season them to taste they're quite delicious

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ekster posted:

How is this guy still alive.

It came from SF

Fluo
May 25, 2007

notZaar posted:

If I ever got in the position to veto job candidates, I would definitely nix any tattooed rear end in a top hat on principal. Tattoos are for criminals and white trash.

Calm down granddad, you do remember you got one when fighting in WW2

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

lmfao

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Bluemillion posted:

You know what, this is steampunk done right. Actually using a steam powered device instead of gluing gears to a hat and rattle canning a Nerf maverick. He's still gonna end up being dragged to death under a Chevy Suburban.

must be a bitch to use a tiny shovel to load likesized pieces of tiny coal into the engine

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Fluo posted:

Calm down granddad, you do remember you got one when fighting in WW2

that's bullshit he got one while camping in ww2

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Frostwerks posted:

that's bullshit he got one while camping in ww2

Lmao

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Lasher posted:

SA has become Dan Ashcroft

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

The Taint Reaper posted:

Nothing but 15 minutes of millenials getting tirggered.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWJT0egzAy0

the parts where he's crashing the lovely seminar thing are pretty drat great but goddamn is his ranting just stupid MRA bullshit. still a good video.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

this is true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akiVi1sR2rM

etalian fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 28, 2015

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Uncle Enzo posted:

My cousin who isn't quite a year younger than me was telling me about his grand plans to become an IT consultant a couple Christmases ago. He then proceeded to explain that Apple hard drives are the only ones you can't erase with a magnet, and some other garbage. So I burst his bubble by explaining that Apple doesn't actually make hard drives, and that many of the components they use are off the shelf just like every other manufacturer. Besides which you can't destabilize a hard drive or flash memory with anything short of a degauser, which most people can't just get a hold of. I imagine the sage advice he planed to dispense would be something along the lines of "buy a mac, lol". He works at Walmart currently.

I probably shouldn't be so hard on him. In between medical problems and exposure to his idiot parents it's probably good that he turned out as well as he did.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Lasher posted:

He has been right about everything for at least 8 years....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCvbFRoDBCg

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

The Taint Reaper posted:

Nothing but 15 minutes of millenials getting tirggered.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWJT0egzAy0
Jesus, this dude is utterly insufferable and a huge idiot. You don't even get to hear much funny ideology because he just kinda shouts over everyone and then edits out their responses.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Casimir Radon posted:

My cousin who isn't quite a year younger than me was telling me about his grand plans to become an IT consultant a couple Christmases ago. He then proceeded to explain that Apple hard drives are the only ones you can't erase with a magnet, and some other garbage. So I burst his bubble by explaining that Apple doesn't actually make hard drives, and that many of the components they use are off the shelf just like every other manufacturer. Besides which you can't destabilize a hard drive or flash memory with anything short of a degauser, which most people can't just get a hold of. I imagine the sage advice he planed to dispense would be something along the lines of "buy a mac, lol". He works at Walmart currently.

I probably shouldn't be so hard on him. In between medical problems and exposure to his idiot parents it's probably good that he turned out as well as he did.

Pro-tip for your cousin: "Professor Messer," has free training video playlists on youtube for Comptia's A+, Network+ and Security+ and they're really good

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Whatev posted:

Jesus, this dude is utterly insufferable and a huge idiot. You don't even get to hear much funny ideology because he just kinda shouts over everyone and then edits out their responses.

He never once shouted at anyone in that video. Also he's making fun of idiots so I'll give him a thumbs up.

Antifa Sarkeesian
Jun 4, 2009

yo les digo que no, que no soy la madre de nadie, pero que, eso si, los conozco a todos, a todos los jóvenes poetas del DF, a los que nacieron aquí y a los que llegaron de provincias, y a los que el oleaje trajo de otros lugares de Latinoamérica, y que los quiero a todos

notZaar posted:

If I ever got in the position to veto job candidates,
hahahahahahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

ChesterJT posted:

He never once shouted at anyone in that video. Also he's making fun of idiots so I'll give him a thumbs up.
Talks over, rather. And he's a far bigger idiot than they are.

• Locked thread