Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Dirt posted:

I never play anymore. Anyone on blue want my cash/items? I dont have a ton. Maybe ~3k in cash and a CoS and some other random valuable poo poo. My Mage has maybe ~6k in gear, plus some resist gear in the bank.

I'd take anything you don't want to give to them and distribute it. I'm sure Welt could use a CoS and some other caster items. Also the other new guys who just asked for stuff. I am happy to help distribute it though to those who might use it otherwise. If you let me know what time you might be on I can try to meet you my main is Jeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Loving the loss the the hybrid-exp penalty. My exp bars finally move again.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

I Love You! posted:

Yeah it sucked a lot getting tons of XP and hanging with dudes while handily beating up the jerks trying to stop us without breaking a sweat thank you for the kind words!

Out of range of Exed and Empire, keep enjoying it while you can. http://www.r99pvp.net/seasonone/showplayer.php?p=Smallmee

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Loving the loss the the hybrid-exp penalty. My exp bars finally move again.

Grouped with a Paladin, Bard, and Monk today. Was so fast.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Sep 23, 2015

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

Dirt posted:

I never play anymore. Anyone on blue want my cash/items? I dont have a ton. Maybe ~3k in cash and a CoS and some other random valuable poo poo. My Mage has maybe ~6k in gear, plus some resist gear in the bank.

I should probably give it to Welt or Brererererez or however you spell your drat name. i feel like I hungout with you dudes the most.

Maybe one day ill come back and roll that stupid Erudite SK I wanted to do.

Also did Steeks ever come back? he was my favorite weirdo

Bererez here. Just save that poo poo for if you come back. I'd like that.

Steeks should be coming back soon unless his legal troubles caught up to him.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Ashenden posted:

Out of range of Exed and Empire, keep enjoying it while you can. http://www.r99pvp.net/seasonone/showplayer.php?p=Smallmee

Grouped with a Paladin, Bard, and Monk today. Was so fast.

I genuinely cannot wait to be in range of high-level people who want to fight all the time. I am also crazy.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?s=adf61788539a0c803df4757c317a3bc4&t=210959

All of us, red or blue, should roll up new characters on the Discord server when that happens and zerg the poo poo out of people for laughs until the bitter end.

I also submit that we all roll as trolls (for RP reasons of course.)

Siets fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 23, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
If people are interested I could attempt to put the goon guild back together for the Discord server. I used to run the guild over on Red and did a pretty good job of it until my computer blew up and I disappeared for a long time.

There are some issues with this though in that it will be damned hard to actually get people invites and manage the guild due to the dangers of travelling and such. I'm not 100% certain that a guild is going to be the best organizing force. I'll do it if people want but I think smaller squads of up to 6 are maybe the best way to go even if it means butchering each other for profit.

I am still trying to put together the last 2 slots for my lil team's Discord group. The four of us currently playing together tend to play in early evenings EST through regular evening when we are around, and plan to always travel as a full group. If you are a person or a duo looking to play Discord fairly seriously (but not poopsockingly so) and want to be travelling with a full group at all times, you should let me know as soon as possible! We have very good plans and will probably kill a lot of people before dying hideously to a Orc Warrior!

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Sep 23, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
FINALLY got my IP exemption! For those asking about it, it will happen, be patient. I think it took me a whole month to get a reply, but then it went through smoothly.

Siets posted:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?s=adf61788539a0c803df4757c317a3bc4&t=210959

All of us, red or blue, should roll up new characters on the Discord server when that happens and zerg the poo poo out of people for laughs until the bitter end.

I also submit that we all roll as trolls (for RP reasons of course.)

I am so down for any kind of goon roll shenanigans. Rolling Trolls on Discord actually sounds kinda fun, but I'd probably quit playing after a couple deaths.

We should pick like a certain day / time of the week and all roll chars together and have a slow leveling party going or something.

Eh, then again I've been pretty busy lately, haven't gotten in as much EQ.

I Love You! posted:

If people are interested I could attempt to put the goon guild back together for the Discord server. I used to run the guild over on Red and did a pretty good job of it until my computer blew up and I disappeared for a long time.

There are some issues with this though in that it will be damned hard to actually get people invites and manage the guild due to the dangers of travelling and such. I'm not 100% certain that a guild is going to be the best organizing force. I'll do it if people want but I think smaller squads of up to 6 are maybe the best way to go even if it means butchering each other for profit.

I am still trying to put together the last 2 slots for my lil team's Discord group. The four of us currently playing together tend to play in early evenings EST through regular evening when we are around, and plan to always travel as a full group. If you are a person or a duo looking to play Discord fairly seriously (but not poopsockingly so) and want to be travelling with a full group at all times, you should let me know as soon as possible! We have very good plans and will probably kill a lot of people before dying hideously to a Orc Warrior!

Yeah because of the nature of Discord I think an IRC channel would work better than trying to form a guild in-game.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I Love You! is correct that getting an actual guild tag will be challenging due to the nature of the server's mechanics. That's why I am thinking that we really ought to all roll one race or at least all evil or all good and nearby each other. Then we'd also want some kind of naming scheme to be able to identify other goons in a pinch. Something like Itchybutt, Stinkybutt, Sexybutt, [adjective]butt basically or something equivalent.

(... and then if by some miracle we got a tag, we could be <Butt Pirates> :haw:)

Taking over Innothule Swamp as a gaggle of policing trolls on opening night just sounds like wayyy too much fun to me though.

vvv Erudite is smart too. To this day, I have NEVER set foot on Odus on any character. Have never ever had a reason to go over that far west.

Siets fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Sep 23, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Scratchybutt sounds good to me.

Also rolling Trolls means we'd have a decent shot of getting a few levels before we run into other players, although I guess others could have the same idea. Erudite may be a pro choice for that very reason, level up in Odus in relative safety and then roll over to like Qeynos and start murdering half-elves.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
The problem with trolls is that you're missing out on mages, necros, druids, and wizards: i.e., the best possible classes on Discord. You really want gate, you want snares, you want pets when possible, and so you might be able to hold the swamps but as soon as a Gnome squad rolls in you're in some serious trouble.

The biggest upside to holding innothule would be controlling Guk, but there's going to be a MAD RACE for Guk since you can stay there forever and most parts of it can be done safely with the right group. Honestly if a group of 4-6 mages rolls into Guk they are going to scream to the 20s and beyond and there's not a whole lot anyone could do about it. Either way I expect innothule to be a murderfest and while it's maybe still an OK place to start, pet classes will make life hell for people who don't have max swimming.

This is why my group's planned layout is Mage/Mage/Mage/Necro/Druid/Chanter =]

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
To kind of put it in perspective, getting characters to 5-6 isn't really going to be that hard. You might lose one or two in the process, but with the XP boost you can jump right back on the wagon. The big issue is going to be what you do once you hit that 6-8 plateau and need to travel somewhere real to continue leveling. Where do you go first? How long does it take to get there in case something goes wrong? If you have to gate home how bad is that? And how long can you stay in place before having to travel again?

Those are the big questions and the answers have to be tempered with expectation of how much competition you might have. This is why pet classes are going to be so good early, because a group of pet classes can stay at full health while chain pulling and quickly outlevel an area without having the same level of danger as someone who has to constantly be getting hit and watching their backs.

Getting from 6 to 12/14 and getting bind is the really tough part and however we can manage it safely and quickly is probably the most important consideration with regards to a start.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Sep 23, 2015

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Back when I played on a brand new Race v Race server. Opening day the goodies in FP got absolutely rolled. Ogre and Trolls took over Nro, but they had shamans who got SoW before our druids. The Dark elves had an actual wall of bodies in EC, where the sand turns into grass. Absolute massacre.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

I Love You! posted:

To kind of put it in perspective, getting characters to 5-6 isn't really going to be that hard. You might lose one or two in the process, but with the XP boost you can jump right back on the wagon. The big issue is going to be what you do once you hit that 6-8 plateau and need to travel somewhere real to continue leveling. Where do you go first? How long does it take to get there in case something goes wrong? If you have to gate home how bad is that? And how long can you stay in place before having to travel again?

Those are the big questions and the answers have to be tempered with expectation of how much competition you might have. This is why pet classes are going to be so good early, because a group of pet classes can stay at full health while chain pulling and quickly outlevel an area without having the same level of danger as someone who has to constantly be getting hit and watching their backs.

Getting from 6 to 12/14 and getting bind is the really tough part and however we can manage it safely and quickly is probably the most important consideration with regards to a start.

I hear what you are saying...

I guess we can go about this two ways: A.) We can be a bunch of :c00lbert: Johnny Optimals :c00lbert: and go for the gold, or B.) We can roll a bunch of trolls and kill dudes on the Guk zone-in while having a few laughs about it in Mumble.

I'm really fine with either. :shobon:

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Siets posted:

I hear what you are saying...

I guess we can go about this two ways: A.) We can be a bunch of :c00lbert: Johnny Optimals :c00lbert: and go for the gold, or B.) We can roll a bunch of trolls and kill dudes on the Guk zone-in while having a few laughs about it in Mumble.

I'm really fine with either. :shobon:

Yep, that's why I'm kind of trying to recruit separately for my PRO SQUAD since I assume many people just want to run around and zerg happily at low levels, but I also want to help give a little perspective and advice for those who want to graduate on to the next stage of desperately-clinging-to-life the game. I'll certainly join in on the random low-level violence party when my A-squad isn't around if I have the time.

By the way, I estimate the odds of Flowers of Happiness capturing and controlling Guk at about 100% unless a pretty sizeable goon squad challenges them, and there's probably some crossover there anyway.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Sep 23, 2015

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

I Love You! posted:

By the way, I estimate the odds of Flowers of Happiness capturing and controlling Guk at about 100%

As God intended.

I'll probably roll a Bard because a team with drum Selo's is far better than a team with SoW. I like the idea of Odus because anything Erudite can't fill can just start in or run to (Shaman) Qeynos and hop on a boat. Small races will be able to get the easiest MR chest armor.

Pillow Armadillo
Nov 15, 2005

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!"

Ashenden posted:

As God intended.

I'll probably roll a Bard because a team with drum Selo's is far better than a team with SoW. I like the idea of Odus because anything Erudite can't fill can just start in or run to (Shaman) Qeynos and hop on a boat. Small races will be able to get the easiest MR chest armor.

Another good thing about bards are their ability to PL groups with that AoE chords song. I'm sure whoever plays on the server will need that at some point.

I'm not above playing an Erudite cleric if we coordinate something on Odus.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Pillow Armadillo posted:

Another good thing about bards are their ability to PL groups with that AoE chords song. I'm sure whoever plays on the server will need that at some point.

Gonna need to be perfect and have a rock steady connection, though - a split second of lag or turning slightly too quick at the wrong time and you're permadead.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Or a root, or a snare, or even sometimes the split second of lag from a spell being cast on you even if it's resisted. I'm gonna try to stealth level a bard in off-hours but I'm not gonna pretend it's going to work. There'll be a billion mages and necros and any one of them can end your run with a single spell or Pet Attack command.

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Sep 24, 2015

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
Yeah, no one will be AE kiting as a bard on discord...at least not for very long.

It's gonna be single pulls from safe camps. All those boring rear end outdoor zones that no one but lazy AFK levelers go to will be full of guilds carefully grinding out levels and murdering anyone who looks at them sideways.

EDIT: Dont get me wrong, there will be lots of fun to be had, but don't underestimate the ability of P99's spergiest to completely drain the fun out of a permadeath PVP server.

aparmenideanmonad fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Sep 24, 2015

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Yeah, no one will be AE kiting as a bard on discord...at least not for very long.

It's gonna be single pulls from safe camps. All those boring rear end outdoor zones that no one but lazy AFK levelers go to will be full of guilds carefully grinding out levels and murdering anyone who looks at them sideways.

Hell naw we're going dungeon crawling and we're going whole hog. Easier to guard a zone border when there's only one way in! Might not do the most-trafficked locales but with a nice solid ZEM and the XP bonus think of the rewards! (It will be about the same xp as on Red with a group honestly)

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 24, 2015

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
would love to get in on Discord, willing to play drat near anything.

playing a 35 cleric on blue (Cuppycake) and a 13 wiz on red (Haughty) right now.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

I Love You! posted:

Hell naw we're going dungeon crawling and we're going whole hog. Easier to guard a zone border when there's only one way in! Might not do the most-trafficked locales but with a nice solid ZEM and the XP bonus think of the rewards! (It will be about the same xp as on Red with a group honestly)

Absolutely. Watch zone in, can have the healer keeping an eye on it. Level in HHK instead of MM, keep See invis on, etc

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I'd be down for some Discord insanity. It sounds absurd.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pillow Armadillo posted:

I'm not above playing an Erudite cleric if we coordinate something on Odus.

Yeah Erudite Magician sounds pretty good to me.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
Oh hell. I'll probably give discord a try and team up with you guys. It will be fun for at least a few days, maybe a even a week.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
That was nuts tonight. Had like 4 goons in our HHK basement group, and probably like 6 goons altogether went through the group over the evening.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

ChairmanMauzer posted:

That was nuts tonight. Had like 4 goons in our HHK basement group, and probably like 6 goons altogether went through the group over the evening.

Let's see if I can remember: Vellen, Vallisk, Azae, Klaymen, Tiresias, Jeah? Were all tagged and down in HHK basement tonight. Was really fun. Also 50+ goblin ears.

Ashenden fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Sep 25, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Ashenden posted:

Also 50+ goblin ears.

:homebrew: Raining plat down in HHK!

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013

Zaphod42 posted:

:homebrew: Raining plat down in HHK!

I turned mine in, then today a guy was actually looking to buy them so I kind of regretted it.

Ramulack
Oct 12, 2009
So, is - This - what EQ looked like at one point? :wtc:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Ramulack posted:

So, is - This - what EQ looked like at one point? :wtc:

Yep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ae-1KuAvMY (insanely low quality)

Is that an early Qeynos? I think it is!

Karana or Commons? Wow that's pretty barebones.

This is a dead ringer for surefall glade though.

Its weird to see early game alphas. I think overall it looks a lot like Quake, which they were probably copying to learn from doing early 3D rendering, and then went from there.

I kinda prefer the old ogre models though, is that crazy? They're more like giants than just monsters.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Red Update!

We are at the bottom of Crystal Caverns. Almost time for Tower of Frozen Shadow!

Send Scoobs a tell if youre around!

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Does anyone have any spare frost giant toes/heads on blue?

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Another topnotch UG group in HHK tonight.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Red update!

Back to Crystal Caverns, send a tell to Scoobs if you are around!

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
I am trying to start a Barbarian Shaman over on blue. I never did Everfrost back in the day and dear God I remember why. This is brutal in an unfun way and I'm not sure I'm going to make it to level 2.

Currently my corpse is being camped by a goblin that doesn't move and kills me before I can loot all my stuff. Yay.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Conskill posted:

I am trying to start a Barbarian Shaman over on blue. I never did Everfrost back in the day and dear God I remember why. This is brutal in an unfun way and I'm not sure I'm going to make it to level 2.

Currently my corpse is being camped by a goblin that doesn't move and kills me before I can loot all my stuff. Yay.

That sucks dude. I'd offer to help you but Everfrost is so far away...

Anybody higher level in zone you can ask for quick help moving your corpse? If they're high enough the goblin doesn't agro them they could just drag your corpse after you consent them. Or they could just help you kill the goblin.

Ashenden
Feb 6, 2013
Could use a buddy at HHK to sell for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
At this point I'm just going to delete the character and start over. Half way through level 1 isn't enough grind time to worry about trying to get my club and armor back.