Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Athletic Footjob posted:

"poses an infinitely arguable problem: which charity?"

that is true. ive literally never donated to charity because i just cant solve the infinitely arguable problem. there's too many ppl to help. ill just keep my money. sorry people in need. not even micro can figure this out.

I was part of the focus group recently about charitable healthcare giving. The whole thing devolved into discussion about government funding of healthcare. Most people's point of view was that the government should be funding healthcare, not private citizens, and that it's ineffective for individuals to try to allocate funds appropriately. it seems like the type of thing that would benefit from central planning. I said I would be very likely to contribute to a group that lobbied or campaigned the government to contribute more to healthcare research and specialized care. But unlikely to give to any specific health-related charity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Soldier of Fortran posted:

im curious how well ios 5 handles web pages these days. would you mind posing a screenshot of some recently updated website so I can see?

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

computer parts posted:

where do you live that you're spending $1200

this does remind me though, i'm still shocked that iPhones in china are $100 more in RMB compared with the US

Amurricah with an apple upgrade plan over 24 months

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Soldier of Fortran posted:

im curious how well ios 5 handles web pages these days. would you mind posing a screenshot of some recently updated website so I can see?

i would mind because i really don't want to get harassed by people

i can assure you it works just fine, however

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
yet most of your jobs are trying to wind people up

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

apple peaked with the duodock

:swoon:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sudo Echo posted:

unironically agree

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sudo Echo posted:

:swoon:

wow those sure are some bad computers

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Shaggar posted:

wow those sure are some bad computers

Actually, it's one bad computer and a docking station

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i don't think so theres a laptop and its not in a docking station and then theres a bad computer that the crt is sitting on.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

post more classic macs tia

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shaggar posted:

i don't think so theres a laptop and its not in a docking station and then theres a bad computer that the crt is sitting on.

that's a comically oversized docking station.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
where? the laptop is not even docked

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

correct. not in that photo, no. it slots into the "computer" in the background.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
:stare:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
tim does it again

quote:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Apple says it sold more than 13 million iPhone 6s and 6s Plus phones in the three days since its iPhone launch, topping last year's early sales mark.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

zen death robot posted:

Are there still people mad that Apple quit making small iphones?

me

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its one of the many reasons i will not be buying an iphone huge and bendy edition.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zen death robot posted:

not mad, just disappointed

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

b

Shaggar posted:

its one of the many reasons i will not be buying an iphone huge and bendy edition.
so you're going to buy a lumia huge or huger?

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Shaggar posted:

how big is the winphone you plan on replacing your smallphone with?

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

zen death robot posted:

✋🏿

my thumb goes from here, to here

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its huge but its not bendy and doesn't have failos 9 on it

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

do you jerk off to cortana

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
winphone: starring the latest & greatest anroid apps

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

Stymie posted:

not mad, just disappointed

:rip: one-handed texting.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

jony neuemonic posted:

:rip: one-handed texting.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

zen death robot posted:

yes

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zen death robot posted:

You all have small hands

hand sizes are uniform across a very small range and the iphone 4s was ideal for all hand sizes within that range, based on rigorous testing

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
The iPhone 4 was comically tiny.

Ice_2_c_u
Sep 13, 2002

but for a phone?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

its cool how apple keeps adding things to make the keyboard taller and less usable on small screens

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the main difference between apple now and apple under steve is that when steve was in charge, products were designed with usability and human factors in mind

data was the primary factor that determined how a product would be created and if the data contradicted the current consumer whim then they would still move forward because the data was the data and not subject to idle fancy

tim is constantly triangulating about current fickle trends and releasing products that ignore human-centric, data-driven rigorous testing, all while cutting corners that results in overlarge phones that bend with normal use

Deacon of Delicious
Aug 20, 2007

I bet the twist ending is Dracula's dick-babies
maybe I should have gotten one of those pre bent phones, like the g flex

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the iphone 6 is so gigantic they added a special command to shift the screen down so you could touch it all.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Shaggar posted:

the iphone 6 is so gigantic they added a special command to shift the screen down so you could touch it all.
i find i have to use reachability all the time. not sure if it's really bad or actually good

i am a bit conflicted over my comically huge new iphone but overall i like it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I'm finding my 6s pretty needs suiting but the hugeness still feels a bit off, might be the case I got the apple leather one and it's pretty much as slippery as a naked phone anybody got a deece soft-touch case? [no silicone poo poo] [must be kawaii]

also I was pretty surprised I could just walk up and get one sunday at 5pm, I just did an "appointment" and it took fewer than 10 minutes until I was out the door.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Shaggar posted:

i'm not really sure why they added this when you also have the option to bend it far enough that you can reach everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

browsing is more pleasant with the larger size. one handed typing is not. two handed typing is better for me in portrait than it was on the 5. not sure if the size is a net positive or negative. mostly i don't care/notice the drawbacks. the positives are obvious.

it's kind of an ugly design to look at, at least compared to the 4's awesome design, but it's very nice to hold and use.

• Locked thread